User Tag List

Page 1672 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 672 1172 1572 1622 1662 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1682 ... LastLast
Results 25,066 to 25,080 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Newfieschreech- when you told us your story it reminded me of two things- "Trains, Planes, and Automobiles." - That movie always makes me laugh - nothing funny about being stranded in an airport, though.

The other was about all those planes that got stranded in Gander on 911.

Glad you got home and still had the energy to help with the Santa celebration.

Well, just before I was to leave on my 3 hour respite time to get some grocery shopping done, DH had an episode of vertigo that resulted in some nasty side effects. He almost fell near our sink. Luckily I could get him back to bed safely.

I cancelled the PSW and called the nurse who was not slated to come today. She, in turn, called the Dr. on call from the palliative care team. They are concerned about the sudden vertigo and will check him out again tomorrow. Luckily we had anti-nausea meds on hand and this nurse happened to have been the one who was on duty the night when he had to go to the hospital in Nov.
    Hicks- what' s keeping you awake? Hopefully you can get some sleep tonight.
    Walks, you should have asked that young man if he was collecting his "volunteer hours" for high school, or paid him in cookies.
    I have a cute little wooden Santa decoration which reads, "Will work for milk and cookies."
    Well, laundry is done, beds are changed, dishes are put away and a new load in the dishwasher.
    I ordered "Bridgette Jones' Baby" to watch when DH was taking a rest but only got into it about 20 minutes before the phone rang. But it's available for 24 hours. It started out not that good with "McDreamy" from Grey's Anatomy with a VERY PHONY accent. Fluff stuff to watch .
    Now Tampa Bay is playing Edmonton in the second inning and I think I will hit the sack. I didn't get to sleep until after3 last night.
    G'Night folks!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

If you have any spare good wishes, prayers etc,,,please send them to Mr P...he's in intensive care ATM..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, goodness Darth - hoping everything will be better for him! Including him in my prayers.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi, everyone!

Got a few hours' sleep, felt perky - so I put chicken soup on to cook and the breast to roast. Heavenly smells here!
    Milan is coming for supper, so I like to make extra food for him to take.

Have a great day!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    If you have any spare good wishes, prayers etc,,,please send them to Mr P...he's in intensive care ATM..

Oh, @Darth Penguin !! I will certainly send along my prayers for your Husband and hope and pray he and his medical team move quickly toward a complete recovery!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!!

FRIGID cold out there this morning, -20 but no wind thank goodness; going up to 0 by mid-week! I have two appointments next week, my doctor, followed by my surgeon, so the milder weather is most welcome!

Having watched "A Christmas Carol" several (several!) times this month, 3 versions, one 3 times another twice, I realized that I have never READ the book!!! I just downloaded it so that I could read it while waiting at my doctor's office (sometimes a 2hr wait because he takes so much time with each of us), and having started it, I can't bear to put it down!!! What beautiful writing...I was born at the wrong time, hahaha....I love how they spoke back then. Of course, truth be told, the 60s were probably a tich more comfortable.

Our DD will be driving back from visiting her BFF in the Sault today, and thankfully the snow won't be falling, and the roads should be clear. The main highway was closed on her way there on Friday morning so the cars all had to detour on the "old highway", which of course, she didn't tell me about until she called Saturday morning. Smart move...i'd have been hyperventilating until she got there safely!!

Have a lovely, hopefully relaxing Sunday, everyone....Hicks, Natalka, I hope you two had better sleeps last night...Walks, I hope you're not sitting on your hands today and can find something productive to do......
    @Darth Penguin , I hope your DH's condition has improved overnight...I'll continue to pray for him.

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Keith is one of those impeccable blokes,
    His longevity secret is for sure his smokes,
    He may be withered and wrinkled in places,
    But it's a rockers' lifestyle that he embraces,
    He's hit a few bumps along the way,
    But he still grabs his axe and he sure still can play!
    It's quite a milestone that Ole Keith has reached,
    and the rockers' rules, he never has breeched,
    He's a bit naughty - yes , but he's one of a kind
    Remember the concert that he played for the blind?
    Was it not few years past he was still climbing trees?
    But he tumbled to the ground and scraped both his knees,
    So what can you say that hasn't already been said
    Keith's a living legend he only looks dead,
    He has earned his place in my admirable guys,
    Rockin' for decades, yes time really flies,
    So best wishes to Keith and I am very glad,
    That you still keep on rockin and are still a bit bad!!!

Way to go Keith a very Happy Birthday to him!!!

xxxxxxx

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Penguin, oh dear! Please accept my prayers and Healing thoughts!

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Oh my, where do I start?

I guess hello every1.

Name:  ho ho hello.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  66.2 KB

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

@Darth Penguin - I'm so sorry to hear your news. I will definitely include your DH in my prayers. Intensive care, obviously serious, but hopefully his recovery will be quick. Such a worry.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Well, just before I was to leave on my 3 hour respite time to get some grocery shopping done, DH had an episode of vertigo that resulted in some nasty side effects. He almost fell near our sink. Luckily I could get him back to bed safely. I cancelled the PSW and called the nurse who was not slated to come today. She, in turn, called the Dr. on call from the palliative care team. They are concerned about the sudden vertigo and will check him out again tomorrow. Luckily we had anti-nausea meds on hand and this nurse happened to have been the one who was on duty the night when he had to go to the hospital in Nov.
    @avoncallingu, geez, what's next for you, goodness. Scary. Sorry you lost your respite time, but I'm glad you were still there, and hadn't left to go shopping. It's a blessing that the doctors & nurses involved are taking it seriously, and providing him with the best care possible. You're both in my prayers each and every day.
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

@Natalka - have a wonderful dinner with your DS. I know you will.

@cabmonk - on eBay, & for $500. I hope you're successful, that would be great for you.

@Lynn49 - your DD having to take a secondary road, no wonder she didn't tell you. A pot roast, funny, it's one thing I've never made.

@Newfiescreech - I'm so glad you not only got home safe & sound, eventually, but were able to help out @ the parade …. Have fun with all the decorating.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Now as for you @walkonby, I don't think I'm speaking to you.

4 batches of snowballs, 2 more different cookies, pastry for chicken pies, what's next, a soufflé? You sure are showing the rest of us up, esp. me.
    I've got company coming every day except tomorrow and Christmas, so I've got a ton of baking to do.

Hey, are you for hire?

Didn't think so, so this is just for you.

Name:  snowball.gif
Views: 190
Size:  58.7 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    Now as for you @walkonby, I don't think I'm speaking to you.

4 batches of snowballs, 2 more different cookies, pastry for chicken pies, what's next, a soufflé? You sure are showing the rest of us up, esp. me.
    I've got company coming every day except tomorrow and Christmas, so I've got a ton of baking to do.

Hey, are you for hire?

Didn't think so, so this is just for you.

Name:  snowball.gif
Views: 190
Size:  58.7 KB
    @walkonby deserved that and MORE!! How DARE she show us up like that?!!
    Show off.

Let's GET HER!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi Darth Penguin.. so sorry hear that your darling husband not feeling well .. sending my thoughts and prayers.. take care and thinking about you both sweetie
    22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

Thread Information