User Tag List

Page 1682 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 682 1182 1582 1632 1672 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 ... LastLast
Results 25,216 to 25,230 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

yes, I too looked up photos of that sinkhole on the computer just to see what the size of it was. It could have done nasty damage to a vehicle, but not swallow one up at least. I'll bet many locals were checking it out just the same.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!!

DH's friend and her family arriving from the Sault today and DD asked me if I had any 'beads' to give to her friend's 10 yr ol niece....whoooo boy!! I just pulled it all together and she could start her own business!!! I gave her just about everything I had...I hope they have room in their van to bring it all home! She also could use some yarn, so I packed up 3 large freezer bags stuffed with odds and sods of yarns as well as full balls of fuzzy yarns!! She crochets, so those full balls could be made into some nice fluffy scarves or hats. My eyes don't permit me to bead much anymore, so all I kept were my crystal beads and findings in case something needs repairing. It's going to feel like Christmas again for her....they can't afford those things for her, so I know this will be very special for her.
    @walkonby .......really? Janet Leigh?? hahaha....well personally I don't think even she felt as pleased with herself stepping into that shower as I did. Thank goodness mine had a happier ending.
    @Natalka , jeepers, what you go through; I hope you're having a better day today after a good sleep last night, Hon...
    @22hicks ...is your friend out of the hospital by now? I hope he's feeling much better...and finally...you get to relax!! Right?? I hope?
    @dededi ....see? Even Avon mentioned how much she enjoys your cute little morning posts...told you so!! They always make me smile...
    @Newfiescreech ...I picture you like this after your trip, then Christmas...you really need time to decompress, Sweetie!

Take care, everyone and have a greeeaaaat day!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@avoncallingu , @walkonby ...this is for us, Ladies!!

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Just back from errands & a trip to the blood lab. Then downtown on friday for chemo.

Hope you are all hanging in there.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi everyone!

Well, I was able to have a few doses of sleep over the past day - pretty rough, though.
    I am just so very lucky to have my husband home this week, he massages me when I need it, and when he's able to.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Good morning, everyone!!

DH's friend and her family arriving from the Sault today and DD asked me if I had any 'beads' to give to her friend's 10 yr ol niece....whoooo boy!! I just pulled it all together and she could start her own business!!! I gave her just about everything I had...I hope they have room in their van to bring it all home! She also could use some yarn, so I packed up 3 large freezer bags stuffed with odds and sods of yarns as well as full balls of fuzzy yarns!! She crochets, so those full balls could be made into some nice fluffy scarves or hats. My eyes don't permit me to bead much anymore, so all I kept were my crystal beads and findings in case something needs repairing. It's going to feel like Christmas again for her....they can't afford those things for her, so I know this will be very special for her.
    @walkonby.......really? Janet Leigh?? hahaha....well personally I don't think even she felt as pleased with herself stepping into that shower as I did. Thank goodness mine had a happier ending.
    @Natalka, jeepers, what you go through; I hope you're having a better day today after a good sleep last night, Hon...
    @22hicks...is your friend out of the hospital by now? I hope he's feeling much better...and finally...you get to relax!! Right?? I hope?
    @dededi....see? Even Avon mentioned how much she enjoys your cute little morning posts...told you so!! They always make me smile...
    @Newfiescreech...I picture you like this after your trip, then Christmas...you really need time to decompress, Sweetie!

Take care, everyone and have a greeeaaaat day!!
    Lynn .. you sure picked right pic .. I feel like that cat last week .. can't seem fine time relax anymore always something coming up that I have attend too .. hopefully this weekend ..after our New Years Dance is over with .. helping fire department organized things ..maybe I'll get one day rest .. lol .. that's if I'm lucky .. hope everything is going good with you .. have wonderful evening and Take extra care yourself sweetie
    22hicks, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Hell of a day so far - maybe slept an hour, keep trying but the pain gets too bad after I am in bed for an hour or so
    Pretty much feel like a walking zombie...

Have a great day, all!

Hope your feeling a lot better soon Natalka.. sending my thoughts and prayers sweetie .. Take good care yourself.. merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

@Lynn49, that was so very nice of you to collect all the beads, yarn, etc. A special surprise for them.

Yes, my friend's is out of the hospital, and has been staying here for the past week. He is certainly better than he was, but still has a long way to go.
    Funny, I'm so use to living alone now, that having an extra person around, is so different: more grocery shopping, cooking, dishes, laundry, and the worst is trying to be quiet all the time while he's sleeping. But, it's nice to have some company, even if it's only for awhile.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Sorry I haven't been around the last few days. Christmas was kinda blah. Went to my cousins christmas eve for get together and was told they weren't doing christmas dinner until tuesday but monday was their usual boxing day ball hockey etc. Then monday it's cancelled because of freezing rain. Tuesday I get a text saying go home after work and shower and they will pick me up for christmas dinner and save a plate for me. At 7.40pm right as I'm about to text them that I was changed and ready to go they text me and say hey evenings over but we'll make sure to pack up food to bring you wednesday. Today no word on that food at all lol. and all my family that came up from sudbury go home thurs morning and I never had a chance to see them. and apparently my little cousins haven't opened the gifts from me yet because they were waiting until they gave me their gift to me. Oh well these things happen. Hope everyone's christmas was better lol.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day!

Son's health update - he had an ultrasound Tuesday and got the results yesterday. The hernia isn't at an emergency stage, so he can go back to work (they had already been calling him to come in, place was busy), and he will be waiting for an appointment to see a surgeon.

Luckily (?) the ultrasound also showed another condition - he has a fatty liver. He said the doc spent some time explaining to him some nutrition and lifestyle choices he will need to be making. If any of you have any info on this condition (other than google!), please PM me.

Sigh! I felt badly enough he had to deal with his first health problem, and now there are two...

Hope you all have a lovely day!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone.Name:  155841-Happy-Thursday.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  51.9 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!!
    @cabmonk ....jeepers creepers, what a "Christmas" you had..or..didn't have! But you at least got to see everyone Christmas eve, right? Well, Honey...let's shake off 2016 and look forward to a better year ahead! That year of the monkey ... ugh ... I really dislike monkeys, and now more than ever!! A rooster year should be more productive and at least better looking! Have a wonderful new year, Cabbie!
    @Natalka : don't things just seem to happen for a reason, though?! His non-emergency hernia leading to that discovery of his fatty liver could be life-saving news he'd otherwise not even know about. I gather there aren't any symptoms for that condition? Looks like a life-style change is in order, but I'm just guessing here; wish I could be more help, but I wish you all the best in helping him in the new year.
    @Newfiescreech ...Girl, you just don't know the meaning of the word: stop!, do you? Enjoy your New Year's Eve party and please don't plan on doing anything strenuous or stressful...at least on January 1st!!
    @22hicks ...honestly wrt those beads and findings, I was sorting through the plastic shoe boxes, divided boxes of tiny beads, and then stopped and realized, "WHY the heck am I keeping any of this?!!" So I just pulled everything together and sent it off with DH to our DD's home for them to bring back to the Sault for her friend's niece. Honestly, she has enough stuff to start her own business!! I'm so happy to have been able to give it to someone I've met (she visited our DD with her friend's family last summer at camp) who otherwise didn't have any resources to buy anything at all!! I mean...she had one ball of yarn!!! I'm so happy!!!!
    Oh, it must be quite the change having someone else in your home again, and as you say, more cooking in particular. But it sounds like he's good company and he's so fortunate to have you care for him through his recovery.

A nothing day around here today...we get that 14-week old lab puppy tomorrow until Sunday...DD's friend and her whole family are here for a family wedding on Christmas Eve, so we have the pup!! So excited!! Then tomorrow we have our GS and his friend from the Sault over-night so that our DD and another couple can go to a stag & doe new year's eve! Busy times...I know we'll be collapsing in front of the NFL games on Sunday!!

Have a lovely Thursday, everyone!! Stay well, stay safe!!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@Lynn49 yeah christmas eve was ok. Maybe 12 people there total. But not most of my family from sudbury who only came to town tuesday morning and went home early today. My cousin texted me today to say his kids still have not opened their gifts from me and they still have something for me. They will set a date in a little while for a get together with him, his wife and kids, my aunt and my cousins in law's and myself to make up for all the missed connections let's call it.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hi every1. What a day, about 4" of snow; it melted; now, it's just a sheet of ice.
    Busy day for me. I spent the day @ Sunnybrook. My friend was being seen by the brain injury team. Tons of tests, but I'm finally home.

Name:  Unknown.jpeg
Views: 112
Size:  9.7 KB

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

@cabmonk, that's so very disappointing. Such a shame. It does happen, but it sure doesn't make you feel any better. I'm sure they'll have a get together before long, @ least I hope so.

Thread Information