User Tag List

Page 1609 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 609 1109 1509 1559 1599 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1619 1659 ... LastLast
Results 24,121 to 24,135 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

aw darn it all Nat! ^^ I feel your knee pain for sure. Hope you can find some topical relief or pain meds to get past the pain. There is nothing good about that early snowfall you guys received, in my eyes anyways.

Who eats pureed soup at 6 a.m? I do!! ha ha With the windows open all night the main floor was gloriously chilled and my desire to eat up the leftover butternut/chicken/beet ( and I forget what else I put in there ) soup kicked in.
    Hope everyone has a great day!! Soon it is turkey time!!
    Natalka, 22hicks and Lynn49 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

morning fam
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!!

Well, JENNY sure surprised me this morning at 7am!!
    I felt her walk so carefully over my feet on top of the quilt, so I moved more to the centre of the bed thinking she just wanted my 'warm' place on the edge of the bed, but then I heard something fall off my night-table and thought, 'what the heck is she doing on there?' and there she was, teetering on the night-table, ready to POOP!!!

I jumped up, grabbed her, put her on the floor, grabbed my housecoat while she stood in the hallway catatonic, and we went down the stairs, and as we were heading to the door I said, "Now, NO barking! Be quiet!" so she ran into the yard, I closed the gate, the door, made coffee, and no woof to come inside...I opened the door and there she was by the gate just sitting there, not a peep. I took her in, got myself washed up, and when I went back down the stairs, she never moved from the carpet in the livingroom...I goT my coffee and she stood up with her tail tucked firmly between her legs, poor critter...I picked her up onto our blankie on my lap and told her she was a good girl and she finally untensed.
    I mean...honestly, she was a good girl...she chose to poop on the night-table and not on the bed! hahaha!!!
    THAT, my friends, was a close call!! I was wide awake in no time!

Okay,,,,just talked to DD on her way to one of her other offices to meet with clients, and now have to drive DH to the airport for his appt at Women's College in Toronto for the results of his cancer biopsies on some spots he had removed on his noggin.

Have a lovely day, everyone!!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Oct 6th, 2016 at 09:29 AM.
    Natalka, ROMEO, 22hicks and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Sounds like you've had an eventful morning @Lynn49 ...Jenny's just super excited for the Jays game tonight, that's all!
    22hicks, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Sounds like you've had an eventful morning @Lynn49 ...Jenny's just super excited for the Jays game tonight, that's all!
    I agree dan, The thought of having to watch our Jays face the Texas Rangers again scared the " you know what " right out of her!!
    22hicks, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well THAT explains it, @danger_dan, @walkonby!! I knew there had to be a reason, since she's never done anything like that before! She also could have had a nightmare about the Rangers and well, you've guessed what her opinion of them are now! What a smart little cookie!

Well, DD's landing in Toronto about now for his appointment and I think what I'll do today is get the stuffing for my cabbage rolls prepared today, for tomorrow, so I'll be one step ahead. I think I can find room in the fridge for it, or I'll haul it over to the kids' house and slip it into their smaller fridge in the rec-room. I have a 3hr pre-op at the hospital tomorrow so it'll be a late start on the cabbage rolls.

Hope all's well with everyone this fine day!!
    @Natalka, so sorry you're in pain...did you have a slip on the snow, or what happened, I must have missed that. I hope you're getting pain relief today. Get well soon, Hon.

Okay! Off to do something productive!!

Toodles, everyone!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Oct 6th, 2016 at 11:26 AM.
    Natalka, 22hicks, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Knee is still icky - Lynn, it wasn't any slip or anything that happened, perhaps just from the tiptoeing thingee one does on snow when you don't know if it's slippery or not, I don't know.
    I keep it bandaged with a tensor on and off, and just using Tylenol - walks, I can't use a topical because there are psoriasis plaques on my knee.

Well, the sun has come out, so all the snow looks very pretty outside - at least that's something!
    22hicks and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I'm sorry to hear about your knee, Nat! That's no way to start the slippy, slidy weather! I am glad, though, that you had a good time with your sister's visit!

The day got away from me. We got calls from DH's Dr. and also from the skin DR' s office. He will have an appointment with the plastic surgeon who will remove the skin cancers on his ear and face on Nov. 2. Don't know whether the procedure will be done that day or not. Then we went to RCSS which is a little out of the way and found lots of things we needed but DH started to feel unwell so we came home and ..... fell asleep. I haven't been sleeping well lately but I caught up a bit this afternoon.
    He's now up watching a Blue Jays game, I believe, so I will join him. Smells like he's cooking those onions he bought, though and I can't stand the smell of onions cooking.

Lynn, I can't believe your story about Jenny! I think she was walking in her sleep!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Thu, Oct 6th, 2016 at 05:35 PM.
    Natalka and 22hicks like this.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hello every1.

What a great day on all fronts - weather was perfect, and the Jays won easily for a change, and wasn't Estrada terrific !!

@Natalka - I'm sorry you're having to deal with such knee pain.
    It sounds like you had a great eve. with your sister though.
    @Lynn49 - that's strange about Jenny. Maybe she did have a bad dream, or ate something she just couldn't control.
    Good luck with your pre-op tomorrow.
    @avoncallingu - sounds like you really needed that rest. I hope it doesn't hurt your sleep tonight.
    @walkonby & @danger_dan - well, did you like that game. Sure was less stressful than they have been lately. Every1 was expecting fireworks, nothing happened. All our runs certainly shut the fans up.
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi, @22hicks ! Hon, I just couldn't watch that game today, I get too involved and upset, but the down-side is that .i miss games like that....good for them, shutting down those Texans! Hah!
    Thanks for your thoughts re my ore-op tomorrow....I'm quite scared about this surgery...I wish they did it under general anesthetic!

A very priductive day doing prep-work for dinner stuff for Saturday and tomorrow, cabbage roll day. Had dinner ready to pop into the oven after I picked him up from the airport...all done, watching the NFL game.

it's been a beautiful fall day; Jenny and I took a break and just grooved outside on our swing for a while, a really perfect weather day!

Have a great evening, everyone!
    Natalka, 22hicks, walkonby and 1 others like this.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

@Lynn49 - the surgery's NOT under general anesthetic ???
    For a complete knee reconstruction, that's unusual.
    Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

no way!! ( I mean about you NOT being put into a very deep sleep for your knee operation @Lynn49 ) That sounds barbaric to me, but then again I once cried on the table minutes before a simple removal of a teensy bunionette ( not even big enough to be called a bunion ) and the nurse came by my side, held my hand and said " would you prefer to be sedated? " oh God yes!! and they did!
    Just start crying Lynn, they'll put you under! ha ha

o.k. some quick Blue Jays talk. My oh my what a wonderful game to watch! The Ranger fans were not waving their obnoxious signs very long were they!?? ( I saw one that said " Bautista, don't mess with Odor " ....on a giant picture of the infamous sucker punch )
    Let's do this again tomorrow with J.A.Happ on the mound!!!
    Good night all.
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Yay, Blue Jays!
    @Lynn49 - wishing you all the best for tomorrow.

For your surgery, if you are getting regional anesthetic, maybe you would still get some sedation, even though it won't be general?

What a busy day you had, too!
    22hicks, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

When is your appointment tomorrow?
    22hicks and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My appointment tomorrow is 11:30, and yup, no general knock-out for that surgery. Apparently I'll be in some sort of twilight zone, not really knowing what's going on and it's supposed to make for a better recovery immediately after the surgery...if under sedation, no pain drugs can be given, so one wakes up in pain, whereas if just under a light sedation, pain meds can be immediately administered.
    He did say I had a choice, so when I meet with the anesthetist I'll have a real good chat with him!
    Tomorrow I'm going to call my SIL here, her Hubby (Dh's brother) had both knees done, so I'm going to need some information, that's for sure!! Same surgeon, too...best in town.

I'm not looking forward to this at all....!!!!

Thread Information