User Tag List

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast
Like Tree1273Likes

Thread: So Disappointed

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

I quit.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

let's look at it in another way maybe if high earners would take a significant pay cut. [rich or poor one does not need to smoke drink or take drugs] then companies would have enough money to train those on welfare to do some of the jobs.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

To all the posters....thank you to some for renewing my faith in people, thank you to others for making it even more clear to me what my clients are up against each day...I will work harder for them because of this forum!

And with that... good night.
    mcminsen, Minou, DianneS and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

But would they? They have a full staff with the amount of people they have, the business owners would just keep it as profit (perhaps with some savings passed on to the consumer but likely little if any)
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Just wondering, but do you think that people on Old Age Security should be tested for drugs and asked to account for the money they receive, as well? I mean some of these seniors were once on SA, before they reached 65. You won't know which ones were on SA before, so you would have to test them all.

Remember it could also include your family members too.

Should these seniors have to earn a right to dignity?
    Last edited by couponmamaof03; Sun, Sep 16th, 2012 at 12:35 AM.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    Good for you for coming and adding to our society!! Very commendable!!! I feel your pain on the taxes though, My husband pays $60,000 in taxes each year, thats not even including CPP and EI ( which he never uses ). Just one of the frustrations of the government.
    Well, if you have pain paying $60,000 in taxes each year, then work for much much less and you will pay much much less in taxes....and even receive child tax credit and GST credit....
    mcminsen, Sunraven, GoJays and 5 others like this.

hopesdreams
    Trading Score
    235 (100%)

Yes, it would be great to have rehab and treatment programs aligned with social assistance programs which work together to get people back on their feet however, the system (like mentioned in many previous posts) is broken and the bureaucracy to overcome these problems is virtually impossible. I agree with this comment. Lets not give up trying.
    I have a little experience to back up my feelings on this thread. As we have had a family member with some really difficult drug habits. It took more than a few months to help this loved one. With Lots of support! I lost her to another province for years. We were blessed that she kicked the habit and has a great family of her own. Plus a high paying job for the last 6 years. Others do not have this same support that my daughter found. I believe it takes a village to raise kids. It takes lots of support to stop difficult habits for many people. I quit smoking 25 years ago. Yet I still crave for one sometime when stress hits. My parents both never smoke or drank. I think this made my habit of smoking easier to quit.
    The system needs to have places for people to get off drugs we all know this. Not a rehab place that is good for a few months. Some drug users need at least 4-6 months. Then when they get out love & support. Most users are looking for love and less fear in their lives. Therefore they need a place to shower & a clean set of clothes before even doing a job search. My daughter has worked at six different job titles at the age of 25. It took her 2 months to get a job in BC. Yes she applied fast food & retail. In the real world jobs are not that easy to get. Let me tell you she can sell anything. Is one smart dresser. I have a little compassion for people looking for a job that do not even have clean clothes and a place to live.
    We pay lots of taxes and this makes me mad at times. For sure I know what goes around comes around. Our four grown kids have always worked hard at not so fun jobs. I pray they never have to stand in line at a welfare office. If they do I hope they never abuse the system. We will never solve abuse of any welfare or social system. Unless we all give back. I am sure this is what many on this site are already supporting.
    Just had to leave some positive comments. Hope it is not too off topic.
    Do onto others as you wish done to you.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/hopesdreams

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Well, if you have pain paying $60,000 in taxes each year, then work for much much less and you will pay much much less in taxes....and even receive child tax credit and GST credit....

Jenny is a SAHM...it's her husband, like mine, that has to pay out that kinda money in taxes....

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Just a note CPP is used when the following occurs:
    you are disabled; then your children receive a benefit as well. max 983 a month; child receives 218
    you retired; based on what you have contributed; max is 1043 a month (could be a little lower)
    you die; you receive a death benefit to help pay funeral costs - max 2500; you leave behind a spouse they receive a benefit (based on what the deceased contributed); also any child you leave behind gets a benefit 218.

but only if contribute to canada pension plan and you qualify for the above benefits.

EI - only if you qualify. just because you pay into it does not automatically entitle you to receive a benefit. I believe you receive a max of 991 before tax.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Jenny is a SAHM...it's her husband, like mine, that has to pay out that kinda money in taxes....
    Yes, I realize this....I am also a SAHM and my husband also pays taxes but almost no taxes because we are low income earners but very content
    Natalka, thriftygranny and Bronwen like this.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Here's a little musical intermission for all you folks...

This is the thread that'll never end.
    Yes, it goes on and on my friend.
    Some people started posting in it not knowing what it was,
    And they'll continue posting in it forever just because...

This is meant to be funny and lighthearted, so please don't take it any other way.
    As this is the longest rant thread on a single topic.
    Last edited by K8's Fate; Sun, Sep 16th, 2012 at 11:39 AM.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

l don't think anyone should judge anyone. When was the last time you befriended some lower income people and helped them out. Yes some may abuse the system but throwing them all in the same boat is not fair. The most important thing is no matter what the parents do with the money, children should never have to suffer because of it.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by K8's Fate View Post
    Here's a little musical intermission for all you folks...

This is meant to be funny and lighthearted, so please don't take it any other way.
    As this is the longest rant thread on a single topic.
    I'm so incredibly offended by this (jokes )... It's funny that I couldn't just read it I had to sing it in my head.
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Point WELL MADE as ever Minou!

Quote Originally Posted by Minou View Post
    It cost $109,699.00 a year to incarcerate a male prisoner in 2009. It's probably gone up since then. Did you mention that welfare cost society $14,000.00 a year?

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/07...st-five-years/
    mcminsen and Arielmac like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Do you not realize that there are millions of people out there that wish they made as much money as (your family) pays in taxes much less make what he makes a year? If I was lucky enough..or my husband lucky enough to make that much money..I'd be more then happy to pay that much in tax. Because at the end of the day I'd know that my husband and I and our children were well taken care of because we made a substantial amount of money. Think of all the homeless, people on welfare, pensioners, etc that wonder if they are going to have enough money to eat much less anything else.

Do you ever think of what will happen to you if for any reason your husband loses his job and can't find another? Would YOU want to have to go on welfare to be able to support your family? Would you want to have to account for every single penny you spent? I don't think you would just like the rest of us wouldn't. Put yourself in another person's shoes and walk a mile before you say what you would and wouldn't do. Because you never know what will happen in your future..and you could be the next person in the welfare line, soup kitchen, food bank, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    Good for you for coming and adding to our society!! Very commendable!!! I feel your pain on the taxes though, My husband pays $60,000 in taxes each year, thats not even including CPP and EI ( which he never uses ). Just one of the frustrations of the government.
    Last edited by FallenPixels; Sun, Sep 16th, 2012 at 02:17 PM.
    mcminsen, GoJays, jessep13 and 7 others like this.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread Information