User Tag List

Page 1669 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 669 1169 1569 1619 1659 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1679 ... LastLast
Results 25,021 to 25,035 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks!
    I had to run over to the ER yesterday- seems I have developed an ear infection. I had to go to 3 pharmacies to find the ear-drops that the Dr. Prescribed. My glands feel like golf balls! He said it's probably viral but gave me a prescription for antibiotics if it doesn't start to clear up in a few days. The cold is formidable but nothing like out west right now.

Lynn, I am pretending I am a doxie- still under the covers with the sheets almost over my head. I have slept in the spare room for the last 2 nights. Don't want to pass this on .

My friend in Cambridge says that walking Sadie is like walking a bunny rabbit. When she comes to a spot where the snow is too deep, she just hops forward until she can walk again.

Well DH has to go over to the hospital to have some blood work done before a Dr. appointment on Monday. Some friends are going with him as I have my own appointment in Blenheim on Monday, as well.

Have a cosy day, folks!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone....

Sad news for our DD's best friend...she took her Dad to emerg yesterday because he thought he was passing a kidney stone..nope 3 areas of Stage 4 cancer, months to live. So our DD is driving to the Sault this morning to be with her, do her cooking and cleaning and just being by her side. This lovely girl and her DH and kids have visited here often and they're just the sweetest family. The were actually supposed to visit here on the 27th for a couple of days, but now......she'll be home with her family. I hope the roads there are clear and that we're not expecting snow...no matter how old our kids are, we worry about them as if they were crossing the road for the first time as kids!!! Such sad news.
    She promised our GS that they were to spend the whole weekend together, so she apologized when she told him the news and he started crying and said, "Just like Uncle Larry..." (my brother who passed away in July)...poor wee tot. He's going to miss him this year, too....he, our SIL and their DD always came up from Cobourg after Christmas for another Christmas day.

Other than that, the cold snap seems to be lingering, so I won't be venturing anywhere today.

Everyone....keep your eyes on the ground if you're walking, on the road if you're driving and stay warm and safe!!

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Morning all.

@walkonby, a shame about the awning.

@avoncallingu, I'm sorry you're sick, but I guess it's not surprising with all you have going on there.
    Take care love, and get well soon.

@Lynn49, I'm so sorry to hear of your DD's BF. That's so hard, and so sad, but nice of her to spend time with friend.

Name:  5b0adad5e9fe8449cfad50b266a3cc85.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  14.7 KB
    Last edited by 22hicks; Fri, Dec 16th, 2016 at 09:40 AM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Well my plans fell apart completely yesterday. The friend that was coming this morning lost her MIL on Wed. eve., so of course is spending time with her family. Her DH is just heartbroken, esp. since he lost his DB a couple of months ago.

As for my dinner last night, that didn't happen either. My friend was in a car accident on the way here. He was unconscious and taken to hospital. They admitted him with a concussion. So, I spent the evening at the hospital with him. It was hard to hear him rambling, repeating himself, etc. If they discharged him, I think he may need someone to watch over him, so I guess I'm elected. It's awful at our age when you're alone, and no family to help out.

We got about 8 more inches of snow yesterday. In the afternoon, I shovelled - a lot of good that did. There's just as much out there today, but I'm way too sore to shovel. And, oh boy, we're suppose to get another 6" tonight.

I think I may have mentioned this before, I hate winter.
    Last edited by 22hicks; Fri, Dec 16th, 2016 at 09:57 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, @22hicks , I'm so sorry about your Friends...losing a loved one is tragic, but this time of year makes it even more so...we're programmed for this 'jolly' season, the festivities, visits from friends, so when something like this happens now, the hurt is just intensified. I hope your Friend recuperates from his unfortunate accident quickly; I can't begin to imagine being alone when something like this strikes; all the best to both of you as you go on this journey together. He's so fortunate to have you near.
    @avoncallingu , like Hicks mentioned, not surprised you're down with something; you've been running yourself ragged caring for your DH and yes, it's what we do for our loved ones, and we do it without a thought to ourselves, but it's a fact that it does wear us down. How awful that you had to make to many stops to find the proper medication...was there an epidemic of ear infections going around?? I hope you're over it soon, Sweetie....

What awful weather just before Christmas, causing so many problems with driving, walking, clearing snow...our DD just called from the highway, to tell her worrying Mom that the roads are clear...I said that I was happy that she's driving at a snail's pace, and she said she's "driving according to road conditions".....kids!!!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning fam.
    Busy day. Have a great weekend everyone!
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

So sorry to hear of the illnesses, the passing, and just other crappy stuff from any of you. Hoping for healing and peace.

I was up all night - my back is hurt, like the big muscle that runs down just off the right side of the middle of the back from above the shoulder blade to the waist - don't know how else to describe it.
    Lying in bed is a challenge - one would normally compensate by sleeping on the left side, but I am just getting over a bout of sciatica and that hurts like a bugger after a few minutes. On back, nope. So I have to kinda do it on the right side, but not where the owie is. Very tricky, and lots of pain. So I am dosing up on Robax alternating with Tylenol - and was able to sleep for an hour twice late this morning.
    Hoping for another hour at least this aft.

So, ick. There's not sleeping because of my usual insomnia, but this is different. I did a lot of crying this morning... Oh, woe is me!

And it's still way too cold out there - BUT the sun is out!

Take care, everyone

Last edited by Natalka; Fri, Dec 16th, 2016 at 01:45 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    So sorry to hear of the illnesses, the passing, and just other crappy stuff from any of you. Hoping for healing and peace.

I was up all night - my back is hurt, like the big muscle that runs down just off the right side of the middle of the back from above the shoulder blade to the waist - don't know how else to describe it.
    Lying in bed is a challenge - one would normally compensate by sleeping on the left side, but I am just getting over a bout of sciatica and that hurts like a bugger after a few minutes. On back, nope. So I have to kinda do it on the right side, but not where the owie is. Very tricky, and lots of pain. So I am dosing up on Robax alternating with Tylenol - and was able to sleep for an hour twice late this morning.
    Hoping for another hour at least this aft.

So, ick. There's not sleeping because of my usual insomnia, but this is different. I did a lot of crying this morning... Oh, woe is me!

And it's still way too cold out there - BUT the sun is out!

Take care, everyone
    Natalka, I'm so sorry for your ouchies; I can identify with pinches, strains, pains and whatever else our bodies put us through!
    Last summer, I mentioned on here that I had bursitis in both my hips, so terrible, that I could only do about 20 steps before I had to stop and let the burning sensation die down for another 20 or so steps. It made the trek between our DD's trailer and ours very difficult! I did lots of snooping around on here and started reading glowing reports about Tumeric and how helpful it is for pain. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? So I purchased some on line (after MUCH research about what kind EXACTLY I needed...it HAD to contain Bioprene, a black pepper extract to get full absorption of the tumeric!). EEEKkkk! DH just brought a box of Ferrero Roches for me...the coconut ones will disappear immediately!!

Back on topic. They arrived, 1300mg each, two per day, and I started taking them. Was it my imagination that I wasn't uncomfortable in bed during the night? Usually I wake many times and have to switch from side to side because of the burning bursitis. Then I went shopping (this was prior to my surgery), and while driving home, I realized that I didn't stop shopping because my hips were enflamed, I was just finished shopping!!! Coincidence, I thought. So I neglected taking them for a few days, and oh, boy!!! Back to flipping around in bed like a sea otter! Back to burning pain!!
    @Natalka , I will never, ever give up my Tumeric/Bioprene pills EVER! I was shopping with DH the other day and said, "I'm done." and he said, "Your hip?" and I said no!, my knee!! He's so accustomed to me being in pain due to the bursitis in my hips, which I do NOT have anymore! Unless I stop taking those pills! Now my physiotherapist at the hospital swears by them and I'm hoping they work for another gal on here who's trying them!!

If you'd like to try them, I'll give you the name/place of the kind I buy (it's on Amazon.ca), because they have everything in the proper amounts to give me the relief we need.

I hope you try them...any relief of pain, taking the edge off would be great, right?

Anyway....whatever you decide to do, I hope your pain subsides, Hon.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I'll look into it, Lynn - thanks for all the info.

I was feeling more mobile, so I steamed a cabbage for leaves for holubtsi for Christmas Eve, and washed some dishes.
    Now, it's time to try sleep a bit, I think - at least be in bed for a while.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

thought I'd venture in here again to see what's up. Oh my, this is not the best finish to 2016 it seems.... @22hicks your plans ( dinner and other ) came to a rather scary/sad and unexpected halt. Hope your DF who was in the car accident heals up o.k. and your other friend who lost her MIL, my deepest sympathies to the family.
    We lost our Dad on Dec 23rd, ( seems like a million years ago now, I was just 20 ) so I know this month carries the biggest challenge when loved ones pass. You almost feel guilty years later celebrating the Holidays without them.

The roads were treacherous yesterday, DH and DS trip into work took them 4 ( yup! four ) hours. Who can imagine even wanting to work after that drive? It helps that they were not the only employees who showed up late to punch in, but truth be told, we are just so glad everyone arrived safely.

Our street was not even cleared until today! Not impressed, but was able to get out early this morning for some grocery items and remembered to snag a Home Hardware $25.00 GC and Caddle just approved the $5.00 rebate on it.

Everyone stay safe and warm.....that is an order!

oops! forgot to mention that we also started to take the Tumeric with Bioperene supplements
    ( that @Lynn49 spoke about above ) about 3 weeks ago, so far so good. Mine was for arthritic pain in knees, ankles, wrists....well everywhere really, but since starting I ( knock on wood ) have not had a flare up??
    Go figure.
    Last edited by walkonby; Fri, Dec 16th, 2016 at 06:20 PM. Reason: added info

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@walkonby , I'm SO, SO thrilled that you haven't had any arthritic flare-ups since taking that particular Tumeric!! With the unsettled weather you all have had down there, you'd likely have felt those flare-ups, that's for sure!! Continued good luck, and if you ever feel they're not working, just stop taking them...hahaha...THEN you'll realize how much they're helping.
    SO happy for you!!!

We didn't have the snow you all had down south, thank goodness; I can't imagine Christmas shopping in that mess...I hope everyone stays safe.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Thank you Cabbie. I over-did it yesterday so today is just attending our GS's Christmas Concert at school, so nothing to rigorous. I can only sit long enough to get through his Gr 3 performance; those chairs just aren't comfy. Besides, there's standing-room only for parents and there's always a couple who appreciates us leaving. But boy do they do it up big at that school! It really is an adventure and pleasure attending and our GS is so happy to have his 2 sets of Grandparents there. Mom and Dad attend the 7pm performance.

@22hicks, moss sure doesn't stand a chance with you, does it? You just never stop moving! I imagine everything will quiet down for everyone after the busy season; we could all use the rest!

@avoncallingu...omg...your poor Friend! How kind and thoughtful they've been to you and your DH in the past couple of weeks, I just can't believe she fell and broke her hip!! How awful! She's in for a long recovery, poor muffin....and it's particularly sad at this time of year. I hope she's resting comfortably at home, and I know her DH will take good care of her, too.

@Newfiescreech...Cuba??!!! That's where I want to go with 'the kids', but whereas they and my DH would rather linger on a resort and 'rest', I want to stay right in Havana and immerse myself in the culture, the food, everything!! I hope one day to be well enough so that we can travel again. I'm so jealous of everyone in NYC right now; I want to do back there so badly!!!

Everyone, have a wonderful day!! It's frigid out there today, and if it wasn't for our GS's concert I sure wouldn't be venturing out! But that school does it up so beautifully, it's actually a real pleasure to attend!

STAY SAFE, everyone!!

Hi Lynn ... i went to Havana few years ago .. it was awesome there .. this time I decided go different part of Cuba so I went to Cayo Coco and it was awesome there too.. beach and ocean is my main things I enjoy while on vacation. I'm sure give you few more months and you'll be good again and ready to vacation with your family .. Take good care of yourself Lynn and have a wonderful evening
    22hicks, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

My darn internet keeps shutting down. I hope I can finish the post this time.

@Natalka, I'm so sorry you're in so much pain. It wouldn't hurt to give @Lynn49 's idea a try. It couldn't hurt, and it just may help. What have you got to lose. I hope you feel better soon.

@walkonby, 4 hours to get to work. Good riddance to the 'good' old days.

I'll tell you, ice packs, my back brace & I have become really close the last few days. I've shovelled 3 times so far. Each dumping was 6 - 8" and there's another 6" coming tonight, and it's just started, and tomorrow we'll get freezing rain too.

Maybe I've said this before, but I HATE winter

Name:  images-1.jpeg
Views: 354
Size:  8.5 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    Welcome 'home' @Nwefiescreech. I hope you had a wonderful time in Cuba. We missed you.

This may be my last post today. We'll see.
    I have a meeting @ the church this morning, then I've got to prep for dinner & an evening with a friend.
    Another friend coming in the morning tomorrow for 'breakfast'.

Attachment 323947
    Thanks 22hicks .. suppose leave Halifax early this morning and flights kept getting delayed and finally left 7pm and Now I'm stucked in airport Goose Bay , part of Labrador .. their telling us that central part of Newfoundland is high winds up to 85 KMH and blowing snow so I'm not sure when I'm getting back home .. trip was awesome and so was weather.. .hope your doing good and Take care yourself.. will drop by again when I get back to normal
    22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Ok you people all bum me out lol well I am so sorry for everyone's bad news. As walkonby says not a good end to 2016. I hope everyone has a much better 2017. I am going to post this art project I just did for my 14 year old cousin to cheer you up. it's still wet and not signed yet but I think it's not too bad.

Name:  IMG_20161216_222500.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  479.0 KB

Thread Information