User Tag List

Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree4745Likes

Thread: August Frugal chatter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I am hoping to do a huge grocery shop on the weekend. so I am using lots up this week. and I want total freezer lean outs. total. so this week we will be using up odds and ends. it will be a great week.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Any fiscal flex room that we had for this month... well it is gone. Our puppy, Pongo, developed an infection in his hind paws, all pussy and gross. We had him in a daycare/ night kennel while we where in TO with DS' surgery. While he was out playing with the other pups, he injured his back paw pads. When we picked him up we noticed at home, they were fresh wounds. We bathed and washed, but they got infected. Last night they were really awful. He wouldn't move and stopped eating and drinking. So, DH rushed him off to the emergency clinic and they treated him. He is now on antibiotics, wearing a cone and we are cleaning the paws with epsom salted water every 12 hrs. The poor puppy. Both him and DS are in recovery on the couch!

DS is fairing better. He is already breathing better (yeah!) but his throat is so very sore, and he is refusing medicine. (He doesn't like the way it makes him feel.) Poor thing. He is only eating one meal a day, and I have to almost force him to sip on something every half hour. But his colour is good, and he does get up to play a bit. Children are so resilient! I wish I was.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Matty's Mom glad to hear your DS is doing well.

Oh I know about animals getting sick, our one cat got sick labour day weekend it cost us $125 just for the vet to come in the room because we had to go to a emergency clinic.

So today was a good day, not quite as productive as I would have hoped. We got the kitchen cleaned that took almost 3 hours (no comment), pickled cauliflower and carrots done, I got the special k bars done and I got 4 loads of bedding done.

Tomorrow I have do to the produce prep, another 2 to 4 loads of laundry (our regular weekly washing plus 1 more load of bedding, not so sure about our dryer they say nothing is wrong but I could not get anything to dry today and since we cannot hang anything outside bedding has to be done in dryer), plus the basement stockpile still needs my attention and maybe just maybe I will get my granola bars made.

Also my guy called me (I was so happy, it has been really hard to not talk to him everyday, he phones me everyday before work and we will miss the odd day here and there but we have never gone this long. we have not been able to talk alot on the phone since he went in only a few times.We have been chatting online but I miss hearing his voice) They have him on meds to make him rest so he sleeping a lot and even when he is awake he feels groggy and I think he is still not allowed visitors (we didn't get very long to talk as he kind of snuck out to the pay phone to call me so we had to keep it short, but I did drag it out a few extra minutes). On Tuesday they are going to re evaluate him and decide if he can go home. Fingers crossed he can.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

evening all. my dh and I had a talk about this coming week, its nice when we are on the same page. we are planning on a OAMC session later in the month. so we were al listing our fav's. now I just need to watch for some good sales. got some laundry done. more to the line tomorrow. and filled 2 bags for the good will, he will drop them on his way to work. that's all from here.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matty's mom View Post
    Any fiscal flex room that we had for this month... well it is gone. Our puppy, Pongo, developed an infection in his hind paws, all pussy and gross. We had him in a daycare/ night kennel while we where in TO with DS' surgery. While he was out playing with the other pups, he injured his back paw pads. When we picked him up we noticed at home, they were fresh wounds. We bathed and washed, but they got infected. Last night they were really awful. He wouldn't move and stopped eating and drinking. So, DH rushed him off to the emergency clinic and they treated him. He is now on antibiotics, wearing a cone and we are cleaning the paws with epsom salted water every 12 hrs. The poor puppy. Both him and DS are in recovery on the couch!

DS is fairing better. He is already breathing better (yeah!) but his throat is so very sore, and he is refusing medicine. (He doesn't like the way it makes him feel.) Poor thing. He is only eating one meal a day, and I have to almost force him to sip on something every half hour. But his colour is good, and he does get up to play a bit. Children are so resilient! I wish I was.
    Sorry to hear about your puppy!
    Glad DS is doing better!
    Yes children are very resilient, nothing keeps them down for long.
    They'll both be back to their old self in no time .

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Yes you are so correct kids bounce back so kick. Here's to a speedy recovery for your ds & your puppy!
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post

Oh I know about animals getting sick, our one cat got sick labour day weekend it cost us $125 just for the vet to come in the room because we had to go to a emergency clinic.

So today was a good day, not quite as productive as I would have hoped. We got the kitchen cleaned that took almost 3 hours (no comment), pickled cauliflower and carrots done, I got the special k bars done and I got 4 loads of bedding done.

Tomorrow I have do to the produce prep, another 2 to 4 loads of laundry (our regular weekly washing plus 1 more load of bedding, not so sure about our dryer they say nothing is wrong but I could not get anything to dry today and since we cannot hang anything outside bedding has to be done in dryer), plus the basement stockpile still needs my attention and maybe just maybe I will get my granola bars made.

Also my guy called me (I was so happy, it has been really hard to not talk to him everyday, he phones me everyday before work and we will miss the odd day here and there but we have never gone this long. we have not been able to talk alot on the phone since he went in only a few times.We have been chatting online but I miss hearing his voice) They have him on meds to make him rest so he sleeping a lot and even when he is awake he feels groggy and I think he is still not allowed visitors (we didn't get very long to talk as he kind of snuck out to the pay phone to call me so we had to keep it short, but I did drag it out a few extra minutes). On Tuesday they are going to re evaluate him and decide if he can go home. Fingers crossed he can.
    You should be so proud of what you accomplished today. Hoping your guys re-evaluation comes back with a clean bill of health and can go home soon & you will be able to visit. Hang in there

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    evening all. my dh and I had a talk about this coming week, its nice when we are on the same page. we are planning on a OAMC session later in the month. so we were al listing our fav's. now I just need to watch for some good sales. got some laundry done. more to the line tomorrow. and filled 2 bags for the good will, he will drop them on his way to work. that's all from here.
    Yes you are so right, it's great when you're both on the same page, good luck

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

im with you Gisel.. my dh likes to do fall baking (lasagnas, sheperds pie, cabbage rolls) this year i think we'll get together with my Mom and sister and share.. alot less work. in the middle of winter when alot of things aren't on sale, its great pull something out of the freezer and enjoy it.
    so far budget wise.. holy cow!
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

thanks for the reminder I will add shepards pie to the list. ok, Monday morning I am working today, only 2 or 3 kids. not sure what. gotta love when I don't have all the info. I have 3 kids planned, hows that . lol. hubby is not working. so he will get the lawn mowed, ect. my plan is laundry to the line. and big freezer clean out today. - compost will be sorta happy. lol. supper will go to the crockpot, and I will do a pasta salad as well, that will clean out some veggies as well. have fun all
    or Swagbucks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well we got to see how the other half live( or more like .001% lives yesterday!). We were sitting down at the Quay having a bite of lunch waiting for our friends to catch the ferry back to Victoria. There was a HUGE private yacht docked( 300 feet long!) and we watched the staff in their white uniforms cleaning it thoroughly and figured the owner must be about to arrive. Sure enough a few minutes later a helicopter landed and the owners were met by the multiple staff who ferried their stuff onto the yacht-what a life!! Just once in my life a few years ago I got to go on a private jet for a work trip which was pretty cool but I think that is the closest I will ever get to feeling rich and famous for a day!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Well we got to see how the other half live( or more like .001% lives yesterday!). We were sitting down at the Quay having a bite of lunch waiting for our friends to catch the ferry back to Victoria. There was a HUGE private yacht docked( 300 feet long!) and we watched the staff in their white uniforms cleaning it thoroughly and figured the owner must be about to arrive. Sure enough a few minutes later a helicopter landed and the owners were met by the multiple staff who ferried their stuff onto the yacht-what a life!! Just once in my life a few years ago I got to go on a private jet for a work trip which was pretty cool but I think that is the closest I will ever get to feeling rich and famous for a day!!
    Ya it's got be nice to have no cash flow worries and be pampered by staff etc....One can dream (lol).

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

More money may make life easier but it does not not always mean you are happier although I woul like to live the private yacht life for a day just to try it out. Especially if someone else is doing the laundry.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hope DS and the puppy feel better soon.
    matty's mom and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post

Gosh, you really got a lot done.
    Hope your guy gets to go home this week.
    jasperandchar and SassyAshley like this.

Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information