User Tag List

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree585Likes

Thread: OMG Another school shooting!! :( :( :(

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    We need to help the poor.
    No doubt. But what exactly is the criteria for being poor? I grew up what most would consider poor (my parents were the victims of fraud - I was the only one to actually get proper meals). Yet, they considered themselves rich, compared to how they grew up. When your only source of protein is a piece of carrion that you have run out onto the street with a knife and procure, when your home is left in rubble after an explosion and you have to live with your mother and sister under a bridge during a cold winter, when you spend 2 yrs eating nothing but corn because there is no other food. People in North America today have such a radically different concept of poverty than what I was taught growing up.

I cringe whenever I hear these anti-poverty groups whining about how hard life is on $30K/yr, and the horrors of kids not having their own room (my mom had to share a bed with her sister until she was 31 & the bed was in the same room as her parents').

Sorry, didn't mean to go off-topic.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Guns laws are useless. It's the type of guns that are being manufactured that have to be banned.

We hold cigarette companies responsible for deaths for crying out loud why not gunmakers? Let the CEO of one of these big gun companies walk through that school and see the dead little bodies everywhere. I would imagine that guns like those used probably tore their little bodies apart at close range.

As for the NRA and "responsible" (they love to throw that word around)gun owners Piers Morgan is right. They need to look in the mirror. They need to realise that automatic , semi-automatic and all assault weapons of mass destruction need to be banned. If they want to play John Wayne or GI Joe they can join the army and go fight in Afghanistan.

In my mind anyone who owns weapons like these need their heads examined and are suspect.
    Andit, lekate, thecountess and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

mass shooters are either sociopaths or mentally imbalanced

according to FBI profilers
    Andit, thecountess and i_forget like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    We hold cigarette companies responsible for deaths for crying out loud why not gunmakers?
    Yes, because it is easier to put the blame on nameless faceless organizations than to ever force an individual to take responsibility for their own actions.

And who are these corporations? People. People who are going to lose their jobs because something is banned, all because society is always to blame, not the individual.
    Natalka likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

For those blaming this on mental health issue, here ya go. All you people line up and turn in your guns.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/me...dications.html

"An estimated one million Canadians suffer from some form of depression. The Canadian Mental Health Association says one in 10 people will suffer from depression during their lifetime. According to the World Health Organization, depression will be the second-leading cause of disability in the world by 2020, trailing heart disease. Antidepressants are used to treat serious, continuing mental depression that interferes with the person's ability to function. They were first developed in the 1950s and now there are almost 30 different medications on the market. They all work by altering the way in which certain chemicals, called neurotransmitters, work in our "

Oh and lets not forget they are saying he may have had autism too. Let's round them all up. They are the problem too.

Gee wouldn't it be easier to just ban the type of weapons that time and time again are responsible for these mass shootings?

Gun people are always deflecting the problem to other issues, always, it's never the guns.
    Andit, lekate, thecountess and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Gun people are always deflecting the problem to other issues, always, it's never the guns.
    Yep, in much the same way as the media always seem to blame society and not the individual committing the horrible deed.
    thecountess likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

in China yesterday.... a man entered a school weilding a butchers knife and stabbed 22 kids

guns just make it easier and faster to kill victims in mass killings

and hollywood glorify gun violence

strict gun control needs to be addressed.
    Andit and VeeVee like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

For those blaming this on mental health issue, here ya go. All you people line up and turn in your guns.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/me...dications.html

"An estimated one million Canadians suffer from some form of depression. The Canadian Mental Health Association says one in 10 people will suffer from depression during their lifetime. According to the World Health Organization, depression will be the second-leading cause of disability in the world by 2020, trailing heart disease. Antidepressants are used to treat serious, continuing mental depression that interferes with the person's ability to function. They were first developed in the 1950s and now there are almost 30 different medications on the market. They all work by altering the way in which certain chemicals, called neurotransmitters, work in our "

Oh and lets not forget they are saying he may have had autism too. Let's round them all up. They are the problem too.

Gee wouldn't it be easier to just ban the type of weapons that time and time again are responsible for these mass shootings?

Ban the guns. Ban the guns? Then where are the half billion guns in the US and Canada going to go? Are they going to disappear? Are people just going to hand them over? I can tell you that will NOT happen. A great many Americans take their 2nd Amendment rights VERY seriously. Any government that tried to take guns from law abiding citizens would be facing an armed insurrection. It would be the 2nd civil war, I have no doubt because I know these people. They will not be disarmed by the government. Not a chance in Hell.

Banning guns is a pie in the sky idea, it will not happen. No government is that insanely stupid, or suicidal to attempt it.

So that's that.

/end thread

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal50 View Post
    in China yesterday.... a man entered a school weilding a butchers knife and stabbed 22 kids

guns just make it easier and faster to kill victims in mass killings

and hollywood glorify gun violence

strict gun control needs to be addressed.

thank goodness that none of those kids died in China

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

This is horrible.
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Trading Score
    282 (100%)

I totally agree!At what point are we going to wake up and realize that by having guns so readily available it only opens the door to these tragedy's. ....Do killings happen without a gun? Well of course they do....but a 20 year old taking his own Mothers gun s and killing her and Kindergarden Children does not!

I would say now is the time to talk about guns. Will this finally be the massacre that shoots down (sorry) the 2nd amendment.

Blah blah blah the right to bear arms, BS!! Cowards!!! Outdated, antiquated stupid constitution.

WE ARE NOT MUCH Better Mr. Harper. Long gun registry pfffffft.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 01:51 PM.
    thecountess, DH666 and BC Gal like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    - shooter was member of the "Goth" group at school (like the Columbine shooters)
    wow...just wow...that's the worst thing you can find out about the shooter...not every spree killer listens to scary quotes Goth scary quote music..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal50 View Post

It happened on Thursday..I linked to the story earlier in the thread..here it is again..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-20723910

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information