User Tag List

Page 16 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree4745Likes

Thread: August Frugal chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow jasper a stainless steel bbq too(that couple has)-our bbq blew over(awfull wind storm last year) it is a simple one $110 last year we bought it -pd no tax at rona-and guess what the lid still closes with a big crack in it -but hubby refuses to buy a new one -it still works -my toaster was my mom's so ancient 2 slicer-I am saving my airmiles to get a new one -hopefully I get there soon-today I went shopping at the mall -I had a 10.00 sears giftcard from closing my mom's account they let me have her points -as I chatted nicely to the guy -only it expires sept 1 -so went to sears to find something for me -a nice white cotton casual blouse 39.99 marked down to 22.00-40%=16.20-10.00 girtcard -pd 6.14-thank you up above mom for my savings-also got a small t-shirt for my grandbaby to be -levis t-shirt in the bay for 4.10 reg 15.00-then I went in and out of baby stores -Gymboree,children,s place ,Disney store -my goodness children's clothing is so darn much-unbelievable unless its on sale or reduced -wow I was in shock -oh well I am picking up pieces here and there for reduced prices cause I am a thrifty "nana"

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

JasperAndChar:I thought of what you said about your ''helping a familly'' project and I think you make the good choice of stopping putting your energy and time in that.Clearly not poor has they said,I live in a neigbhourood very poor and I can assure you I have never seen those things they have in here.(Also out of the subject but I was outside on the patio reading and the number of incorrects things I heard was so unbelievable.Like live with the 5 childs benefit$$$ my ears blood ,seriously and some outdoor things like bicycle and patio furniture got stolen in our street...glad to left nothing outside... I guess theirs drinking mean to said bad things)..And if the people who shared theirs things with theirs are not poor they have some persons to put input on them.Continuing this project sound like they will fool you.Sad society in one sense.I trust my guts,feeling and intuition and I am practically never wrong.

Also thank you about the coupons and couponning response to my question,I think it is because of that.Tomorrow I will stock on a meat sale 2 for 1 that dont happen often.
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Aug 6th, 2013 at 10:32 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

For us. The cloth diaper math is in our favour. However, we, until recently, had two in nappies.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Has anyone seen the MIR forms for the Harvest Crunch Quinoa bars?

If you are still looking i have a few pm me you addy
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    If you are still looking i have a few pm me you addy
    I never find this one either,do you have enough for the 2 of us? If not that is okaie.Thank you
    Crochetlady and jasperandchar like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Also trying not to judge them or myself, however, I maybe have a `stereo-type``on subsidized housing, I thought people that lived there struggled to survive I guess I never suspected that they could afford satellite tv, internet and other perks like a stainless steel bbq which looks brand new. thanks ladies
    I wonder if they have just as much disposable income because they`re paying less for housing than most people.
    jasperandchar and SassyAshley like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    I wonder if they have just as much disposable income because they`re paying less for housing than most people.
    True, I thought the whole point of subsidized housing was that they didn't have disposable income. I suppose there are a few professions where you don't have to declare all your income though.

Sad that there are a few people that ruin donating for the more needy among us.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have to admit I have often wondered how subsidized housing works, what are the requirements. I know locally there is one guy that lives in subsidized housing yet he owns a local business and is driving a newer BMW (probably a couple years old now) and if you see him out shopping when he goes to pay he pulls out wads of cash (we are talking 50s and 100s).

Just makes me wonder as the town is always going on about the fact we do not have enough subsidized housing for the need and have even turned a few motels into subsidized apartments but you have people living in subsidized housing who seems to be living the high life.
    Crochetlady and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Here's my update/plan for meals at the moment. FYI: I am up right now because LO doesn't want to go to sleep in his crib right now.

Sunday: Deer roast (from dad), gravy, fresh garden potatoes (dug a few plants that afternoon), tossed salad (out of the garden: lettuce, swisschard, green onion, cherry tomatoes. Out of the fridge: carrot, celery), roasted carrots, db brought a bottle of coke to go with it. I had a Chapman's ice cream sandwich for desert.

Monday: dh made hamburger helper with a little tinkering, cheap HH, free ground beef, 1/2 price sourcream.

Tuesday: invited to a friend's house for supper. She admitted that she had a nap and woke up 1/2hr before meal time, so ordered in. We had Domino's pizza, wings, cheese bread, with a glass of milk. I brought home made rhubarb muffins for desert.

Wednesday: plan on making deer stew with the leftovers: deer roast, gravy, pot barley, carrots, celery, spices (wish I had yellow onions, but Sobeys did not get in their sale onions last week and didn't have them in yesterday for me to use my raincheck). Again, with a glass of milk.

Thursday: kabobs: marinated steak, mushrooms, celery, young zucchini (from the garden), again wishing for inexpensive yellow onions, with rice and a glass of milk.

Friday: invited back over for supper to the same friend's house because she wants to try cooking that meal for us again.

We are looking at making lasagne on the weekend, but our Sobeys location was out of cottage cheese...so I'll have to try and pick that up another day.

That is as far as I have planned at this point.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Aug 7th, 2013 at 07:49 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I went grocery shopping at Sobeys yesterday for 10% off Tuesday. We discovered that our Sobeys location is currently being re-arranged, so it was difficult to find some items. They were also out of some things that I wanted to pick up on sale, with rain checks, and with coupons. FYI: there were discounted items in our store, located close to the eggs (laundry detergent, various do foods).

My pre-coupon total was $121.20. My out of pocket was $76.xx. I also submitted my receipt to Checkout 51 for a $1 rebate on my free hotdog buns and entered to win $500. I also earned 121 points. Saved over 35%. I was pretty happy with the shopping. I used an FPC on a family sized box of Rice Krispies for LO, and it even has a $5 fuel card for me to mail off. Our LO eats Rice Krispies almost daily. We used coupons on the following items: Maple Leaf hotdogs, ML bacon, Dempster's hotdog buns, mustard, oyster sauce, Honey Combs, Sugar Crisp, and Old Spice Deodorant.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Aug 7th, 2013 at 07:48 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

One of our local Sobey's is going to be shutting down on the 31st until January for Renovations, hoping sometime in the next couple of weeks I will be able to get down there and see if they have anything on clearance. It is like 45 minutes from home so I can't just pop in whenever.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.. ............................. we went to look at a new to us vehicle last night. I suspect we will be putting money into this one, before I get a handle on those prices. I just cannot pay what they want. I am still stressed out about it. .................................................. . today we have rain forcasted for the day so we will be doing lots of crafts. made more playdough yesterday. love that stuff, its so nice to use. a daycare mom got me some corn , from her grampas field. it is so fresh picked it was not funny. and sooooo good. that's it from here. nothing major planned. ................... if it is not raining tonight. I may start some kale for the garden. yummy
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    JasperAndChar:I thought of what you said about your ''helping a familly'' project and I think you make the good choice of stopping putting your energy and time in that.Clearly not poor has they said,I live in a neigbhourood very poor and I can assure you I have never seen those things they have in here.(Also out of the subject but I was outside on the patio reading and the number of incorrects things I heard was so unbelievable.Like live with the 5 childs benefit$$$ my ears blood ,seriously and some outdoor things like bicycle and patio furniture got stolen in our street...glad to left nothing outside... I guess theirs drinking mean to said bad things)..And if the people who shared theirs things with theirs are not poor they have some persons to put input on them.Continuing this project sound like they will fool you.Sad society in one sense.I trust my guts,feeling and intuition and I am practically never wrong.

Also thank you about the coupons and couponning response to my question,I think it is because of that.Tomorrow I will stock on a meat sale 2 for 1 that dont happen often.
    thanks for your input cath007 very kind of you and yes go with your gut it's mostly correct
    Crochetlady and cath007 like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Soccer tonight for my youngest and meeting my sis at the tuxedo shop for my boys fitting for her wedding. They are going to look so cute! Took a small roast out last night and let it thaw but didn't do anything with it lol. Think I will pop it in the oven when I get home tonight around 9pm. Have a work social fun day tomorrow so free lunch so will maybe use the roast for hot sandwiches tomorrow or Friday night with salad. Today's lunch is a fresh omelette that I will make at work in the kitchen. Have been so good bringing my lunch to work that I have so much fun money in my wallet left after each pay period. Which is good since I will be needing to go on a shopping spree in the fall- I'm down 8.8 LBs and 9 3/4 inches since the end of June Hoping to pass on my size 12 pants to my mother in September for good!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    ok so im struggling here.. dh are joining neighbors next weekend for a garage sale, were doing a bake table/bbq.. what do you charge for cookies, mini muffins, bottled water, hams/dogs.?
    I would say $1 as well for bottled water/pop/coffee, cookies and mini muffins probably $0.50 each, hot dogs $1.50, hamburgers $3.

Are you still in the same neighbourhood? Maybe we will stop by to see what you're neighbour is selling

Page 16 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information