User Tag List

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree410Likes

Thread: Cadbury Surprise

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by snuffaluffagus View Post
    I've been trying to understand the hoopla around the kijiji post so I thank you, Chantel, for this explanation . I'm having difficulties understanding something though . How would this case be different from someone who's bought hundreds of these bars, donated them to others, and also profited from doubling their bonus points resulting in hundreds of redemption dollars? Is that not a pure profit as well?

So the persons who bought hundreds of bars and who are made martyrs of because of the donations made (regardless of the profited points mentioned above) are considered wonderful yet this person isn't? Yes, both profit but, who has profited the most? Who had the greater chance of preventing others from taking advantage of this deal? Which is the worse evil?

I'm in no way judging anyone but, I'm just trying to understand what's acceptable practice and what's not .

Edited to add: my questions aren't aimed directly at you, Chantel. Really at anyone who can help me figure this out.
    What people do with what they buy is up to them (I didn't buy any btw - bought Lindt chocolate, no bonus points, but looooove Lindt chocolate). However, I think that some people might be taking exception to someone reselling the bars because it goes against the TOUs of the Optimum program. They state that Optimum points cannot be accumulated for items that will then be resold. The agreement goes even further and states that if points are accumulated on items that are resold, those points can be revoked. So in that type of case, their would be a violation of the TOUs.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Thank you for replying, Andrew.

In all honesty, I don't think I care much one way or another how many bars anyone got. I care about how everyone is upset over this kijiji post which really seems insignificant (ie. profiting 20$ and a few thousand points) in comparison to the hundreds of thousands of points profited that I've read about in some threads I've seen. I'm simply trying to understand it from all perspectives.
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I've been trying to understand the hoopla around the kijiji post so I thank you, Chantel, for this explanation . I'm having difficulties understanding something though . How would this case be different from someone who's bought hundreds of these bars, donated them to others, and also profited from doubling their bonus points resulting in hundreds of redemption dollars? Is that not a pure profit as well?

So the persons who bought hundreds of bars and who are made martyrs of because of the donations made (regardless of the profited points mentioned above) are considered wonderful yet this person isn't? Yes, both profit but, who has profited the most? Who had the greater chance of preventing others from taking advantage of this deal? Which is the worse evil?

I'm in no way judging anyone but, I'm just trying to understand what's acceptable practice and what's not .

Edited to add: my questions aren't aimed directly at you, Chantel. Really at anyone who can help me figure this out.
    I agree completely, it is kind of a double-standard. I think the idea is, okay I got points, yippee for me, now I'm either using what I got or giving it to people who need it or gifting it, OR, okay I got points, but I also bought something I don't need/want/want to share or donate that much, so I'm going to turn around and sell it for more money.

The pure profit you speak of is what I ended up with, we got a ton of points from this, but also are going to use/gift/donate much of what we have. We didn't get it with the intent to resell and make cold hard cash off of it. I took what I got from it with great excitement and am leaving it at that, personally, I don't feel the need to go further to make another buck. I'm happy with what I've got for product and extra points.

Fingers crossed in all scenarios though, I HOPE people were respectful and made sure there were some left for others when they finished. Shelf clearing isn't cool and there are unfortunately people who do it with no regard for other people. Most SCers will go to a couple stores or otherwise do something in order to be polite about it.

But you absolutely make valid points, and unfortunately I cannot give answers to a lot of them because they're personal feelings rather than absolute truths.
    snuffaluffagus likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Here is that section of the Optimum Terms and Conditions.

9. Shoppers Optimum Membership is only available to individuals. Except for organizations
    participating in the “Donate your Points” program and represented by a trustee, Shoppers Optimum membership will not be available to corporations, businesses, charities, partnerships, enterprises or anyone other than an individual, unless written approval is received in advance from Shoppers Drug Mart, in its sole discretion. Shoppers Optimum Points will not be awarded if in Shoppers Drug Mart’s reasonable opinion the merchandise purchased will be used for resale or commercial use and any Shoppers Optimum Points awarded on such purchases will be forfeited. Shoppers Drug Mart reserves the right to limit Shoppers Optimum Points awarded with respect to any offer or promotion to reasonable household quantities. If a Shoppers Optimum Member was awarded points for an offer or promotion in which a Member purchased product in excess of reasonable household quantities, the Shoppers Optimum Points awarded as a result of that offer or promotion may be forfeited without prior notice.
    harbie likes this.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

My two cents!

They bought the item, so they can do whatever they want with it bake, donate, sell or throw away. Really, it's no one else's business.

I don't know who would buy the chocolate bars, but those chocoholics are out there!

What is the difference if some sells their stockpile at a garage sale and selling on Kijiji?
    Judyhill and michigan803 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

<comment removed>
    Last edited by FallenPixels; Tue, Sep 11th, 2012 at 03:45 PM. Reason: please refrain from rude comments, thanks
    angel_2011 and SavenRaven like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If a Shoppers Optimum Member was awarded points for an offer or promotion in which a Member purchased product in excess of reasonable household quantities, the Shoppers Optimum Points awarded as a result of that offer or promotion may be forfeited without prior notice.
    This to me is news - I think few could argue that buying 100's of these were for "household" quantities...

Andrew.
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Trading Score
    424 (100%)

[QUOTE=tccl21;4955112]QUOTE] removed rude quote

Last edited by Jezebel; Wed, Sep 12th, 2012 at 03:52 AM. Reason: removed rude quote
    SharonMe and barginbin-barbie like this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by super807 View Post
    What people do with what they buy is up to them (I didn't buy any btw - bought Lindt chocolate, no bonus points, but looooove Lindt chocolate). However, I think that some people might be taking exception to someone reselling the bars because it goes against the TOUs of the Optimum program. They state that Optimum points cannot be accumulated for items that will then be resold. The agreement goes even further and states that if points are accumulated on items that are resold, those points can be revoked. So in that type of case, their would be a violation of the TOUs.
    Thanks super807 , your explanation makes sense. I'm still having a hard time understanding why one situation is considered morally correct over another .
    couponmamaof03 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Speckled28 View Post
    This is sooo bizarre to me. I would never consider buying food from a stranger online! Though I saw last week that someone from my town was trying to sell their vibrator on Kijiji. GROSS!!!!!!
    Oh my, Please God don't let it be the type of vibrator I am thinking of. I am not over the buying chocolate bars displayed on <comment removed> couches yet and I now I have this to deal with!!
    Last edited by FallenPixels; Tue, Sep 11th, 2012 at 03:46 PM. Reason: please refrain from rude comments, thanks
    pippinelkhound and Speckled28 like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I believe I was one of the ones with the add up. I just came across how people hated what I was doing. I saw another add in the city where they were trying to sell the bars for 1.25 each. I thought that was bad and all I thought was I was going to sell for way less. No... I don't want the bars, I just wanted the points. I paid alot of money to get those points. The bars work out to being free so in the end I am giving away all my bars to charities across the city. Some to family for baking, the rest for halloween. I apologize to anyone who say my add on kijiji. I truly was not trying to profit I just don't know any other way to get rid of them.

I simply thought the other add selling for near cost was silly. I actually thought this would be a favor to other parents looking to pick up halloween candy. I can totally see how this looked bad, and I regret putting up the add.

Again, I am sorry.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks super807 , your explanation makes sense. I'm still having a hard time understanding why one situation is considered morally correct over another .
    For me it's just personal feeling. I've been hit hard by manufacturers stopping stacking because people were reselling what they bought at LD for free, so I'm a little touchy on the subject.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Stevstevd, I'm not going to comment on the contents of your post because I'm not inclined to judge. But, I do have to thank you for helping me understand this from your personal perspective. Thank you .

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

also, to the others who pointed out that they have no issue with this. Thanks for backing me up. I don't see how profitting an additional 50$ on the bars is really a big deal. I honestly thought I would be doing people a favor by selling the bars cheap for halloween. I guess I was mistaken. Honestly, I've already given so many of them away to family so that they could givve them out on halloween too. I just thought it would be weird to put up an add on kijiji for 'free chocolate' . seemed a bit odd. I've tried giving away stuff for free before and that was more of a hastle than it was worth. I just didn't want the bars to go to waste. Perhaps would it have been better if I said 100 bars for 2$ ?

In any case, I decided the bars would be going to local food banks. Just dropped some off actually. Also, what is the harm of putting my address? Is it that someone is going to egg my house because I am immoral? I honestly was trying to do the right thing.... Is there a right thing really? It seems as though the riight thing would be to not have bought these bars in the first place. However, I spent many hours of my day trying to get bars in order to get points in order to be able to redeem points to get diapers and provide for my family. This was no different to me than the extreme couponers you see on those shows. I treated it as my job for the day... I would gladly leave bars for the next person if they would be so kind as to leave me shoppers points so that I can afford to raise my family.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I'll tell you why.. people usually react in a more positive way when it comes down to any type of charity...it sure doesnt make it right on some levels but if the action is something good then usually people will go..awww so sweet.. awww , awww, awwww... LOL! as long as you dont make a buck you will be seen as someone wonderful and caring..but try to make a buck and be wonderul and caring to your own wallet..well you know how that goes..lol.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information