User Tag List

Page 590 of 643 FirstFirst ... 90 490 540 580 588 589 590 591 592 600 640 ... LastLast
Results 8,836 to 8,850 of 9634
Like Tree36761Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

  1. #8836
    University Couponer
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Thorold/ Tottenham
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2,018
    Likes Received
    7921
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by MillieH View Post
    PS: The reason they don't want us buying HUGE amounts is not because they won't get their money back. They don't want other customers coming in to find empty shelves. It's a valid concern and one we need to be aware of especially if we have lots of coupons.. We need to leave some and allow for restocking.. Couponing has to be win/win for the store and couponers.. so if we cause problems for the store by clearing shelves.. they'll lower the limit.. Couponers think hey its great , if I buy 100 items , the store gets a whole bunch of money.. but its better for the store if 100 people buy 1 each because that 100 people will most likely buy a bunch of other items while they are there.. Its really important we don't clear the shelves consistently for this reason..
    Yeah, that's definitely a valid reason too, I hate regular people who end up clearing the shelf, so I try my best not to ever do it. The only times I've ever done it was when there was only one or two left on the shelf and it was something I needed. If it was a couponing item and they only had a few, I'll normally just leave it and get it later.

    I've just heard of issues before with manufacturers declining coupons and thought that played the major role, but shelf clearing is a big issue too. I'll probably still try for the deal I was looking to get at Walmart, I'll see how the shelves are and base it on that.

    And looking at it from your point of view it is true too, at least I know couponers will not clear the shelf with the limit in place, although 4th Ave is a little further away then I'd like (I'm at the "Glens" near Brock), but with my car, it makes it reasonable to go often.
    barbis9, cath007 and MillieH like this.

  2. #8837
    Teachers Have Class
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    7,873
    Likes Received
    12810
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Well, I'm really starting to have even more hate against Walmart and RCSS.

    I was out trying to get the Free Blackberries at No Frills (Which they didn't have Driscolls at either one) and decided to go to my WM and RCSS (4th Ave) and was told at BOTH that there is apparently a limit of 6 LIKE COUPONS/ TRANSACTION, while asking about the McCormick and Crest Coupons. I know that can't be true in any sense especially at RCSS where just LAST WEEK I used more than 6 like coupons to a transaction and had a supervisor override no problem. But apparently someone this morning at RCSS was trying to buy 24 Del Monte Juices with the $0.50 coupons and was denied. If this is true, I honestly feel that couponing may be on the decline, but not of any fault of our own, just the Stupid stores denying coupons. I understand that sometimes they have issues getting money back from the manufacturer, however, they just make people like us more and more upset.

    Tagging @lotsasavings and @MillieH as well as any other Smart Canuckers from St.Kitts to get their input and thoughts on this
    As far as I know, Walmart at both the Fourth Ave. and Welland Ave. locations have had the 6 like coupons limit for quite a while already. The cashiers I've had are pretty consistent with enforcing the limit and I'm okay with that. I don't shop at Walmart often but I actually like knowing what their policy is.

    RCSS is a different story. I'm to the point where I intentionally choose which cashier I'm going to go to, even if it means standing in line a little longer. Most of the cashiers are great while I avoid others who are not very coupon-friendly. I have found that, although there is a rather consistent policy when it comes to a limit of 4 when price-matching, there does not seem to be any firm guidelines when it comes to using coupons.

    As for shelf-clearing, I try to avoid it unless there isn't much left on the shelf. It's not fair for other shoppers and it's a reason a number of stores now have built limits into their pricing (Zehrs, SDM).

    I view the use of coupons as a privilege and I'm grateful for the savings they provide both for my family and for the donations I'm able to make to local food banks. I don't mind limits. I much prefer consistent guidelines and having cashiers who are trained in accepting coupons rather than not knowing what to expect from individual cashiers so that I end up wasting both my time and theirs (as well as the poor shopper who gets stuck behind me).
    barbis9, cath007 and MillieH like this.

  3. #8838
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    3,494
    Likes Received
    2748
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)




    People who think leaving the cart in line or close to the line and going to get something they forgot means they've secured their right to that space.
    Tweets77, barbis9, Poirot and 4 others like this.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

  4. #8839
    Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,792
    Likes Received
    25569
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)




    I love the people who get up to cash and as they are being rung through start sending their child to run all over the store to get what they "forgot" well they stand there blocking the line and the cashier just let's them hold up the line.

    Had this happen last summer, only 1 cashier open and the woman literally held up the line over 15 minutes well her 5 kids ran all over the store looking for thing. Sometimes they brought back the right items other time they did not and were sent back again to find the right then and when they did bring back the right thing it is like okay not go get. She started out with 5 items on the belt by the time she was done she must have had over 20 items.

    Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
    People who think leaving the cart in line or close to the line and going to get something they forgot means they've secured their right to that space.
    Check out my Crochet Blog http://ashleysassycreations.weebly.com/ showing all my wonderful projects

  5. #8840
    Mastermind
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    22,283
    Likes Received
    28470
    Trading Score
    40 (98%)




    When the mail carry not come to my door when I have a parcel because he his to lazy at the 3 stairs and put a Delivery notice and I have to pick it up the next day ......at the postal adress

  6. #8841
    Canadian Genius padyofurniture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    5,621
    Likes Received
    24704
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Travelled to the US on Saturday - lost one hour.
    Woke up on Sunday and lost another. (We forgot about daylight savings.)
    Took several days to catch up lol

  7. #8842
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    anywhere along southern NB
    Posts
    1,409
    Likes Received
    2518
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by padyofurniture View Post
    Travelled to the US on Saturday - lost one hour.
    Woke up on Sunday and lost another. (We forgot about daylight savings.)
    Took several days to catch up lol

    I get that... driving into Maine from Atlantic Canada is like time travel... and it feels great to "gain" an hour on your travel time.
    Although I'm betting most readers in here don't experience that same time-warp like you and I do as anyone not living in the Atlantic Time Zone doesnt have the same experience when they cross the border.

  8. #8843
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    19,114
    Likes Received
    40205
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)




    -cashier at Canadian tire yesterday stating "I don't like coupons "after we chatted awhile and I told her I have been couponing for many years -I only gave her 4-huuu I guess because they have new registers and she didn't basically know the whole new computer -I didn't let the comment bother me thou as I saved $5.50 and I decided to go into Canadian tire as its not always busy and the cleaning stuff was on sale plus I got .10 Canadian tire money -loll

  9. #8844
    Misanthrope GoJays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    83,540
    Likes Received
    34217
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    Wintertime is officially here... at least for my hands it is They get so dry and sore in this stupid weather. I go through a ton of hand cream every winter. Currently using Bath and Body works - so far it's the best non-greasy one I've been able to find. Besides, the scents are killer. I spend too much money in that store.

  10. #8845
    Smart Canuck anastasia1009's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Clarkson, ON
    Posts
    1,595
    Likes Received
    2914
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)




    ear ache - I has one. probably my body telling me to slow down - worked six days, off one day then worked six days.
    then followed my goddess Tori Amos - met her and babbled about Gord and the hip and she played my request Ahead by the Century then driving and seeing her again.
    this week didn't do much..
    barbis9 likes this.

  11. #8846
    Smart Canuck Linda Evans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Stoney Creek
    Posts
    1,498
    Likes Received
    4266
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)




    today at nations fresh waiting in the check out line the guy beside me is standing SO BLOODY CLOSE!! wth!!i gave him a few glaring looks ..I HATE people that stand so close....Give me some friggin space!

  12. #8847
    Canadian Guru Midnightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    12,358
    Likes Received
    6339
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)




    ok i need to get this out

    do NOT park in my driveway.. do not block driveway and get out of your car!! how hard is that..thats basic car etiquette 101! if you can't find a spot park farther away and walk or come earlier! do NOT park in my driveway it is NOT a parking spot! i do not care if your only going to be 5 or 10 minutes(which turns into more like 15-20).. it is NOT a parking spot.. and don't even think of giving ME attitude because your in the wrong!

    i live across the street from an elementary school. i have lot track of how many times i have told people "you can't park here" today i went over to the school to complain.. if i continue to see cars parked in my driveway i will be calling the city... i have had to wait for people to leave my driveway so i could be able to pull my car out.. and that is NOT OK, i don't care if you see the gate shut..if the bell is about to ring, or your only going to be 5 minutes.. my driveway is not an appropriate place to park!

    rant over...
    barbis9, DaveP, Lyssia510 and 1 others like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

  13. #8848
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    anywhere along southern NB
    Posts
    1,409
    Likes Received
    2518
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    ok i need to get this out

    do NOT park in my driveway.. do not block driveway and get out of your car!! how hard is that..thats basic car etiquette 101! if you can't find a spot park farther away and walk or come earlier! do NOT park in my driveway it is NOT a parking spot! i do not care if your only going to be 5 or 10 minutes(which turns into more like 15-20).. it is NOT a parking spot.. and don't even think of giving ME attitude because your in the wrong!

    i live across the street from an elementary school. i have lot track of how many times i have told people "you can't park here" today i went over to the school to complain.. if i continue to see cars parked in my driveway i will be calling the city... i have had to wait for people to leave my driveway so i could be able to pull my car out.. and that is NOT OK, i don't care if you see the gate shut..if the bell is about to ring, or your only going to be 5 minutes.. my driveway is not an appropriate place to park!

    rant over...
    just curious, are you the only driveway that gets obstructed? if there are other neighbours, the lot of you should call the city. Make them all individual calls over the course of a week or two. (mulitple complaints from different citizens are more effective than one complaint with say 5 names attached to it). The sooner you start calling the better because it will literally take months for anyone to act on your grievance (bureaucratic process). I work for the local school district, and a few years back, the neighbours near one of our schools had the same complaint. (There are about 5 or 6 homes in this situation).

    It took the city some time to act/plan on it... but they eventually sent some city official to come and witness the occurrence over a period of time to ensure it wasnt a one-time event. -- then the city put a couple of street signs up about no obstructing driveways. When they got ignored, the neighbours complained again... another city official came to re-observe. And then they eventually assigned an officer to walk up and down the street and ticket anyone who parked their car (unattended) in front of a private driveway. The ticket was (is) very often on the windshield before the parent (or whoever) even got inside the school. A couple weeks of this put an end to it. -- And It took a little over a year for it to come to this point, but it's done now.

    I'm not saying your municipality will respond the same way, but the signs are still up and the cops come back at the start of every school year and tag a few new-comers to reinforce the rule. (rumor has it that one parent got ticketed three times before he got the clue)
    barbis9 and GoJays like this.

  14. #8849
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North of Toronto
    Posts
    8,782
    Likes Received
    38826
    Trading Score
    53 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    ok i need to get this out

    do NOT park in my driveway.. do not block driveway and get out of your car!! how hard is that..thats basic car etiquette 101! if you can't find a spot park farther away and walk or come earlier! do NOT park in my driveway it is NOT a parking spot! i do not care if your only going to be 5 or 10 minutes(which turns into more like 15-20).. it is NOT a parking spot.. and don't even think of giving ME attitude because your in the wrong!

    i live across the street from an elementary school. i have lot track of how many times i have told people "you can't park here" today i went over to the school to complain.. if i continue to see cars parked in my driveway i will be calling the city... i have had to wait for people to leave my driveway so i could be able to pull my car out.. and that is NOT OK, i don't care if you see the gate shut..if the bell is about to ring, or your only going to be 5 minutes.. my driveway is not an appropriate place to park!

    rant over...
    And this is why when buying a house they say Location, Location Location. We looked at a nice place across from a school and I could not be talked into it for this reason. Then looked at another place that the back yard backed onto the school. (Beautiful it was! Dream kitchen. Music room. oh it was nice) No Thanks!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, Nov 10th, 2017 at 12:14 PM.

  15. #8850
    Canadian Guru Midnightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    12,358
    Likes Received
    6339
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)




    i live in a condo building, it's a short dead end street with 4 buildings on it and a small turn around at the end.. i get it there's not alotta spots, it's not just my driveway that gets used and blocked, other driveways get blocked (pretty much all of them) they park infront of the fire hydrant, and IN the turn around so that a car cannot physically turn around and a person has to back out down the street and hope to find an open driveway to turn around it.. to be honest it's down right dangerous 5 minutes to the bell.. and as much as i dread saying it.. someone is going to get hurt one of these says.. and at the rate it's going.. it's going to be soon this is not just a me being witchy with a capitol B it's also a safety issue
    barbis9 likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •