User Tag List

Page 1608 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 608 1108 1508 1558 1598 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1618 1658 ... LastLast
Results 24,106 to 24,120 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

tee hee, double post
    Last edited by walkonby; Wed, Oct 5th, 2016 at 12:46 PM.
    22hicks likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

morning all! Oh Natalka, you mentioned snow was coming....you were right. Hope that it all melts away quickly, as you said just not right when it falls before Halloween. @danger_dan ....I am hoping our players ignore all the possible taunting that may occur coming from the Rangers dugout and just clean their Texas clocks the best way, with many runs and awesome defense!! That would hurt way more than a silly punch to the face.
    22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hi every1, and yes I'm HIGH. I'm sure glad I have a day to recuperate.
    What a night. Didn't make the last Go Train home, so stayed downtown for the night. I got home this afternoon, just before 1.

THEY WON, THEY WON.

Name:  clapping.jpeg
Views: 96
Size:  10.4 KB

Thank you Edwin. My hero.

Name:  parrot.jpeg
Views: 115
Size:  7.8 KB
    Last edited by 22hicks; Wed, Oct 5th, 2016 at 02:35 PM.
    Natalka, ROMEO, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

hicks, I'm so glad you had a great time, and what a great win.

Well, this snow is not just a skiff - there's a lot and there's more coming. It's real winter out there, and it's apparently going to stick around til mid-next week.
    22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Nat, that's just awful !!!!! I'm sorry, but you couldn't pay me to live out west. It's bad enough here in the winter. I would really like to live in Florida for 6 months. The only thing they have to worry about is hurricanes.

I have a few P.M.'s to answer, but I really don't have time now. I have about 2 1/2 hours to shower, eat dinner, and walk Jake before I leave for my book club. I'd like a few minutes to skim the book again. We'll see.
    This month we read "I Am Malala".

So, I hope every1 has a good evening. Nat, keep warm.
    Natalka, ROMEO, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    Nat, that's just awful !!!!! I'm sorry, but you couldn't pay me to live out west. It's bad enough here in the winter. I would really like to live in Florida for 6 months. The only thing they have to worry about is hurricanes.

I have a few P.M.'s to answer, but I really don't have time now. I have about 2 1/2 hours to shower, eat dinner, and walk Jake before I leave for my book club. I'd like a few minutes to skim the book again. We'll see.
    This month we read "I Am Malala".

So, I hope every1 has a good evening. Nat, keep warm.
    Hicks, we may not agree about halloween, but we sure do agree about winter!! We used to go down to Florida for the month of February which is the most disagreeable month of the year, return home the first week of March and yes, there was still some snow on the ground, but it was beginning to die and I can handle a month of dying snow, but not a month of full-blown winter! January is quite enough. December is Christmas so I don't notice the snow too much at all.
    Last year we had no snow until AFTER Christmas so that was the best winter of all. It did drag along, though...

Natalka, is it accumulating? Oh, heavens, I'd be hiding between the mattresses! Are all the crops in by now? How is this affecting the farmers? I hope it's gone by the morning, Nat.

Well, good news from our doc this morning, nothing wrong with my circulation in my hips, legs, etc, so onward with the surgery in 3 weeks!

After that visit, since it's a (sorry Natalka) sunny 21 C outside, I took the van and scoped out Michaels for wool to use to knit our Grandson a couple of pairs of mittens which he loves, and a toque which he'll have to place an order for.. Last year it was one of those earflap things with the long hanging braided things at the sides that every one and their cats were wearing. I'm trying to get my stuff together because I'll go nuts just sitting around again with after surgery.

Enjoy the day, everyone!!
    Natalka, 22hicks, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hey it's great you guys still have wonderful weather!

No, the snow won't be going away, they say by next week we'll be at above average temps. Now we are breaking records both with the snowfall and being so much colder than usual for this time of year.
    Farmers def not happy - first they had to wait til the rains of several weeks ago and last week to have eased, and now this.
    Crops are only at about 70% combined.

Power was out in lots of areas of the city this morning, luckily we were spared.
    Son works in the far north end, and his power was out; husband just came home and said it was out at his too.

Well, I'm going to have to find my boots, because we are going out for supper.
    22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post

Well, good news from our doc this morning, nothing wrong with my circulation in my hips, legs, etc, so onward with the surgery in 3 weeks!
    That's VERY good news @Lynn49 .
    Lynn49, cabmonk and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Congrats to the jays. My stupid net went down just before 8pm last night. Of course just as an online awards show was starting that I wanted to watch. It finally has been a least a little steady for the last 5 mins. Because even a few mins ago it still wasn't working. That's the problem relying on landlord's WiFi which goes down way too often since I'm so far from his router. So I canceled a part of my big order to get my own net setup Friday.
    Last edited by cabmonk; Wed, Oct 5th, 2016 at 08:37 PM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Lynn, so glad all the "systems" are go! Look out Michael's! A yarn-seeking woman is on the way!

Nat- your news about the weather has really motivated me to get moving on finding appropriate winter footwear. My own personal "snow tires." - for my body! No luck yet. Can't BELIEVE how expensive boots are. Just for slip-on booties . -$60 - some as high as $145!! I don't have the time or energy to run all over town looking.

It was up near 25 degrees today - but Lynn told us all that southern Ontario was going to get snow in October- so I want to be prepared!

We contacted a potential cleaning person today! Yahooly! I hear she's "particular" which we definitely need to please DH.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    That's VERY good news @Lynn49.
    Thank you, @22hicks ...it was a scary prospect if there was anything wrong in the cardiac or iliac arteries, big problems so we all breathed a sigh of relief. 3 weeks to surgery....it's getting very real!

Have a lovely MORE relaxing night than you had last night, Hicks...do you have a deep sexy voice today from all the yelling you must have done at the game? I had one the day after the wedding, trying to talk over the DJ...I felt very Lauren Bacall ...

Have a lovely evening, and sweet dreams, my dear Friend!
    Natalka, 22hicks, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Lynn, so glad all the "systems" are go! Look out Michael's! A yarn-seeking woman is on the way!

Nat- your news about the weather has really motivated me to get moving on finding appropriate winter footwear. My own personal "snow tires." - for my body! No luck yet. Can't BELIEVE how expensive boots are. Just for slip-on booties . -$60 - some as high as $145!! I don't have the time or energy to run all over town looking.

It was up near 25 degrees today - but Lynn told us all that southern Ontario was going to get snow in October- so I want to be prepared!

We contacted a potential cleaning person today! Yahooly! I hear she's "particular" which we definitely need to please DH.
    Hey, Sis!!
    Ugh...nothing worse than shopping for boots...nothing cute about them when one can't wear stiletto knee-high boots! We no longer wear them to attract attention, but more to not attract attention to the very serviceable ones we have to wear...we just want warm, dry feet out there!! For the past few years all I've worn are black, heavy very good quality sneakers. I mean...I get into a warm car from a warm house, get dropped off at the doors of the mall or wherever I'm going, into somewhere warm! Since I haven't been walking outside in the snow, heaven forbid the past 2 years, I really haven't needed boots. I have a pair downstairs but meh... they're not as fun to wear. DD loves her UGGS and wants me to get a pair...they do have cute ones!!! I love the ones with the 3 ribbon bows in the back...I think I can rock them!

So no snow there yet, huh? Maybe I meant Saskatchewan. We'll see; for now, aren't we having glorious fall weather?

As for Michaels, omgoodness, the Christmas stuff! I felt like I was in a candy store! I just want more!! I found the yarn I decided I wanted to use, but I also needed round cookie cutters, so I didn't buy the yarn this time, I used the 50% coupon on those. 50%!!! Run, Girlie! There are gorgeous Christmas things in there!!!

Everyone, have a lovely evening and sweet dreams, too!!
    22hicks and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I don't know about sexy @Lynn49 , but certainly raspy.
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn, great you had good test results!

About boots, I posted these in another thread for those looking for warm and cuddly, wide and comfy boots. I've had one pair of these for three years, and last year I bought a spare pair to put away 'just in case'.
    Note ease of shopping online with them, they come quickly and they handle duties. I usually wear a 10 but ordered 11 because I wanted lots of space. The lining is so cuddly I usually go barefoot inside them.

https://www.ae.com/women-aeo-soft-bu...tId=cat6750003

Prior to these, I had other 'fake Uggs' that I got at Winners - gee, I absolutely loved them, the brand name was EMU.

Well, just got back from supper and having a great visit with my eldest sister and BIL. It was SO wonderful to see them, sad to say that it has been five years.
    He's not doing really great (heart and other probs - he's 70), but is still full of good humour. My sister is a rock, as usual - so amazing.

It wasn't any fun going out in the snow and cold, especially walking through all the slush - and I hurt my knee, so now that I'm at home, I'm bandaged up, hoping the swelling goes down before bedtime.
    22hicks, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

A few hours of sleep did not help my knee - it was so very uncomfortable to stay in bed, it hurt so much. So I shall be very careful today with it.

22hicks and Lynn49 like this.

Thread Information