User Tag List

Page 196 of 654 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 194 195 196 197 198 206 246 296 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    UGHHHH when will the jackhammering outside my window stop???? It's been going on for THREE YEARS!

The construction in this city is messed up!

Yesterday I got off the streetcar and the ENTIRE sidewalk was under construction. I nearly got ran over by a taxi because the streetcar couldn't drop us off at the regular stop. Oh and the cab driver waves his hands at me because obviously I am in the wrong. Then on the way home I was nearly run over by a cement truck because I had to wait on the street to cross the street. Because you know, THERE IS NO SIDEWALK.

Construction doesn't normally bother me because my dad worked in construction for 40 years. I'm used to it, but even I have reached my breaking point after 3 years non-stop
    I hate Toronto construction too! When I was taking my mil for her appointments last spring, it was impossible to get around, every street we needed to go on some part of it had construction on it. Trying to take my toddler anywhere with a stroller was pretty much impossible due to sidewalks getting dug up and subway elevators being out of service.
    I lived in Toronto for a few years and never remember seeing so much disorganized construction as what there is now.
    ROMEO, Ciel, torontogal12 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

im sitting here drinking diet coke (yuck) because dh who knows I only like diet pepsi decided to save 0.30$. he says I have to drink it or he wont buy me diet pepsi on Friday (when he gets paid again) and wont buy me my new stroller (which was a condition of him getting some overpriced game system when it came out and I'm still waiting on the stroller I was supposed to get before ds1 started school.) yes I realize this is several rants in one but I really hate diet coke and really hate that I am being forced to drink it!
    ROMEO, Ciel and toronto166 like this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    I slipped and fell down the stairs yesterday. My butt hit every freakin' step! I'm so sore today and have huge bruises. My one arm is bruised all the way down (I tried to catch myself from falling). Today is so warm I want to wear a t-shirt but I keep getting awful looks.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

My sympathies...just after we moved to this house I fell down the stairs to the basement during a power outage while being 6 months pregnant...

Mega-explainage there...
    ROMEO, Ciel, wolfwoman and 1 others like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Never be too cheap to buy the balloon bag when you're buying a bouquet of helium balloons, or send your husband to get them instead.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

ok i've got a bit of a rant here

i'm soo not thrilled with my daughter's school at the moment! (she's 6)

due to the teachers strike school didn't start until this past monday, she brings all her supplies to school on monday only to bring them back home, tuesday she gets off the bus sad because they have assigned seats and she was put at the back with no one beside her (most other kids have someone they share the desk with) ,my kid has never been at the back of the class ever, after a talk with her last night about feeling left out and lonely at the back of the class today the class day was better... BUT there was a incident where they were doing gym outside and she was kicked in the chest! (she was crying her good friend helped her up and together they told the teacher and kid got sent to the principals office) and i hear NONE of this from the school. i ONLY know my child's teacher's name because i went to the school on Friday and pushed for the info (normally they would not give it out), i have not been contacted by the school in any way (email, news letter, mass phonecall) welcoming them back to school.. there has been NO notices sent out by the teachers welcoming them back or introducing themselves (my friend had to call the school and push them on the phone to inform her who her son's teacher is because he couldn't remember)

her school is currently doing seismic upgrades on the building so the school as a whole (same teachers, staff, name ect..) has been transferred to one of the empty schools in the district it's why she takes the bus with many of her friends.. in just the last few days there has been such a disconnect between the school and the parents it's insane there's no communication, they lost the bus forms for many students (they didn't have my daughter's registered or two of her friends) and they sent a kid (one of my daughter's close friends) on the WRONG bus (there are two drop off locations) many of the parents who's kids bus have never even seen this school (i only have because i made a point to on the friday as soon as the strike was over)

unfortunately i can't pick my kid up from the school every day (and i do think bussing with her friends can be good for her) but you can bet i'll be there on Friday to pick her up and have a few words with the teacher about the kicked incident to me that is NOT ok to leave it up to a 6yr old to tell their parents "mom i was kicked in the chest at school today" to the point where there's still a mark 6hrs later. it takes 2 minutes to make a phonecall or even send a email if there is an incident i want to hear about it!
    ROMEO, Ciel, seylz_gurl and 4 others like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Wow, Midnightly, that's a lot going on.

If my child had been hurt at school, I would have been on the phone to the school the next chance I got - well, actually I probably would go in person asap.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Today there were no jackhammers. Instead, the neighbour (who is a total B) is having some major construction so I hear sawing as if it was in our unit

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    I hate Toronto construction too! When I was taking my mil for her appointments last spring, it was impossible to get around, every street we needed to go on some part of it had construction on it. Trying to take my toddler anywhere with a stroller was pretty much impossible due to sidewalks getting dug up and subway elevators being out of service.
    I lived in Toronto for a few years and never remember seeing so much disorganized construction as what there is now.
    ROMEO, Ciel, Lyssia510 and 1 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

OMG

I think it's time you have a talk with the school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post

due to the teachers strike school didn't start until this past monday, she brings all her supplies to school on monday only to bring them back home, tuesday she gets off the bus sad because they have assigned seats and she was put at the back with no one beside her (most other kids have someone they share the desk with) ,my kid has never been at the back of the class ever, after a talk with her last night about feeling left out and lonely at the back of the class today the class day was better... BUT there was a incident where they were doing gym outside and she was kicked in the chest! (she was crying her good friend helped her up and together they told the teacher and kid got sent to the principals office) and i hear NONE of this from the school. i ONLY know my child's teacher's name because i went to the school on Friday and pushed for the info (normally they would not give it out), i have not been contacted by the school in any way (email, news letter, mass phonecall) welcoming them back to school.. there has been NO notices sent out by the teachers welcoming them back or introducing themselves (my friend had to call the school and push them on the phone to inform her who her son's teacher is because he couldn't remember)

her school is currently doing seismic upgrades on the building so the school as a whole (same teachers, staff, name ect..) has been transferred to one of the empty schools in the district it's why she takes the bus with many of her friends.. in just the last few days there has been such a disconnect between the school and the parents it's insane there's no communication, they lost the bus forms for many students (they didn't have my daughter's registered or two of her friends) and they sent a kid (one of my daughter's close friends) on the WRONG bus (there are two drop off locations) many of the parents who's kids bus have never even seen this school (i only have because i made a point to on the friday as soon as the strike was over)

unfortunately i can't pick my kid up from the school every day (and i do think bussing with her friends can be good for her) but you can bet i'll be there on Friday to pick her up and have a few words with the teacher about the kicked incident to me that is NOT ok to leave it up to a 6yr old to tell their parents "mom i was kicked in the chest at school today" to the point where there's still a mark 6hrs later. it takes 2 minutes to make a phonecall or even send a email if there is an incident i want to hear about it!
    Natalka, ROMEO and toronto166 like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

^torontogal12-can hope that the neighbour's crew is following the 7am-7pm rule unless Toronto has extended hours-then see what building mgr can do. I also feel for anyone in your building on shiftwork-their sleep is going to be messed up as well.
    ROMEO and torontogal12 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Telephone issues-one loose wire spotted ASAP as the source. Seems to have resolved the problems. Had another technician last year but static issue remained.

Upside-super Bell Canada technician! Live person always is better than going through automated attendant voice mail menu.
    ROMEO likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

WOW! My DS was hit once on the school bus. I told the kid that did it that if they tried that again, I would beat the hell out of him. His mother wasn't happy about that but I told her that she would get one too if it happened again. At the beginning of every school year, I would go into the school office and told the principle and vice-principle that if they tried capital punishment on my kid to expect beatings from me. I know this will not make me popular but that's just the way I am when it comes to my DS.
    ROMEO, i_forget and toronto166 like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    UGHHHH when will the jackhammering outside my window stop???? It's been going on for THREE YEARS!

The construction in this city is messed up!

Yesterday I got off the streetcar and the ENTIRE sidewalk was under construction. I nearly got ran over by a taxi because the streetcar couldn't drop us off at the regular stop. Oh and the cab driver waves his hands at me because obviously I am in the wrong. Then on the way home I was nearly run over by a cement truck because I had to wait on the street to cross the street. Because you know, THERE IS NO SIDEWALK.

Construction doesn't normally bother me because my dad worked in construction for 40 years. I'm used to it, but even I have reached my breaking point after 3 years non-stop
    It's been 8 yrs for me - and that's just the city construction (took 6 yrs to build the berm to make sure the new condos won't be hit by a flood ). At one point there were 8 cranes around me. I'm right in the middle of where the PanAm Games will be, or at least the security zone. The athlete's village will be to the east of me, the welcome centre to the north of me, tourist trap is to the south of me (Distillery) and plans for a condo/hotel to the west of me (which will turn my narrow back alley into a nightmare).

Oh and we had a pipe burst on one of the floors, so they are replacing all the piping in that stack of units (thankfully not mine), so lots of banging the last 2 weeks.

Gotta love city living.
    Last edited by Andit; Thu, Sep 25th, 2014 at 02:19 PM.
    torontogal12 likes this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Wow, Midnightly, that's a lot going on.

If my child had been hurt at school, I would have been on the phone to the school the next chance I got - well, actually I probably would go in person asap.

see i didn't fully find out until we got home at 4pm when we had our sit down talk about the day by then it was just too late to contact the school about it, there is also a PTA meeting tonight which i'll be attending and bringing up these issues
    Last edited by Midnightly; Thu, Sep 25th, 2014 at 02:24 PM.
    Darth Penguin and wolfwoman like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow! I am sorry you are having to deal with the school on these issues. Any injuries (that the teachers/office are aware of), should warrant a phone call to the parents. I can't complain about my kids school for that. They are great when it comes to contacting the parents for injuries (already had my first call this year for DS who is 8 and be banged heads with another boy hard enough to give himself a bump and a headache, but the other boy didn't even have a mark, LOL).
    Superpoints is back again! Sign up and earn points and cash in for great rewards!
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/7Np...0a_1VnDfDcJDq8 Thank you for using my referral link!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by aurora04 View Post
    1. We were on vacation out in Alberta (live in Nova Scotia) and while there, we decided to buy my daughter a pair of Nikes for school. First day of school comes and I go to get them ready and they are 2 right feet and different sizes. There is no way I can return them being on the other side of the country and they were from an outlet store. Emailed Nike over 1 week ago and have no heard back from them. I will have to call them on my break tomorrow to see if anything can be done.

2. We bought a new stand up freezer late January of this year. Friday morning, I go to get something out of it and almost everything is melted. I figured the door got left open and took out what needed to be cooked and left the mostly frozen stuff in the freezer as I figured that would be ok. DH gets home from work and he calls me and says the freezer is toast. Sure enough, the door wasn't left open, but the freezer quit working. We had a service guy come out on Monday to look at it, and there is something wrong with the defrost function so when it kicks in, it stays in defrost and the freezer doesn't get cold again. It will be at least a week before the part comes in and he can fix it. I now have to call Frigidaire tomorrow to see what, if anything they cover for spoilage. I figure we lost a minimum of $400 worth of food if not more.
    Final update!

Nike finally got back to me and they are replacing the sneakers for me. I just have to email them my mailing address, the model number, size, etc... and they will replace the sneakers!
    Superpoints is back again! Sign up and earn points and cash in for great rewards!
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/7Np...0a_1VnDfDcJDq8 Thank you for using my referral link!

Thread Information