User Tag List

Page 1203 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 203 703 1103 1153 1193 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1213 1253 1303 ... LastLast
Results 18,031 to 18,045 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hi Lynn; a professional house sitter. LOL

Yeah, it was an incredible storm, and it lasted about 8 hours, non-stop !!!
    But, the sun's out now.

Leaving shortly. Going to get my mop cut.
    Then, I'm taking some old 8mm films I found to Henry's. They'll transfer time to a DVD.
    It'll be interesting to see these old family movies.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Morning all,

We had some rain but not as bad as Toronto I guess...and were only about 15km out of Toronto haha
    Very humid here today, blah love the heat, hate the humidity!

Have a lunch date with an old friend who I used to work with, something to look forward too!
    Natalka, ROMEO, 22hicks and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi, back from house-sitting; I didn't accept a single piece of their new bedroom furniture!! Not one! Take it all back~!
    Each one had a little ding, a tiny crack in the mirror (all pieces are silver painted, surrounded by marbled mirrors...gorgeous, like some hollywood home)...so I'm not sure DD will re-order a new set or go with something else. Such a disappointment...

Now off to lunch with Hubby and DD!!!

Toodles!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

some nerve they had bringing damaged furniture out for delivery Lynn. Maybe they figured the homeowner would not notice?
    Good thing you were there.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Hi, back from house-sitting; I didn't accept a single piece of their new bedroom furniture!! Not one! Take it all back~!
    Each one had a little ding, a tiny crack in the mirror (all pieces are silver painted, surrounded by marbled mirrors...gorgeous, like some hollywood home)...so I'm not sure DD will re-order a new set or go with something else. Such a disappointment...

Now off to lunch with Hubby and DD!!!

Toodles!!
    Good thing you were there! I know you would have been VERY PARTICULAR and it looks like your "eagle eye" was needed!
    ROMEO, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I hit the basement about midnight when we got the "Tornado Watch" and "Severe Thunderstorm Warning" - DH had gone to be because he had to be up early to get to London for his regular Bone Scans - Well, I was worried about DH being upstairs - but dogs were NEEDING to be in the basement. I finally got to sleep after the 3:00 am MAJOR storm went through. I swear that picture of the lightning hitting the CNtower was exactly what OUR house must have looked like! Ka- BAM! I finally got to sleep until DH got up and then moved upstairs to our regular bed with dogs and slept until .....11:30.
    But I got most of my final flower box planted and cleaned up a bit of the backyard garden before my back told me to STOP!
    So I'm off to have a shower before dh gets back from his trek. Unfortunately, the 401 has been closed just outside Chatham due to a tractor roll over. DH does not listen to local radio so he won't know about it. He'll wind up on a Detour. And our cell phone is nicely tucked in my purse.
    So see ya!
    ROMEO, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, Avon, I'm just watching that news feed from the 401, completely blocked, everyone taken to safety...transport collision with a double-decker bus!

Then there's the news about the death of Sina Parsi in W. Toronto after midnight.....the couple have been arrested. Geez, what can lead to something like that?! Parsi was walking to their apt willingly just after midnight....his wife just said what a good man he was....my question...so why was he with those two troublemakers after midnight?! I always told the kids, "nothing good ever happens after midnight"...not that they always heard me....

Avon, all the furniture arrived really well boxed, but because of the weight they in boxed them in the street, so I went to take a peek...good thing I did! Yes, some dings needed an eagle-eye, but for what they paid for those pieces, they have to be in immaculate condition.....Lunch with DH and our DD was so relaxing...3 Caesars later, lol...DD picked up the tab, so even more fun! I need a nap...

So thankfully none of you southerners had flooded basements? What a mess some people were left with....stay safe, everyone!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Jun 23rd, 2015 at 04:56 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    some nerve they had bringing damaged furniture out for delivery Lynn. Maybe they figured the homeowner would not notice?
    Good thing you were there.
    This is the set, Walks,,,so much could go wrong with it, with all those mirrored pieces...and it sure did! So disappointing...
    https://www.leons.ca/product/package...685340/1647685

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

the pieces were lovely to look at, Regal is the description. I wonder why there is so much corner cutting going on these days. Anything to save a buck, like not properly packaging to protect merchandise for delivery?? I suppose that set goes to a sale warehouse now and gets marked down? The store lost a sale there.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

*pokes head in* Good evening all.
    Natalka, ROMEO, 22hicks and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    the pieces were lovely to look at, Regal is the description. I wonder why there is so much corner cutting going on these days. Anything to save a buck, like not properly packaging to protect merchandise for delivery?? I suppose that set goes to a sale warehouse now and gets marked down? The store lost a sale there.
    It's going on the floor on clearance, according to the delivery guys, who were very nice, btw...so if anyone in the area is in the market for a mark-down........ The pieces were SO heavy, thank goodness they didn't have to carry them upstairs then down again after we saw the damage.....really, just the tiniest things were dinged, but......it's not new if it's dinged, right?

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Name:  stock-photo-32815352-pouring-a-morning-coffee.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  58.8 KB

have a great day, everyone!
    Natalka, ROMEO, 22hicks and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good Morning gang
    Natalka, ROMEO, 22hicks and 4 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wow. This is early. I don't usually hear my DH heading out to golf, but something must have done that this morning. I wonder if it's going to be a nice day; I think I'll take the car this afternoon and do some poking around "up the hill" (Avon, lol, now you know where that is! ) in my favourite stores. Tomorrow...gah...I won't be in any shape to do that...

Time for a cuppa coffee or two...you all have a fantastic, stress-free day!!!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Had serious computer troubles yesterday - everything was slow, from switching pages, to searching, and sometimes even typing. Nothing I did was helping, no viruses... so was stumped after trying all my usual stuff.

However, this morning the power went out for a half hour - from 4:15 (no storm or explanation), and since then things have been working normal - so I just don't know if it's a coincidence or not. Maybe it's because the computer was off for a half hour - whereas yesterday when I would shut it down, I didn't leave it long.
    Hopefully, it stays as it is! We have a very old puter, and it's holding on by its last legs...

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Thread Information