User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree163Likes

Thread: Anyone else have bad neighbors?

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by princessjen View Post
    My neighbour at my cottage is the biggest #@#% ever! He likes to blast his stereo 24/7 across the entire lake. And its not good music either, its like Johnny Cash and music from the 40's and 50's. Its so loud, that my mom has to take a sleeping pill in order to sleep and it takes me hours to fall asleep. We cant watch tv or sometimes ever talk to the person next to us, his music is so loud.

I dont know why he even has a cottage in the first place, he never swims or does any cottage stuff. All he does is sit on his deck, drink beer and burp and hoark every 5 minutes. There is nothing more disgusting than sitting outside eatting dinner and listening to someone constantly burp and spit plegm every couple of minutes.

He is such a red-neck pig. He referrs to his gf as mama. ugh
    Sounds like a red- neck pig to me if anyone other than my kids called me mama they would be looking at the side of my hand
    Last edited by YOU AND ME; Sun, May 5th, 2013 at 04:47 PM.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krrosell View Post
    I have only had problems with the new neighbors on the floor above us. They moved in January and it has been miserable since then. There is 2 men and 1 female (in a two bedroom) and they have loud parties all night long (they were still partying at 6am when i had to get up for work one morning) and they scrape their furniture all over the apartment, sounds like they are bowling with furniture some days. They also flick cigarettes off of their balcony all the time and spit over the balcony. We have had cigarrette (and other types) of butts on our balcony because of them. One morning we were woken up at 2am with one of the guys yelling at someone, after 30 min of this we called up over our balcony and tapped on the ceiling for them to be quiet. They would not so we ended up calling our Super and told her the next call was the police. We filed a formal complaint after that (about 1 month ago) and we have only complained 1 time since then and they immediately quieted down after the Super called them.
    I have to get up for work between 5-6am most mornings so I really dont want to be woken up at night because someone cant handle their alcohol above me.
    Oh wow, this reminds me of when I lived in an apartment in the city some 30 years ago and students below would party all hours of the night - lots of noise. I actually went down and banged on their door (or they wouldn't have heard me). Told them that I was trying to get some sleep and if they would quiet down. And this is what they told me, "We are medical students you know..." I told them that didn't impress me in the least. I then managed to get their phone number (from the phone book), called my brother in law who lived out of town and asked him to call them. He did something right because no more problems after that. He probably told them he was a cop living in the building lol

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by princessjen View Post
    My neighbour at my cottage is the biggest #@#% ever! He likes to blast his stereo 24/7 across the entire lake. And its not good music either, its like Johnny Cash and music from the 40's and 50's. Its so loud, that my mom has to take a sleeping pill in order to sleep and it takes me hours to fall asleep. We cant watch tv or sometimes ever talk to the person next to us, his music is so loud.

I dont know why he even has a cottage in the first place, he never swims or does any cottage stuff. All he does is sit on his deck, drink beer and burp and hoark every 5 minutes. There is nothing more disgusting than sitting outside eatting dinner and listening to someone constantly burp and spit plegm every couple of minutes.

He is such a red-neck pig. He referrs to his gf as mama. ugh
    I stopped reading after your statement of Johnny Cash not being good music. Shame.
    Teenah20, newb, DaveP and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Neighbours in my building are fairly quiet, except once a week when they have their fight. I think it's a father, and his two children (late teens/young adult). The father has a drug problem. He was yelling yesterday about getting good hash. Then the daughter starts screaming "you are almost 50, shouldn't be doing this". There is usually a drug smell around that apartment. He is often yelling about money, someone owes him money etc.

This is supposed to be an adult, higher end building. I am not sure what to do, can I report this to my landlord? I feel unsafe. This guy is so loud yesturday that in the building next door which is about 20-30 feet away, two floors up, a woman on her balcony heard the commotion.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

You could always make a noise complaint to the police. If the apartment smells of drugs they may end up arrested and depending on the laws in your town they may lose their apartment.

I know a guy who did this to his neighbour by mistake. Made a noise complaint cops showed up smelled pot raided the house arrested him and than the landlord kicked him out.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix82 View Post
    Neighbours in my building are fairly quiet, except once a week when they have their fight. I think it's a father, and his two children (late teens/young adult). The father has a drug problem. He was yelling yesterday about getting good hash. Then the daughter starts screaming "you are almost 50, shouldn't be doing this". There is usually a drug smell around that apartment. He is often yelling about money, someone owes him money etc.

This is supposed to be an adult, higher end building. I am not sure what to do, can I report this to my landlord? I feel unsafe. This guy is so loud yesturday that in the building next door which is about 20-30 feet away, two floors up, a woman on her balcony heard the commotion.
    matrix82 and The Kawarthan like this.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

hmmm where oh where do I start.......I live in a townhouse complex and my backyard backs up to a playground umm yeah not fun listening to kids screaming, swearing ect ect when you just want to relax after work. My one neighbor and her sister smokes and I can ALWAYS smell it in my house. Both neighbors on either side have very annoying big dogs that bark non stop. We have a guy from our complex that does drug deals in front of our house all the time. My noisy neighbor is knocking at my door for the dumbest things for example bringing over her Food Basic's receipt(I work there) to explain it to her. The same noisy neighbor who dosn't wear appropriate clothing and me and my son on separate occasions have been scarred for life seeing her thong while bending over in a short skirt! I wonder if she knows she is 50??!!! Her daughter who will be turning 13 this month dresses the same way and blasts music in the summer while dancing in the driveway half naked. Hmmm I wonder why I want to move

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    All I have to say is a house in the middle of no where has never looked so good.
    Sorry to squash your dreams here. Rural folk will tell you of the marijuana grow ops that police find in farmers fields and wood lots owned by a resident. It's not the home owner that starts the grow op. Plus the grow op people put out bear traps to "protect" their marijuana.

I don't think we can get away from bad neighbours.

Here's what we do. We ignore their bad behavior. We greet them when they show good behaviour. We try to keep our place neat and add a few flowers too -- the bad neighbours are competitive and want to have better than you. They see the neat stuff and try to do the same.

Slowly. Oh, so slowly. They are changing -- trying to compete.

They did not see our reverse psychology working on them.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

When my father dont want to put his laundry to dry outside(he wanted to hang the clothes in the bathroom rack when it is sunny and hot outside and will dry 10 x faster wtf???) and you have to had an argue to said do it,we are at out place it is my dry line clothes and those 2 ?(*&*((* can go to hell. My father is afraid of them,that is so not right...We are not in jail...
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, May 6th, 2013 at 10:12 PM.
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have awful neighbours (it's actually been good lately but only because I called the cops)! We had a fire just under a year ago and I had a nice noiseless summer. In October a guy moves in next door. He beats his girlfriend, drinks constantly, gets loud and violent every time he drinks. I called the cops after he pushed his girlfriend down the stairs. Cops didn't do anything so I called the landlord, well he's been quiet ever since.

The neighbours out back have 7 children, which would be fine but they are little toy hoarders and have filled their yard with toys. And now they are taking over my yard.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@ZooyNewt-casually ask the family of kids and toys when they are having their yard sale? Or ask for a share of property tax money if they persist in moving into your yard.
    Maybe a home safety flyer sent to the house might get the point across-look after the kids in the yard? Clean up. If it seems that the yard is looking more like a hoarding/junkyard site, inquire of municipal public health about hoarding help programs.
    The hardware stores sell No Trespassing signs. The legal municipal signs cost $$ and need council approval.

I am peeved at dog owners who decide to let their dogs go off their properties (aka at large according to laws) and they wander into adjoining properties to do their business or become unknown dangers (because I don't know if they respond to commands to go home or will charge me or think I'm wanting to play-NO!). Had such a situation last night-dog just stood under a fruit tree and looked at me when I said "go home" several times. Later noticed it headed home-not sure if owner finally got a clue to call it home or not (there are two families with dogs living behind us in a house).
    Last edited by Ciel; Tue, May 7th, 2013 at 10:14 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Mentioned to the super about noise, after trying to knock on the door to ask the neighbor to turn down the music a bit, they didn't answer the door :S. Also mentioned that they may want to just keep an eye on things in that end of the hallway.
    SassyAshley likes this.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ZooyNewt View Post
    The neighbours out back have 7 children, which would be fine but they are little toy hoarders and have filled their yard with toys. And now they are taking over my yard.
    Similar situation - neighbour with 6 kids. It's not the fact that there are 6, it's the fact that the parents don't watch them. Kids' need room to play and will go to someone else's yard to have the room to play. Wish the parents would spend time with the kids when they are outdoors.

Also, backing the car out, one of the kids ran behind the car for a ball. No parent around. The kid was so tiny that it was a good thing I saw them. Doesn't make sense talking to the parent because they are not good at watching the kids. The tiny kid was outside by themself. I talked to the small child telling the child, "I don't want to hurt you with the car so please don't run behind the car when it is moving." I hope the small child told the parent what I said. (*sigh*)
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Wed, May 8th, 2013 at 05:56 PM.
    matrix82 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by matrix82 View Post
    Mentioned to the super about noise, after trying to knock on the door to ask the neighbor to turn down the music a bit, they didn't answer the door :S. Also mentioned that they may want to just keep an eye on things in that end of the hallway.
    ........Your comment remind me last year when I asked my landlor to call the nasty neigboor for a bad behavior he did to me...she said to me I tried to phone him,he dont seems to be there no response...of coarse he have a number that show and wow...he just dont want to get the situation...I respond he is there...some people.....
    matrix82 likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a confession to make.

On Sunday, I was the BAD neighbour.

The kids dad was over for his visit and really made me mad. REAL MAD.

We ended up out in the front yard and I was yelling and swearing at him.

I think everyone really enjoyed the show though, if that matters.
    Insane, DaveP and Shwa Girl like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    I have a confession to make.

On Sunday, I was the BAD neighbour.

The kids dad was over for his visit and really made me mad. REAL MAD.

We ended up out in the front yard and I was yelling and swearing at him.

I think everyone really enjoyed the show though, if that matters.
    Hey. Once in a while -- no problem. We are all allowed a bad day now and again.
    It's when neighbours do their not so nice stuff every week or every day - even after a visit from the landlord or the police.
    That's not your case.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information