User Tag List

Page 542 of 654 FirstFirst ... 42 442 492 532 540 541 542 543 544 552 592 642 ... LastLast
Results 8,116 to 8,130 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

No Frills gave me that song and dance on sale items before Christmas even tho nothing was mentioned in the flyer or in-store. I found out from the cashier at the till.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yes, but I asked for a manager who agreed with the cashier.
    I was buying multiples of the sale soup, cat food cans, I can't believe it's not butter and a few random items.
    I always buy 10 cans of cat food so that is my usual household usage. They have to know ppl will buy multiple cans of soup at 50c and it was only 4 margarine.
    Tweets77 likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I had a cashier yesterday from RCSS try to tell me that I couldn't price match four cans of soup and four boxes of KD because they were in the same panel of the Sobey's flyer. Wait.. what? I nearly lost it with her and I'm usually the most calm, whatever person. Her supervisor straightened her out very quickly.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I accidentally ate my dad's med and I got super sick...

EDIT: I passed out after eating one wrong pill. Its super scary how dangerous some med are...
    Last edited by Arvilish; Sun, Jan 8th, 2017 at 04:12 PM.
    Ciel likes this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

7 freaking am and I hear a banging on my back door. 2 %#%#%% JWs were wanting to talk to me!! To get to my back door, they would have to get through my chained gate that says Do Not Enter on it. Freaking idiots!!!
    Natalka, Ciel and walkonby like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ at least they knocked!

Today 4 a.m., I'm at the computer - in a room just off the front door entrance. Computer desk is at an angle, so I can see the front door.

I hear someone come up the front steps (wooden stairs to deck), open the outside door - and TRY open the doorknob of the big door, back and forth. !!!!!

OMG I was SO damned scared! Thank goodness there is a deadbolt, but GEEZ I was petrified - I just froze sitting at the computer - did not want to turn around to see if someone was peeking in the window...

I waited a few minutes, went to wake up my husband who was ready to go to the door nekkid, then he quickly put on gotch - the outside door was left open.

So, yeah, I'm scared of a home invasion.

I have insomnia, so I am up during the wee hours and the lights are on.
    It's not like someone was in trouble because they would have knocked (we don't have a doorbell) or yelled or something.

I was all prickly and shaky, started crying - husband went back to sleep.

At the beginning of December, about 10 at night, we had a guy just walk into our house - thank goodness my husband was in the living room and dealt with it, I was not - the guy thought it was us having a party, but it was next door.

And, yes, we are in a 'safe' part of the city, but geez I know things can happen anywhere.
    Ciel, walkonby, Candini and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

^ That's so scary Natalka. Someone has walked into my condo before with their kids and I flipped out as they casually took their time leaving.

Someone also tried to barge down my door, aggressively turning the handle and slamming their body against the door (it was locked that time) I called 911 that time as I was so scared.

I`ve heard before "I didn`t realize what floor I was on..." No excuses , never have I ever travelled to the wrong floor and walked into someones place.
    Natalka, Ciel, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

WOW!!!!! You ladies just proved my point of always having your house doors AND vehicle doors locked at all times. Even though I live out in the countryside, my doors are locked except if I am outside. I drive with my doors locked and even when my vehicle is parked in my driveway or car shelter, the doors are locked. I'm thinking of getting a paintball gun to shoot at any one coming in. Think that might work as a deterrent while being non-lethal?
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post

I waited a few minutes, went to wake up my husband who was ready to go to the door nekkid, then he quickly put on gotch - the outside door was left open.
    HAHAHAHA!!! My DH tried to chase people out of our yard nekkid too until I yelled at him to put some pants on!!
    Just call me Wolfie

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I lived in a building once and the elevator went wonky and it kept on stopping one floor short, and there was no way to visually cue as to what floor you got out on, so my above-door neighbour (student) kept on bursting in my door as I worked from home and looking stunned and really apologetic. One time he had a pizza, so I said he could stay, but no deal.

We were 1011 but we got mail from 1101, 1110, 1001, etc. and vice versa...they say you never get to know your neighbours in a big building, but it's a lie lol.
    Ciel, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

We had that problem when we lived in a big building too, once we had what I can only assume was a bill collector who accused me of being someone else, asked me to get my ID to prove it when I said I wasn't and he could leave or I would call the cops.
    I called the super to come & said apt # and the guy looks at my door and says oh sorry I wanted the 5th floor and just walks off...
    Ciel likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Commander:Northern armies rock lobster's Avatar
    No one goes off-trail. No one walks alone.
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    7 freaking am and I hear a banging on my back door. 2 %#%#%% JWs were wanting to talk to me!! To get to my back door, they would have to get through my chained gate that says Do Not Enter on it. Freaking idiots!!!
    Don't know who these people were but Jehovah's Witnesses do NOT come to your
    door at 7 a.m. , never use the back door or open shut gates.
    Tweets77 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Depends on your set up I guess. I live in a Triplex and people can't get in the front door but we all have fire exit doors at the back that we mostly use ourselves too. Most sales people, politicians and various people "spreading the word" (not just JWs, we have a religious anto abortion group that makes the rounds and a church of marijuana type group) tend to use the back doors as they know they lead right to the apartments.

Quote Originally Posted by rock lobster View Post
    Don't know who these people were but Jehovah's Witnesses do NOT come to your
    door at 7 a.m. , never use the back door or open shut gates.
    Ciel likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Some third world child donation company were bothering me today in the housewares isle of Walmart this morning. He actually followed me after I said no multiple times!

Also I went to a clothing store today to do a return and the friggen cashier was such a snob and wouldn`t give the original purchase price back. Giving one word answers through an under bite. No where on their return policy does it say such thing.

This is going to be the year I refrain from shopping excessively inperson and minimizing social interactions (especially like that) as much as possible. (And as I mentioned before, avoiding stores who don`t refund original tender)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Mom told me that a couple of times when we were young and in the car at a stoplight, someone tried to open the car door from the outside. She was insistent that we always locked the doors in the car. Dad was driving.

All those persons who show up at the wrong door acting like someone's house/home is their right to enter just proved the necessity of locked doors and verification of identities.
    @wolfwoman -you could get charged with attempted assault if you use the paintgun without some kind of warning. Paintballs at high speeds can injure people. Why do you think the game places make everyone wear goggles? Check what you may be allowed to post about property defence under provincial law on your signage to show you mean business before questions.
    Newfiescreech likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information