User Tag List

Page 191 of 193 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 2885
Like Tree7764Likes

Thread: First World Problems: post yours!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Tweets77 oh yes, o.k. I've had that happen too with other companies/cards. They only email those who they guess were affected. Glad you at least got a new card mailed out.
    Tweets77, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Noticed at school my usual ( I am always taking the same) computer,..is recording all my files that I do in my computer at home ..like facebook and etc...I unchecked some cases today and I will recheck monday to be sure its stop doing that and it is okaie because it is annoying...like all my computers were connected togheter...
    Ciel21 likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Yesterday,I did not get a chance to check my e-mail before 4 pm and I received at 8:00 am a e-mail from Reitmans saying 40% off of everything in store and 60% +10% addiitionnal on clearance items......by the time I checked Reitmans site all the good clothes I wanted where gone in my size...grrr
    Earlier bird or not busy people get the deals I guess??? Like the grocery good sales...
    That piss me off...It was just for yesterday for st-patrick day I think..
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Mar 18th, 2023 at 04:29 AM.
    Ciel21 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Noticed at school my usual ( I am always taking the same) computer,..is recording all my files that I do in my computer at home ..like facebook and etc...I unchecked some cases today and I will recheck monday to be sure its stop doing that and it is okaie because it is annoying...like all my computers were connected togheter...
    This is because you are log into your web browser (eg Chrome or Microsoft Edge) using the same account (if it's Chrome, 99% chance it's your gmail account, but not necessarily.) The fact that it does this is a feature, so people can resume browsing, and it remembers you on all of your devices. etc.

If you want them to be completely separated then you can turn the sync off on the web browser on your school computer. -- in the top right of the browser is an icon that represents your browser user account. Click this icon and select where it says "Sync is on" to turn it off.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Sun, Mar 19th, 2023 at 07:57 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

So ticked about finding no coupons out there ,come on people dont take the entire bunch .I missed the rice krispie 2.00 a few months back and i buy it all the time.

Now missed this snack o coupon for 3.00 off granola bars in sobeys ,totally gone last week and today.uggggggg
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Mar 31st, 2023 at 07:33 PM.
    barbis9, Poirot, walkonby and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I am so frustrated with stores that keep changing their coupon policy like I change my underwear 🩲 (every day&#128521! Went to my local Pharmaprix (SDM in Quebec) and depending on the cashier, they will or will not accept coupons, or there’s confusion about one per purchase vs one per transaction. Urrrggh! Can’t take it anymore! I had my transaction all planned out and pouf! Nothing! Left everything and walked out.

EDIT: An even better deal is coming up on Thursday at IGA! Maybe it was the universe telling me to wait.
    Last edited by GeorgiaK; Tue, Apr 4th, 2023 at 12:42 AM.
    Silk, barbis9, Poirot and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@GeorgiaK:The EDIT: Are you talking about the upcoming deal with IGA QC and the rice krispies,nutrigrain and kellogs special k bars for 1$ after the snack o clock coupons and the scene points.Just curious haha.Good for you for waiting and leave yours things there.,My maxi and cie change theirs coupons rules often too,so annoying...So true about encountering problems with the interpretation of the per transaction and per purchase..grr
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Apr 4th, 2023 at 02:30 AM.
    Ciel21 likes this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@cath007 , yes, on Thursday the snacks are 2.97$ each and I have the snck o clock coupons with 100 Scene points for every 2 you buy. So, I figure I can make about 20$ in Scene points.

@GeorgiaK:The EDIT: Are you talking about the upcoming deal with IGA QC and the rice krispies,nutrigrain and kellogs special k bars for 1$ after the snack o clock coupons and the scene points.Just curious haha.Good for you for waiting and leave yours things there.,My maxi and cie change theirs coupons rules often too,so annoying...So true about encountering problems with the interpretation of the per transaction and per purchase..grr
    barbis9, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Not sure if this is rant worthy, or even First world problem worthy BUT when I was at Shell and started the transaction at the pump, the screen that always comes up asking if you want a car wash now had NO option for saying " no thanks " . There were just 3 options of car washes as if they were forcing me to choose one! I looked for the cancel button on the other key pad and all of a sudden the car wash screen disappeared and up came the next screen to continue on with my transaction.

That seems like a dirty move to me? I am sure there will be some schmuck that will press one of the car wash options thinking they must.
    Silk, Tweets77, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

So I had to stop at my local bank branch this week and figured since I was there I would pick up a couple of new cheque registers (most of you reading this know what those are!). I had to explain what a cheque register was to the teller and then the next teller over pipes up "we don't do that anymore". Um.. excuse me? One of the richest corporations in Canada is not providing a product that costs them pennies to us folks who still have chequing accounts and don't use the internet to do our banking? Not to mention the fact that I pay extra every month (for 47 years) for little things like cheques and cheque register that I don't have to buy elsewhere. So my comeback was...I think that I have to think about who I deal with for banking..right now my Credit Union is looking much better to me and no hassles.
    Silk, cath007, SassyAshley and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was annoyed when all banks stopped using paper bankbooks, a few years back. I always prefer a good hard-copy.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sounds like some sync feature is turned on like Bluetooth? Good that you caught the computer doing that and fixed the issue. Probably someone set the setting to always sync files?
    cath007 likes this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rants:

1) Missing second bus connection because I thought it would stop at the Heritage Green bus terminal. I should have disembarked two stops earlier and crossed at the light. Added 30min+ to my trip. Have to remember this bit.

2) Bic Glide pens (aka formerly Bic Atlantis)-they are made in Tunisia and the ink seems lighter. When I write, I always have the impression the ink will run out it seems so light. But the ink is still mostly there.

Go for the older Atlantis packages made in France. I wish I ordered a 12pk at Staples online---lesson learned but I don't know if those pens are still made in France.
    coupon girl and cath007 like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

We are so lucky and grateful that we have great neighbours all around us. That said.....call it " Murphy's law " but in the back where all the yards are joined ( shared fences ) the very lovely couple who we share one end fence with decided THIS was the week they were going to run a sander or whatever bloody noisy power tool it was NON STOP.
    At first I though some nimrod had a weed wacker out trimming the edges of a lawn but over time I came to deduce no one here has that much lawn!
    So....DH investigated.
    Why? Well lets return to Murphy's Law for a moment. Starting May 15th he was on holidays!! His plans included gardening tasks, a few clean up of outdoor things, maybe sit with his morning coffee in the mornings out back to get sun, or just surf on his tablet. Nope.
    What was our guy over the fence doing? Apparently resurfacing ( sanding down ? ) his entire deck!! His deck is 1 level and spans the entire surface area to where the 3 shared fences with the neighbours are.
    So Rome wasn't built in a day BUT every freaking day for 7 days??!! Such loud VROOMS ! but way more annoying that that word sound.
    With the windows closed and indoors I could still hear it.

it was very similar to this sound. That is NOT my neighbour, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuBAEadoz-s

We tried to laugh it off because they are REALLY nice people. ugh!! Poor hubby. He came in one day and told me I had missed the fireworks where the wife was bellowing at whoever was sanding that they were doing it all wrong or at least NOT the way she wanted it done. Sigh. It's just past 9 a.m. and so far I don't hear anything. Sure, that's because they probably know his holidays are done, it's back to work tomorrow.
    Last edited by walkonby; Mon, May 22nd, 2023 at 09:29 AM.
    Tweets77, Lynn49 and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    We are so lucky and grateful that we have great neighbours all around us. That said.....call it " Murphy's law " but in the back where all the yards are joined ( shared fences ) the very lovely couple who we share one end fence with decided THIS was the week they were going to run a sander or whatever bloody noisy power tool it was NON STOP.
    At first I though some nimrod had a weed wacker out trimming the edges of a lawn but over time I came to deduce no one here has that much lawn!
    So....DH investigated.
    Why? Well lets return to Murphy's Law for a moment. Starting May 15th he was on holidays!! His plans included gardening tasks, a few clean up of outdoor things, maybe sit with his morning coffee in the mornings out back to get sun, or just surf on his tablet. Nope.
    What was our guy over the fence doing? Apparently resurfacing ( sanding down ? ) his entire deck!! His deck is 1 level and spans the entire surface area to where the 3 shared fences with the neighbours are.
    So Rome wasn't built in a day BUT every freaking day for 7 days??!! Such loud VROOMS ! but way more annoying that that word sound.
    With the windows closed and indoors I could still hear it.

it was very similar to this sound. That is NOT my neighbour, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuBAEadoz-s

We tried to laugh it off because they are REALLY nice people. ugh!! Poor hubby. He came in one day and told me I had missed the fireworks where the wife was bellowing at whoever was sanding that they were doing it all wrong or at least NOT the way she wanted it done. Sigh. It's just past 9 a.m. and so far I don't hear anything. Sure, that's because they probably know his holidays are done, it's back to work tomorrow.
    I hear you @walkonby ! When we lived in town, the idiot next door used a firepit (sitting on a wooden deck!) to burn green (treated) lumber for days on end! So glad we moved to the country...way less smoke of any kind!
    walkonby likes this.

Thread Information