User Tag List

Page 208 of 226 FirstFirst ... 108 158 198 206 207 208 209 210 218 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 3377
Like Tree10151Likes

Thread: The fun's over! It's time for an Easter (Sunday, March 31) Challenge!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

There's no link to your thread it takes me to a thread starter but I did see you are having twins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/400016-...-twins-canada/
    Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    There's no link to your thread it takes me to a thread starter but I did see you are having twins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/400016-...-twins-canada/
    I fixed the link yesterday when I realized my error.
    ROMEO and SassyAshley like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Saw your thread, Angela and am so thrilled for you and your family!!

Well I don't know how I did it, but I'm down 8 lbs since my bronchitis kicked in. And while being on prednisone for the past 3 days; I guess my appetite has been down during this little adventure and when my hubby suggested it was maybe just 'dehydration' he got "the look". Hmph. Dehydration, indeed. Phhht.
    Otoh, he may be right; but for now, I'm taking it, believing it, and loving it!!

TG, congrats on the 2lb loss! Believe me, I know it's not easy; you're doing something right, that's for sure!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Up 2 , forgot to weigh in last week.
    SassyAshley likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Now THIS is interesting!!

Researchers analyzed the nutrient content of 'greens' according to fibre, protein, potassium and minerals they contain and these\are the results:

From the top:

Watercress 100%
    Chinese Cabbage
    Swiss Chard
    Beet Greens
    Spinach 86.43%
    Chicory
    Leaf Lettuce 70.73%
    Parsley
    Romaine 63.48%
    Collard Greens
    Turnip Greens
    Mustard Greens
    Endive
    Chives
    Kale.........49.07%.......last place!!! Talk about a veggie that's received far too much promotion for very little nutritional content!

Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

5 Powerful Weight-Loss Boosters

1.Dried Beans Foods rich in water-soluble fiber, like kidney beans, chickpeas and black beans, not only help you feel full at meals but they may even target your stubborn spare tire.In a 2011 study, researchers noticed that for every 10 grams of soluble fiber eaten over the course of a day there was a corresponding 3.7 percent decrease in abdominal fat over a five-year period.

2. Salmon One of the biggest food helpers on the path to weight loss is protein — preferably lean protein, which is better for the heart and overall health. The simple explanation is that a good dose takes longer to digest than carbohydrates, keeping you satisfied and therefore making you less likely to overeat between meals. It doesn’t hurt that the body burns more calories digesting proteins than it does carbs. But the intriguing thing about fish as your protein source — salmon, in particular — is that preliminary reports suggest salmon plays a role in modulating insulin levels or insulin sensitivity.

3. Nuts Most dieters shy away from nuts due to their high fat content, but research suggests almonds, peanuts and other nuts offer special weight loss benefits. It all started with a 2001 landmark study from Harvard that found that participants following a Mediterranean-style diet that included nuts and peanuts lost greater amounts of weight and stuck with the diet longer than those on a different low-fat diet. (Harvard researchers now call the Mediterranean plan the best diet for losing weight.)

Then a 2003 study in the International Journal of Obesity discovered that an almond-eating group of overweight volunteers (eating 85 grams per day or about 3 ounces) lost 62 percent more weight and 56 percent more body fat than a nut-free diet group eating the exact same number of calories but no nuts. Research also confirms that women who eat nuts have lower body mass indexes, or BMI, than women who eat little or no nuts. Speculation is that the fat and protein in nuts helps keep dieters full longer.

Whatever the reason, all researchers say the key watchword is moderation — say, a couple of small handfuls of nuts a day. Count on a handful being about one ounce of nuts: 157 pine nuts, 49 pistachios, 24 almonds, 20 walnut halves, 20 pecans, 20 hazelnuts, 18 cashews or 12 macadamia nuts. Keep in mind, you can nullify all health benefits if nuts are covered with chocolate, sugar or salt.

4. Green Tea We’ve mentioned before that green tea contains antioxidants (called polyphenols) that may fight cancer and lower cholesterol levels. But studies suggest it might be time to add fat burner — or maybe we should say belly buster — to the list of health benefits.It’s unclear how green tea promotes weight loss, but researchers suspect it may have something to do with revving up fat burning in the hours after a meal. A small 2013 Brazilian study confirms these findings. Researchers there found that overweight and obese women drinking green tea and following a program of resistance training lost more body fat, lowered their waist circumference and showed more significant increases in their resting metabolic rate than women who drank a placebo or green tea but didn't exercise.

5. Water Call it the forgotten weight loss aid, but studies continue to confirm that good old zero-calorie H2O is one of the cheapest and most effective weight-loss aids on the planet.

Will it work on a fiftysomething body? Definitely.

A 12-week 2010 Virginia Tech Study divided a group of overweight adults age 55-75 into two groups. All participants ate the same amount of calories, but half the group was asked to drink two cups of water before each meal; the other half drank no water. "We found that over the course of 12 weeks, dieters who drank water before meals, three times per day, lost about 5 pounds more than dieters who did not increase their water intake,” said Brenda Davy, an associate professor in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at Virginia Tech, senior author on the study.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Chunky to Chic!
    I love sites such as this one...and this photo says so much about how we tend to dress when we're feeling more chunky than chic, and it's not doing us any favours, that's for sure. I'm as guilty as anyone, and every time I try something on, I hear my DD's voice in my ear: frumpy...it doesn't fit! why do you need all that extra fabric?! Of course she's right. I don't.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post

Now THIS is interesting!!

Researchers analyzed the nutrient content of 'greens' according to fibre, protein, potassium and minerals they contain and these\are the results:

From the top:

Watercress 100%
    Chinese Cabbage
    Swiss Chard
    Beet Greens
    Spinach 86.43%
    Chicory
    Leaf Lettuce 70.73%
    Parsley
    Romaine 63.48%
    Collard Greens
    Turnip Greens
    Mustard Greens
    Endive
    Chives
    Kale.........49.07%.......last place!!! Talk about a veggie that's received far too much promotion for very little nutritional content!

I saw this. We always buy and eat a lot of romaine so I was happy to see it on the list! Spinach too.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Sorry to hear about the kale, we love it!! We also love spinach and eat a spinach salad at least twicea week!
    I did not have a great eating week and snuck up a pound, sorry forgot weigh in on Friday! Looking forward t a better week this week.
    ROMEO, Angela273, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sigh...well hubby was right. Those 8lbs consisted mainly of water during my bronchitis/flu...and they're back again.
    So...onward and downward!
    One month until we go to Washington and it would be nice to get into my size 16 white jeans again!!!!
    walkonby and thriftygranny like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I am 18 weeks and total of 9 lbs gained. Not too shabby!!! I am happy with this as my gain has slowed some. About 0.5 lb per week is normal for a regular pregnancy.
    ROMEO, Angela273, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I'm 15wks pregnant with twins and I am currently at -8lbs from my pre-prenancy weight because I have been so sick. My all day sickness is slowly starting to improve, but I still throw up most mornings. My blood pressure last week was only 90/46. The doctor said he'd be concerned about high blood pressure, but he's not concerned about my low blood pressure.
    Lynn49, walkonby and thriftygranny like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I have to smarten up>> forgot to post on Friday! I am down 1.5 for last week, in a pretty good diet frame of mind,so hoping this week is a few more pounds lost!
    Angela273, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    I have to smarten up>> forgot to post on Friday! I am down 1.5 for last week, in a pretty good diet frame of mind,so hoping this week is a few more pounds lost!

...I'm looking for my motivation, not sure where I left it, but I do know I'll come across it soon!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Lynn49, walkonby and Granger like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 208 of 226 FirstFirst ... 108 158 198 206 207 208 209 210 218 ... LastLast

Thread Information