User Tag List

Page 49 of 90 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast
Like Tree4771Likes

Thread: Spring into Savings - April Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Question of the Day

Do you have a daily/weekly routine? (walk, household chores, coffee outside, laundry day, coffee with the girls etc)
    I tend to do laundry on Saturdays except our Sheets I always do our sheets on sundays. I get up everymorning around 7:15 have a shower right away on work days and have coffee.

I`m DYING for it to be nice enough to have tea on the deck at night again.

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

Inquiring minds want to know!!!

What do you do with your mix matched socks (you know the one where the SOCK MONSTER takes them from the washer or dryer) and they are never to be seen again?

Or your ratty old COMFY t-shirts?

Sock Monster ? I think I have a whole family of sock monsters in my house

I just keep the odd socks in a basket in the corner of my bedroom and go through it everytime I do laundry and find more odd socks.
    Generally the pairs eventually match up, but I do have a few that I think I will have to throw out as their mates have been mia for quite some time now, lol.
    Trade List /Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/382792-dreamcatcher1962s-trade-wish-lists-canada/#post5928904

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Ratty, soft t-shirts will be delegated as the new burp cloths for the baby. That was a tip from a frugal friend of mine.
    Love this tip, what a great idea!

We definitely have a sock monster. With DD's socks because they're so small, I put them in a lingerie bag before washing. I make sure they go in as pairs so they don't get lost. I swore each sock had a match, zipped up the bag and into the washer then dryer. When I took them out of the dryer, the zipper was still done up and 2 socks were gone! Darn sock monster!

We don't have a frugal meal day, but I will try to do at least one once a week. One of my favs and will probably make this week is goulash. Here's a link to the recipe, not a big fan of the name however lol
    http://www.food.com/recipe/poverty-meal-27520
    Last edited by amandabananda; Mon, Apr 15th, 2013 at 03:30 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amandabananda View Post

We definitely have a sock monster. With DD's socks because they're so small, I put them in a lingerie bag before washing. I make sure they go in as pairs so they don't get lost. I swore each sock had a match, zipped up the bag and into the washer then dryer. When I took them out of the dryer, the zipper was still done up and 2 socks were gone! Darn sock monster!
    I've tried the baggie thing and everytime our dryer manages to get the bag open! It also does VERY well at turning all our stuff inside out.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Finally beginning to see the end of the flu here. All three of us have been down with it. Even puppy has had less energy. Today was the best day after four days of barely being able to move.
    It has been tough. DH had to tear apart the bathroom as we sprung a leak- no surprise really as we knew it would need to be done. Just a pain though as we were trying to have a little more set aside.

One of our cheap meals is pizza or calzones. Left over chicken, beans and corn can be made into a BBQ pizza. Left over broccoli or cauliflower, tomatoes, mushrooms work well with left over ham. Another is a Frittata- or Italian baked omelette. Add left over rice or pasta, veggies and meat (often I keep a few slices of bacon or sausage back from breakfast- a little goes a long way) with some home made crusty bread and we are a happy bunch.

As for what we do with socks and t shirts- they go to work with contractor hubby.

Still winging a meal plan as it seems that all I have been making is soup. Hoping this week gets better!
    Last edited by matty's mom; Mon, Apr 15th, 2013 at 07:13 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Question of the Day

Do you have a daily/weekly routine? (walk, household chores, coffee outside, laundry day, coffee with the girls etc)
    Not anymore, unfortunately. Everything is dependent upon my health each day - I have several chronic conditions, so it depends upon if one is currently rearing its ugly head or not! Or, if the oldster aches and pains are in the way...

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

To those of you who are ill:

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I tried your vinegar and hot water and I'm sold on it (lol), I did a wipe down on everything in the bathroom and it's shining and the floor sparkles too, thanks for posting this is a great cleaning solution.

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Feel for all you who are ill....I'm still recovering from a horrible case of the flu. It's been two weeks now and I still am waiting to get my energy back.

Anyway, time to think frugal again I'm going to get a load of towels up on the line outside today, attempt to wash the kitchen floor (using very warm water/vinegar solution), and make spaghetti sauce for tonight's dinner. And just maybe I'll find some energy to bake some cookies...my boys have been deprived while I was sick.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

awesome stuff

Quote Originally Posted by amandabananda View Post
    Love this tip, what a great idea!

We don't have a frugal meal day, but I will try to do at least one once a week. One of my favs and will probably make this week is goulash. Here's a link to the recipe, not a big fan of the name however lol
    http://www.food.com/recipe/poverty-meal-27520

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

House full of sick people especially kids is not fun, hope you feel better very soon. Enjoy the soup and try and relax when or if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by matty's mom View Post
    Finally beginning to see the end of the flu here. All three of us have been down with it. Even puppy has had less energy. Today was the best day after four days of barely being able to move.
    It has been tough. DH had to tear apart the bathroom as we spring a leak- no surprise really as we knew it woul need to be done. Just a pain though as we were trying to have a little more set aside.

One of our cheap meals is pizza or calzones. Left over chicken, beans and corn can be made into a BBQ pizza. Left over broccoli or cauliflower, tomatoes, mushrooms work well with left over ham. Another is a Frittata- or Italian baked omelette. Add left over rice or pasta, veggies and meat (often I keep a few slices of bacon or sausage back from breakfast- a little goes a long way) with some home made crusty bread and we are a happy bunch.

As for what we do with socks and t shirts- they go to work with contractor hubby.

Still winging a meal plan as it seems that all I have been making is soup. Hoping this week gets better!
    matty's mom likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

My plan for tomorrow is to make homemade soup with the chicken carcass, frozen potato water, 1/2 a tomato that looks likes it seen better days (lol).

Also plan to tackle the kitchen cupboards and maybe re-organize/replenish the pantry with items from downstairs.

Wash both kids bed sheets and shower curtain.
    Crochetlady and thriftygranny like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I was pretty busy today. I obviously took care of our active 7 month old baby boy. While he had a nap this morning I washed up the dishes, counters, swept and washed the floor. A little later in the day I had LO playing on the kitchen floor while I scrubbed the lower cupboard doors, baseboards, and part of the walls. Took LO with me to my monthly board meeting at 4:30pm.

I received some great coupons in the mail today and put some rare FPCs up for trade.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Originally Posted by jasperandchar
    Question of the Day

Depends on the day if I am working at the office or at home.I am an early riser and I need at least a half an hour with my coffee before the rest of the house stirs!! I usually have my coffee ,check Smart Canucks and my emails and organize any paperwork I need for the day. The boy child gets up at 7:30 and we usually have a visit while he has his smoothie and bagel,and I do a kitchen tidy and get the lunches in bags.Drop him at school for 8:40 and I am off to the office or back home to work.I am fortunate to come home by 3:00 pm if I am working so this is when I prepare supper and throw a load of laundry in. We have supper by 6 and I make lunches for the following day before I do dishes. I usually take Irma and Oprah the dogs for about a 4 k walk and then home to relax to start again!! Oh and I do a lot of driving of teenagers after school to various activities. Friday is the day to do heavy cleaning, I do the bedding ,dust ,vacum,and the bathrooms.If there is a really good sale for the start of flyer week I will run first thing in the morning before I start the day of cleaning!!Saturdays are catch up days on whatever has been swept under the carpet and Sundays are family dinner days when the older kids and spouses come for dinner and a visit and pick up the great deals I have gotten for them the past week!!
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Mon, Apr 15th, 2013 at 09:54 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I think i saw this tip somewhere on SmartCanucks in the last few days - cant remember who shared it but it worked. Someone said to put a ball of tinfoil in the dryer to reduce static build up in clothing. For the first time since i moved my work pants came out oif the dryer static free. We've been using bounce all the time but tossing that tinfoil in was like magic.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

UGG! Getting back into the swing of things with work is taking it's toll on me. Trying to get everything done is proving to be difficult. Just need to find a grove.

Bought 2 club packs of extra lean ground beef yesterday (they were out on the weekend) for an awesome price. Fried up one whole pack and put it in packages ready to go in the freezer. Then packaged up the rest. I was going to turn it into meatloaf (all mixed then frozen) but changed my mind. We won't need ground beef for a long time!!

This week's meal plan...
    Sunday Roast chicken
    Monday Meat loaf (I premake it and freeze it then I just have to defrost and cook. Super easy on a work night)
    Tuesday Chicken Pesto
    Wednesday Turkey cacciatore
    Thursday Quiche
    Friday Spagetti
    Saturday Turkey Puff Caserole
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Page 49 of 90 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast

Thread Information