User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Halloween & Kids Costumes

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Almost that time again. Picked up costumes for the kids on the weekend at Walmart. $32 each! yikes DS1 wanted to be Bat Man Dark Night and DS2 wanted to be Superman. I don't actually take them with me, but phone and they get to pick which one as I tell them what's available. Bought a couple of very large spiders to hang up in the house also. I don't usually decorate for Halloween, but they looked fun. How are your kids dressing up?
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    ninna likes this.
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Wow...$32 for costumes... and the superhero ones usually aren't of exceptional quality, either. People should really have Hallowe'en costume swap meets... get a ticket for each costume you contribute, entitling you to pick out a new one. Most costumes are in good condition after Hallowe'en... seems like a waste for everyone to keep buying new ones.

I bought a $20 knight costume at Costco about a month ago. I figured it would be good for playtime afterward, and maybe the younger brother can use it at some point. I'm not looking forward to the superhero costumes, but I guess it'll be inevitable with boys! I'm thinking about making the two boys some pirate costumes for next year when the youngest is walking... it would be nice to see if I could use up some leftover fabric and not need to buy too much!
    Natalka, ninna, glowworm2k and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I bought ours after Halloween last year, got two. I thought at worst, DS could play dressup in them, or I could sell them this year on Kijiji. But he wants to wear the Ninja costume I got for $5 last year. Score!
    Natalka, sweetmomma and ninna like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

my kids are a little older now and don't get into anymore as they used to. thank goodness $32?? wow. i remember as a kid dressing from the trunk in the basement.. you name it i was one..
    last one i saw on pinterest i thought YA perfect for anyone. but more a girl... a clear recycle bag. 4 holes, two for leg two for each arm.. fill with small multicolored 'water' balloons from the dollar store. tied gently at neck with a ribbon.. voila.. a bag of jelly beans. you could do all red or green for bag of grapes. saw a white dress with rows of colored cotton or craft balls. pink/blue/green etc. those candy strips you get.
    ninna and hockeylover like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

My mom used to sew our costumes when I was a kid. Sure wish I could do the same for my own kids but alas, I am sewing challenged. LOL.

Youngest DD wants to be a horse this year. I don't really know where to find that costume n her size. I've seen horse costumes in the 4-6X size range, but never anything over that size and she would need at least a size 8. Guess bigger kids aren't interested in being a horse?

Anyway, oldest DD want to be a pirate. Again. She was a pirate for a Halloween party last year but went as Little Bo Peep for the actual trick or treating night. I'm fine with the pirate. I've already got all the stuff anyway.
    Natalka likes this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

DS1 wants to go as a dump truck this year

Last year he dressed up as a fire truck. He was 3 last halloween and I was convinced he had it backwards so I bought him a fire man costume...nope.

I ended up persuading him to at least wear the fireman costume under the fire truck costume I ended up making him.

DS2 has no idea what he wants. One day he's into something, the next day he's throwing a tantrum because he doesn't want to have anything to do with it.
    dimaa, ninna and Granger like this.
    nothingfancy

putting the kettle on.. sweetproserpina's Avatar
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

My DD is going as a queen this halloween. We have a lovely white, almost toe length, poofy dress that she wore as a flower girl this summer and she loves to dress up in it around the house. So, I'm going make a quick cape with fleece and fun fur, and fix up a sash with ribbons and medals, and find a crown. I think this may be the last year I'll get to choose her costume- next year who knows...
    ninna likes this.
    I love free books! Earn points at Swagbucks and get great Amazon GCs or Paypal $$.
    RLF: Goldfish!!, Butter, Astro Yogurt, Triscuit Thincrisps...

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348540795.494844.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  21.2 KB
    ninna and glowworm2k like this.
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

My ds wants to go as A day of the dead guy (The Mexican holiday). He is 13 ..it gets complicated Last yr he went as a zombie prom date. Lol
    ninna likes this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Frogs!
    DD is going to be a 'Littlest Petshop Frog' (it's a green dress with the frog on it, with an attached frog hood), and DS is going to be in a full-body frog suit.
    I got them from the Halloween Store, only paid $12 each.
    ninna likes this.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

My DS wants to be a zombie fireman. That's easy enough, he was a fireman last year so he can just wear the same costume again and i'll paint his face. DD wants to be a ballerina princess bumble bee baby. We'll narrow it down to just one or two of those things by the time the big day comes around.
    ninna likes this.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

I picked up a batman - the dark knight costume last year for $10 at the halloween store when they went down to 75% off. Even comes with the padded chest and arms to make him look muscley LOL
    ninna likes this.
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    95 (100%)

With 3 children Halloween gets more expensive each year. This year however I scored 3 costumes for $50 total, a hamburger, a hot dog and a ketchup...I really like the bag of jelly beans and grape idea though.
    Granger likes this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I always had to invent my costume as a kid or buy it myself.

This year:
    DD1 almost 2 - Tiger (Carter's costume picked up in the states for $3 a couple years ago)
    DD2 6 months - Strawberry ($5 at a mom2mom sale) BUT the material looks really flammable and cheap so I may go with DD1's costumes from last year a snowman (gift) and skeleton (sleeper bought for $10, which is pink, glows in the dark and was sooooo worth the money!)

Here is my math:
    $18 / (3 wearings so far) = $6 per child per year = Happy Mommy!

My kids don't even have to dress up it is just too much fun!!!
    glowworm2k and thriftygranny like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

just went to value village today.. dd1 wanted to be a princess and we happened to find this really poufy long sleeve pink dress with a white faux fur lining around the cuffs and the neck. cant beat $6.99 for it really. so she's uber happy. dd2 is going to be a unicorn..found a costume there for $7.99 so it'll make a cute duo. i desperatly wanted them to be a pair of dice... easy to make and so orignial but i got a flat out NO for that one. maybe i'll try again next year
    Granger likes this.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information