User Tag List

Page 61 of 81 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast
Like Tree3821Likes

Thread: Frugal March chatter (Marching on with Savings) cont'd Frugal Feb....

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I track coupon savings, GC's & FPC's, SCOP's and discounts through my receipts when I going shopping. I have a spread sheet I use so I can tally it monthly and then yearly.

I don't track price matching or sale prices though.
    Last edited by macw1960; Thu, Mar 21st, 2013 at 05:58 PM.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

happy birthday Giseldta
    on day 5 of no spend, i am with the rest of you sick of winter this up and down weather is crazy l have fibromyalgia haven't been feeling very good in the last few days ever thing aches

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hoping your aches & pains subside soon!

Quote Originally Posted by tammy8701 View Post
    happy birthday Giseldta
    on day 5 of no spend, i am with the rest of you sick of winter this up and down weather is crazy l have fibromyalgia haven't been feeling very good in the last few days ever thing aches
    tammy8701, gourmetsue and macw1960 like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    remeber swagbucks adds up. for me its a huge part of my Christmas budget . last year it was 350 added to it. and it helped alot.

this year. I am up to 46.00 so far, but I also bought a ton of seeds via amazon for my garden. and that will save me a ton as well.
    for me, if I am going to search for something... weather office Canada_ for the daily weather ... hotmail formy eamil, smart canucks ... whatever. I also do it via swagbucks, of gifthulk. or something that will give me points. every little bit adds up.

ok. so this week, I made homemade spray and wash- the stuff really works great.
    and homemade spray cleaner.

today is my birthday. and my husband offered to take me out. well, we are a family of 5. with a teenage boy. so i said... no.... I honeslty after working 12 hours with kids, want to stay home. so the family is making me tacos(love tacos) and veggies and dip. and I can have a bubble bath,and just relax. a much better offer then ....... going out... and my youngest is painting my toes for me.
    a much better night planned then going out in the snow.....lol
    Happy Birthday and many more
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Question of the day?

Are you tracking your grocery savings (coupons & price matching) or FPC and values?

By week?
    By month?
    By year?

Last year i did for the whole year.This year i'm doing it month by month as i think it's easier.I do coupons,FPC but not PM as i don't do much of it
    Last edited by YOU AND ME; Thu, Mar 21st, 2013 at 09:00 PM. Reason: added more
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I use a spreadsheet that I enter all of my purchases on, i think it was Cheekysaver that posted it.I love it.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I keep meaning to put all my coupon savings into the kids' RESP. I think it would be awesome that my savings helps them go to school with less debt than I had. But I never keep track of my coupons for very long. I keep forgetting!
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

Question of the day?

Are you tracking your grocery savings (coupons & price matching) or FPC and values?

By week?
    By month?
    By year?
    I just started doing this in mid February.
    I did up an excel spreadsheet which tracks Qty, Items, Size, Regular price, Sale price, Coupons, Unit OOP - Coupon, Regular Retail Total, Sales Total, Total OOP, Total Coupons Used,$Saved off retail, $ Saved off sales prices ,% saved off retail and % saved off of sales prices. Forgot to add in Scop's as a column but IF I were to get any, I could just put it in under the coupon column to show it was free.

It's probably too detailed, but I did it this way mainly because I started it for a donation project that I am working on for a church group. I wanted show them how much they are saving by using coupons. Then I just copied it for my own grocery bills.

I have tried keeping track of my savings before but was never consistent and kept forgetting to update it. This time, I make a point of updating it as soon as the groceries are put away. That way , I won't forget to do it.
    Seems to be working so far. It's not 100 % accurate as I don't always have the correct regular retail prices on things Vegetables /Fruit and Meat, as they seem to change frequently, but it is close enough.

So far this month, I have saved 50 % off the regular retail prices and 28% off of Sales prices.
    I thought the numbers would be higher than that, but it is showing me that most of the items purchased so far this month are items that I can't get coupons for. Milk, Meat, Fruit, Veggies etc.
    All in all, I am happy with the savings and am learning something about how I shop as well.
    Last edited by dreamcatcher1962; Fri, Mar 22nd, 2013 at 05:52 AM.
    Trade List /Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/382792-dreamcatcher1962s-trade-wish-lists-canada/#post5928904

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I had to laugh at my mom, she is going away to take a cake class and decided to pack food to take with her instead of eating out. I had to work so I left your the coupon bag and said if you have any questions text me. I knew she would buy a ton of items I would normally not buy. I got home after work as she was putting away the groceries and had to laugh she keep pulling stuff out and I was like did you use a coupon for this, she said no, we must have done this for about 10 items. She had already texted me earlier to day to tell me how much she spent , so I had to throw out there that I could have gotten that total down.

The final out come from this was that I now must plan all of her shopping trips for her. But the good news for me is I can now use the coupons to get the flavours of item I like since she bought herself some without the coupon. We eat a lot of the same things but at the same time we both usually eat different flavours so I almost always have to buy two of the same item, one for her, one for me. This usually isn't an issue expect when I only have one coupon than I have to see what I can do, is there something on sale the other doesn't like that I can get for a compareable after coupon price, has mom eaten her last bag (she is nitorious for wanting something and than not eating it, usually something I buy for myself she wants to try it in a flavour I don't but than it just sits there, which comes in handy because when she whines there is no food I remind her of these things and she always thinks it is new stuff I just bought her).

This weekend she is gone and my goal is to try to clean as much as I can as well as sort through out pantries and stockpiles. I already have 6 bags of clothes to be donated and I have the 2 boxes of food from work plus about 3 bags from our house for the food bank. I want to round everything up this weekend and call them all to come and pick up the first week in April.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Good morning frugal friends! Ashley, I have to load up another box for the food bank, my stockpile is starting to take over my pantry so it's definitely time!
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Okay everyone:

Please post your name for next Month's Frugal chatter for April!!!

I will get everyone to vote on what name is the most popular.

The names for far submitted are on page 1 on the 1st post, if I have missed your name please pm me or post again. As there are so many pages (61) on this thread for far - we are all doing so well....baby steps!
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Fri, Mar 22nd, 2013 at 09:04 AM.
    YOU AND ME and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Okay here are a few names I'm throwing in the hat (lol)

April Savvy Shoppers
    April's Frugal Chatter Club
    Penny-wise April
    April Savings

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Question of the Day? 2 Part Question!!!

Have you noticed a change in the way you shop, spend, do your banking, debt repayment since the Frugal Chatter Started in February?

And if so, ONLY if you wish to share what is your biggest change/accomplishment?

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Hi,
    For my suggestion is should read "April Frugally Astute" not just:
    "Frugally Astute"
    from LuvToUseCoupons
    Thanks.
    Okay here are a few names I'm throwing in the hat (lol)

April Savvy Shoppers
    April's Frugal Chatter Club
    Penny-wise April
    April Savings
    macw1960 likes this.

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Question of the day?

By week?
    By month?
    By year?
    Sadly I don't....not yet anyways...I am hoping to get to that level, but I'm just not there yet...
    but hopefully in the next couple of months...baby steps.

Page 61 of 81 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast

Thread Information