User Tag List

Page 8 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
Like Tree4745Likes

Thread: August Frugal chatter

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Not always so cheery...I can also be a sour puss (lol)

Nancy not you a sour puss i don't believe that,you always have something nice to say
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning All,
    So beyond happy it is Friday (kinda), I so need this week to be over but at the same time some days it seems like coming to work is vacation compared to everything I need to get done at school.

This weekend's goals are to finish the basement stockpile, move some stuff around in the freezers all three need to be re organized and moved around, attempt to get control of the bathroom stockpile which currently lives in our hallway and than maybe just maybe if I still have any ambition attack our dinning room which is where everything from the kitchen gets thrown (literally thrown when someone gets mad), I swear it is the official dumping ground. Oh plus I have to go shoe, bedding and grocery shopping. I think I need to finally break down and pay a little more for shoes to get better support, I live in running shoes and thinking the cheap $20 Wal-Mart ones are not worth it anymore since I wear them everyday, it was different when I was wearing all different shoes and only wearing runners a couple days a week. Hoping to find a good deal on bedding, I just upgraded to a queen and cannot find black sheets anywhere at a decent price, I found one set and they were over $90 so not worth it for a fitted sheet and 2 pillow cases and a flat sheet that will never get used.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do with Shampoo and Conditioner, none of it has been opened but apparently "we don't like that brand anymore" after I fully stocked up on it.
    I fully agree with you - spend all the money you CAN AFFORD on good shoes! Your feet have to carry you for the rest of your life.

WRT the shampoo and conditioner - I suggest you donate it to a Women's Shelter or the Salvation Army. They would really appreciate it.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

oh yeah good shoes mean a lot -I have orthodics which are covered but the runners that they go inot cost 200.00 whixh I have to pay for -also bought clarks sandals last year at the bay for 40.00 -sooo comfy the best summer sandal hands down-remember you only get what you pay for -your feet are important if you are always on them

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I totally recommend the shoe thing.. i've looked for well over a few years for the perfect pair of sandals.. i finally found the perfect pair at Wm.. i was so hesitant on spending the money. but they felt like i was wearing slippers.. now if i could only find shoes that felt like them..
    oh and whats dh do today..buy more plants.. he must have a hidden stash of moula somewhere..
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Ok, so this is not so much for August in particular but it needs to start now this month and continue until at least the early spring. ..... ..

DH and I are both students on OSAP however with DH's switch from Mac to Fanshawe this will be his last year on OSAP (he's been on it for the 4 years of his Bachelor's degree and 3 years of his Master's degree so to apply again for a totally different field of study is just not gonna work, they'd never go for it lol). Slightly nerve-wrecking since I have always worked while he's been in school except with the two little ones *and* being in school myself now, that isn't feasible.

Soooo.... because of the significant drop of income we will be dealing with come this time next year, I truly now have the motivation to really beef up my stockpile and make sure I have enough of everything we will need for a substantial amount of time (ideally enough for a year or more!).

I have started making a list of everything I can think of that can be bought and kept for a long period of time. I thought I'd share my list so you ladies could offer your input and advice for anything and everything you feel may be helpful to me as I try to stock up my stockpile! :p

Household Items

Bathroom cleaner
    Body wash (baby/men’s/women’s)
    Comet
    Conditioner (baby/men’s/women’s)
    Dish scrunge refills
    Disinfectant wipes
    Dish soap
    Dishwasher tabs
    Dryer sheets
    Garbage bags
    Jay cloths
    Kitchen cleaner
    Laundry soap
    Liners
    Liquid fabric softener
    Liquid hand soap
    Lotion (hand/body)
    Mousse
    Paper towel
    Razor refills
    Shampoo (baby/men’s/women’s)
    Shave gel (men’s/women’s)
    Stain remover
    Tampons
    Toilet bowl cleaner
    Toothbrushes
    Toothpaste
    Vinegar
    Wipes (baby/facial)

Pantry Items / Non-Perishables

Beans
    Canned vegetables
    Cereal
    Crackers
    Fruit snacks
    Granola Bars

Kraft Dinner
    Pasta
    Pasta sauce
    Rice
    Last edited by Bronwen; Sat, Aug 3rd, 2013 at 08:25 AM.
    Crochetlady and jasperandchar like this.
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Answers below
    Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    How is everyone's August budgets doing so far?

Any extra expenses you've accounted for?
    I know there will be some this weekend I need to buy new bedding as I just upgraded to a queen. Also a lot of it will depend on plans for the month if we go to the local fair or if we don't (not too worry on this costs us about $40 and it is only once a year). As well extra gas to travel to see my guy. All of which will fit in my budget if/when needed.

Anything that you have cut back on this month?
    Hopefully eating out

Any other adjustments you've had to make?
    None try
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well you guys will be proud of me-I managed to stumble upon a Safeway in North Vancouver that had big packs of ribs for $5.00, good sized chickens for $6.00 and other meats marked down 30-50% off. So I was able to get several meals of meats for dinners and put them in the freezer at our exchange home. I would say food definitely costs more here than in Calgary and of course we all know how hard it is to find bargains when you are away from your usual haunts and know where all the best deals are. Did find wine cheaper than at home though which was a pleasant surprise. Have company coming from Victoria tomorrow to stay overnight with us so at least I have something to feed them! Have a great long weekend everyone!

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Good morning ladies

I'm off to do a cleaning of a empty house ,the family is moving in next week that will be an extra $200 for me .Talk to you laster
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morningall. we have a tonof fog here today. I have people coming today for a few kittens. and I am hoping to get some housework done. maybe start some seeds for the fall garden -- broc,and cabage. have fun all
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Went to another wedding last night. lol. This special couple received a Salt and Pepper shaker with a quote from the Bible about salt (they are religious) with wishes for an "everlasting and flavourful marriage" plus $40 cash. So that is wedding three of four (that I know of) and I have the second of three baby showers upcoming (I organized and purchased a group gift).

My budget strategy for August is to burn some friendships so I have less gifts to buy. lol, jk.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

The most frugal thing I'm doing over this next week is staying home and ignoring all the wonderful things going on in our city - there's RibFest, the Exhibition, The Fringe, and FolkFest - no money to participate in anything.

I'm sure our son will take in some of the fun, and I'll live vicariously through him!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Well you guys will be proud of me-I managed to stumble upon a Safeway in North Vancouver that had big packs of ribs for $5.00, good sized chickens for $6.00 and other meats marked down 30-50% off. So I was able to get several meals of meats for dinners and put them in the freezer at our exchange home. I would say food definitely costs more here than in Calgary and of course we all know how hard it is to find bargains when you are away from your usual haunts and know where all the best deals are. Did find wine cheaper than at home though which was a pleasant surprise. Have company coming from Victoria tomorrow to stay overnight with us so at least I have something to feed them! Have a great long weekend everyone!
    fantastic finds on the meat reductions and of course the wine
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    Good morning ladies

I'm off to do a cleaning of a empty house ,the family is moving in next week that will be an extra $200 for me .Talk to you laster
    Crochetlady likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    morningall. we have a tonof fog here today. I have people coming today for a few kittens. and I am hoping to get some housework done. maybe start some seeds for the fall garden -- broc,and cabage. have fun all
    Have a great day
    Crochetlady likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Morning All, It's chilly this am, going to hang the clothes on the line, need to swing by and pick up some donations for Project FreshStart at 10AM and then hopefully get back to staining the front of the house (need 2nd coat on the window trims) and 3rd color needs to go on the boards on the end of the house (only 2 boards - but they will need 2 coats). Talk to you gals later.

Page 8 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread Information