User Tag List

Page 37 of 117 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 ... LastLast
Like Tree7794Likes

Thread: Frugal June Bugs - Frugal Chatter continued

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    My mother (or should I just call her Wonder Woman) used to do it with homefries, separated in layers with wax or parchment paper to prevent sticking. She washed and peeled them, then cut them up to freeze. I would think fries would work on the same principle.

We have a tiny freezer above our fridge, so I can only bake my fries fresh. Our meat takes up too much space for me to attempt this.
    Don't you have to cook them first?
    Mom always told me that Potatoes will turn black if you freeze them raw.
    Just wondering

Sorry ladies,
    I guess I didn't read far enough to see further instructions, lol.
    This thread has moved so quickly today since I was on this morning, I can't get caught up.

Guess I spent too much time at the beach this afternoon with dd,lol.
    Weather was great and she wanted to go, so after getting lost enroute, and finally making there after an hour (should have been no more than 30 minutes) we had a great walk with the dog.
    The water was like ice though, I think I'll stick with the pool once it is ready to go .
    Last edited by dreamcatcher1962; Thu, Jun 6th, 2013 at 05:52 PM.
    Trade List /Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/382792-dreamcatcher1962s-trade-wish-lists-canada/#post5928904

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

Does anyone need coupons for ProNamel?
    I have a bunch that I got from my dental hygenist which are expiring the end of June.
    $1.50 any ProNamel toothpaste.
    I don't need anything in return, just pm me.
    Trade List /Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/382792-dreamcatcher1962s-trade-wish-lists-canada/#post5928904

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Your dil will be so happy is the gift for christmas or her birthday or a just because gift. It appears that you are really enjoying this baby shopping (lol) nothing to lift your spirits like babies in your case baby on the way.

Sounds like you were really really busy today.

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well I have been popping in and out all day -picked up tile for hubby -went around the corner and saw len's mill store -bought a cute mexx dress 12 months -purple my daughter-in-law loves reg19.99 on clearance 10.50 -so cute and I thought that was a fair price-thenoff to rexall for prescription -got a free sample of sudo-something or other baby diaper rash crème when I purchased a few items -got a duck for the tub 2.99 on sale -I am sooo happy shopping for my new baby to be granddaughter-then out to look for a dress for me or a blouse-went to reitmans -nope rickis nope walmart -uggg nothing I like and I refuse to pay 39.99 for a blouse in rickis that I liked -well next week check out value village-sears maybe-then popped in walmart againhey their mini wheats centre cereal is 2.88-1.00 cpn =1.88 cant beat that -got 3 oh and went to the library for 3 free books to read -phew I am tired
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Your dil will be so happy is the gift for christmas or her birthday or a just because gift. It appears that you are really enjoying this baby shopping (lol) nothing to lift your spirits like babies in your case baby on the way.

Sounds like you were really really busy today and it's no wonder you are tired.

Enjoy your evening and enjoy your books

well I have been popping in and out all day -picked up tile for hubby -went around the corner and saw len's mill store -bought a cute mexx dress 12 months -purple my daughter-in-law loves reg19.99 on clearance 10.50 -so cute and I thought that was a fair price-thenoff to rexall for prescription -got a free sample of sudo-something or other baby diaper rash crème when I purchased a few items -got a duck for the tub 2.99 on sale -I am sooo happy shopping for my new baby to be granddaughter-then out to look for a dress for me or a blouse-went to reitmans -nope rickis nope walmart -uggg nothing I like and I refuse to pay 39.99 for a blouse in rickis that I liked -well next week check out value village-sears maybe-then popped in walmart againhey their mini wheats centre cereal is 2.88-1.00 cpn =1.88 cant beat that -got 3 oh and went to the library for 3 free books to read -phew I am tired

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes I was very productive today -no I am saving the baby items for her shower /or some for xmas -it is bringing me joy-thanks jasperand char

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

you're welcome let me know if you are looking for anything else

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    Big thanks to Nancy for the RAOK coupon envy I received the other day!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

joy is a necessary part of life and I am glad you are enjoying yourself and keeping busy with your new arrival to come

yes I was very productive today -no I am saving the baby items for her shower /or some for xmas -it is bringing me joy-thanks jasperand char

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I vote for repainting (lol) it's not like you have anything else to do (just pulling your leg) it's great men you finally get to tackle those things that drive you up the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by gourmetsue View Post
    Finally did something! I cleaned our laundry room. It's become a bit of a dumping ground. It's right next to the garage and everything seems to end up in there, paint, recycling, odds and sods. It's all gathered in there. It is a huge eye sore that I see every time I walk out the door. BLECH! Now it's finally clean and now I see how much I don't like the colour of the paint. I think DH will think I've totally lost my mind if I try to paint it before our friends show up on saturday. AHH it's mint green and it's making me crazy!

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Pizza crust- Do you have a bread maker? I have a recipe somewhere (That I need to try still!!) To keep the cost down I usually freeze pizza toppings in baggies so they are easy to pull and defrost. We made it one night with ready to bake dough from Foodland. I didn't like the crust though so want to try some I saw at the grocery store.
    At the beginning of this thread there are a bunch of recipes, including pizza dough. I have a really good bread machine one if you'd like. I've been using it since the dawn of time.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Thanks for the super RAOK I received from you today, Nancy & my kitties thank you too.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I vote for repainting (lol) it's not like you have anything else to do (just pulling your leg) it's great men you finally get to tackle those things that drive you up the wall.
    LOL. I could have a coffee now and be up all night, I'd get the painting done for sure. Not sure if DH would be happy if I woke him up to help me move the washing machine

BTW! I looked at my coupon stash and the only coupons I have for doggie food are some holistic ones and the ones from recent inserts, Iams, caesar, and Pedigree, no puppy chow, sorry. If the others interest you just let me know.

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Dishwasher users- Which brand/type do you swear by? I've been using Finish Tabs for the past year and half (just because of sale and coupons making them cheap lol) For awhile I wasn't loving them but lately they have been great. What is your favourite?
    Definitely Finish...I don't like washing the dishes, before washing the dishes in the dishwasher, so I will use finish, because it washes it without me having to pre-wash them.

Loves To Save SimplifiedMommyTips's Avatar
    Trading Score
    260 (100%)

Hope you are feeling better jasperandchar.
    Just baked some zucchini bread today, first time making it and came out very good, family loves it. I got about 2lbs zucchini in the reduced section at NF and paid 1.00 for it, been thinking of making some omelet with it but decided to make bread instead. Baked it in my bread maker and just so yummy. I finish putting my receipts together for our four weeks budget and I only spend $290.45 for groceries and make a 10% savings out of our over all budget which is going to our investment.

I normally make a list of our weekly groceries by store in my cellphone and I put a note if I have a coupon that goes with it and keep everything in a envelope. I try not to bring my binder as I tend to spend more when I see things on sale that I have coupons to go with it.

Few things I am planning to get this week, hoping to pm sugar with FB and some chicken at Freshco, other wise just fruits and some veggies on my list and cheese at NF as I have $1.00 to go with it.

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

I think the gel packs age faster? I had some before and I think near the end of my stash they were getting hard and not working well. What about Jet dry? I'm only using now because my friend gave it to me when they moved since they don't use a dishwasher anymore. I think maybe that's why everything seems cleaner now? lol I was just using vinegar cause it was cheaper.
    Yes I use jet dry too. I fill it up about 3 or 4 per year. A bottle last for a long time.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

[QUOTE=jasperandchar;5478173]Breath, baby steps tackles 1 problem or situation at a time as best as you can.

Well good news in 1 way you have today and tomorrow to get those cheques to her and you have a roof over your head and your friends here if you need to talk or vent. Don't feel guilty for something that you only do once a year (12 postdate cheques) don't be so hard on yourself my dear.[/QUOTE Thank you so much for this reply and tips JasperandChar!!! It help me a lot It is done.I dont like the fact of asking to do the postdate cheques in one time.First it is more easy for everyone who is busy,but it is also illegal to my landlor to do that.I have until the day 15 to each month to paid it...and 2 she just want the money she is not there for the neigbours or the renos...I feel with the phone call today I was harrassed my june check was made and we are only the 6 june..so relax please..I never had a trouble to paid and I am a good renter.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Page 37 of 117 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 ... LastLast

Thread Information