User Tag List

Page 1653 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 653 1153 1553 1603 1643 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1663 ... LastLast
Results 24,781 to 24,795 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone.
    That's really good news @Lynn49 !Name:  Have-A-Tasty-Wednesday.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  43.2 KB
    Natalka, 22hicks, Tweets77 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

For @Lynn49 and other wine lovers

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Nat, great iea for my aunt.

Oh boy my hands feel like they're going to fall off lol. It's so cold right now and that's crazy because it's colder now then when I went out at 5.45am. There was almost no wind at 6am and now it's cold, windy and foggy.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning every1.
    It's suppose to go to 10 today. I'll take it.
    I hope you have a great day.

Name:  Wednesday.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  40.7 KB

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Ok the reason I went out so early was to be first in line at the food bank lol. I go there sometimes and you can go once per month. Being a single person you get 15 points and I like their point system. You get what you want and then stuff isn't wasted. Anyway if you go early you manage to get the milk, eggs, bread etc and there is usaully something good in the freezer. One day it was mccain frozen pizzas for 1 point. Today they had packages of breakfast sandwiches, 5 in a pack for 2 points. I also got 6 cans of tuna, mayo, almond milk, 5 boxes of cereal, apples and a squash lol.
    Last edited by cabmonk; Wed, Nov 30th, 2016 at 02:49 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good evening, everyone!

I seem to have some catching up to do...thank you, everyone for your encouragement; I never thought I'd get so excited about the simple act of lifting my foot off the bed, but I certainly was! I imagine @Redneck Charger is experiencing the same highs and lows of our journey; it's amazing what we take for granted until we lose them.

@Natalka...Honey, I haven't had any wine or spirits since the 3rd week of October!!! Honestly, I think if I had a glass right now I'd pass out......and not because I'm taking meds, I'm just so unaccustomed to the stuff right now. I'll keep off the stuff until Christmas, I think...unless....oh, who knows?! But I'm fine for now.

@cabmonk, nice scores at the foodbank; I'm glad there are good staples there to help you out. We've had 2 can drives so far since October and I usually fill a plastic grocery bag with cans of soups, veggies...kids look at me like..."yay! I'm done!" ...hahaha...

Our tree went up today; I'd forgotten that it changes from coloured to white, to changing colour/white! I prefer the coloured lights, as does our GS. Mis-matched old, new ornaments from over the years...he just loves looking at them all. I've left the village so that he can help me put it up when he sleeps over on Saturday. He'll love that.
    I managed to decorate most of the rest of the house, hurting my leg in the process because I was walking short distances without my walker OR my cane. DUMB, dumb....probably another step backwards. Grrr.

I hope everyone had a lovely day, no snow..(YAY! More rain to come!) and is/or will be getting home safe from work.
    Take good care, everyone!!

,,,well...not the only thing....
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Nov 30th, 2016 at 05:13 PM.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@Lynn49 Yeah I go about every 3 months to the food bank if I need it. I have found some really good things there in the past. Hope you have a good evening.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I have also donated a bit in the past too and they have bags you can buy at the grocery store that gets put in a bin and picked up by the food bank. I think the bags are like $5.00 each.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks!
    Christmas is taking "hold" of all of us - nice, from my point of view. I found a "pencil" tree at Michael's on a "One day only" sale and it is now glistening nicely in our front hall. I had purchased 3 wooden trees last Jan. at Sear's clearance at the Outlet Store in Chatham. - .50 each. Each one had a few wooden ornaments on them - tiny enough to use on this new tree. When I get all of my decor over the next two days from where it's been stashed at friend's and relative's homes. My dad had made me some small wooden Christmas trees long ago. (He was a cabinet-maker/woodshop teacher.) Those will finish off the front hall decorations.

DH starts a new round of chemo tomorrow. Our oncologist is hopeful that he can help DH be more comfortable while we are waiting to see the lasting effects of the radiation treatments. Wish us luck! DH's son will be visiting the weekend after next and his daughter at the end of December. I am trying to make our house as "festive" as I can, as early as I can to stretch out the celebratory feeling.

Cabbie, I am so glad that there are supports for you when you need them.

Lynn - I am so happy that you are making good progress - be careful in "stretching" your limits. Christmas is just around the corner. You want to be "flexible" and strong for all your wonderful family celebrations.

Well, "Advent Calendar" openings start tomorrow. Will you be around to see your grandson open his first "bag"?

Natalka - I had a laugh at your cat's expense! - Sorry - I remember when living in Sudbury they came by and shut off our water WHILE I WAS IN THE SHOWER! Suds on head and all. Good thing that we had some water in the kettle!

Have a good Thursday!
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Avon thanks, yeah my cousin even drops off a bag once in a while because her husband used to work just outside timmins while they lived in sudbury. I don't think that's going to happen much anymore because her husband works in australia now lol. I think he works 9 days on and 9 days off and they fly him home at the end of the 9 days.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good evening, @avoncallingu ....all the very best to your dear DH as he goes through more chemotherapy. I hope and pray with all my heart it brings him much relief.

As for our GS...I forgot to write down what he opens every morning so that I can imagine him receiving them!! Gah!! And no...I won't be there to see him open any...he opens them each morning, and the poor muffin has had the flu all week and neither DH nor I have had our flu shots yet. As for stretching....oh, dear, Avon...I over-did it today by walking without any my walker or cane. Really a dumb move! I'll be feeling it in the morning...probably more than I do now. Just downright stupid, but I really, really wanted to get the decorating done!!!

Have a lovely evening, my Friend...and to everyone: sleep well and sweet dreams!!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Have a good evening Lynn..

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit.

Name:  Unknown.jpeg
Views: 74
Size:  6.8 KB

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Well, the city guys finished with the sewer line in time, around supper yesterday. Glad all the noise, house and floor shaking is over with. Now, just hoping testing comes back clear before the weekend. Some people might take the chance and use the water, but I am very prone to infection and just can't take that chance, so I am using stored water for stuff - and will boil if I need to.

My poor little baby boy (yes, I know he's 25!) got hurt at work yesterday - got his hand hurt in a tire machine. Had an x-ray so no fracture shows, but he said it's terribly swollen, hurts a lot - and he said he 'almost' cried. He'll be on modified duty at work for a week.
    His hand got caught between the lower thumb joint and wrist - the pic he sent me looks awful, it's huge. Husband saw him in person before supper last night, said he was okay though.
    Ya know, I didn't know how much mechanics get hurt - and Milan's not a clumsy guy - he's always got nicks and cuts, pokes and scratches - I guess it's the nature of the job.

Hope everyone has a wonderful start to the month!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hope everyone has a really good Thursday!Name:  th (1).jpg
Views: 72
Size:  14.9 KB

Thread Information