User Tag List

Page 9 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast
Like Tree4745Likes

Thread: August Frugal chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning ladies -gotta wear a nice dress to go see my granddaughter's 3-d -cant wait -waiting for people to email me form kijiji to buy a few items -I told them before 11.00 am -need time to get ready so should be making $14.00 from last night and today from kijii so will use that for the nice late luncheon we are going to with son and his wife and her family(every little bit helps in the bigger picture) I showed my son all what I have for the baby-he is so happy -I have a big bag and I have spent about 40.00 in clothing for her and accessories -have 3 outfits ,socks,onsies, change pad etc along with a baby bassinet we bought for them-so my budget is blown a bit this month and next but hey I got everything on sale except the bassinet-I also went to lens mill store - a little store that sells wool /material -used to take my mom there lots -and found a size 8-12 months baby mexx dress on sale for 10.20-my son was impressed he sad in the mall those dresses are like 35.00 to 40.00 unreal-everyone have a great weekend -I will -gonna try to go to shoppers later today in my mail box have a spend 40.00 save 10.00

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    morningall. we have a tonof fog here today. I have people coming today for a few kittens. and I am hoping to get some housework done. maybe start some seeds for the fall garden -- broc,and cabage. have fun all
    People coming "for a few kittens?" Do you breed cats? Maybe I'm just short of some info, but I don't understand. Also, I'm in awe of people who are starting their FALL gardens! I must have planted my tomatoe plants in the wrong place. Not a single blossom or tomato on them! I thought they were in a sunny spot, but there's a small skinny tree beside them that must be shading them.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    August Goals- Keep cleaning and purging the stuff we do not need and post on Kijiji. Shop smarter. Only buy stuff we need/will use and no processed crap. We are really watching what we eat and trying as healthy as possible. Continue planning our meals and shopping the sales. Tackle the list that is growing on the fridge of things to do around the house.
    These are my August goals too.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well had a fun day today saw my granddaughter "ashlyn" in 3-d oh she looks so cute sort of -I think she has a dimple in her chin like her dad and I-tiny little mouth -ohh it made me shed a tear-then went for late lunch 30.00 for hubby and I -then to shopper swhere I cleaned up in savings -had a good day plus made 14.00 from kijiji

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Total thrill this morning - my sister grabbed a 12 pack of puddings that the sign said it was 3.29 and at the til they rang up as 7.49. she noticed and was returning them for a half refund when i asked about SCOP....and the cashier said hold on a second checked the sign, went and talked to a manager...then proceeded to give my sister the 7.49 back in full. My sister is like uhm saundy what just happened so i filled her in about the scaning code of practice. She goes hmmm my friend used that the other day and got ten dollars back on something at walmart.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

so much for a frugal grocery trip today. we were 'supposed' to be getting eggs only.. pftt. whatever.. im not even going to get into it.. guess theres always tomorrow..
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I think all and all today was a great shopping day, obviously spent more than I wanted too since originally I was planning on doing NO shopping this weekend but in the end I am very happy with all of my purchases and happy with how much I spent.

I got new running shoes for under $55, they are name brand with support (vs the wal mart ones with no support) and best of all I ended up getting 25% off (which brought the cost to $55, sorry cannot remember the exact before discount price and they are upstairs), all I had to do was give them my email address for them to send future deals too. My budget for shoes was $100 - $150 (but lets be honest I wanted to stay at the $100, I am used to like $20 to $30 Wal-Mart shoes) so I kind of came in under budget. I ended up with a new pair of running shoes and a part of crocs flats which were 2 for $29.99 plus I got 10% since they were on clearance and I gave them my email address, so I got one pair for me and one pair for mom. All and all I got new runners and two pairs of crocs flats for $120.

I also finally found black sheets for my bed, who knew it would be so hard it was not like I was looking for a funky colour. Finally at the 3rd Wal-Mart we went to I found them, which made me happy because I so did not want to go to HomeSense or Bed Bath and Beyond as I knew it would be $$$$, so I got them for $40.

We also did our grocery shopping, my best deals were:
    4 x Nestle Pure Life Nature's Blends $0.74 - $0.75 (Coupon) = $0.04+
    3 x Shopsy's All Beef $2.00 - $5.00 (Coupon) = $1.00 for all 3 packs
    4 x Grill'em $2.00 - $0.50 (Coupon) = $1.50/pack
    2 X Hawaiian Tropic Sun Screen $4.73 - $1.00 (Coupon) = $3.37/bottle
    1 x Hawaiian Tropic Moisture Sun Screen $5.73 - $1.00 (Coupon) = $4.73
    1 x Hawaiian Tropic After Sun $4.73 - $1.00 (Coupon) = $3.73
    **Yes even when using Sunscreen I have been known to burn and the company golf tournament is only a couple weeks away and I will be spending like 5 hours on the courses, yes we are slow golfers

We also picked up a ton of produce which I am going to hopefully get all processed and cut up. we got
    Zucchini
    Baby Cucumber
    Cauliflower
    Pineapple
    Iceburg Lettuce
    Mushrooms
    Corn
    All of these where bought on sale.

Tomorrow looks like it may be super busy for us, mom is on board (right now) with prepping and preparing things so nothing goes to waste. So tomorrow we are going

*Package Onion Rings (we had homemade onion rings the other night we cannot eat a whole onion but we made the whole onion and frozen what we did not eat on a cookie sheet so tomorrow I will put in a baggie)
    *Making Pickled Cauliflower & Carrots (Mom found a recipe she wants to try sounds interesting as she used to make a pickled veggie salad I loved, these will be canned and stored so we will have them for over the winter)
    *Make Banana Bread (Mom bought bananas because she keeps getting legs cramps, she never ate them so now they will become banana bread)
    *Make Homemade Special K Bars (these are like a rice krispie squares but made with Special K and Peanut Butter, oh they are good)
    *Make Homemade Granola Bars (found an awesome recipe in under 30 minutes I have homemade granola bars)

I also need to re organize all 3 freezers and move stuff around, finish the basement stockpile and we have insane amount of laundry to do. Last week our dryer was acting up so I did not get all the bedding done and with the switch and upgrading beds we have a lot of bedding to be washed. Dryer has been serviced so I should be good to go. If I get all that done I will than work on the bathroom stockpile but if I do not get to that so be it.

But none of this will happen if my guy wants a visitor tomorrow. Than I will be off to see him. Today is his bday and he was told no visitors not even family which really sucks. He was going to talk to the doctor, not sure if his sis was allowed in as I have not spoken to him since this morning. I hated the fact that he was going to spend his bday in the hospital but to than be told no visitors not even family.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I've been continuing to purge and organize things. I've been organizing my necklaces and earrings. I have, for years, used one of those expandable wooden hat racks to hang my necklaces from. It works well. In the winter I bought a jewelry rack that is metal and says "my jewelry". I hung this up so that the wooden rack wouldn't be so full. I also hung up a little painted wall rack that I like. Things are beginning to look more organized. I put my earrings and matching necklaces in old glasses cases and then stored these in a photo box. Now I can find matching earrings and necklaces in a certain colour really quickly.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I think all and all today was a great shopping day, obviously spent more than I wanted too since originally I was planning on doing NO shopping this weekend but in the end I am very happy with all of my purchases and happy with how much I spent.

I got new running shoes for under $55, they are name brand with support (vs the wal mart ones with no support) and best of all I ended up getting 25% off (which brought the cost to $55, sorry cannot remember the exact before discount price and they are upstairs), all I had to do was give them my email address for them to send future deals too. My budget for shoes was $100 - $150 (but lets be honest I wanted to stay at the $100, I am used to like $20 to $30 Wal-Mart shoes) so I kind of came in under budget. I ended up with a new pair of running shoes and a part of crocs flats which were 2 for $29.99 plus I got 10% since they were on clearance and I gave them my email address, so I got one pair for me and one pair for mom. All and all I got new runners and two pairs of crocs flats for $120.

I also finally found black sheets for my bed, who knew it would be so hard it was not like I was looking for a funky colour. Finally at the 3rd Wal-Mart we went to I found them, which made me happy because I so did not want to go to HomeSense or Bed Bath and Beyond as I knew it would be $$$$, so I got them for $40.

**Yes even when using Sunscreen I have been known to burn and the company golf tournament is only a couple weeks away and I will be spending like 5 hours on the courses, yes we are slow golfers

We also picked up a ton of produce which I am going to hopefully get all processed and cut up. we got
    Zucchini
    Baby Cucumber
    Cauliflower
    Pineapple
    Iceburg Lettuce
    Mushrooms
    Corn

Tomorrow looks like it may be super busy for us, mom is on board (right now) with prepping and preparing things so nothing goes to waste. So tomorrow we are going

*Package Onion Rings (we had homemade onion rings the other night we cannot eat a whole onion but we made the whole onion and frozen what we did not eat on a cookie sheet so tomorrow I will put in a baggie)
    *Making Pickled Cauliflower & Carrots (Mom found a recipe she wants to try sounds interesting as she used to make a pickled veggie salad I loved, these will be canned and stored so we will have them for over the winter)
    *Make Banana Bread (Mom bought bananas because she keeps getting legs cramps, she never ate them so now they will become banana bread)
    *Make Homemade Special K Bars (these are like a rice krispie squares but made with Special K and Peanut Butter, oh they are good)
    *Make Homemade Granola Bars (found an awesome recipe in under 30 minutes I have homemade granola bars)

I also need to re organize all 3 freezers and move stuff around, finish the basement stockpile and we have insane amount of laundry to do. Last week our dryer was acting up so I did not get all the bedding done and with the switch and upgrading beds we have a lot of bedding to be washed. Dryer has been serviced so I should be good to go. If I get all that done I will than work on the bathroom stockpile but if I do not get to that so be it.

But none of this will happen if my guy wants a visitor tomorrow. Than I will be off to see him. Today is his bday and he was told no visitors not even family which really sucks. He was going to talk to the doctor, not sure if his sis was allowed in as I have not spoken to him since this morning. I hated the fact that he was going to spend his bday in the hospital but to than be told no visitors not even family.

Wow! you sound super busy! It must be really tough not to be able to visit someone you love - so that he can heal! I'd hate that!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Happy to report my 9 yr old van passed the drive clean test. So I will drive it for two more years and save to replace it. I am a drive it til it falls off the road kind of girl. I just can't justify paying a lot of money for a vehicle. But it would be nice to drive something a little more exciting.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Hi All,
    Well I finally Started the jars this month.
    So today is day 3 of it. So far I have written everything down like I'm suppose to...
    I need this to work...I know I have to stick with the budget.
    This month won't be cheap either...With back to school... 2 birthdays and a wedding .

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    How is everyone's August budgets doing so far?

Any extra expenses you've accounted for?
    Yes. Back to school, 2 birthdays and a wedding.

Anything that you have cut back on this month?
    Yes. My take out/restaurant/fast food.

Any other adjustments you've had to make?
    Yes. The extra expensive of this wedding. It's turning out that we need a lot of new clothing and shoes.

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    here are the names submitted for August, please post which 1 you would like to see in the thread title, Unhitch Your Rich August Frugal Chatter from Granger/August's Back to School Savings from MaddensMomma/AWWWW Gust be Frugal from avoncallingu/Ace the Savings in August - Natalka

August Savings Daze- Natalka
    End of Summer - coupon girl
    Swimming in Savings -Natalka /August Austerity in Action or Auspicious August Savings from cdngal75
    Nancy I'm fine with August Frugal Chatter.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well hello ladies-does anyone know is talize 50% off on Monday -anyway need to do laundry and clean up the house a bit -daughter and her hubby are dropping in from camping around by us -saw my daughter briefly yesterday and she hates camping in a tent -oh well she is doing it for her hubby-his friends -cant wait to see her and chat -didn't get a good nights sleep -some people up the back of us -we singing caraoke drunk in their back yards til 11.30-i had the window actually it was funny -cause they were rotten singers

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post

Zucchini
    Baby Cucumber
    Cauliflower
    Pineapple
    Iceburg Lettuce
    Mushrooms
    Corn

You are going to be busy like a squirrel (squirling away your baked goods and food prep) awesome job. Congrats on finding your black sheets. Hope your guy feels better soon and has a wonderful bday even in the hospital hope he is allowed some visitors even if it's to deliver cupcake or so for his special day.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 9 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread Information