User Tag List

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree596Likes

Thread: The 2013 "Other Money" Thread! "What's in YOUR Wallet?"

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Wow-well done!!

Quote Originally Posted by chillys-willy View Post
    On Mother's Day, we went to Shopper's Drug Mart and I let my DH go wild. He bought rechargable batteries, memory card, candy, and chips. I bought milk, bread, PB, pizza, and Pantene shampoo (2 for 1 couponetc. We bought a camera that was on sale for my 10yo DD. All paid for with Optimum points except the tax which I paid with a GC I bought so extra Optimum points. Over $300 in free stuff.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Hplly chi-wawa!!! You certainly are a frugal-mama! May I ask the Metro points, is it a charge card or a points card like SDM? I just started collecting points, I just passed the 10.00 threshold and I'm tickled pink, I cannot even fatham 360.00 worth. My goodness this must the same as knowing a millionaire but you are and SDM Queen. Wow. Thanks for sharing, I do not know anything about Metro points but if it is anything like your other points, good thing I am sitting down..Congratulations on your hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Building my points slowly while only buying what we need/on budget. Airmiles-=$20 Metro PC Points $281.00 CT $ on the card $69.60 SDM $360.00 Can't wait to do a Shoppers redemption but will hold off till I get the basement storage organized and see what I have/need and a great flyer!
    $avvy$hopper and ticul like this.

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Great Job everyone! I'm grinning from ear to ear as I read the updates! I'm super happy to see "new" SCers contributing to this thread and sharing of the joys of "other money" in their lives! Well done!

The loyalty programs for points, pins, miles and other types of "currency" that can be used for free products is soooo addictive! Good for you all to keep it in check and spend wisely while accumulating the points. It's a nice chunck of change when you're ready to us them!

On my end, business has picked up over the last few months so I'm on a slow ascent to "points" stardom. LOL! Slowly but surely...and I've had to cash out at smaller levels when needed. Might not have a big redemption at SDM this year but all the same Free is good!

I am happy to share what's in my wallet:

$10 in SDM points on the card
    $20 GC for groceries from a survey via clixsense...expected in June
    $20 product testing appointment booked for next week
    $20 in Airmiles - will probably use at Metro...or Shell for gas
    $13 earned via Clixsense and already back up to $3 and change!
    $10 amazon.ca e-gift certificates via and 1/2 way to another $5
    HBC points accumulating!
    CT$ accumulating!
    PC points accumulating- almost there for $20 grocery redemption.
    2 MIRs pending...approx $15 value

...and I still have the oj fpcs and a movie pass to enjoy!

Oh...and my chapmans $5 coupon! Can't forget that gem!

Oh...I've finally got a smartphone thanks to a super great deal with Fido! Aside from having a super cool phone...I can do Checkout51 now!!!!! LOL!

Hope you have a fabulous week and weekend. Happy saving and catch ya on the next update.
    Last edited by $avvy$hopper; Thu, May 30th, 2013 at 11:55 AM.
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarandme View Post
    Hplly chi-wawa!!! You certainly are a frugal-mama! May I ask the Metro points, is it a charge card or a points card like SDM? I just started collecting points, I just passed the 10.00 threshold and I'm tickled pink, I cannot even fatham 360.00 worth. My goodness this must the same as knowing a millionaire but you are and SDM Queen. Wow. Thanks for sharing, I do not know anything about Metro points but if it is anything like your other points, good thing I am sitting down..Congratulations on your hard work.
    To earn points at Metro, you just use your Air Miles Rewards Card. Swipe at Metro and any other "air miles" sponsored retailer to rack up points. Metro runs bonus miles events and sometimes Shell. Generally Spend $60 get 60 et al or you'll see bonus miles signs on products. A bunch of us SCers scored a lot of airmiles during a cereal promo. Great to combine coupons and deals to score big!
    ticul and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by blondie99 View Post
    Thanks to this thread I'm 16.00$ richer then I was yesterday thanks to mail- in rebates. I did not they would work but they do
    Awesome!!!!! this comment made my day!
    Keep it up blondie99!
    ticul likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

It's Airmiles (you have to collect for Dream or Cash now and I have mine on the Cash option) So 95 Airmiles equals $10 at Metro, Shell, Rona etc but I choose to use them at Metro on a good sale.
    Silk and oscarandme like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Sold my dog crate on Kijiji this week for $35 (used it to train her when a puppy) so not needed anymore as she roams our house good thing I sold it because had a bit of an itch to get another puppy!!! Figured have one what's another lol but I don't want extra vet bills etc
    Angela273 and ticul like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Sold my dog crate on Kijiji this week for $35 (used it to train her when a puppy) so not needed anymore as she roams our house good thing I sold it because had a bit of an itch to get another puppy!!! Figured have one what's another lol but I don't want extra vet bills etc
    Don't judge me for the way my brain thinks but I quickly scanned your post and read "sold my dog on kijiji for $35 dollars" and i was like awww but then realized you said crate
    Silk, Cocottee00 and ticul like this.

Savingyourhardearnedmoney
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hubby sold 2 screen doors, $40. Check out 51 checks came today, $84!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cliff View Post
    Don't judge me for the way my brain thinks but I quickly scanned your post and read "sold my dog on kijiji for $35 dollars" and i was like awww but then realized you said crate
    lol My kids would kill me! And I kind of like her too lol. Even Grandma that does NOT like animals likes her and offers to go to our house to let her out all the time

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Finally remembered to login to legerweb for additional surveys. Bumped my total with a few short surveys...cashed out my first $20 this morning. Looking forward to mail day!!
    Angela273, ticul and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Applied for $50 Cheque with Angus Reid (doing surveys), $15 US Gift Card for doing a survey at work and just cashed out for a $10 Amazon Gift Card - iSay! :D Woohoo
    http://frugalkris.blogspot.ca
    Check it out for my couponing, freebies and money saving experiences!
    Twitter @FrugalKris

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Is Angus Reid a good company to do Surveys with? I will try if you say it is..thanks Kris.

Quote Originally Posted by FrugalKris View Post
    Applied for $50 Cheque with Angus Reid (doing surveys), $15 US Gift Card for doing a survey at work and just cashed out for a $10 Amazon Gift Card - iSay! :D Woohoo

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Is Angus Reid a good company to do Surveys with? I will try if you say it is..thanks Kris.
    Ya they are pretty good! It did take quite a long time to cash out though cause the surveys (for me at least) same slow through the month - but i'm still happy to get $50 !!
    http://frugalkris.blogspot.ca
    Check it out for my couponing, freebies and money saving experiences!
    Twitter @FrugalKris

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FrugalKris View Post
    Can you tell me if the iSay Amazon gift cards are for ca or com?

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information