User Tag List

Page 21 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree4745Likes

Thread: August Frugal chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    back at you
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Good morning Ladies, has anyone had a chance to look at the flyers starting today/tomorrow? Anything that you are stocking up on or purchasing at a reasonable price & feel like sharing?
    Haven't looked too much, will probably just grab a few things to get us through until next week for now.

I did see that No Frills has their bags of individually quick frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts on sale for $1.97 / lb. I will be picking up 4 bags as we really like these, they are similar to the ones at M&M's and 1/3 of the price

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyetea View Post
    She might be suffering from alzheimer's which makes people act oddly. One of my friends has her mother living with jer, who has alzheimers. My friend says that she never knows what state she'll find her house when she wakes up in the morning. Some days, all ther shoes are lined up in the living room, or the closet has been emptied and all the clothes are in the dining room.
    Or just being nasty on purpose.....She definatelly have not alzheimer's she want the control and center of attention...lol
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Hi All, I am officially pissed off, I just saw that the guy in "project freshstart" responded to a post on a for sale site to purchase a turtle for $50.00 or best offer. I am no longer sitting on the fence, I will be donating the items to another charity - thinking the ladies shelter in town. I am really hurt especially with them telling me they had no $ to purchase a crib or anything else. SO it's official the gravy train has come to a complete hault. On a more positive note I have tidied up most of the house & am so anxious to see my dh, ds#1, ds#2 and Chester the puppy. Dh, Ds#2 and chester have been gone since Friday last week and I miss them all to pieces. I have to have a talk with my ds#2 about his turtle tank as there is a swarm of fruit flies on his tank and they are making there way throughout the house. I think the problem is he has been picking fresh berries for his turtle and putting the excess in his room to dry, so it looks like he will have to dry his fruit outside and put the berries in the freezer or mason jars for later use. It poured rain here last night and I was really really planning on getting back on staining the house but the window sills are still damp....so I think this may turn into an evening project if I am up to it but time will tell. This weekend dh has invited his friends that he went to college with to the cottage for the weekend, they sleep in tents and clean up after themselves so it shouldn't be much of a chore for us and dh has made this a yearly event with his CYW classmates - this will be year 4, man time flies. Hope everyone has a great day and evening.
    Oh doesn't' it feel awful when you know someone is taking advantage of you..infuriating really and I am so sorry this has happened. From reading your early posts about this project you started with this family I know how much you put in to it. There are always going to be 'takers' in this world and it looks like you ran into one.

As far as your fruit flies go I was laughing when I read this.My son got a turtle when he was 8 and I can relate to the bugs, I would put some juice in a jar with holes in the lid to make a fruit fly trap and put it in is room. I found our turtle enclosure was a magnet for bugs!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Hi All, I am officially pissed off, I just saw that the guy in "project freshstart" responded to a post on a for sale site to purchase a turtle for $50.00 or best offer. I am no longer sitting on the fence, I will be donating the items to another charity - thinking the ladies shelter in town. I am really hurt especially with them telling me they had no $ to purchase a crib or anything else. SO it's official the gravy train has come to a complete hault. On a more positive note I have tidied up most of the house & am so anxious to see my dh, ds#1, ds#2 and Chester the puppy. Dh, Ds#2 and chester have been gone since Friday last week and I miss them all to pieces. I have to have a talk with my ds#2 about his turtle tank as there is a swarm of fruit flies on his tank and they are making there way throughout the house. I think the problem is he has been picking fresh berries for his turtle and putting the excess in his room to dry, so it looks like he will have to dry his fruit outside and put the berries in the freezer or mason jars for later use. It poured rain here last night and I was really really planning on getting back on staining the house but the window sills are still damp....so I think this may turn into an evening project if I am up to it but time will tell. This weekend dh has invited his friends that he went to college with to the cottage for the weekend, they sleep in tents and clean up after themselves so it shouldn't be much of a chore for us and dh has made this a yearly event with his CYW classmates - this will be year 4, man time flies. Hope everyone has a great day and evening.
    I would be upset. hugs.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Oh doesn't' it feel awful when you know someone is taking advantage of you..infuriating really and I am so sorry this has happened. From reading your early posts about this project you started with this family I know how much you put in to it. There are always going to be 'takers' in this world and it looks like you ran into one.

As far as your fruit flies go I was laughing when I read this.My son got a turtle when he was 8 and I can relate to the bugs, I would put some juice in a jar with holes in the lid to make a fruit fly trap and put it in is room. I found our turtle enclosure was a magnet for bugs!!!
    Yes you are correct there will always be takers in this world which is sad. Turtles....arg...my dh had 2 turtles for over 2 years and never had a problem with fruit flies....but now....I think I will put a fly strip in his room and hope that will help (lol)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    I would be upset. hugs.
    thanks
    avoncallingu likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

When applying for EI maternity benefits... they ask for your 15 top earning weeks in the last 52 weeks.

Are these 15 weeks what your "pay" is based on?

Does this need to be gross income or net income?

Does this include vacation pay?
    avoncallingu likes this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    When applying for EI maternity benefits... they ask for your 15 top earning weeks in the last 52 weeks.

It is gross, which would include vacation pay. Gross will get you more money.

Re: bread

I bake GF bread which is entirely different because it doesn't have a second knead or rise. However, I like experimenting with bread making. I would try the method you like and see what happens. Although, I can't provide any in put as to whether or not it will work. I think at worst you would have less or more of a rise?
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Sent you a pm with some information.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Re: bread

I bake GF bread which is entirely different because it doesn't have a second knead or rise. However, I like experimenting with bread making. I would try the method you like and see what happens. Although, I can't provide any in put as to whether or not it will work. I think at worst you would have less or more of a rise?
    Thanks , I might have to give it a try and see what happens
    Trade List /Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/382792-dreamcatcher1962s-trade-wish-lists-canada/#post5928904

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

well my frugalness ess LOL for the day was not going out and buying mini muffin liners, instead i took two muffin liners, flattened them and put them together in the square holes. worked perfectly..
    i just hope all this baking sells.. i had an idea last night.. if you buy something you get a free baked goody
    if not you pay for them.. makes it fair.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Did you get an ROE from your place of employment? If so, it should have all the info that's needed on the application.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Did you get an ROE from your place of employment? If so, it should have all the info that's needed on the application.
    Nope, I'm the one that has to fill out my ROE lol even if it's after I leave. I'm still working up until the 30th, just trying to figure everything out

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

So sorry Nancy. There are always a few who spoil things for everyone else.

Page 21 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information