User Tag List

Page 31 of 116 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 ... LastLast
Like Tree5786Likes

Thread: May the Savings be with you - May Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Speaking of snacks, I do have the kids stuff on a shelf he can reach, so he can go grab what he wants easily. I try to limit it, so if I buy a pack of something at Costco I only put out a few of them. He can't open the fridge himself and I want to clean up the ktichen table (it's where my magazines and coupons go to die lmao) so I can put a fruit basket on there, then he can see it and will eat it. Though he is good at asking for fruit when he wants it. Since the boy can't normally open the packages himself (like a granola bar or a fruit snack) he brings to me to open. So I do know what he's eating and how much.

I am one how likes snacks to be ready to go myself, if it's not ready to eat I'm not likely to eat it. So I need to do better at that myself.

We are going to Costco Saturday so I can make more beef jerky, the last batch lasted 3 weeks, though the last week I didn't actually get to eat any of it... I want to take some down to my dad when we go visit. It is one thing that I think is pretty healthy as I make it myself so I know what's in it, and it's filling. Jackson eats it for breakfast on the way to daycare... he's not really a toast kind of kid lol.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    If you are talking about on SC I have 16 most of which are people that are no longer active on SC. And with respect to facebook most of my friends are people who are members of the coupon group I run that actually don't come to the meetings and otherwise don't communicate with me unless they have coupon related questions.

I see your friend list and it's bigger than mine.
    Friends come in all types. Even SC ones. There have been a lot of people touched by the lives of others here, and a lot of RAOKs going around!

Loves To Save SimplifiedMommyTips's Avatar
    Trading Score
    260 (100%)

Went to freshco yesterday and they have lots of reduced meat at 60% off including ground beef at $2 each pack of 500 gms, took like 9 packs and made batches for pasta sauces and got some stewing beef for same discounted price, I am set for the next two weeks .Since the weather is nice almost everyday I get to go out with dd to pick up my sons and no time to visit the forum lol, but will try to log in as much as I can, happy savings..

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Again there are no good meat sales. I just know there is going to be a week where between all the stores almost every cut/type of meat we eat will be on sale and it is going to cost me a fortune to stock up.
    jasperandchar and Frugal Lisa like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I change when I get home form work -into shorts-t-shirt-or jeans -to save on my clothes and be just plain comfy-snacks well whenever it goes it goes -and baked goods to no kids in my house anymore so hubby and I eat whatever snacks we feel like in moderation of course

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I was at FB today and saw lots of steaks reduced. I remembered my freezer full of meat so walked on by.

Tonight I made a casserole of leftover turkey, peas and carrots mixed with cream of mushroom soup and covered with leftover stuffing. DH won`t eat it so I`m sure some of it will end up in the freezer as well.
    Last edited by Crochetlady; Thu, May 9th, 2013 at 05:44 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

wowzers 60% off meat not here (lol), we miss you

Quote Originally Posted by SimplifiedMommyTips View Post
    Went to freshco yesterday and they have lots of reduced meat at 60% off including ground beef at $2 each pack of 500 gms, took like 9 packs and made batches for pasta sauces and got some stewing beef for same discounted price, I am set for the next two weeks .Since the weather is nice almost everyday I get to go out with dd to pick up my sons and no time to visit the forum lol, but will try to log in as much as I can, happy savings..
    Angela273, cath007 and Frugal Lisa like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Funny you should say this as I've been thinking the same thing for the last month.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Again there are no good meat sales. I just know there is going to be a week where between all the stores almost every cut/type of meat we eat will be on sale and it is going to cost me a fortune to stock up.
    SassyAshley and Frugal Lisa like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SimplifiedMommyTips View Post

Your lucky here it's 30% at Loblaws and Maxi used to be 50%,my sil who worked there at the time asked why they reduced it from 50% to 30%,he said it was because people were buying only discounted meats.They don't stop to think maybe some people can't afford the price of meat today.I usually good Wednesday night or Thursday morning when they reduce the meat.My IGA,Metro or Super C don't reduce their meat

My friend just bought me 10 links of Roma Hot Italian sausage links i have to do something with them tomorrow as they were frozen and thawed out any IDEAS.I want to make tortieres tomorrow also i guess i'll be busy.

Yesterday did all my windows inside and out ,i'm feeling it today
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Wed, Jan 21st, 2015 at 07:59 AM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Some places have ridiculous meat prices. There are some places where even when meat is marked down the price is still too high. I find Real Canadian Superstore is like this, even when they mark it down it is still more expensive than other places.

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    Your lucky here it's 30% at Loblaws and Maxi used to be 50%,my sil who worked there at the time asked why they reduced it from 50% to 30%,he said it was because people were buying only discounted meats.They don't stop to think maybe some people can't afford the price of meat today.I usually good Wednesday night or Thursday morning when they reduce the meat.My IGA,Metro or Super C don't reduce their meat

My friend just bought me 10 links of Roma Hot Italian sausage links i have to do something with them tomorrow as they were frozen and thawed out any IDEAS.I want to make tortieres tomorrow also i guess i'll be busy.

Yesterday did all my windows inside and out ,i'm feeling it today

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    break the sausage meat out of its casings and fry it up like burger, make lasagna from it,
    bbq them all and use leftovers in jambalaya
    Or pizza! Did this today with the cheap turkey italian sausage that we got @ Metro (along with some wings w/coupons and pork rib roast.

If anyone is interested, Walmart is clearing stuff out online. I just ordered DS a new toy for post surgery (July 18). It is the Chuck the Truck Racer Along. It was $11.30 with free shipping. I had been looking at it when it first came out for $49.00.

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/tonka-ra...Box=&addFacet=

Today was a sad day for little man. FIL aka "Pop", left to go back home for NL this morning. It means that meals and groceries will be A LOT cheaper as he is a meat and potatoes man. That is probably why I made homemade pizza and hot bacon dressing for the spinach salad. Both of which he would not eat. But YUMMY! Sigh... bacon makes everything takes better!

And as for work clothes- I always change when I get home, it isn't about comfort so much as it is how friggin' dirty my home is with all the drywall dust etc from the renos!
    Last edited by matty's mom; Thu, May 9th, 2013 at 09:12 PM.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Wah!!!! Just got my pay check...$200 less than expected! My tax deductions keep changing (increasing). I have emailed payroll to figure out what is going on. My current budget is based on a estimated deductions figure from before I returned to work from mat. leave. My first net pay two months ago was $300 more than this one. $300 is a huge difference in a biweekly budget and pay!!!

I feel better just telling you all. I may be getting creative in the months to come. My salary is already reduced from normal due to the proportion of the number of days I work until summer (teacher) and the number of pays left. I am going to be the only teacher wishing on September the day summer vacation starts so I can go back to full salary and stress less about the books.

On the bright side, thanks to you all I still saved $40 last week!!!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

got the presidents choice flower flyer in the mail today. It has a rain barrel for 40.00!! killer deal. I do believe I will get one this weekend. hoping for a huge savings on my garden this year.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

made 25.00 from kijiji yesterday -yep it all ads up and I am condensing the house of stuff I don't use anymore-awesome spring feeling to be able to get rid of stuff and get a bit of money for it-made enough to cover a money wedding gift in 2 weeks time-yahoo

Page 31 of 116 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 ... LastLast

Thread Information