Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1343
Like Tree4771Likes

Thread: Spring into Savings - April Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    dreamcatcher1962,

What sort of items did you include in last years baskets it might lend us a hand in providing suggestions? Was it household items or mismatched items or themed items?

I would say look for glade or airwick starter kits on clearance great coupons out there or the glade candles. If you have the crest/scope $1.00 mouthwash coupons you can purchase the trial size at WM for $1.00 = free

Also maybe making homemade soap, purchase some loafpans from a yard sale it's supposed to be super easy it's on my to do list for Christmas this year.
    Last years items were mismatched, not all baskets were the same.
    Some of the items were:

Dial Liquid Hand Soap Refills
    Men's Deodorant
    Ladies Bodywash
    Old Dutch Potato Chips
    Toothbrushes
    Nestea
    Resolve Spray & Wash
    Tile Coasters
    A Christmas Ornament
    2 Bottles of Wine

I may have put homemade cookies in them as well, I can't remember.

The homemade soap sounds interesting. dd wants to try making it but I have always been leary about working with lye, that is the only thing holding me back from trying it.
    If you do make it, let me know how it goes.
    Angela273 likes this.
    Trade List /Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/382792-dreamcatcher1962s-trade-wish-lists-canada/#post5928904

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Congrats on your big refund!

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I am waiting for my large tax return. It is going to pay for a new tin roof on the house, $1,500 in maintenance repairs on my truck, and a good chunk to put onto my student loan...then it will be all gone. This is my biggest tax return, it is so easy to spend on large but necessary expenses.
    Angela273 likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

If you have Bell - Extreme Couponing re-runs are on channel 521 right now (2pm & 230PM)!

It gets me all into coupon mode and then I go visit my stockpile

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

You probably have thought of this but if not what about taking part in the MIR (mail in rebates) like Finish, Resolve and glade currently, you could separate the Finish tablets into your basket or give the whole thing to 1 basket.

Also Red Plum coming out has $1.00 on Barilla so you are probably looking for these. I'm thinking that perhaps any sample sizes you get could also be included if you wish. We all get samples we don't want or can't use.

Mustard with the .75 coupons, now I'm stumped (lol).

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher1962 View Post
    Last years items were mismatched, not all baskets were the same.
    Some of the items were:

Dial Liquid Hand Soap Refills
    Men's Deodorant
    Ladies Bodywash
    Old Dutch Potato Chips
    Toothbrushes
    Nestea
    Resolve Spray & Wash
    Tile Coasters
    A Christmas Ornament
    2 Bottles of Wine

I may have put homemade cookies in them as well, I can't remember.

The homemade soap sounds interesting. dd wants to try making it but I have always been leary about working with lye, that is the only thing holding me back from trying it.
    If you do make it, let me know how it goes.
    dreamcatcher1962 likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I have transferred all the food recipes and cleaning recipes that I saw (if I missed one please pm me and I will gladly include it).

Now off to do April...should keep me busy for the next 3 days (lol).

Everyone is doing so awesome, I love reading all the posts, positive vibes and recipes of course.

Keep up the great job ladies and if you have a friend on SC please send them an invite, the more the merrier'

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    You probably have thought of this but if not what about taking part in the MIR (mail in rebates) like Finish, Resolve and glade currently, you could separate the Finish tablets into your basket or give the whole thing to 1 basket.

Also Red Plum coming out has $1.00 on Barilla so you are probably looking for these. I'm thinking that perhaps any sample sizes you get could also be included if you wish. We all get samples we don't want or can't use.

Mustard with the .75 coupons, now I'm stumped (lol).

LOL, got the Mustard

Good idea on the Barilla, yes I will be looking for those.
    I did get a bunch of trial size Shampoo & Lotion when Zellers was closing out.
    As far as the Finish Tablets go, I don't have multiple addresses to use so will skip the MIR idea.
    Thanks for the suggestions though, I will likely do some baking and also put in home made jams/jellies as well.
    Crochetlady and jasperandchar like this.
    Trade List /Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/382792-dreamcatcher1962s-trade-wish-lists-canada/#post5928904

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

hey ladies!
    been working the past couple days and getting ready for our trip (we leave Thursday am).
    hope you are all enjoying this weather!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

wishing you a wonderful vacation, see you soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    hey ladies!
    been working the past couple days and getting ready for our trip (we leave Thursday am).
    hope you are all enjoying this weather!
    Angela273 and Caseythegoalie like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

April yays

Forward budget - i.e. this amount to spend on, instead of paying off money spent - I liken it to using this weeks paycheck for the upcoming week instead of last weeks spending habits

Meal plan - I was skeptical, but it is making a huge difference not only in budget keeping, but time and arguments (most people argue about money, my DH and I argue about food, especially since we are new to gluten-free cooking for our DD with Celiac -diagnosed almost a year ago now)

Looking forward to May...I think I need to ditch some unhealthy spending/eating habits in may gah, the curse of drive thrus and being a working mommy!!!
    Last edited by Granger; Tue, Apr 30th, 2013 at 09:35 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Managed to come in under budget this month- just. But now the fun begins. The bathroom has been gutted and I have to decide on tile in the next couple of days.

DH was given enough Carrarra mable (from a job where the customer change their mind) for our floor- but I don't think I want it. I have been looking at tile and the only way I can find anything that looks good with the marble- is marble. It is so porous and sensitive. One bit of blue toothpaste on floor and... stain!!. All I can think is in the main bathroom, I am not sure it is so practical.
    Anyone with any experience with this?
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Go, people, Go! I admire your determination! You are models for us all! - PS Jasperandchar - Dandelion jelly? We have lots of dandelions - how do you make it and what would you use it on? Where do you find dandelions that haven't been sprayed with chemicals - I know - your yard, right?
    jasperandchar likes this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gourmetsue View Post
    Great Idea. I bit off more than i could chew last year with 200lbs of tomatoes. I made 31 litres of sauce and canned that but then ran out of time. That being said, it only cost $40 for 200lbs and I have had a lot of meals out of them so far.
    Where did you get 200lbs of tomatos??
    Angela273 and jasperandchar like this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matty's mom View Post
    Managed to come in under budget this month- just. But now the fun begins. The bathroom has been gutted and I have to decide on tile in the next couple of days.

DH was given enough Carrarra mable (from a job where the customer change their mind) for our floor- but I don't think I want it. I have been looking at tile and the only way I can find anything that looks good with the marble- is marble. It is so porous and sensitive. One bit of blue toothpaste on floor and... stain!!. All I can think is in the main bathroom, I am not sure it is so practical.
    We bought a marble table at the Brick last fall (paid for with GC received in lieu of gifts and from selling items in the house we aren't using anymore! So proud that we paid for it all upfront without credit!). I will never, ever again buy a marble. We bought it cause we figured it would hold up to the kids' abuse. And it does, but it stains really easily. Plah doh, uncleaned orange juice, paint (that was cleaned up right away). You name it, it is now stained on the table. Hindsight being 20-20 but next time we'll use table clothes. I didn't cause I didn't want to wash them every 5minutes. But it would have prevented many of the stains.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matty's mom View Post

Would you be able to sell the marble and use the money towards tile that is suitable to your needs?
    Insane and jasperandchar like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I wonder if you could use the marble as a back splash in the kitchen or to tile the bathroom shower?
    Crochetlady and jasperandchar like this.

Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 LastLast

Thread Information