User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes

Thread: Anyone else have bad neighbors?

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

It is just me or all the comments remain to the same bad behaviors bad neighbourgs does...I read them all and it describe where I live lol the parking,the elder people act stupid and many more like own the places..
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

we had a crack wh*re next door dealing drugs, etc. Took a long time (5 years) to get rid of her......
    Candini likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Boy, there's some real horror stories on this thread. I guess I should be fortunate that I only have anti-social neighbours. I used to have perfect neighbours on either side; we would go for walks, entertain at each other's houses, looked after yards and houses when on vacation...you get the picture.

Well, both sets moved away in the past one to three years, and the replacements had some pretty big shoes to fill. I knew it wasn't going to go well when I would go into my backyard, and they would go inside. I used to spend hours talking to the people who lived in that house. Now, the yard is a tangle of weeds and they are clueless and too cheap to put any effort into their property. The neighbours on the other side moved in five months ago and I have yet to introduce myself to them.

One thing worth noting is that the cultural makeup of my neighbourhood is changing rapidly. I have a lot of East Indian and Middle Eastern people moving in, and they have proven to be very insular, keeping to themselves and having large gatherings that do not include other neighbours unless it's family.

I do appreciate that they are not in my business, but it sure doesn't make for a friendly place to live. And from a security point of view, it's nice to be on good terms with those who live around you.
    matrix82, ticul and thriftygranny like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    Boy, there's some real horror stories on this thread. I guess I should be fortunate that I only have anti-social neighbours. I used to have perfect neighbours on either side; we would go for walks, entertain at each other's houses, looked after yards and houses when on vacation...you get the picture.

Well, both sets moved away in the past one to three years, and the replacements had some pretty big shoes to fill. I knew it wasn't going to go well when I would go into my backyard, and they would go inside. I used to spend hours talking to the people who lived in that house. Now, the yard is a tangle of weeds and they are clueless and too cheap to put any effort into their property. The neighbours on the other side moved in five months ago and I have yet to introduce myself to them.

One thing worth noting is that the cultural makeup of my neighbourhood is changing rapidly. I have a lot of East Indian and Middle Eastern people moving in, and they have proven to be very insular, keeping to themselves and having large gatherings that do not include other neighbours unless it's family.

I do appreciate that they are not in my business, but it sure doesn't make for a friendly place to live. And from a security point of view, it's nice to be on good terms with those who live around you.
    I'm fairly shy and introverted. I currently live in an apartment building with mostly senior ppl and mid 30ish Muslim couples with kids, everyone seems to stick to themselves. I am fine with that as it means quiet, seniors are relatively quiet, and the families are pretty quiet.

There is a building directly across from ours, and the patios are only about 20-30 feet apart from ours. It is a younger demographic, early 20's ppl. So for me, I am a person who goes inside when I've been sitting on my patio and see the ppl in the next building come out on their patio which directly faces ours. We are about 20 feet apart. For me I feel awkward, like I am invading personal space. I've always lived in apartment buildings and have never known my neighbours. For me it's a good thing, because if we've never talked other than to say hello, it means I haven't bothered you with noise and you have not bothered me with noise. I'm not trying to be unfriendly, I just never want to be the creepy person who lurks.
    ticul and PurpleBunny89 like this.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow -we had a drug dealer live next door -the pot would drift over into the open window in my daughter's room -well that was 14 years ago -we put our house up for sale and moved
    matrix82 and ticul like this.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

We have the neighbour from hell...I now understand why most nice places won't rent to students and I can't wait to move to my new place which seems to be a bit more quiet. She comes home with a ton of friends every night through the week at 3am drunk and screaming loud either laughing or crying (mostly crying about how her friends hate her) and she wakes everyone up. She has tried to get into my place and practically banged down the door while screaming something incoherent at 3am one night because she couldn't figure out she doesn't live here...scared the crap out of me as I had only lived here a few weeks at that point and no I did not answer the door! I believe she lives with her boyfriend and they have domestic disputes all the time...Okay well she does anyway! She screams at him will be in the hallway right in front of my door screaming that she effing hates him and wants him out, or if she actually has the fight in her unit (rarely since she usually takes it to the hallway so we can all hear how insane she sounds) she throws things that smash against our shared wall. I want to tell the psycho b*tch that it more than likely isn't her friends or boyfriend causing problems the next time she is out there being an annoyance, but I'm way too afraid of how crazy she is...They are also the dirtiest people ever. I'm pretty sure it's her that smokes in the hallway and puts the cigarettes out in the carpet right in front of my place. I don't smoke and I have seen her leave her place with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth before and have told front desk this, but since I haven't actually seen her do it they can't do anything about it. I have also complained and so have the family (that has a small child) that live on the other side of me about her 3am behaviour, but nothing has been done. I assume she either rents it and the landlord has done nothing (not sure if they can be forced to by the board), or it's one of those rich entitled kid situations where one of the parents own the place. I'm in a condo btw...
    Last edited by roseofblack25; Fri, May 3rd, 2013 at 03:56 PM.
    matrix82, DaveP, ticul and 1 others like this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

We live in a semi rural area with a 3 acre property. About 2 of it is brush. We have a neighbour on the west side who has a farm of about 100 acres (not sure exactly how big but he has plenty of land) He is obsessed with the little strip between his driveway and ours. At one point he thought he had "stolen" the little right of way bit of land from the previous property owner (my husbands grandparents) We challenged him and he had the propertly line surved. It was exactly where we told him it was and half the old cedar posts are still there. This same neightbour also borders our south property line and grows field crops in that field but seems to be pushing or over the property line there now so we will have to bite the bullet and have that propertly line surveyed so we can put up new posts. There are only 3 posts along that line and you can't see one from another. Our garage also faces his driveway and it always seems he needs to "tend" to his trees or driveway when we have the garage open. Do any yardwork and if a car happens to go down their driveway we can guarantee someone has to go for a walk from thier place to check out what we are up to. Lady across road is a hoarder. Her son keeps bringing more stuff and dumping in the grass. We avoid her after her son rammed our hydro pole, pulling the wires from the hydro stack at the house, doing over $1000 in damage and then saying "oh, we didn't think it was so bad" next statement she made was "I though I had whiplash"
    You just can't win where you live.
    DaveP likes this.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

jeez...... I almost shouldn't add to this thread!! There are some HORRIBLE people out there!!

DH and I pride ourselves on being good renters/tenants/neighbours... but I guess who knows how people perceive things!

Our last house (DH and I don't have any kids) was surrounded by SCREAMING children... to the left of our house - 5 children, and the mother would actually just sit there and let them scream for hours on end. (yes, I know children are just playing... but is it really necessary to have a 12 year old scream everytime her brother comes near her.... ugh) to the right, 2 children, but thankfully they were quite young, and these neighbours were nice to us and respected our appreciation of quiet. The neighbours that had their backyard backed up against our also had 4 children.... One time they left their speaker on the patio up soooo loud I SWEAR the whole neighbourhood could hear.

We moved back in November, and on one side we have a very nice old retired couple, who is SUPER quiet. But the neighbours on the other side..... have NO respect for their neighbours. They are the only ones in the whole neighbourhood who make any noise on a daily basis. Their dog barks incessantly anytime between the hours of 5:30am and 11pm. And have been known to have drunken parties in their carport at 3am.
    I've been trying to gather information to complain to the city about their dog, but I doubt it's going to do any good.

*sigh* at least we know we aren't alone in the world of bad neighbours!!
    DaveP likes this.
    Getting back into trading - see my Trade and Wish Lists (under 'About Me' tab)

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    We have the neighbour from hell...I now understand why most nice places won't rent to students and I can't wait to move to my new place which seems to be a bit more quiet. She comes home with a ton of friends every night through the week at 3am drunk and screaming loud either laughing or crying (mostly crying about how her friends hate her) and she wakes everyone up. She has tried to get into my place and practically banged down the door while screaming something incoherent at 3am one night because she couldn't figure out she doesn't live here...scared the crap out of me as I had only lived here a few weeks at that point and no I did not answer the door! I believe she lives with her boyfriend and they have domestic disputes all the time...Okay well she does anyway! She screams at him will be in the hallway right in front of my door screaming that she effing hates him and wants him out, or if she actually has the fight in her unit (rarely since she usually takes it to the hallway so we can all hear how insane she sounds) she throws things that smash against our shared wall. I want to tell the psycho b*tch that it more than likely isn't her friends or boyfriend causing problems the next time she is out there being an annoyance, but I'm way too afraid of how crazy she is...They are also the dirtiest people ever. I'm pretty sure it's her that smokes in the hallway and puts the cigarettes out in the carpet right in front of my place. I don't smoke and I have seen her leave her place with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth before and have told front desk this, but since I haven't actually seen her do it they can't do anything about it. I have also complained and so have the family (that has a small child) that live on the other side of me about her 3am behaviour, but nothing has been done. I assume she either rents it and the landlord has done nothing (not sure if they can be forced to by the board), or it's one of those rich entitled kid situations where one of the parents own the place. I'm in a condo btw...
    The bad neighbour thing was the reason why I decided against renting a condo. At least with an apartment building there is a superintendant/landlord to call. At least in my city, the condo's do not have superintendants or door people etc, so the only way to deal with bad neighbours is the condo board or police.
    Use this link

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momgoneawol View Post
    We live in a semi rural area with a 3 acre property. About 2 of it is brush. We have a neighbour on the west side who has a farm of about 100 acres (not sure exactly how big but he has plenty of land) He is obsessed with the little strip between his driveway and ours. At one point he thought he had "stolen" the little right of way bit of land from the previous property owner (my husbands grandparents) We challenged him and he had the propertly line surved. It was exactly where we told him it was and half the old cedar posts are still there. This same neightbour also borders our south property line and grows field crops in that field but seems to be pushing or over the property line there now so we will have to bite the bullet and have that propertly line surveyed so we can put up new posts. There are only 3 posts along that line and you can't see one from another. Our garage also faces his driveway and it always seems he needs to "tend" to his trees or driveway when we have the garage open. Do any yardwork and if a car happens to go down their driveway we can guarantee someone has to go for a walk from thier place to check out what we are up to. Lady across road is a hoarder. Her son keeps bringing more stuff and dumping in the grass. We avoid her after her son rammed our hydro pole, pulling the wires from the hydro stack at the house, doing over $1000 in damage and then saying "oh, we didn't think it was so bad" next statement she made was "I though I had whiplash"
    You just can't win where you live.
    That ruins my thought of getting a house in a rural area and not having to deal with neighbours :S
    Use this link

Trading Score
    387 (100%)

Gosh seems like there is so many bad neighbors out! Seems to always happen to the nicest people
    matrix82, DaveP and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Add to all what I already said...When I do my laundry I get yelled for NO REASON...I have to do my laundry super early otherwhise it is a nightmare....And those people steal my parking place..wow...the world dont turn right...
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Excuse me but it is normal to shake yours clothes for no crap and to be straight..some people dont get it..to difficult to understand for simple mental persons....When I haved my house I had 1 neigboors...but it is nothing...my whole description changed in appart...You have a 2 world war with your 2 crazy women neigboors'' because yours bedsheet drying outside touch her cord''...............hahahaha are you kidding me ...you stole my parking place ...thats is a good reason to yell...nothing better to do than hazzle others???? I swear I punched those 3 times in my head to calm me down...talking in phone for that....mouhahaha I swear some people have nothing to do...attacking me like that...I am good you ar not leave me alone...I can believe another year with those crap person...sure they wont move ..7 years and 30 years to piss off people....like me...it is theirs life...
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, May 4th, 2013 at 04:38 PM.
    DaveP and xox2010 like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I have only had problems with the new neighbors on the floor above us. They moved in January and it has been miserable since then. There is 2 men and 1 female (in a two bedroom) and they have loud parties all night long (they were still partying at 6am when i had to get up for work one morning) and they scrape their furniture all over the apartment, sounds like they are bowling with furniture some days. They also flick cigarettes off of their balcony all the time and spit over the balcony. We have had cigarrette (and other types) of butts on our balcony because of them. One morning we were woken up at 2am with one of the guys yelling at someone, after 30 min of this we called up over our balcony and tapped on the ceiling for them to be quiet. They would not so we ended up calling our Super and told her the next call was the police. We filed a formal complaint after that (about 1 month ago) and we have only complained 1 time since then and they immediately quieted down after the Super called them.
    I have to get up for work between 5-6am most mornings so I really dont want to be woken up at night because someone cant handle their alcohol above me.
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My neighbour at my cottage is the biggest #@#% ever! He likes to blast his stereo 24/7 across the entire lake. And its not good music either, its like Johnny Cash and music from the 40's and 50's. Its so loud, that my mom has to take a sleeping pill in order to sleep and it takes me hours to fall asleep. We cant watch tv or sometimes ever talk to the person next to us, his music is so loud.

I dont know why he even has a cottage in the first place, he never swims or does any cottage stuff. All he does is sit on his deck, drink beer and burp and hoark every 5 minutes. There is nothing more disgusting than sitting outside eatting dinner and listening to someone constantly burp and spit plegm every couple of minutes.

He is such a red-neck pig. He referrs to his gf as mama. ugh
    nessa23 likes this.
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information