User Tag List

Page 296 of 654 FirstFirst ... 196 246 286 294 295 296 297 298 306 346 396 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,440 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

update on a rant I posted
    -about a week and half ago -I was refused 2 old coupons that were(.25) no expiry ecause supervisor and cashier said they were French -but I didnt make a scene-came home and read them -the company was in quebec-coupon was in English and mailing redemption was st.john's
    -so this past sat -I went right to service desk and talked to head supervisor -she read them over and apoligized to me about the other week -she said they should have taken them-and I used a .25 on kraft cheese slices this past sat -so she said to tell the cashier she okayed it -but didn't have too -as the supervisor had jumped on cash

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

My husbands birthday is next wednesday, I bought a phone for him (he never had one, possibly the last person to ever get one). I want to do something special for him but his birthday cannot land on a more inconvenient time. I have two huge essays due on April 16th. sigh. On a brighter note we find out the gender of our baby on his birthday :D
    Trade list:
    CZ Save $1 on any TWO deleverde pasta exp: oct 31, 2014
    Save $8 on Enfamil A+. gentleease, lactose free, nutramigen A+ exp: feb 1, 2015
    Save $5 on a tub or refill box of Enfamil A+ Gentlease exp: feb 1, 2015
    Save $4 on Enfamil D-Vi-Sol, Tri-Vi-Sol, Poly-Vi-Sol exp: feb 1, 2015

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

Is it just me or does the chocolate I remember as a kid taste gross now? Waxy and non creamy.
    Bought Cadbury Mini Eggs for DD and they don't seem to melt in your mouth like they used to. Just kind of break apart...
    Kinder eggs don't taste the same to me. Creme eggs have gotten smaller and they changed the chocolate too...
    Don't mess with my chocolates!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by web3 View Post
    Is it just me or does the chocolate I remember as a kid taste gross now? Waxy and non creamy.
    Bought Cadbury Mini Eggs for DD and they don't seem to melt in your mouth like they used to. Just kind of break apart...
    Kinder eggs don't taste the same to me. Creme eggs have gotten smaller and they changed the chocolate too...

it's not just you.. cream eggs HAVE gotten smaller... i found now that they are in plastic holders vrs foil they have gotten smaller AND they are no longer using "dairy milk" chocolate for the eggs
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by web3 View Post
    Kinder eggs taste like paper. I got my kids a Frozen one, and the toddler(who loves any kind of candy and is never picky with it), took one bite, spit it out, said it was gross and asked for some real chocolate lol.
    macw1960, Candini, d.ot and 2 others like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    Kinder eggs taste like paper. I got my kids a Frozen one, and the toddler(who loves any kind of candy and is never picky with it), took one bite, spit it out, said it was gross and asked for some real chocolate lol.
    I agree It has a papery taste to it. It tastes like veryyy cheap chocolate. It's disappointing, Kinder used to be one of my favorite chocolates Also the cadbury mini eggs are waxy, they don't melt the way chocolate is supposed to...Idk I'm quiet passionate about my chocolate.
    macw1960 and dededi like this.
    Trade list:
    CZ Save $1 on any TWO deleverde pasta exp: oct 31, 2014
    Save $8 on Enfamil A+. gentleease, lactose free, nutramigen A+ exp: feb 1, 2015
    Save $5 on a tub or refill box of Enfamil A+ Gentlease exp: feb 1, 2015
    Save $4 on Enfamil D-Vi-Sol, Tri-Vi-Sol, Poly-Vi-Sol exp: feb 1, 2015

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've found in order to get that chocolate taste and texture you want that you have to go to the more expensive brands. I'm partial to the red wrapped Lindt chocolates.
    JadeAngel, macw1960 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

upset that I can't eat chocolate - I am allergic to it so I gave in yesterday and had a few and suffered. I went to walmart in hopes of some gummies, peeps - something non chocolate and nothing
    francine1985, macw1960 and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    upset that I can't eat chocolate - I am allergic to it so I gave in yesterday and had a few and suffered. I went to walmart in hopes of some gummies, peeps - something non chocolate and nothing
    Cheer up!

It doesn't have to be in an Easter bag to be an Easter treat, right? Gummies. Twizzlers, Skittles. Granola bars. Pop Tarts. Whatever strikes your fancy!

I was allergic to chocolate for most of my life (tested negative only last year). Do you get the stupid comments too? (OMG you're allergic to CHOCOLATE??? Don't you want to kill yourself?? How can you LIVE?? You must have no joy in life!! I'd rather die than life without chocolate!!)
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Cheer up!

It doesn't have to be in an Easter bag to be an Easter treat, right? Gummies. Twizzlers, Skittles. Granola bars. Pop Tarts. Whatever strikes your fancy!

I was allergic to chocolate for most of my life (tested negative only last year). Do you get the stupid comments too? (OMG you're allergic to CHOCOLATE??? Don't you want to kill yourself?? How can you LIVE?? You must have no joy in life!! I'd rather die than life without chocolate!!)

i know a person who is allergic to chocolate.. but technically isn't chocolate she's allergic to.. it's the caffeine in chocolate that she's allergic to.. it's also not uncommon for people to be allergic to the milk protein within chocolate or a nut/soy allergy
    macw1960, torontogal12 and dededi like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Cheer up!

I am lucky the only allergies I am aware of is bee stings (mild allergy that causes a rash) and sunlight laundry soap (mild allergy that causes a rash... Never tried the dish soap just to be safe)

Anyway what I wanted to say is what ignorant comments. How pathetic is someones life where their happiness comes from the ability to eat a certain food. Why bring someone down with such ignorant comments on an involuntary medical (? Are allergies actually considered medical or only during a reaction) condition. I love chocolate, coffee, diet Pepsi, poutine... But I could absolutely live without them if I had a negative reaction everytime I ate them. The only "things" I couldn't live without is my family (hubby, ds1, and ds2) but treats no matter how good are not the reason people can or cannot live.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    try sobeys, superstore, or some smaller local stores. I find everyone goes to Walmart for the holiday clearance and I can often find a lot of the better products elsewhere on clearance even a month later. Walmart is often sold out of the good holiday clearance within a few hours of the clearance starting.
    macw1960 and dededi like this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

SOAB!

My car has been in 'park' for a bit now, I`ve been going out once in a while to turn it on so it doesn`t die completely.
    Today I went out to start it, and somebody hit me! Theres a huge dent in the trunk with a nice foot long white streak.
    Managed to punch the dent out. No note, obviously.

Whatever. I hope it was a nice luxury vehicle and now they have black paint smeared on it.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i know a person who is allergic to chocolate.. but technically isn't chocolate she's allergic to.. it's the caffeine in chocolate that she's allergic to.. it's also not uncommon for people to be allergic to the milk protein within chocolate or a nut/soy allergy
    I am allergic to the milk in the chocolate and I still test positive for it - I wish I would test negative but most of my life I have never craved chocolate - I rather gummy bears or gum
    I don't think I eve had any bad comments about being allergic to chocolate - sometimes I get people saying they wish they would so they wouldn't crave it.
    I do eat smarties once in awhile but I have gone years without it.
    I did get bulk easter candies reduced at Bulk Barn

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Got invited to a bridal shower(I've only met the bride once), it's being thrown by the bride herself and her soon to be mil. Invite states to bring a cash donation for the bride and then bring money to buy the products she's selling.
    WTF? You want me to give you a cash gift and contribute to your income? Whatever happened to just being thankful for any gift you receive and that people came out to help you celebrate?

Thread Information