User Tag List

Page 44 of 193 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 144 ... LastLast
Like Tree7764Likes

Thread: First World Problems: post yours!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I have to meet a guy for lunch.

He writes back saying he is on a ZERO carb diet and we have to find a salad place

What part of "I work in Koreatown" don't you understand? Only sushi places. I am THE most accommodating person when it comes to food (I have a lot of allergies myself). But I can't control the non -existent food choices in the area. Guess you're not eating then?
    thriftygranny likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I wore nail polish for too long without a break, now my nails have gone all yellow and gross. Do I cover them up with more nail polish or do I suck up the ugly and let them breathe for awhile. Perhaps a nice pair of gloves are in my future?
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I have to meet a guy for lunch.

He writes back saying he is on a ZERO carb diet and we have to find a salad place

What part of "I work in Koreatown" don't you understand? Only sushi places. I am THE most accommodating person when it comes to food (I have a lot of allergies myself). But I can't control the non -existent food choices in the area. Guess you're not eating then?

Zero carb diet? I hope you are not meeting him as a date lol

Who doesn`t like Sushi! Fool.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Second time I posted on a Buy/sell group on facebook. This woman wants two brand name shirts, BRAND NEW with tags for $10.

Lolol. I honestly give up. Go to the friggen thrift shop if you want a deal.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krysta lynne View Post
    I totally hear this. my son's feet are massive, always have been. he's three and a half and already a size 2. usually walmart is where i go because their boots are usually wide enough both in thickness and width, but are often ugly. got a great deal (imo) on boots for him at the bay a couple weeks ago. all the boots and snowsuits were 40% off regular price. so his $129(?) snowsuit and $75 Cougar boots (look like bogs and match snowsuit to perfection) ended up costing something like $129. basically got boots for free and they aren't ugly! yeah!

i found great deal on nDC running shoes for him off the website because they had extra 50% off clearance. so $80(?) cost me like $17.

deals on nice footwear can be found!! dont lose hope!
    The thing is she has small feet for her age(3-4 in baby sizes depending on where I buy them) and most winter boots that have a hard sole start at a size 5. Walmart was the only place that had size 4's that didn't fall off her feet.
    I love DC I bought a pair of black skate shoes for her back when I was still pregnant for 10.00 bucks and I'm still waiting for her to grow into them(she wears a size 2 crib shoe in DC lol)
    krysta lynne likes this.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    The thing is she has small feet for her age(3-4 in baby sizes depending on where I buy them) and most winter boots that have a hard sole start at a size 5. Walmart was the only place that had size 4's that didn't fall off her feet.
    I love DC I bought a pair of black skate shoes for her back when I was still pregnant for 10.00 bucks and I'm still waiting for her to grow into them(she wears a size 2 crib shoe in DC lol)
    at least they wont go to waste lol some kids outgrow shoes faster than you can blink lol, my nine year old has size five (sometimes womens size 6) feet and skipped from her size three runners up to the ones she wears now. i found her boots at walmart lol nice ones though because they were womens size 6 and the women get better selection than the kids
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Zero carb diet? I hope you are not meeting him as a date lol

Who doesn`t like Sushi! Fool.
    Thank god it's no date (not the type of dude for me, and DH would be pissed LOL).

And if dude is on a no carb diet, does that mean no fruit too? That has carbs right? Plus, no potatoes, no rice, no pasta, no bread, no tortillas?

Sounds like a joyless life
    c_mcarthur and Candini like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

some-one Spoilered Dr Who for me.....
    wolfwoman likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

That zero carb thing sounds like some protein diet that was popular years ago. Yes, fruit has fruit sugar aka carbohydrates. Koreatown would have meat options...and some kind of salads/pickled vegetables.

My rant: parents in libraries that don't mind Junior/Princess on the kids' section computer playing whatever kid's game at annoying volume--nor turn off the racket when youngster is told to leave the game. Given that my branch is like most branches with the open concept, the computer sound effects reach the adults reading by the fireplace. Twice this week, I've turned off the computer after the youngsters have left.
    I feel for grocery staff that have to listen to canned music at work especially if the volume is not set at a background level (soft).
    GoJays and Darth Penguin like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Never being satisfied where I work.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I feel for grocery staff that have to listen to canned music at work especially if the volume is not set at a background level (soft).
    I worked for several years in a grocery store that had piped music...mostly it wasn't tooooo bad except at the 6 weeks prior to Christmas and the week between Christmas and New Year. Then it was a 76 minute looped tape of very bad versions of both religious and secular Christmas songs which were badly edited .It was unpleasant to the exteme.

Last year I was in Zellars and they had 4 different Christmas songs playing at the same time, in different areas of the store, I was listening to

Away in a manger
    Falalalalalala
    The little lord decking the halls
    Rocking around a Christmas Tree
    Singing God rest ye merry falalalalaaaaallllaaa
    an a Partridge in a pear treeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    didn't put me in a holyday mood at all...

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Re: the dude with the funny diet.

I tell the guy "well there's one place that can accomodate your diet, but they're slow and tastes awful"

Him: See you there!

Me *facepalm*
    Last edited by torontogal12; Mon, Nov 25th, 2013 at 11:18 AM.
    nicolthepickle likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Is anyone familiar with tapatalk app? I want to know if there's a way to change what I see when I open the app? 'Picks' (or whatever the category is called) shows old threads that are totally irrelevant. Thanks in advance
    Getting back into trading - see my Trade and Wish Lists (under 'About Me' tab)

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nessa23 View Post
    Is anyone familiar with tapatalk app? I want to know if there's a way to change what I see when I open the app? 'Picks' (or whatever the category is called) shows old threads that are totally irrelevant. Thanks in advance
    You can turn off Picks in the Setting section. Hope this helps!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I totally hear this. my son's feet are massive, always have been. he's three and a half and already a size 2. usually walmart is where i go because their boots are usually wide enough both in thickness and width, but are often ugly. got a great deal (imo) on boots for him at the bay a couple weeks ago. all the boots and snowsuits were 40% off regular price. so his $129(?) snowsuit and $75 Cougar boots (look like bogs and match snowsuit to perfection) ended up costing something like $129. basically got boots for free and they aren't ugly! yeah!

i found great deal on nDC running shoes for him off the website because they had extra 50% off clearance. so $80(?) cost me like $17.

deals on nice footwear can be found!! dont lose hope!
    at least they wont go to waste lol some kids outgrow shoes faster than you can blink lol, my nine year old has size five (sometimes womens size 6) feet and skipped from her size three runners up to the ones she wears now. i found her boots at walmart lol nice ones though because they were womens size 6 and the women get better selection than the kids
    My DS is seven, and is now wearing a men's size eight! I paid $40 for boots this time, cheapest I could find that were decent (normally $80, but it still didn't make me feel much better over spending $40 on a seven year old's boots).

Page 44 of 193 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 144 ... LastLast

Thread Information