User Tag List

Page 4 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
Like Tree3821Likes

Thread: Frugal March chatter (Marching on with Savings) cont'd Frugal Feb....

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

My kids love baking so I will be going lots of that during march break! I am also setting up a scavenger hunt around my back yard, but I was going to do it treasure map style. I'm hoping the snow stays long enough that I can hide stuff in the snow. we recently moved to a house with an acre property so it's a great chance to have them explore the yard.
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

No kids here so I can't really help you on that one but you can check out the library and see if they have anything to offer.
    Total spent today was $1.15 for a tip for the waitress (forgot to bring tip money so change came from bottom of my purse)...breakfast was free because we had GC.
    lecale and jasperandchar like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Ugh definitely need to have a frugal March. I haven't been able to do my month totals for February because we moved on Tuesday and stuff is still in disarray. I have to admit that we got Mc Donalds sometime this week (I can't even remember the day its been so crazy here!!!) because we were just starved and making a meal at home consists of "where is the strainer?" "Where is the pan?" etc. It just seemed like the easiest option so DH and I did it cheaply and it came to just under $7 for both of us.

So with $10,000 on rent last month, $1200 for movers, car insurance going up this month its definitely a buckle down month. As if it wasn't obvious we had more money going out then coming in.

We're going to try and do things as frugaly as possible for the new house. We now have two bathrooms so we need a second toilet scrubber ($1 at WM!), plus we no longer have a gigantic medicine cabinet or vanity in the bathroom so I'm taking back my shelving thingie that goes over the toilet that I had previously given to my mom when we moved into the last place. She said it just collects dust at her place so thats awsome. I stole DH's snow shovel that he was using for work - hopefully he won't need it until the snow is gone . We also need two standing lamps ASAP as there are no ceiling lights in the rooms and my office is getting darker and darker as I type. Will try to hunt the free pages on kijiji for those. Just small things that you don't realise you will need.

We had to cave and order blinds as well for our GIGANTIC sliding door because of course it couldn't be average size. That was $160 or so at blinds to go. Otherwise we are making the old blinds fit as best as possible for these windows. Some windows will have small gaps and other windows will have two sets of blinds for one window. LOL. Silly looking but FREE!

Will also keep an eye out for a dining room table for free so that when we go to move again we don't necessarily have to take it with us as we didn't spend anything on it.

But I will be buying some more stockpile shelves at CT this week for $19.99 as I most certainly need them. Maybe 2 of them.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Oh and our grocery totals are going to skyrocket because my giftcard "stockpile" I had is now almost depleted with only silly ones like Tim's and bed bath and beyond left over.
    gourmetsue and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi PurpleBunny! Yahoo!!

So with $10,000 on rent last month
    Wow that is expensive! Hope you have a pool!

A one time bad month of expenses is nothing to worry about. You seem to be doing great otherwise. Really great. You're very frugal, except for rent.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I think it is time to start cleaning out our house and get rid of things like the blender we have no idea why we took from Nanny's and things we now have double of since we have ours and Nanny's.

Also need to clean out our freezer and set up my stockpile room. Oh so much to do and no free time.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Hi PurpleBunny! Yahoo!!

A one time bad month of expenses is nothing to worry about. You seem to be doing great otherwise. Really great. You're very frugal, except for rent.
    haha no, no pool, but we do have the neighbours dog peeing in our backyard. That dog sure is lucky he is old! We paid 6 months up front as we were desperate for a place + first and last so atleast I won't have to account rent for March-October

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I think it is time to start cleaning out our house and get rid of things like the blender we have no idea why we took from Nanny's and things we now have double of since we have ours and Nanny's.

Also need to clean out our freezer and set up my stockpile room. Oh so much to do and no free time.
    Don't I know the feeling! I have a stockpile room now! Its so exciting Ashley! Well its also my laundry room as well but seeing as my old "laundry room" was in our kitchen and my old "stockpile room" was where ever there was a inch of space I'm just glad the two can share their own designated room.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Yeah no rent till October , wish I could take a few months break from our mortgage.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    haha no, no pool, but we do have the neighbours dog peeing in our backyard. That dog sure is lucky he is old! We paid 6 months up front as we were desperate for a place + first and last so atleast I won't have to account rent for March-October

Congrats on the upgrade to a room, I know you will fill it up. Very soon you will just get to stand there and stare in happiness.

Don't I know the feeling! I have a stockpile room now! Its so exciting Ashley! Well its also my laundry room as well but seeing as my old "laundry room" was in our kitchen and my old "stockpile room" was where ever there was a inch of space I'm just glad the two can share their own designated room.
    Congrats on the upgrade to a stockpile room. I know you will have full it soon. Than you get to stand there and look at it, my fav part. I love yo see all my great finds but get kind of sad when we use them.

Ours started in our Laundry room and exploded outwards. I cannot wait to get everything set up but first we need to get rid of some furniture first. I am so so so ready to start some serious spring cleaning. I am pretty sure there will be a large donation to my co workers, friends and the food bank in my future.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Fri, Mar 1st, 2013 at 07:07 PM.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Hi PurpleBunny! Yahoo!!

I thought the same thing!!! LOL!

I wish that I had room for stock pile- but the joys of renos: I have very little place to put anything!

With our new puppy, I need to bite the bullet for new rain boots. However, the only ones I have found with any guarantee were $145.99 !! I have bought cheap rain boots before- but they always seem to spring a leak right about the 1 year mark. And I really HATE that!

Any ideas?
    Last edited by matty's mom; Fri, Mar 1st, 2013 at 07:21 PM.
    macw1960, jasperandchar and vesper like this.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Yeah no rent till October , wish I could take a few months break from our mortgage.

Congrats on the upgrade to a stockpile room. I know you will have full it soon. Than you get to stand there and look at it, my fav part. I love yo see all my great finds but get kind of sad when we use them.

Ours started in our Laundry room and exploded outwards. I cannot wait to get everything set up but first we need to get rid of some furniture first. I am so so so ready to start some serious spring cleaning. I am pretty sure there will be a large donation to my co workers, friends and the food bank in my future.
    Well the thing is that there isn't much room down there to put any shelves because of our baseboard heater and there is also a washroom down there as well we will need to have 2 more litter boxes to go down there as the kids can't be coming all the way up (the house has like seven mini levels) to use the potty. I've got two shelving units down there now and they are both already packed with another 10+ stockpile boxes to be unloaded. I'm basically just unpacking it all now and will organize everything later. Need to get boxes out of the way before I can start organizing.

Quote Originally Posted by matty's mom View Post
    I thought the same thing!!! LOL!

I wish that I had room for stock pile- but the joys of renos: I have very little place to put anything!

With our new puppy, I need to bite the bullet for new rain boots. However, the only ones I have found with any guarantee were $145.99 !! I have bought cheap rain boots before- but they always seem to spring a leak right about the 1 year mark. And I really HATE that!

Any ideas?
    Rain boots for the puppy or for you?

Sometimes buying the expensive pair is the same price as buying several pairs of cheap ones because the expensive ones will last longer. It just comes down to whether we all can afford to shell out that much money at once. Sorry I'm not much help, my legs have always been too wide for rain boots so I miss out
    macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

WOW I am jealous, we have been in our house over 2 years and we still aren't unpacked and now we have Nanny's stuff on top of our own. We are trying to sort through it but we have to wait for mom to have an unsentimental day. Not that we will get rid of anything special just some days she wants to keep everything, even the blender we have no idea why we took from the house. We keep looking at it and asking why we packed it and the answer always is I have no idea, yet it still lives on our living room floor.

I think I need to hire a crew to come and help us spring clean, we have so much we need to move out.

Hopefully if we go through and can get rid of stuff I can get my second freezer which I cannot wait for. I already know what I want to fill it full of fruits and veggies and some extra bread.

[QUOTE=PurpleBunny89;5301980]Well the thing is that there isn't much room down there to put any shelves because of our baseboard heater and there is also a washroom down there as well we will need to have 2 more litter boxes to go down there as the kids can't be coming all the way up (the house has like seven mini levels) to use the potty. I've got two shelving units down there now and they are both already packed with another 10+ stockpile boxes to be unloaded. I'm basically just unpacking it all now and will organize everything later. Need to get boxes out of the way before I can start organizing.[Quote]
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Fri, Mar 1st, 2013 at 08:32 PM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Wed, Jan 21st, 2015 at 08:49 AM.

Loves To Save SimplifiedMommyTips's Avatar
    Trading Score
    260 (100%)

Thanks for the info, I haven't had the chance to check flyers yet, will definitely do that before IT make my list for the week.

[
    QUOTE=jasperandchar;5300813]Glad that you are Marching on with us.

FB has chicken breasts on this week for $2.00 lbs
    Metro I don't know if it's just my store because they did a reno but check your flyer just incase - they have Lean Ground Beef on for $1.88 lbs[/QUOTE]

Loves To Save SimplifiedMommyTips's Avatar
    Trading Score
    260 (100%)

oh that is cheap but we dont have GT around here

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal Lisa View Post
    My giant tiger flier says they have arm and hammer for $0.77 this week!
    jasperandchar likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 24th, 2015 at 12:24 PM.

Page 4 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread Information