User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree198Likes

Thread: Christmas Music

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Wow!! I can not believe all the arguing on facebook because of Christmas music. I personally love hearing it and SDM, CT and a few other stores and getting blasted on facebook for playing it already. SDM has suspended the Christmas music until further notice. People are saying that it is disrespectful to our veterans and that it should not be played until after Rememberance Day. How does it disrepect Veterans, I feel more grateful during the Holiday Season for all they have done so we can enjoy our lives. JMO
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I love hearing Christmas music... the thing is, so many people don't respect Remembrance Day anymore. I wonder how many of the people who complain about it disrespecting the veterans, actually show their appreciation for what the vets have done.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby40 View Post
    Wow!! I can not believe all the arguing on facebook because of Christmas music. I personally love hearing it and SDM, CT and a few other stores and getting blasted on facebook for playing it already. SDM has suspended the Christmas music until further notice. People are saying that it is disrespectful to our veterans and that it should not be played until after Rememberance Day. How does it disrepect Veterans, I feel more grateful during the Holiday Season for all they have done so we can enjoy our lives. JMO
    OMG..it really makes me mad. All the haters need to get a life. So does that mean we can't play any music at all?? Whats the difference.....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xox2010 View Post
    I love hearing Christmas music... the thing is, so many people don't respect Remembrance Day anymore. I wonder how many of the people who complain about it disrespecting the veterans, actually show their appreciation for what the vets have done.
    Exactly...but playing xmas music doesn't meant that people aren't respecting Remembrance Day...Just because i choose to play a xmas CD tonight doesn't mean i have no respect for the veterans. Its ridiculous.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

The only valid complain about Christmas music would be people who find it offensive for whatever personal or religious reason... not the time of year its played. That's just pathetic. The veterans have us the ability to live free and that means we can play any music we want at any time of the year.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The point about waiting till after Remembrance Day is a valid one, but keep in mind that there are many more reasons why the Christmas season might not evoke the same warm, happy feelings for some people that it does for others. For them, having the experience drawn out over a two month period can be very trying.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

BRING ON THE X-MAS MUSIC! Obviously I need something to listen to while I wander up and down all the aisles of snow coverd this and snow covered that, Santa on here Santa on that, Reindeer stuff, and everything else.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by abbasgirl View Post
    The point about waiting till after Remembrance Day is a valid one, but keep in mind that there are many more reasons why the Christmas season might not evoke the same warm, happy feelings for some people that it does for others. For them, having the experience drawn out over a two month period can be very trying.
    Your right...i too get sick of hearing it constantly, and i love xmas....but for people to actually complain to the store and on Facebook, and say its because of remembrance day is just ridiculous and way out of control.
    Tabby40 and PurpleBunny89 like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

I have the same issue with decorating - many complexes and stratas here have bylaws that dictate no decorating until after Remembrance Day and I hear people complain all the time about not doing it before Remembrance Day. One has nothing to do with the other ... people just use Remembrance Day as an excuse that they don't want the season dragged out for 2 months. I love Christmas but respect that alot of people don't want to hear about it starting Nov. 1st. That being the case, just say so and stop using "Remembrance Day" as an excuse. Decorations and music in no way disrespect our veterans.

~ JMO ~

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I personally LOVE Christmas, the music and the decorations. I've started decorating today and LOVE the Christmas music in stores. I support stores choosing a different soundtrack for Remembrance day itself, or shutting off music entirely for a moment of silence, but it is NOT disrespectful to veterans to enjoy the holiday music and decorations as soon as halloween is over.

After all, those vets fought for our right to freedom, the freedom to do what we want and say what we want and celebrate what we want. So if you really want to be respectful of vets, exercise your right to do all of that!

If people have a problem with it, then don't do it! Jeez, this is getting like the gay marriage debate, if you don't want to do something, don't! If you don't like hearing holiday music or putting up decorations or buying holiday gifts until after Nov. 11, DON'T. Don't drag everyone else down with you.

If there were bylaws saying when I could and could not decorate I'd probably be so livid I'd take it to court, it infringes my basic rights as a Canadian in so many ways. Rights those vets fought and died for.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

With each generation, traditions and respect seem to diminish. It's sad and that's why so many people get upset. World wars were fought, lives were lost, countries were devastated, men came back changed and their families lives also changed. For the world "back here" to take the time to give these men their due by honoring them for ONE day out of the year, one day that is not overshadowed by anything else....well I think you can understand why people who remember those times might be upset by the lackadaisical attitude today. And to be honest, if my Grandpa hadn't fought in the war I probably wouldn't think twice about it either.
    GoJays, Tabby40 and Carlotta like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lghend View Post
    With each generation, traditions and respect seem to diminish. It's sad and that's why so many people get upset. World wars were fought, lives were lost, countries were devastated, men came back changed and their families lives also changed. For the world "back here" to take the time to give these men their due by honoring them for ONE day out of the year, one day that is not overshadowed by anything else....well I think you can understand why people who remember those times might be upset by the lackadaisical attitude today. And to be honest, if my Grandpa hadn't fought in the war I probably wouldn't think twice about it either.
    I totally understand your point..I have ALOT of respect for those who fought and continue to fight for our country. On Nov 11 i pay my respects, i honour the moment of silence, wear a poppy, watch the remembrance on tv and sit back and thank them, and throughout the year as well i remember and am thankful...listening to xmas music or any music for that matter or putting up decorations and being in great spirits has no barring on my level of respect.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Wed, Jan 21st, 2015 at 08:43 AM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lghend View Post
    my grandfather served too and i have absolutely ZERO issue with christmas music or decor before Remembrance Day.

for the amount of people who seem to take issue with this, that sure doesn't translate into the amount of people i see walking around wearing poppies...

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Personally I think they should not start with the xmas crap until December 15. The only thing they are celebrating by starting November 1 is a two month consumer festival.
    I won't decorate till Dec 12 or so and I won't play music either till them. Hearing Xmas music over and over again makes me not in a Xmas mood. I love Xmas and I love the holidays but starting early just makes me realize how commercial it has gotten and its about gifts and spending money. Not about spending time with the ones with love and be thankful.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information