Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree284Likes

Thread: Boston Marathon hit by explosions

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Then read some history, lady.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Just listening to a former BIL of those murderers...seems he knew of a guy who influenced Tamerlan (only a first name, can't remember it), who was a "very devout" Muslim, and he feels that there's more than just the two of them getting radicalized over the internet. I feel that also....everything changed so fast for them re their beliefs and they were so confident going ahead with their plan to kill.

Did you hear that they didn't kill the gay whose car they hijacked because he wasn't American?
    Can you imagine how his wife feels? Wondering if he hated her,too and just used her as a prop to make everyone think he bought into US family life? And of course she had to become Muslim and wear that headscarf, AND work while his highness stayed home with their daughter...

Did they live with her family? In which case it was her Mother who probably looked after the tot, giving him all the time in the world to hatch that diabolical plan.....
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Apr 24th, 2013 at 10:20 AM.
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

"very devout" muslims don't go around bombing and killing and preaching hate. to assume that someone described as 'very devout' is a militant minded person with a twisted view on things isn't necessarily fair. also on the flip side, to assume that someone who IS militant minded with a twisted view on things is a representative of those who ARE devout, that isn't right either.

also using the term "islamist", as many people do, to describe someone who is muslim and militant is just a way for the general public to demonize Islam, making it sound like Islam = hate/violence.

when muslims say that Islam is a religion of peace, they aren't bull$#itting. it is. but there are bad people everywhere, who are either not practicing the faith as it should be practiced, or who are very seriously uneducated about the faith and rely on other people for their religious education (very wrong in itself)

my mom wears a scarf, adopting it much later in life. is she evil?
    i pray 5 times a day to Allah, am i evil?

i don't take assumption and prejudice personally, but it bugs me a little when ppl assume many things based on tiny smidges of info. certain things are transformed into symbols to represent one side of an issue.

people who do bad things deserve what the law brings to them. everyone deserves justice.
    DaveP likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Anisa....that's why when I said "devout Muslim" I used these: " "...I was being sarcastic, meaning HE thought of himself as a devout muslim with twisted views of his religion.
    As for his wife wearing a head-scarf, my point was that she didn't wear one until he came back from Russia, apparently, and became a radical.
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    talk to people who've been affected by terrorists attcks from so-called Christains on both sides of the divide as well as those affected by bombings by Islamic extremeists..
    There is a difference between an individual of a certain faith committing an atrocity and an individual committing an atrocity for a certain faith.

Unless the Anglicans and Catholics were at each other's throats as a result of the Archbishop of Canterbury refusing to kiss the Pope's toes, there is no comparison to these horrors.

(Apologies if my post offends, I'm tired of defending Catholics)
    Natalka likes this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    There is a difference between an individual of a certain faith committing an atrocity and an individual committing an atrocity for a certain faith.

Unless the Anglicans and Catholics were at each other's throats as a result of the Archbishop of Canterbury refusing to kiss the Pope's toes, there is no comparison to these horrors.

(Apologies if my post offends, I'm tired of defending Catholics)
    Indeed..these people were using their respective religions to inflict reigns of terror not only over thier "opponents" but over those who followed the same faith.

equal oppotunity scumbags..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

forget it...Im done with that poster....
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Wed, Apr 24th, 2013 at 11:23 PM.
    DaveP likes this.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

The Boston Police department says they've taken three more people into custody in the Boston Marathon bombings.

Their message, sent by Twitter on Wednesday at approximately 11 a.m., promised more details to follow.
    DaveP and xox2010 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

They are said to be college students arrested on federal charges of "harboring/aiding the bombing suspects after the fact."

A source tells the Globe that the three were connected to Dzhokhar Tsarnaev at UMass Dartmouth and helped him after the fact.

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/th...-investigation
    Last edited by Natalka; Wed, May 1st, 2013 at 11:46 AM.
    DaveP and xox2010 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

(CNN) -- A laptop, some empty fireworks and a jar of Vaseline landed three friends of Boston Marathon bomb suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev in jail Wednesday, charged with trying to throw investigators off their buddy's trail.
    Those are the items federal prosecutors say Azamat Tazhayakov, Dias Kadyrbayev and Robel Phillipos took from Tsarnaev's dorm room at the University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth in the hours after the FBI released photos of Tsarnaev and his brother Tamerlan, the suspects in the marathon bombings. According to FBI affidavits, they quickly recognized their friend from the pictures.
    When Kadyrbayev texted his friend to tell him "he looked like the suspect on television," Tsarnaev texted back "lol" and added, "come to my room and take whatever you want," the affidavit states. Phillipos, Tazhayakov and Kadyrbayev went to the room, where Kadyrbayev noticed a backpack containing fireworks that had been "opened and emptied of powder," according to the affidavit.
    "Kadyrbayev knew when he saw the empty fireworks that Tsarnaev was involved in the marathon bombing," the affidavit states.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/01/us/bos...?iref=obinsite

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Pro-Tsarnaev banners in Chechnya

Posters expressing support for the man charged with last month's bombings at the Boston Marathon have been put up on walls in Chechnya's capital, Grozny.
    It is not clear who is behind the posters declaring Dzhokhar Tsarnaev "not guilty", which appeared after Russia's May Day celebrations.
    They show pictures of Mr Tsarnaev and his mother, Zubeidat, and include an appeal for online donations.
    The Tsarnaev family are ethnic Chechens but have lived mostly outside Chechnya.
    Residents of Grozny say the posters most likely came from someone trying to make money out of the Boston Marathon bombings.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Boston bombing suspect buried

Boston bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev has been buried at an undisclosed location, Massachusetts police say.

Tsarnaev's body "is no longer in the City of Worcester and is now entombed", a police statement said.
    Authorities had been struggling to find a community willing to accept Tsarnaev's body.
    The announcement came as the first hearing into the bombing was held in the US House of Representatives.

Tsarnaev was killed during a manhunt after last month's bombing, which killed three and injured more than 260.
    Dozens of protesters picketed the Worcester funeral home holding his body last week.

"As a result of our public appeal for help, a courageous and compassionate individual came forward to provide the assistance needed to properly bury the deceased," a police statement said.

The statement also thanked "the community that provided the burial site".

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Mounting evidence Boston bombers involved in 2011 triple murder

In the wake of the Marathon bombings, Middlesex County began to probe a link between the elder Tsarnaev and Brendan Mess, one of the three men killed in the gruesome slaying on Sept. 11, 2011. Officials said Mess and two men were found in a Waltham residence with their throats slit and their bodies covered with marijuana. Tamerlan and Mess were once roommates and did boxing and martial arts training together.
    Now law enforcement officials tell ABC News that some crime scene forensic evidence provided a match to the two Tsarnaev brothers. The officials also said records of cell phones used by the Tsarnaevs appears to put them in the area of the murders on that date. Several officials confirmed the new findings but declined to be identified because they are not authorized to comment on the ongoing investigation.
    Through a spokesperson, the newly-appointed Middlesex District Attorney, Marian Ryan, declined to comment on the brothers' possible involvement in the 2011 murder. Miriam Conrad, one of the attorneys representing Dzhokhar Tsarnaev in the bombing case, also declined to comment through her legal assistant.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Thousands walk, run final mile of Boston Marathon

Rosy Spraker was only a half-mile from the finish line of her seventh Boston Marathon when the bombs went off. She received her medal later in the mail at her Lorton, Va., home. But she couldn’t bring herself to wear it until Saturday, when she and thousands of other athletes joined victims of the blast to run and walk the last mile of the race. “Now I feel like I’ve earned my medal,” Spraker said, beaming, after she crossed the Boylston Street finish line, encouraged by a cheering crowd. “I wanted to run for the victims, for freedom, to show the world that nothing is going to stop us.”
    “Somebody that thinks that they’re going to stop a marathoner from running doesn’t understand the mentality of a marathoner,” said her husband, Lesley, after he placed the medal around Spraker’s neck.
    On April 15, explosions near the finish line killed three people and wounded more than 260.
    On Saturday morning, about 3,000 runners and bombing victims gathered in light rain to run the final mile of the world’s oldest annual marathon, said Kathleen McGonagle, spokeswoman for those organizing the event known as OneRun.
    OneRun honors victims and emergency workers and allows runners to reclaim the final mile, McGonagle said.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information