User Tag List

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree1457Likes

Thread: Discuss New Rules for Package Trains & Win a Gift Card :)

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I only stopped into this thread today, and am not enjoying what I have read. I am reluctant to post in this thread because of the conversations that are taking place, so I will keep it brief.

I previously participated in and even ran regular trains. After having some of my trains de-railed and issues with riders, I have not run any trains since. I have not been a passenger on the train in about as long because I sometimes find the postage to be more expensive than the actual coupons that I find useful on these trains. I even had someone threaten to give me a negative rating because they were not happy with the variety of coupons on a baby train that I once ran (before I had my LO).

As for package trains, I have not participated in any. I find that there is a lot of pressure put on people to create awesome and brag worthy packages for their buddy. There are risks involved in participating in trains and package trains, hoping that you will receive something as great as you send. Package trains are also a lot of work, and sometimes need to have the information provided to the riders earlier on so that they have more time to put together a package, while still having the opportunity to be cost effective at the same time. I have many questions regarding package trains themselves, but I will keep them to myself until I read the updated guidelines. My husband works for Purolator, so I would be able to ship the packages for a slightly reduced rate...if I decide to participate in the future.
    I hope you choose to join the next pkg train!

All riders are very helpful (answering any questions, giving examples for wishlists, etc). You shouldn't feel any pressure though. As long as you meet the pkg train guidelines, then you've met the requirements. Some riders may have the ability to spoil their buddy more than others, but I find it useful to set your own budget in your head before you start shopping. I don't think I've ever sent the biggest or a brag worthy package, but I know that I really tried to find items that would be special for my buddy.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

I only stopped into this thread today, and am not enjoying what I have read. I am reluctant to post in this thread because of the conversations that are taking place, so I will keep it brief.

I previously participated in and even ran regular trains. After having some of my trains de-railed and issues with riders, I have not run any trains since. I have not been a passenger on the train in about as long because I sometimes find the postage to be more expensive than the actual coupons that I find useful on these trains. I even had someone threaten to give me a negative rating because they were not happy with the variety of coupons on a baby train that I once ran (before I had my LO).

As for package trains, I have not participated in any. I find that there is a lot of pressure put on people to create awesome and brag worthy packages for their buddy. There are risks involved in participating in trains and package trains, hoping that you will receive something as great as you send. Package trains are also a lot of work, and sometimes need to have the information provided to the riders earlier on so that they have more time to put together a package, while still having the opportunity to be cost effective at the same time. I have many questions regarding package trains themselves, but I will keep them to myself until I read the updated guidelines. My husband works for Purolator, so I would be able to ship the packages for a slightly reduced rate...if I decide to participate in the future.
    Angela - THANK YOU for commenting and weighing in it's nice to know what peoples' concerns are so that there's something concrete to build upon (you may represent just yourself or a hundres like you). I definitely get the "pressure" you feel to build a brag worthy package (which can definitely blow a budget that you set yourself). I've been worried about that myself in the past What do you think would encourage you (and possibly others like you) to join a train? Would a train with a dollar limit be something you'd be interested in? An item limit?

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I am so glad that you feel the need to giggle that someone has to come to the admins because their voice is not being heard

Jezz and I decided to discuss this on the forum because we did not want Boo to say the trains are not worth it and people do want change - but the harshness of some of the posts here mean the people who complained won't even speak up on the forum because of the cliqueyness (and there are cliques, we all know it) and past experiences getting on the wrong side of those cliques

Do you know there are members who won't post in this thread because they are worried about the backlash to the point that one said "they have my address"

We get complaints that there are kid trains so people can't join, we suggest having two different smaller trains running with different themes and someone else complains that they are excluded from the second one - we can't win. But I will not have members feel bullied to the point they will not even trade with members

It seems that the regulars like the way things run, and have set the rules the way they like, but there are unhappy people - and they could become regulars given a chance, but a lot of this harshness is scaring them away. It is not necessary to post 35 times, but you will probably find that they will actually post more if not forced to with the threat of being put on a consequence list for only hitting 34 when others (as peachy mentioned she did) get away with other rule breaking

As it happens, the person who lodged the complaint just contacted me saying she will no longer be visiting SC, she prefers to be a part of a site that will actually work together to what works for all - that is not something I giggle at
    I have also been told if changes are not made they want nothing to do with pkge trains any longer...

As I mentioned in my post above, one is even worried that members have her address if she posts what she PMed to me, given some of the bullying I know goes on in the forums, I am not one bit surprised given the harshness of some comments why they wont post publicly

I shared the complaint with Jezz, Boo and the other mods for feedback before we posted here, we do not make any other complaints public so why this one? So people can (as you just did) find a reason why her point is not valid because of the person. The person in question is a good trader with not one complaint but has never ridden a train because of the rules. But somehow it has already been decided that she is a bad rider? That is exactly why people are not posting in this thread

I have also received comments, not from people who feel they are outdone, but by people who have received a fairly crappy gift in return after they put thought into theirs, so although no limit trains don't have one, if you can't give what you are receiving, there is that notion of it not being good enough. While it may not be anything in the thread, riders talk and I have been told when doing trade mod stuff 'oh xyz told me she is cheap' when there is a trade issue

I actually had a VWT passenger once ask me to change someone else's feedback because person B said "thanks for the amazing coupons on xyz train" to person C but only "thanks for the coupons" to person A which she felt made her look like a bad trader, so what if the other person was extra generous, it doesn't mean you were a bad rider - but people do think like that and it does impact if people will trade with you etc
    I have recieved complaints about pkges and have fixed some and have promised changes ! I am not going to make any complaints I have recieved public information .

This is what I was talking about - you say you know a few of them when none of them want to post, but you have decided they are bad riders (or that is what it seems like from your post)

I completely agree that someone not sending a package should be banned (and I have even trade banned people who did not despite it not being a rule) but as far as I know, the people who did both of these are banned from riding package trains and are not the people complaining
    you are correct no banned ppl are complaining .

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Perhaps the question we need to ask now is what needs to been done to make things right for the people involved who have been hurt? I feel fairly non-partisan and have watched this friendly thread change tones. Is there enough info to revise the rules and see how it goes? Fromm viewpoint the rule changes seemed to make it so there was something for everyone's preference and always the option to decline. There will always be problems here and there but ppl willing to help. For e.g. I told Holly if a package was not sent for the Xmas exchange she could call on me.
    We are trying to make changes to right wrongs and help others feel welcome .

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    I am deeply sadden to see that you feel I'm "ganging up" on you in any way.

I thought my posts were diplomatic and respectful, even if my opinions differed from yours.

As my previous post stated, I do think you're a great rider and SC'er. I have no ill will toward you and bear no hard feelings whatsoever.

That being said I will also remove myself from this thread. My intentions were never to hurt or harm in any way. I simply wanted to shed light from a different angle and give constructive criticism in a mature, diplomatic way.
    I think you had some very good points and I thank you for posting them !

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    I'm sorry if you felt attacked, Peachy, but can you show me exactly where and how I or anyone ganged up on you?

I've kept my mouth shut, for the most part, because my opinion on the matter most likely differs from others and I would rather not get flamed for it. Where did I say anything that had anything to do with any post you made?

I apologize if anything that I said was taken in the wrong way, I never intended to hurt anyone's feelings and I kind of resent the fact that it was implied
    I don't feel your posts were rude nor attacking .

Quote Originally Posted by KK7 View Post
    Attachment 178046

couldn't help not post this ; )
    I have to say those who have p'med me I have not shared your name with anyone !

I have recieved some very concerning p'ms to which in an indirect/direct way members are being bullied I am very saddened by this .

I thought we were making some progress here....there will be changes made ...some have already been made

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Please p'm me with any questions you have and I will do my best to answer them We want everyone to feel welcome

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Just thought I'd share that I'm already working on my WL for the next pkg train!
    YaY! I'm so freaking excited!!

Thanks for all your hard work Jez!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I pm'd Jezebel some questions and additional comments, now that I have read the Wish Package Trains Guidelines thread.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

From a PM
    I've been trying to think of a way to include everyone having an opportunity to ride a package train they like and the only idea I have come up with so far is the following:
    Have a sticky called 'Want to ride a Package Train?' (or something like that...)
    Invite riders to post (or pm) a theme for a package train if they have one and list these potential package train themes in a seperate post (anonymously). For example, one idea could be a "$20 limit shoebox train" another being a "no-limit christmas in july" train. Also invite people to post (or pm) if they are interested in riding one of the themes mentioned.
    So, the post would look something like this:
    Potential Package Train Ideas
    (Please post or PM me if you are interested in riding and/or conducting any of the following):
    $20 Limit Shoebox Train - 3 ppl interested {Conductor Reserved}
    No-Limit Xmas in July Train - 8 ppl interested {Conductor Needed}

Once a train idea receives x# of people interested (let's say 10?) then the train can be posted and potentially attract even more riders.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

From a PM
    That sounds very fair and reasonable

Trading Score
    303 (100%)

From a PM
    i like that idea too!
    chesterjes likes this.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

From a PM
    Could the current Pkg Train Sticky be used for this?

That way members will only have one place to look for package train info, updates, etc., and won't be missed.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I have read this thread and, as someone who has not been a rider on any of the SC package trains, thought I would weigh in.

1. Although I have been interested in riding, sometimes the trains have filled up so quickly that I wasn't even aware they were running until they were marked 'closed'. (I see now that the problem can be solved by subscribing to the 'sticky'.)

2. The lack of price guidelines has concerned me. What if I under-spend and my buddy is disappointed? What if I over-spend and look like I am 'competing' for the most over the top gift sent? I can stack, so it would likely be easy for me to send a larger gift...but for those who can't, I can fully understand why they might feel packages from stackers could be inappropriately large and make they feel like they can't compete. (I know....this is not supposed to be a competition, but I do understand how some people can feel this way.)

3. I have participated in package trains on other sites (hobby, cooking, etc.) and have received packages that ranged from wonderful to "a pile of dollar store crap". That's not to say that you can't find some good items at the dollar store....but hopefully you get my drift. For me, it would be nice to see a general price-range guideline.

4. The cost of postage or Purolator concerns me. I don't want to spend $20 to ship a $25 package. Knowing how much people generally spend (approximately) on postage would be helpful.

5. I am not sure what wish lists look like, so I would like to see a few samples so that I am at least in ball-park with mine. It would be totally embarrassing to send a wish list that is filled with items that are too expensive. It would also make me gulp if I received a wish list that was filled with items that are all brand-name, higher end. (I am probably worrying too much here...)

Having said all of the above, I will subscribe to the sticky and give package trains a try. I read through a big chunk of the Pampered Ladies train and it looked like it was a lot of fun. I would love to see a Chef's Train or a Baker's Train....
    Last edited by DianneS; Sun, May 19th, 2013 at 11:23 AM.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    I have read this thread and, as someone who has not been a rider on any of the SC package trains, thought I would weigh in.

1. Although I have been interested in riding, sometimes the trains have filled up so quickly that I wasn't even aware they were running until they were marked 'closed'. (I see now that the problem can be solved by subscribing to the 'sticky'.)

2. The lack of price guidelines has concerned me. What if I under-spend and my buddy is disappointed? What if I over-spend and look like I am 'competing' for the most over the top gift sent? I can stack, so it would likely be easy for me to send a larger gift...but for those who can't, I can fully understand why they might feel packages from stackers could be inappropriately large and make they feel like they can't compete. (I know....this is not supposed to be a competition, but I do understand how some people can feel this way.)

3. I have participated in package trains on other sites (hobby, cooking, etc.) and have received packages that ranged from wonderful to "a pile of dollar store crap". That's not to say that you can't find some good items at the dollar store....but hopefully you get my drift. For me, it would be nice to see a general price-range guideline.

4. The cost of postage or Purolator concerns me. I don't want to spend $20 to ship a $25 package. Knowing how much people generally spend (approximately) on postage would be helpful.

5. I am not sure what wish lists look like, so I would like to see a few samples so that I am at least in ball-park with mine. It would be totally embarrassing to send a wish list that is filled with items that are too expensive. It would also make me gulp if I received a wish list that was filled with items that are all brand-name, higher end. (I am probably worrying too much here...)

Having said all of the above, I will subscribe to the sticky and give package trains a try. I read through a big chunk of the Pampered Ladies train and it looked like it was a lot of fun. I would love to see a Chef's Train or a Baker's Train....
    A chef or baker's train would be AWESOME, great idea!!
    Angela273, PammieD and chesterjes like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by slambert View Post
    A chef or baker's train would be AWESOME, great idea!!
    I would offer to host one, but since I haven't ridden a package train on SC that is probably NOT a good idea!!!
    So many coupons....so little time!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

I'm always willing to conduct, I work from my home so hopping on to work on a train isn't a huge time problem for me. Jez if you ever need conductors I can help.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

I like a chef or bakers train. Or just food. I have 2 boys. My wishlist is often filled with food stuff.

As for postage. I have had packages as little as about $13 up to about $22. The most expensive was the Christmas advent package. I tend to look for items that are smaller and lighter to send. No one has complained....to me...hope mine wasn't one of these "crappy" gifts....

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information