User Tag List

Page 39 of 117 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast
Like Tree7794Likes

Thread: Frugal June Bugs - Frugal Chatter continued

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

SCOP-What have you gotten lately? I hadn't had one for months but last weekend I had 4!! RCSS-Gravel for DS's trip. SDM-Chicken strips, Kraft Peanut butter and chocolate syrup (add to milk) Love free food

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just got a trade (one on one ) trade and she was super nice and sent extras -like 12.00 worth -I just love the people on here -always someone helping out -I try and give extras too

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Good morning ladies

Another gloomy day here rain,rain,rain i'm tired of it where the sun.I need to work on my compost bins but i guess they will have to wait till the sun is out .

I hope everyone's day greats better,well off to do the dishes and a few odds and ends
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Our landlord asked for first and last month's rent, which I gave in the form of postdated cheques. He deposited them in an ATM weeks before the actual date on the cheque. I thought that was the entire point of a postdated cheque, that they couldn't be cashed before the date. On our bank's website, it also states that clearly.

When I called the bank and pointed it out to them, they said they had no control over ATM machines, so if someone deposits a postdated cheque that way, it wouldn't be caught. I pointed out that it was specifically stated on their website. They only replied that the website needed to be updated. At the time, we were paying for our wedding also, so two large amounts took me a hairline away from the minimum. I was soooo unimpressed..... I guess there is no point in postdating cheques, though I do wonder who pays for the NSF fee if it's cashed early.
    The landlor always cash them the 1 of the month or the first week...never had problem with that...I check every month...But the fact that is illegal to ask that really not impress me and left me thinking they do really not care about the whole thing of beeing a landlor with dealing with neigbours and rénovations...I have a facility man but ...for minors things and some things needs to be done...but like I said to my father its decrease the building and when they will sold it ,it will not be my problem.....just my 2 cents...I taught it was correct because one of my auntie had building years ago and asked that too...she said to me it was the way to proceed....?!&!&!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I was ...how I could say that polittely very surprise by that because all my friends their landlor(different) is not processing this way...

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

My sentence hope she will make sense but for me a loan is a same thing as a contract car...you paid each month not with predated cheques...and all my bills are automotically with a specimen check but I choosen this way...this loan paid...no

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    The landlor always cash them the 1 of the month or the first week...never had problem with that...I check every month...But the fact that is illegal to ask that really not impress me and left me thinking they do really not care about the whole thing of beeing a landlor with dealing with neigbours and rénovations...I have a facility man but ...for minors things and some things needs to be done...but like I said to my father its decrease the building and when they will sold it ,it will not be my problem.....just my 2 cents...I taught it was correct because one of my auntie had building years ago and asked that too...she said to me it was the way to proceed....?!&!&!
    My father has rented out space both residential and commercial and I honestly still have no clue how the landlord-tenant relationship legally works. The only thing I know for certain is that good tenants are very hard to find and so are good landlords. I'm sorry you are having these issues.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    My father has rented out space both residential and commercial and I honestly still have no clue how the landlord-tenant relationship legally works. The only thing I know for certain is that good tenants are very hard to find and so are good landlords. I'm sorry you are having these issues.
    I agree ,good landlords are difficult to find...I think they are good...could be worse...but when you have a renovation compagny recognized for residential,industrial and commercial...you can be in the way to think they will be there with the right people at theirs hands...guess not..they had not build the building they have 2 to rents...and they are landlors for almost 10 years I think I heard that by the others or did an estimate. Rénovations are costly I know..and they dont want to increase the monthly paiement so that is the reason they dont do some...It is ok an the price is 400$ per month for a 4 and a half...it is barrely the reason why I am there

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

woohoo, just cashed in my first C051 - $21.50 coming my way!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I wish I could I am so happy it is Friday but I am working this weekend , I decide this year not to fight the working Saturdays this year and so far no problem until this week. I have had the world's worst week and has only gotten worse today. I would like to go home curl up in a ball and hide under the covers.

But for the happy news, they came and picked up my car and it has gone in for service, makes me happy as I hate it when my car is making noises or I know something is wrong with it. But now I am sitting here staring at the loaner I cannot wait to take for a test drive. Yes I am probably weird but it is kind but I enjoy getting to try out new cars with no pressure to purchase.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I wish I could I am so happy it is Friday but I am working this weekend , I decide this year not to fight the working Saturdays this year and so far no problem until this week. I have had the world's worst week and has only gotten worse today. I would like to go home curl up in a ball and hide under the covers.

But for the happy news, they came and picked up my car and it has gone in for service, makes me happy as I hate it when my car is making noises or I know something is wrong with it. But now I am sitting here staring at the loaner I cannot wait to take for a test drive. Yes I am probably weird but it is kind but I enjoy getting to try out new cars with no pressure to purchase.
    Sorry you've had a crap week!

Enjoy the loaner car. When my car was stolen I loved driving around in the rental. It was sporty and peppy, it was the best part of a rotten situation.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

It is funny how excited I am as I never driven this model of car before. Normally I get the same model I drive but a different year, this time it is a whole different model. Not as good as last time when I got an Escape to drive (I love the old style, had the new 2013 model), but still excited.

Quote Originally Posted by gourmetsue View Post
    Sorry you've had a crap week!

Enjoy the loaner car. When my car was stolen I loved driving around in the rental. It was sporty and peppy, it was the best part of a rotten situation.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Grey skies and rain today...yeah! May as well look at the bright side - time to get housework done before the sun shines again and lures me outside! Four dozen buns are ready to be baked in the oven. It's going to be a great day, if I can move my muscles lol...spent so much time in the garden yesterday I can hardly move. Now to get to the dreaded chore of cleaning bathrooms....

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    SCOP-What have you gotten lately? I hadn't had one for months but last weekend I had 4!!
    Lucky you!

I haven't found anything lately, but I haven't bought very much either. Once on a 20 X the points shop at SDM, the item rang in at the Friday price, but it was the beginning of the new sale on Saturday morning. She said she would reduce the price to the flyer price and I asked if SCOP applied. She said it didn't because it was a computer glitch and the price displayed matches the one scanned. When I called in to ask the manager, he said because it was a system glitch that was system-wide, SCOP didn't apply.

I called SDM head office, and they also confirmed that SCOP didn't apply in case of a system glitch. Very odd, because SCOP policy (on the government of Canada website) says if the scanned price is higher than the displayed or advertised price, SCOP applies. I see no mention of electronic issues. If the cashier had said up front, we have a system error where we haven't been able to change the price on this item, I wouldn't have thought much of it.

Now I was curious to see if the Retail Council cold confirm for me, but after days and weeks of leaving emails and calling their number with no response, I figured I was on my own about this.

Anyone else come across a similar situation?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well -its a lazy day -reading a book -sold a small item on kijii for 3.00-yep even that price people want to buy -better 3.00 than going to value village -every penny counts-I feel blahh and tired today-must be the weather

Page 39 of 117 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast

Thread Information