User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: Starting Dr Fuhrman's "Eat to Live" plan

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I've decided to finally take the plunge and do his six-week plan.
    My fibromyalgia is causing me too much pain, too much lost sleep, and the brain-fog is so disturbing. I'm waking up in pain more often than actually sleeping, so my days are so unproductive.

So. I'll do all my grocery shopping tomorrow and will start on Tuesday. If anyone wants me to keep a log on here with my meals, I'd not mind doing that, although' it may be quite boring..
    The weight-loss should be dramatic according to him, which would also help my fibro as well as my self-esteem...I have lost 50lbs since last Chistmas, but more is required.

I'll post my weight loss, if any, as well.

I'm doing this here to help me stay on this program...I'll feel obligated to stick with it if I feel a responsibility to post... My hubby will be joining me for the most part, but will be eating meat and having dairy which are not permitted if one is strictly adhering to it.

Day 1, coming Tuesday.....wish me luck!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I wish you all the luck in the world, Lynn. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia a while back and, while I'm happy that I at least know what's causing all the pain, I'm not really satisfied with the treatment options. I'm glad you mentioned the "brain fog"...I thought perhaps this was a result of the meds but, I was worse before starting them. Do you, or have you by any chance taken Lyrica? It's the only med that's helped me somewhat without the nasty side-effects of other meds I've tried. However, I do worry about long-term side effects and, the possibility of having to take it the rest of my life does sadden me .

I will loyally follow your thread and your progress. Anything you have to share, anything I can benefit from following your journey, I will be extremely grateful for. Thank you!
    Lynn49 and ssbean like this.
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Snuffy..so sorry you have this, too. It's horrid and hateful and I'm in so much pain today all I did was sit and read his book as well as the fibro for idiots one my hubby brought home from the library yesterday. I feel your pain....

I'm very leery about taking a drug that may make me dependent on it and for now I'm looking for ways to control the pain without those, although some days I feel as if I live from pain pill to pain pill. The worst time thing right now is the sleep-deprivation...it's tough to function when half asleep all day, yet too afraid to nap because that'll make even falling asleep worse! I easily fall asleep, but the pain wakes me up throughout the night...sigh...what a complainer, eh?

Thank you for encouraging me on this journey I'm about to undertake....I'm not exactly looking forward to the changes, because of the "leafy green" problem and IBS tummy cramps which is another lovely associative problem with fibro. But....if I don't try it, it'll never have the chance to help me, right? Right.

Onward and hopefully.....onto better things...

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I found that the bloating/gas problem went away pretty quickly after going vegan. I don't know if that will be the case for you because of the fibro, but congrats on taking a step to try and take care of yourself with food. I like the fact that I eat as much as I want and I do not gain weight. I never go hungry because to get the same amount of calories, you need to eat a heck of a lot of vegetables and fruits as compared to meats and dairy.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn, I wish you luck on your new journey!

I hadn't heard about him or his plan, so just spent the last little while here reading about it, the diet, his blog, others' opinions.

Did your doctor agree with Dr. F's claim that fibro can disappear in a few months? That would be wonderful for you if it could happen! (I'm sure you have all the links you need, so I won't post the ones I read here...)
    Lynn49 likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

You're gonna do it!!!!

I wish you all the success in the world, can't wait to hear all about your progress.
    aussie and Lynn49 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good luck Lynn! I hope it helps and congrats on the weight loss.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Good luck! You can do it!!!
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    You're gonna do it!!!!

I wish you all the success in the world, can't wait to hear all about your progress.
    Thank you, Patty...sorry I couldn't rep you as I have the others...thanks for your encouragement and support; I know that posting here will help me stay on the "straight and narrow". I'm not a big meat-eater (most of it goes from my plate to Jenny), but cheese? I know I'll miss that...but I won't miss my fybro if it helps relieve my pain.
    I'm a little scared, but very much eager, too.....
    Natalka and Patty Smyth like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ninna View Post
    Good luck! You can do it!!!
    Thank you, Ninna....wow..I'd better keep true to my word now! I'm so happy you all took notice...it'll keep me focused on this new way of eating..and how long can 6 weeks be in a life-time, right?
    snuffaluffagus likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Lynn, I wish you luck on your new journey!

I hadn't heard about him or his plan, so just spent the last little while here reading about it, the diet, his blog, others' opinions.

Did your doctor agree with Dr. F's claim that fibro can disappear in a few months? That would be wonderful for you if it could happen! (I'm sure you have all the links you need, so I won't post the ones I read here...)
    Thank you, Natalka..it certain would be wonderful!
    Um...my doctor is quite accustomed to me doing as I please unless he puts on his "serious" face, at which time I do exactly (almost) as he tells me to. He's a great partner in my health-care and we see each other as just that: partners. I can't stump him on anything new, treatments, etc, so he's 'up' on everything. He's also one of our city's coroners, so I do try to behave. I really do.
    Dr Fuhrman doesn't make vague promises..he stated cases clearly that he's helped and his information is, imho, very sound. We all are eating as "healthy" as we can, obeying all the interest groups who have their hooks in our health-care affairs, such as the pharmaceutical companies, yet we're becoming more obese as the years go by. The new generation here now, may not even live as long as us!! It may not cure my fibro, but if it can relieve some of my symptoms (and there's quite a list!), then I'll be happy. And if I lose the projected 20lbs in those 6 weeks, I'll be on top of the world!
    Fingers crossed, Hon!
    Natalka and ssbean like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It just occurred to me that this plan will fall on my b'day and my family wants to take me out for dinner...what's on a menu for virgin vegans?!
    We do have "The Laughing Buddah" here which has a gluten-free menu and seems to have vegan choices...perhaps that's our restaurant of choice....hmmmm...things to think about...not to be deterred...just more to think about....

Thing is...I know they want to go to a restaurant where dinner will be in the +$200 range per couple, but....what could I eat? THIS will be a challenge.....
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Sep 16th, 2012 at 10:54 PM.
    ssbean likes this.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Good luck on your new journey!!! You have the support of many
    Lynn49 likes this.
    Complete quick surveys and cash out at every $20. Receive a cheque, deposit it into your bank. That easy! https://legerweb.com/2Q7V3

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Tomorrow is Day 1!
    i bought all my groceries today at Metro (the produce dept is SO much better than RCSS here)...there's sure going to be a lot of cleaning and chopping veggies tomorrow...thank goodness hubby's so good at that, too! After golf, of course...
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I think breakfast is going to be my favourite meal of the day!!

Breakfast:

1/3c steel cut oats cooked in 1/3c almond milk until soggy, but still 'loose'
    with 1 sliced banana folded in. That's it! OMG....I love the chewiness of
    the oats, and I've never had a banana in it (usually raisins, craisins, diced
    apple cooked with it). It made about 3/4c of oatmeal without the banana.
    (can I have this for lunch, too? .....

Lunch will be more of a problem, since
    I don't care much for cold salads...Dinner? Hm......

(I can see DH and Patty laughing at my kindergarten efforts...lol)
    ssbean likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information