User Tag List

Page 162 of 239 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 212 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 3573
Like Tree4017Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GatineauGirl View Post
    Mr SS comes "out swinging" often, doesn't he? You're right about the "double speak" too. It is painful to watch.
    we've always been at war with Eurasia..
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

The latest in local politics, a senior staffer admits that the march was the idea of the trip but added on some community hubs so they would be "working" and took a city owned (and logo'ed) vehicle.

A local councillor says she's "concerned about the optics" after a group of employees drove a city vehicle to Washington, D.C. and attended the Women's March there.
    Donna Skelly of Ward 7 says someone contacted her anonymously pointing out that Joe-Anne Priel, the city's general manager of emergency and community services, and six other employees drove a van there for the roughly five-day trip ...
    Priel says the group wanted to attend the Women's March, and scheduled some site visits for when they were there. Once they realized they'd be working in Washington too, that's when she booked the van for the trip.
    The staffers were photographed at the Women's March on Saturday, and Priel appeared in a local media story discussing the need to stop the rise of Donald Trump-like politics in Canada.
    They visited community hubs, McKinney said. Specifically, they went to Mary's Centre health hub and the Georgia Avenue Family Support Collaborative.
    The local media story mentioned also quotes her as a city employee when she was not approved to make a statement on the city's behalf yet they don't seem all that bothered? A few councillors were quite upset (and rightly so, take time off and do what you want but that is not representing the city if they did not approve it ahead of time and they admit they were going to the march then added on the visits to get the vehicle etc)
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last edited by seylz_gurl; Wed, Feb 1st, 2017 at 12:19 PM.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Texas students salute Trump, yell "Heil Hitler" during senior photos

A student who anonymously sent photos of the incident to KPRC claimed to have witnessed about 70 classmates saluting, as some yelled "Heil Hitler" and "Heil Trump" outside Cypress Ranch High School, about 30 miles northwest of Houston.
    The students took a normal photo first and were supposed to take a funny photo afterwards, which is when the anonymous source said something "pretty terrifying" happened.

The station reports that Principal Bob Hull sent a letter home to parents that said several students made a poor choice of displaying inappropriate gestures during the class photo.

The school is conducting an investigation and will punish students according to the code of conduct, according to the letter.
    "We ask that you talk to your students regarding the posting and sharing of negative social media as this perpetuates a false image of Cy Ranch HS," Hull wrote. "We appreciate your partnership and support."

"Unfortunately, many of these images have been shared on social media," Hull's letter said. "This is extremely disappointing as this is not an accurate representation of our student body."

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

well......I guess #45 ( Trump ) will be tweeting like mad in an hour or so now that a Federal judge did this ( just an hour ago )

Washington (CNN)A federal judge in Washington State granted a temporary restraining order Friday night that the state's attorney general said immediately halted President Donald Trump's immigration executive order effective nationwide.

Federal Judge James Robart, who presides in Washington State, granted the order.
    "No one is above the law -- not even the President," Washington State Attorney General Bob Ferguson said.

There was no immediate response from the Trump administration.
    Developing story - more to come.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/03/politi...ays/index.html
    Last edited by walkonby; Fri, Feb 3rd, 2017 at 08:00 PM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Oh really? Apparently Bissonnette was very active on Facebook, posting white supremacist, anti-immigrant and anti-feminist dogma:
    And he liked the NDP party page and Jack Layton's memorial page on Facebook. Sounds like his head wasn't screwed on straight to me. Nuts existed long before Trump came on the scene.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Oops.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    And he liked the NDP party page and Jack Layton's memorial page on Facebook. Sounds like his head wasn't screwed on straight to me. Nuts existed long before Trump came on the scene.
    Page likes are rarely an indication. I like Trump, Layton, Harper, May all he politicians pages especially during election time. Doesn't mean I "like" them. I follow them because I have a "know your enemy" philosophy.

However there is every indication this guy was a xtian white supremacist.
    Newfiescreech and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Page likes are rarely an indication. I like Trump, Layton, Harper, May all he politicians pages especially during election time. Doesn't mean I "like" them. I follow them because I have a "know your enemy" philosophy.

Lots of people I know follow President Trump simply because they want to see what he says/tweets. Not that they agree with him.

I see this guy as a culturally Christian at the very least but he's definitely showing signs of white supremacy.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I think we all agree he's a nut. But Trump didn't make him a nut.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    I think we all agree he's a nut. But Trump didn't make him a nut.

In Quebec we don't need a Trump we have bill 101 and the PQ to insight racism and anti-immigrant garbage.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

In Quebec we don't need a Trump we have bill 101 and the PQ to insight racism and anti-immigrant garbage.
    Quebec is a special case. As you know, I lived in Quebec for 12 years. I believe they have a right to protect their culture from assimilation into the greater North American anglo culture. They are a small population, 6 million, in the middle of North America's 350 million anglos. They have the right to enact some laws to protect their language and their culture or they would simply be swept away by the larger sea of different cultures around them. Québécois have a right to exist. And before someone says something stupid, I utterly condemn what Bisonette did.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Romania, after six days of protests and more than 500,000 on the street, the largest anti-government crowds since the violent 1989 revolution that toppled dictator Nicolae Ceausescu pressured their government to repeal a hastily adopted decree that would have eased penalties for official corruption.
    They are asking for the government to resign.

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/201...-protests.html

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Speaker Bercow: Trump will not be allowed to address UK parliament

Donald Trump will not be welcome to address Parliament on his state visit to the UK because of his racist and sexist attitudes, the Speaker of the House of Commons has said in a major snub to the American President.
    In a dramatic intervention, John Bercow, the Speaker, said he was “strongly opposed” to Mr Trump speaking in the Commons as he stressed that being invited to address Parliament was “not an automatic right” but “an earned honour”.

“Before the imposition of the migrant ban I would myself have been strongly opposed to an address by President Trump in Westminster Hall," Mr Bercow told MPs.
    “After the imposition of the migrant ban by President Trump I am even more strongly opposed to an address by President Trump in Westminster Hall.”
    Parts of the Commons erupted into rare spontaneous applause in support of Mr Bercow’s statement.
    The intervention will cause headaches in Downing Street, where Theresa May has bent over backwards to rekindle the so-called special relationship with the US.
    Veteran Labour MP Dennis Skinner, speaking after Mr Bercow’s statement said: “Further to that point of order: two words: well done.”
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Mon, Feb 6th, 2017 at 04:41 PM. Reason: add link

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Alt-right thinks Lady Gaga's Superbowl performance"Satanic ritual"

By almost all accounts, Lady Gaga’s halftime Super Bowl performance was astounding, the singer’s stage antics wowing all those watching.
    However, before the match started, infamous alt-right spokesperson and InfoWars founder Alex Jones took to Facebook to warn followers not to watch Gaga’s show because she’s the spawn of Satan and part of the ‘New World Order’.
    After claiming Gaga “does rituals” and pointing out she once wore a meat suit, Jones said the Super Bowl “organisers are deciding to defile America and break our will by having us bow down to this.”
    “They say she’s going to stand on top of the stadium, ruling over everyone with drones everywhere, surveilling everyone in a big swarm,” he said. “To just condition them to say ‘I am the Godess of Satan’ ruling over them with the rise of the robots in a ritual of lesser magic.”

He continues to rant about the ‘New World Order’, how Trump has ruined Gaga’s Satanic plan to dominate the world, and slapping himself on the back for being a ‘free thinker’.
    Comments underneath the Facebook post echoed Jones's sentiment, while some also brought up the illuminati.
    To be fair, there were a lot of triangles during Gaga’s performance. Illuminati confirmed? Probably. Meanwhile, in an even more suspicious occurrence, The Simpsons seemingly predicted Gaga’s Super Bowl performance. Will the ‘New World Order’ ever stop messing with us?
    The alt-right movement, a loose group of people with far right ideologies who reject mainstream Conservatism, has been associated with white supremacism, Islamophobia, antifeminism and anti-Semitism. It was little known until last year, when it endorsed Trump’s election campaign and he appeared to endorse the movement back. Alex Jones has been labelled 'alt-right' on numerous occasions.

Page 162 of 239 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 212 ... LastLast

Thread Information