User Tag List

Page 36 of 96 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast
Like Tree8552Likes

Thread: Serious September Savers Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    HA.. if i stayed off here, i'd get more than couponing done.. and dh would be so much happier LMAO.
    ditto with my dh!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

[QUOTE=Frugal Lisa;5628477]I have a question, my husband is a pain in the butt some days about the cleaning.... Ha said I need to make a weekly cleaning schedule, does anyone else have a cleaning schedule??[/QUOTE ]

Yes=her name is Karen! btw is your db up for signing up for half of the jobs?
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

[QUOTE=avoncallingu;5628609]
    Quote Originally Posted by Frugal Lisa View Post
    I have a question, my husband is a pain in the butt some days about the cleaning.... Ha said I need to make a weekly cleaning schedule, does anyone else have a cleaning schedule??[/QUOTE ]

Yes=her name is Karen! btw is your db up for signing up for half of the jobs?
    yeah.... I don't think so... I'm the housewife so the house work is my 'job'. But that's nothing new, we have lived together for 7 years. He is just being a pain! Lol
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    shmeelady.. i made art for our wall using that liner as well.. amazing versatility.. great job.. both on the project and the new weight loss.
    appears my dh wants to do the same thing.. start a new weight loss program.. will see how long this inspiration lasts.
    Thank you!!

I am really loving the liner, for the fact that I can make something come to life in a different way. I have a bench by my front door that I may consider re doing with the liner as well! Dollarama win!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

[QUOTE=Frugal Lisa;5628620]
    Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post

yeah.... I don't think so... I'm the housewife so the house work is my 'job'. But that's nothing new, we have lived together for 7 years. He is just being a pain! Lol

exactly.. after 25 years together.. and him being the only one able to work.. i try not to complain when he gets 'picky' about what I do.. or dont' do.. in the end it always fairs out. im quite lucky.. he does it all.. and could prolly put me under the table easily if there were ever a competition.
    some days when 'life kicks my butt'.. he does take over. im NEVER ungrateful.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    I tried to do the threaten to cancel deal with Bell 2 summers ago. I received an offer from Shaw and called Bell asking them to match it. They actually said they couldn't. I cancelled right then and there and moved to Shaw. I have never liked Bell and have slowly gotten rid of all my services with them. Just this morning I paid my very last Bell bill as I switched to Rogers wireless home phone. A mere $9.99 a month instead of the $56 a month for home phone with Bell. I called Bell a couple months ago to see about lowering my home phone. We make zero long distance calls. Besides telemarketer calls, only my 11 year old uses the phone(no cell until 13 ). Bell told me that $56 was the absolute lowest package they had. I told the woman that $56 to have a landline was criminal. I had been leary of trying magic jack. When I got the rogers wireless home phone offer I jumped at it. Because our cell phones are with rogers already we get the home phone for $9.99 a month. You can only get it if Rogers Home Phone is not offered in your area. This is the one time living in the country was to our advantage. YAY!! I am saving $45 a month by switching. And the ultimate bonus.....no more Bell.
    I had a similar experience with Bell...I'm paying the same amount as you, and basically when I phone they told me that there was nothing they could do for me, the rep actually went as far as to say that the discounts are for the new customer...so I'm so out of luck as she had nothing to offer me.
    I told her ok go ahead and cancel my home service and she told me that if I'm going to keep there number just get my new phone company to call and they'll do the transfer/cancellation.
    I could not believe that they were willing to do nothing to keep me and basically said bye .

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Here you go , it turned out amazing, my son works at Pita Pit and he thinks it is fantastic.Easy to make and really inexpensive because I used the .90 cent a pound ground beef I picked up on Friday!!Everyone went to school/work with fresh home made pitas with donair meat. I doubled the batch and followed the recipe to T, even throwing the ground beef into the stainless steel bowl 20 times and kneading it, it made the texture perfect.My son said to slice it up and freeze and it can be warmed up in the frying pan if you want a hot donair.I was lucky I found a good recipe the first one I tried!!
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/dashs-donair/#&panel1-1
    This looks yummy. I think I will make it tommorow. Thanks so much for posting

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvToUseCoupons View Post
    I had a similar experience with Bell...I'm paying the same amount as you, and basically when I phone they told me that there was nothing they could do for me, the rep actually went as far as to say that the discounts are for the new customer...so I'm so out of luck as she had nothing to offer me.
    I told her ok go ahead and cancel my home service and she told me that if I'm going to keep there number just get my new phone company to call and they'll do the transfer/cancellation.
    I could not believe that they were willing to do nothing to keep me and basically said bye .
    If I ever got to leave Bell, I think I'd be dancing in the street. Once I called in about an issue, waited on hold, waited on hold for the agent to forward me, then got disconnected. Then repeat three more times, for a total of three hours wasted. Two of them, I didn't even have to tell them the issue, and just asked for a specific department, so it couldn't have been my issue they had a problem with.....

SC was helpful for me today. LO didn't want to sleep outside of my arms.

I don't know about everyone else, but I am much more excited about the sales at Metro this week than the WM anniversary sale. It seems very lackluster this year. Good. More time with LO, less in WM's crazy lineups. Time well spent.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishgal View Post
    This looks yummy. I think I will make it tommorow. Thanks so much for posting
    I hope you like it, I was a bit intimidated when I started but it went together so well!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

A friend of ours texted me about an hour ago. He asked if we were attending the funeral tomorrow. This is how we found out that a different friend's Dad had committed suicide on Friday. We saw this friend on the weekend and he didn't say anything.... Dh is on holidays this week, so he will attend the funeral on our behalf. LO will be at daycare. Tomorrow is my first teaching day this fall, so I am unable to attend the funeral.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    SC was helpful for me today. LO didn't want to sleep outside of my arms.
    Do you have a baby swing? My LO loved his swing. I admit to letting him sleep in it because sometimes that was one of the only ways he would sleep. We made sure to get a plug-in swing...that way we didn't have to keep paying for new batteries. Standard infant swings only go up to 25lbs, but we bought a 30lb swing. It was well worth the money.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Good morning everyone!
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well off to get my new front tooth today first to the dentist at 12.00 so they can sit it gently on -then I have to drive to the shading place so they can shade it to my other tooth-then back to the dentist so they can permantly place it in place-ohh and it will be so hot -my car has no air-uggg-I think I better eat a nice big breakfast for the day( ohh and on a frugal note my daughter-in-law didn't want all her baby gift bags last night when we were there for bbq-she was going to toss them -nope I know have 10 baby bags-I cant see throwing stuff like that out -plus I have a baby shower to go to coming up -my friend didn't want to invite me cause her daughter just got married in july and I went to the wedding shower -she didn't want to ask to much of me -I said don't be silly I would love to come (this couple is young and just got married and a baby coming 4 months after wedding -ohhh I don't mind

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone! Hung my laundry out this morning before I left for work and heard on my way to work that we are expecting a Thunder Storm around noon today. Of course that's my fault because I did water my pumpkins, cucumbers and tomatoes too lol Will have to call my mom and ask her to fly by my house on her morning walk and take my stuff in. Hopefully the heat drys it quickly in the next hour or so.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Packed the kids roast beef wraps today (even the oldest that is picky!) Didn't tell him so will find out tonight if he ate it or not. I made my coffee at home this morning, a smoothie for breakfast, I have an egg and English muffin to make for lunch and for my afternoon snack I have watermelon, almonds and a Greek yogurt. Will figure out dinner when I get home and use up the veggies in the crisper for sure so I'm ready for shopping on the weekend for new stuff.

Page 36 of 96 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast

Thread Information