User Tag List

Page 40 of 654 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 140 540 ... LastLast
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Trying to sell a parka on kijiji, facebook etc that I paid over $300 for. It's too big on me this year. It's in excellent condition. And everyone is lowballing - like $100.

Everyone is basically saying that they won`t pay close to full price for a used coat and would rather just pay the $25+ tax for a new, refundable one.

So now I have this dumb expensive jacket that basically looks like a sleeping bag on me.

I guess this should be in the first world problems section...
    Patty Smyth and vesper like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Trying to sell a parka on kijiji, facebook etc that I paid over $300 for. It's too big on me this year. It's in excellent condition. And everyone is lowballing - like $100.

Everyone is basically saying that they won`t pay close to full price for a used coat and would rather just pay the $25+ tax for a new, refundable one.

So now I have this dumb expensive jacket that basically looks like a sleeping bag on me.

Kijiji is useless unless you really want things out of your house and are willing to practically give them away.
    If its a brand name that's recognized in the U.S try Ebay even though shipping will be around the 20.00 mark and seller fees suck, or if you have actual consignment stores near you try taking it there. You probably won't get 100.00 bucks for it either way but its more than what you'd get on Kijiji and people on Ebay aren't quite as stupid as the ones on Kijiji.
    Candini likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Found an awesome fringe bag at Winners, didn't want to pay 50 bucks for it because I know I'll be sick of it in a month or 2. Found a near identical one on Ebay for 16.00 from China. I was well aware it would need to be aired out and would need to spend a few days in the freezer to get out that fake handbag smell. Well I got it on Friday and it REEKS, smells like dead fish, its been living in the freezer and used a bottle of febreeze on it and it still gives me a massive migraine when I smell it.
    Sometimes being cheap doesn't pay off because now I'm out 16.00 bucks.
    vesper likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Inflate the price on Kijiji and then people might settle closer to the price you want. Or you can try a consignment store. If it's designer, there's a few on Yorkville. Shoppe D'Or my friend said is good, never been
    Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post

Candini likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Ah the dead fish smell. My wedding dress smelled like that. The designer was frm Australia but the dress was from China. Just air it out outside for a few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    Found an awesome fringe bag at Winners, didn't want to pay 50 bucks for it because I know I'll be sick of it in a month or 2. Found a near identical one on Ebay for 16.00 from China. I was well aware it would need to be aired out and would need to spend a few days in the freezer to get out that fake handbag smell. Well I got it on Friday and it REEKS, smells like dead fish, its been living in the freezer and used a bottle of febreeze on it and it still gives me a massive migraine when I smell it.
    Sometimes being cheap doesn't pay off because now I'm out 16.00 bucks.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

I'm still scratching my head over what just happened. So my ex calls me and asks if I can hold onto rent money for him, he doesn't have the will power to hold onto money. So I say okay yeah fine, tells me to meet him at a restaurant and he will buy me lunch. Meh free food!!!

So we awkwardly eat, I'm talking about DS but he's too busy watching the tv. The he finally opens his mouth an says "so what are your plans after this" I told him I am going home. Then he has the nerve to say "we could always go back to my place and have sex"

Are you STUPID!?!?! Yeah that's clearly what I want to do, so I got up to leave and he gets upset at me "I don't even get an effing hug for buying you lunch?" I just said bye and walked away. Can't stand that freakin idiot. GRRRRR.

I have his money though. Muahahaha.
    All kidding aside, ruined my day. Jerk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    wolfwoman and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You broke up with him before your amazing transformation to a rather tempting look babe right?

I bet he hates himself for not treating you right! LOL! You ruined his day more! Yahoo!!

Quote Originally Posted by shmeelady View Post
    I'm still scratching my head over what just happened. So my ex calls me and asks if I can hold onto rent money for him, he doesn't have the will power to hold onto money. So I say okay yeah fine, tells me to meet him at a restaurant and he will buy me lunch. Meh free food!!!

So we awkwardly eat, I'm talking about DS but he's too busy watching the tv. The he finally opens his mouth an says "so what are your plans after this" I told him I am going home. Then he has the nerve to say "we could always go back to my place and have sex"

Are you STUPID!?!?! Yeah that's clearly what I want to do, so I got up to leave and he gets upset at me "I don't even get an effing hug for buying you lunch?" I just said bye and walked away. Can't stand that freakin idiot. GRRRRR.

I have his money though. Muahahaha.
    All kidding aside, ruined my day. Jerk.

GoJays likes this.

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    You broke up with him before your amazing transformation to a rather tempting look babe right?

I bet he hates himself for not treating you right! LOL! You ruined his day more! Yahoo!!
    Hahaha. Makes me feel better knowing that I ruined his day, thanks Vespy I owe you a big hug and kiss!!

GoJays and vesper like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Went out for AYCE today with two of my friends. We calculated the tip wrong (honest mistake) and the waitress has the guts to ask us to give more! The food wasn't great (but it's AYCE so whatever), service was meh, and they always leave stuff out.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had the local Children's Hospital come in to the kids school last year to provide transitioning supports for DS2.

The last 2 days have been hell. I had to leave class yesterday to pick him up, today I could not get him into school and had to juggle 2 other people watch him so I could go to school, at the last minute, and I was late for my first class.

So, talking to my transition support person this evening, she gives me suggestions on what to do because the the stress from these events is unreal and I have to deal with them even though the school should be....she asks me if the program she had in place was still being used. I asked DS2, he tells me no.

So basically they have stopped following the program and I have to pick up the pieces. Tomorrow is not going to be a pretty day. I am livid.
    thriftygranny and vesper like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    I had the local Children's Hospital come in to the kids school last year to provide transitioning supports for DS2.

The last 2 days have been hell. I had to leave class yesterday to pick him up, today I could not get him into school and had to juggle 2 other people watch him so I could go to school, at the last minute, and I was late for my first class.

So, talking to my transition support person this evening, she gives me suggestions on what to do because the the stress from these events is unreal and I have to deal with them even though the school should be....she asks me if the program she had in place was still being used. I asked DS2, he tells me no.

So basically they have stopped following the program and I have to pick up the pieces. Tomorrow is not going to be a pretty day. I am livid.
    It sounds like your plate is more than full.I take it your son needs assistance and the school is not providing it for him, unbelievable.Sorry this is so difficult, I hope it is just the first of the year disorganization and it improves.Give him hell tomorrow and don't back down.
    i_forget likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Had the suspension in my car fixed today. So I go to the city for some fun, it's raining and I run over one massive pothole and my car is out of alignment and I am certain one of my shocks is cracked.

I think this is when I am allowed to use the F word. But I won't this time, because at least my car still runs and can gte home.
    GoJays, shmeelady and i_forget like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

my boss was off sick for two days so yesterday he came back to work and it was crazy. Didn't get home till late and to make the day even better that wonder thing came with evil cramps.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Why it is computers always tell me "Java is not installed" when I go to print internet coupons? YES IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I spend the next 15 minutes trying to reinstall and print. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Omg what fresh hell is this.
    Doing a walmart shop. About 100 items. EACH item has a coupon. I had some similac cheques and at the end of the transaction he did my overall total on one cheque. Jacked it completely up. CSM told him he had to void my order an redo the entire transaction. Poor kid has to type in the UPC codes manually then take off coupons again. I am going to be here FOREVER!!! Gah!!

wolfwoman likes this.

Page 40 of 654 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 140 540 ... LastLast

Thread Information