User Tag List

Page 90 of 654 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 140 190 590 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    I am pleased to say I have no rants, really.

Although tomorrow I have to go to Costco so that may change.
    Atta girl! Positive thinking!!
    GoJays, cath007 and i_forget like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My older sister never or rarely calls me (after I leave a message or two on her cell phone voicemail) or texts me back. Sometimes never or weeks later. If I do get a hold of her she is 'busy' and talks for maybe 1 minute saying she will call later in the day or in a few days. Never does. I don't expect others to phone me immediately and sometimes people forget. This is ongoing.

I don't expect gifts or cards from anyone during the Christmas season. However she will sometimes say "Oh I had a card for you but I lost it, it got soaked, left it somewhere" I would never ask why I didn't receive a card from anyone. She brings the subject up and says the above.

It's her attitude towards me. Every year I send her some small gift such as body wash she likes. I'm starting to feel why bother? Maybe just send a card. I know Christmas is not about gifts, money etc. It's the thought that counts.

And yet if I didn't give her a gift she would probably feel hurt etc. I don't feel like spending money on someone who has this attitude towards me constantly.
    Last edited by toban; Wed, Dec 4th, 2013 at 06:03 PM.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Don't get her anything.. when she says she had a card for you and it got soaked , say.. omgosh the same thing happened to the card I got you.. :O)

Quote Originally Posted by toban View Post
    My older sister never or rarely calls me (after I leave a message or two on her cell phone voicemail) or texts me back. Sometimes never or weeks later. If I do get a hold of her she is 'busy' and talks for maybe 1 minute saying she will call later in the day or in a few days. Never does. I don't expect others to phone me immediately and sometimes people forget. This is ongoing.

I don't expect gifts or cards from anyone during the Christmas season. However she will sometimes say "Oh I had a card for you but I lost it, it got soaked, left it somewhere" I would never ask why I didn't receive a card from anyone. She brings the subject up and says the above.

It's her attitude towards me. Every year I send her some small gift such as body wash she likes. I'm starting to feel why bother? Maybe just send a card. I know Christmas is not about gifts, money etc. It's the thought that counts.

And yet if I didn't give her a gift she would probably feel hurt etc. I don't feel like spending money on someone who has this attitude towards me constantly.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Insomnia....asshole people
    Momof3girlies and Lyssia510 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Being too embarrassed to SCOP something infront of a handsome man.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

My car heat decided not to work today in -41 weather and all it produced was an awful burning smell
    Angela273 likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by toban View Post

hubby's brother is like that.. we used to send christmas gifts up to them (well 1 mass box up to my parents because shipping was free for me to send to my dad via his workplace) and we'd never recieved a card or a thank you back.. found out they didn't even bother picking up the gifts from my parents place (gifts for the kids) until a few days after christmas.. that was the last year i sent anything.. now a number of years later we have a kid and don't even get a christmas card!... BUT if there is something wrong with their car.. or computer the first thing they do is email hubby.. his brother is the same with his parents too.. its why hubby is soo against asking his parents for anything (not that we need any help ) sadly my sister is similar she is always asked my parents for handouts
    Angela273 and toban like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Every time I turn on the radio they're playing unconditionally by Katy Perry on every damn station I have programmed. It makes me want to rip my hair out.
    Dh's xmas present hasn't arrived yet and it was shipped from a city 2 hrs away from me a week ago, I have a bad feeling it's not going to show up.
    I got a promo card from Justice when I bought dd's winter jacket for 25.00 off a 50.00 purchase. Was going to get her an outfit for Christmas. Read the fine print today and it's only off the regular prices, doesn't work with the 40% off the store.
    Angela273 and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

justice is a ridiculously over-priced store.. the only time i'd consider buying anything from there is if it was at least 50% off.. the mark-ups are stupid!
    krysta lynne likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Yesterday I was asked if I am interested to pay $$ in GCs for Nivea $3 coupons !

FPCs trade for GC... ok I get that. But..............!!! ok... moving on!

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I can`t decide if I hate in person (Christmas) shopping or online.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You would think they would pick up the box from your parents before Christmas. Especially so the kids can enjoy their gifts. Not even a thank you or a card. I don't blame you for being upset.

My sister is similar. She used and manipulated my parents for years money wise. They wouldn't hear from her for weeks, out of the blue she phones saying she needs money for car repairs, vet bills etc. Rarely or never thanked them when they sent a box of Christmas gifts, box for her birthday etc. Didn't seem to care about the 'items' in the box, looking for $$. My dad gave her his credit card number for the vet clinic one time. She ended up using his credit card to pay her cell phone bills a few times. He had no idea until his statement arrived. Her bill was overdue, they would only turn her phone back on if she paid immediately by credit card. She 'forgot' to tell him.. he eventually changed his credit card number. She has high end tastes and almost expects others to treat her to these things.. material items, restaurants (ordering appetizer, meal, drinks, and dessert all the time on someone's expense)

I told my parents she will bleed your account dry. They finally (about a year ago) stopped this process. They wrote her a letter explaining why they had to stop (not a nasty letter) and included the total figure of what they have given her (they kept all their credit card statements, bank deposit slips). It was a little over $30,000. A chunk of my dad's retirement money.

She was very angry at them for sending such an awful letter (it wasn't nasty at all.. I read it). Since then she rarely calls and is offish. Even towards me. She treated me the same before but worse now. Now she has a bf, they live together. He has a high paying job and of course she is thrilled. I hope things work out for them. Deep down I love my sister but at the same time dislike the way she treats me, how she has manipulated others etc.

I don't have a close relationship with my parents at all,yet I hate seeing people being used.

On a positive note.. I'm glad I'm not like this! I don't know how people can use and manipulate people. I guess they don't feel guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    hubby's brother is like that.. we used to send christmas gifts up to them (well 1 mass box up to my parents because shipping was free for me to send to my dad via his workplace) and we'd never recieved a card or a thank you back.. found out they didn't even bother picking up the gifts from my parents place (gifts for the kids) until a few days after christmas.. that was the last year i sent anything.. now a number of years later we have a kid and don't even get a christmas card!... BUT if there is something wrong with their car.. or computer the first thing they do is email hubby.. his brother is the same with his parents too.. its why hubby is soo against asking his parents for anything (not that we need any help ) sadly my sister is similar she is always asked my parents for handouts
    Last edited by toban; Fri, Dec 6th, 2013 at 03:28 PM.
    Angela273 likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Every package I have sent or received via CP has been late in the past two months. Why do they even have expedited?
    Chances of this being delivered now they don't even have it out for delivery?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I leave for work quite early and on the way I listen to an encore presentation of John Tory's radio show on 1010. I like his opinions and enjoy the people who call in. So Tuesday this week I head out, flip on 1010 and someone is talking pretty graphically about masturbation!! I look down, yup it is on 1010....I painfully listen a bit more, oh dear Lord!! It is a sex phone in show I guess??
    I flip it to 680 for the remainder of the drive in.
    The next day I forget all about it and head out again with it on 1010......but as soon as I heard a caller explaining his issues pretty graphically, ew!! shut up stupid!!
    So I suppose I have lost John Tory's show then?? I cannot bear to tune in one more morning and listen to that other crap.
    Thanks for listening!! ha ha
    Angela273, MillieH and Candini like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

How absolutely awful, walkonby. Not something I would want to hear on the radio (or anywhere else for that matter) either.

I love CBC radio 2. Helps with the road rage, if you know what I mean.
    walkonby and r0c0upons like this.

Page 90 of 654 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 140 190 590 ... LastLast

Thread Information