User Tag List

Page 59 of 90 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast
Like Tree4771Likes

Thread: Spring into Savings - April Frugal Chatter

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

gwennad, get yourself some scrunges and i think its called Cerama Bryte..
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Morning girls!
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matty's mom View Post
    Anything meatball.... it always goes so fast. Sweet and sour, teriyaki, swedish, it doesn't seem to matter. Grey cup/sports party? Buffalo Chicken meatballs (these are always are the first to go!) Between church and my last job, I have been to A LOT of pot lucks, meatballs seem to be a home run every time.
    Me too lol I was just gonna say this. Would love your recipe for the buffalo chicken that sounds yummy!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

We use the Vileda Scrunge for Glass Top Stoves and they work great. They can be used wet or dry (we do both depends on what is stuck on the stove). I got a bunch of the single packs on Clearance at Metro for $1.99 and used a $3 WUB2 so I got I think 10 packs for $0.49 each.

Quote Originally Posted by gwennad View Post
    Morning ladies. I thought one of you might be able to help me. I moved into a new place and it has a flat top stove, instead of the one with the rings that you use the tin foil things in. So now I've been there awhile and am having a really hard time cleaning the top of it! I don't want to scratch it but stuff boils over, I'm not the best cook I don't want to use anything too harsh but I can't get it clean. Any ideas? I've used regular soap and water and tried those clorox wipes, but none of it seems to really work that well. Thanks

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Thanks, I'll have to look for the Vileda Scrunge. I have a few of the sample magic erasers but I don't think it's the same thing. And I'll have to see if I have any coupons for them
    Crochetlady and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Congrats on the gift card win for Dulux! Sad day indeed to have to purchase pasta, there is apparently a .50 Barilla coupon out, I personally have not seen it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by matty's mom View Post
    What is my time saving tip?

My dishwasher. As I make everything from near scratch, it runs at least once a day. And I am grateful. It saves me time to do other things.

On a different note- I just won a $100 Dulux gift card!!!! I am so excited! I don't win things. With the renos, I will take free paint! And they have one of the best eco paints around, which is how I think I got the entry in the first place. VERY HAPPY!

On a sad note- just used the last of my barilla boxes. So, need to buy pasta. Now that was a cheap meal. Barilla for $.22 + homemade from the garden tomato sauce + peppers from garden + free roasted EB veggies + free hamburger. Feeds 4 just fine!

Has anyone tried the Barilla whole grain pasta? Is it any good?
    Crochetlady and matty's mom like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

great question saundyl!

Scalloped potatoes, yummy and inexpensive.

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Inquiring minds wants to know...

What meal is your favourite to take to a community or potluck dinner?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Do you have a recipe for the wonton soup broth that you would be willing to share?

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    It's taken this long to find a video. I couldn't find the one I saw originally, which was dubbed over in English. There are a lot of YT videos that overcomplicate the process. We use the "flower bud" shape that I was taught when I was little.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wUiwMOa-BI

I tried to insert the link, but it didn't work for some reason. This video is just about the folding, depending on the age of your little ones.

I use a package of shrimp (or 200 g or so), de-veined and quartered for the little ones or cut into eighths if you're using large tiger shrimp
    1 bunch of green onion (washed and diced)
    1 - 1.5 lb lean ground pork
    1 egg (optional, Dad always puts it in)
    white ground pepper to taste (I've been leaving it out for the past few years)
    salt to taste (I've been leaving it out for low-sodium diets - the broth has enough sodium)

1 additional egg to seal the wontons, beaten
    1 package of wonton wrappers (thin squares, likely found in the soy milk or tofu section of your local grocery store)

Mix all ingredients and spoon into individual wonton wrappers. Make wontons as per video, sealing the edges with your finger dipped in the egg. Freeze. Boil when ready to eat. That's it!
    Caseythegoalie likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Morning to you as well, how are the kiddos?

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    Morning girls!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Good Morning everyone!!
    I love potlucks and I usually bring a layered chicken salad or chocolate cake!!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Do you have a recipe for the wonton soup broth that you would be willing to share?
    We just use chicken broth.

Mum would do it the homemade way, taking hours to boil meat and bones down in a huge stockpot, filter it, and add vegetables the day before. My sister and I agree that we don't have all day to watch the stove as she used to. She practically lived in the kitchen and it was her profession.

You can also buy wonton noodles (sold in the fresh noodle sections near the tofu) and toss in leafy greens like the baby bok choy advertised in No Frills/Real Canadian Superstores. Everything can be frozen (we add the vegetables fresh, cut up and washed) and it's a few minutes to one pot cooking dinner. Toss in everything and bring to a boil (vegetables in the last minutes). It's our go-to meal when we've only got 5 minutes or less.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi everyone! I had a question and posted a thread, but this seems to be the helpful thread on here, I was wondering about granola bars. The no name ones are on sale for $.99 at super c this week, but Quaker ones are on for $1.44 at fresh co. I also have a bunch of the free trop. Wub 3 Quaker, so what is the better deal? I don't want to plan to get the Quaker ones just to use the coupon. Maybe I'm over thinking it?? Anyone have any opinions or want to share what they are doing if buying bars this week?

Ps, we use 3 boxes of bars a week so I will be buying atleast 6 no matter what way I go.

Thanks!
    Crochetlady and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I use this razor blade that is for the glass tops plus a yellow sponge like item that came in the kit. Also use the liquid cleaner specifically for these stoves.

Quote Originally Posted by gwennad View Post
    Thanks, I'll have to look for the Vileda Scrunge. I have a few of the sample magic erasers but I don't think it's the same thing. And I'll have to see if I have any coupons for them

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I love potlucks, baby showers, bridal showers because of the food (lol)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Good Morning everyone!!
    I love potlucks and I usually bring a layered chicken salad or chocolate cake!!
    Crochetlady and Angela273 like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

It depends on the quantity each box and also have you purchased the Super C ones before and will the kids/adults eat them and like them? Also would you normally purchase orange juice? If purchasing the Quaker it would be broken down to vs. the Super C. so essentially you are paying $1.22 for the orange juice if you do the Quaker vs. Super C but like I said are the # of granola bars the same in each case? Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal ottawa View Post
    Hi everyone! I had a question and posted a thread, but this seems to be the helpful thread on here, I was wondering about granola bars. The no name ones are on sale for $.99 at super c this week, but Quaker ones are on for $1.44 at fresh co. I also have a bunch of the free trop. Wub 3 Quaker, so what is the better deal? I don't want to plan to get the Quaker ones just to use the coupon. Maybe I'm over thinking it?? Anyone have any opinions or want to share what they are doing if buying bars this week?

Ps, we use 3 boxes of bars a week so I will be buying atleast 6 no matter what way I go.

Thanks!

Page 59 of 90 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast

Thread Information