User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: Ughh!! Parents Giving Their Kids Iced Cap's!!!!

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Children are much like parrots... they learn to repeat us, including our actions. I believe if your going to teach children whats good and bad for them you should be the one to set the example. You can't expect your child to eat healty when they see you eating crap. You can't expect your child not to smoke when they grow up with there parents smoking around them there whole life. I believe its up to us to set the example for them. Put your self in your kids shoes.. its hard for children to understand how its not good for them but okay for mom and dad
    Last edited by dariusz8; Sun, Jun 3rd, 2012 at 07:03 PM.
    walkonby and PurpleBunny89 like this.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Sad for those parents that will rather buy an iced cap insted of giving water .. I guess thats why obeisty in kids is getting worst every year..
    Happy Shopping !!

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    LOL thats funny, I grew up drinking koolaid. Coming from a lower income family we drank/ate what we could afford
    I had Koolaid from time to time growing up as well, back then not only was money short for a lot of people, awareness was as well. Back in the day people smoked in hospitals, malls and while pregnant as well.... we now know how bad that is. Same for children and nurtition, back then nobody batted an eye to it... but now because of research we all know better.
    walkonby likes this.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    LOL thats funny, I grew up drinking koolaid. Coming from a lower income family we drank/ate what we could afford
    I grew up in a single parent household, no child support, and my mom never made us Koolaid, and she hated that my aunt let me drink it at her house when I was visiting. Same with things like KD. We weren't allowed sugary cereals either, Cheerios and plain Rice Krispies with fruit added.

I grew up thinking things like processed snacks, lunchables, fast food, etc were all expensive because we never had them. Boy was I wrong!
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post
    I grew up in a single parent household, no child support, and my mom never made us Koolaid, and she hated that my aunt let me drink it at her house when I was visiting. Same with things like KD. We weren't allowed sugary cereals either, Cheerios and plain Rice Krispies with fruit added.

I grew up thinking things like processed snacks, lunchables, fast food, etc were all expensive because we never had them. Boy was I wrong!
    OMG thats hilarious!!! My daughter asks "Why don't we ever GET to have KD" lol!!
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KK7 View Post
    if we are on the subject of bad things for kids can we tell parents to not let kids pick their nose and eat it it isn't good for them either and I hate watching them well I am trying to work .....just saying lol
    ewwwww! i was just about to eat some strawberries..think i'll wait a little
    KK7 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I will admit that I give my six year old DS a Gatorade once in awhile. But it's not a regular occurrence, neither is juice. It's a treat. Normally the choices are milk or water. He's never had an ice cap though!

I never got sweet cereals growing up either. DS gets Corn Bran or Honey Bunches of Oats sometimes, but mostly mundane stuff like Rice Krispies.

He will do a LOT for a Lunchable, but it's not even a monthly event. A coworker told me he'd gone to a nutrition session at Atlantic Superstore once, and they used a Lunchable as a prop. She'd had it in her car for a couple of years and it did not go moldy. Scary! Kraft Dinner is maybe once a month, he'll easily eat half a box. But we don't normally buy it unless it's on sale, so it's not a staple in the cupboard.
    Last edited by Zonny; Sun, Jun 3rd, 2012 at 07:27 PM.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    16 (94%)

Quote Originally Posted by babyluck View Post
    I let my 5 yr old drink my iced cap sometimes, really bad idea I guess.
    well, i would research it for sure! personally, i dont think its a great idea however, everyone parents differently! Its none of anyone's business.

There are worse things out there. smoking in your home with kids or non smokers. feeding your kids crap all day. not getting your kids out for exercise.

i know when my kids were not feeling well, i used to give them tea and toast. that probably was a great thing looking back, but that is just what we did then???? i dunno...lol
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.
    if at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you...

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

I never had KD or koolaid my dear mom ALWAYS gave us water never juice (as a matter of fact juice never got into my house until we were 16 or so ... pop was only when we ate out) no cereals or anything like tha .. we were a meidum high class family and she always gave us fruit + water lol she said it will make the juice in my stomach lol !! ..
    Happy Shopping !!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    OMG thats hilarious!!! My daughter asks "Why don't we ever GET to have KD" lol!!
    I knew we didn't have a lot of money, so anything we didn't have I assumed was because we couldn't afford it!
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by etherealone View Post
    well, i would research it for sure! personally, i dont think its a great idea however, everyone parents differently! Its none of anyone's business.

There are worse things out there. smoking in your home with kids or non smokers. feeding your kids crap all day. not getting your kids out for exercise.

i know when my kids were not feeling well, i used to give them tea and toast. that probably was a great thing looking back, but that is just what we did then???? i dunno...lol
    Tea is not so bad, it doesn't have nearly the caffeine levels as coffee.

One of the kids my DS goes to before/after school care with is a very heavy kid. His mom is the same. I won't point fingers there, you'll never have to shake out the sheets to find me. But when we went to this kid's birthday party, the only beverage available was pop, I think her child has that on a regular basis. Mine has never had a whole glass of it for himself, but gets sips of ours (and definitely wants more!). She's also a smoker, and although she says she doesn't smoke in the car while he's in it, I've traveled with her before. She has no problem smoking when he's not there, the car reeks. I wonder if that has an effect? Certainly makes you stink. I won't even tell you the words my DS has learned from her DS, seems that every other word from her mouth is...well, you get the picture. So there's worse things than getting an Ice Capp.
    Last edited by Zonny; Sun, Jun 3rd, 2012 at 07:33 PM.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    I really hate it when I'm at a Tim Hortons and I see people ordering iced cap's for their little kids!! Just cause it looks like a milkshake that doesn't make it one!! It's still coffee people, it's bad for your kids!! I really wanted to smack the lady in front of me yesterday ordering one for her 4 year old!!
    How about putting Coke in a toddler's sippy cup. Dentists see the results all the time - acid from Coke eroding the first set of the kid's teeth. Yikes!
    Darth Penguin likes this.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    Tea is not so bad, it doesn't have nearly the caffeine levels as coffee.

One of the kids my DS goes to before/after school care with is a very heavy kid. His mom is the same. I won't point fingers there, you'll never have to shake out the sheets to find me. But when we went to this kid's birthday party, the only beverage available was pop, I think her child has that on a regular basis. Mine has never had a whole glass of it for himself, but gets sips of ours (and definitely wants more!). She's also a smoker, and although she says she doesn't smoke in the car while he's in it, I've traveled with her before. She has no problem smoking when he's not there, the car reeks. I wonder if that has an effect? Certainly makes you stink. I won't even tell you the words my DS has learned from her DS, seems that every other word from her mouth is...well, you get the picture. So there's worse things than getting an Ice Capp.

It would take 4 cans of pop to get the caffeine as 1 small iced cap, plus it has nearly as much sugar. None the less, all the habits people are mentioning are bad; boxed foods, processed foods, high sugar drinks, sugary cereals, and soda, smoking around kids and swearing.... the fact of the matter is, none of it is healthy and as parents its our responsibility to make sure our kids stay away from it all to the best of our ability.

For those who do buy their kids Iced Caps, why not try the smoothies?? They have real fruit and yogurt and no caffeine.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    How about putting Coke in a toddler's sippy cup. Dentists see the results all the time - acid from Coke eroding the first set of the kid's teeth. Yikes!
    I know its grose!! There is nothing more sicking than seeing children with bad teeth, or those big mental colored fillings in their mouths!!! yuck!! It can be so easily avoided!!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethjohn2005 View Post
    how much caffeine is present in this icecap?
    Timmy's says 90 mg caffeine in a small Ice Cap
    http://www.timhortons.com/ca/pdf/CaffeinceContentEN.pdf

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information