User Tag List

Page 30 of 82 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast
Like Tree6510Likes

Thread: October Frugal Chatter - Harvest the Savings

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Well you are frugal on a daily basis so you can splurge a little on such a special occasion as the birth of your granddaughter! Enjoy!
    I agree with lizzie bargain besides this is your 1st grand-baby your allowed a little splurge go NANA
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyetea View Post
    I eat out because I need a break from always being the cook. Ask hubby, and he'll automatically say he prefers eating at home, but he's really thinking about the money being spent. At the same time, he's also the one playing computer games until dinner is on the table. It's a nice life for him, not so much for me, and I'm the one who works full time. Turn the situation around and I ask him to cook, and he pulls out the restaurant delivery flyers.

Yes, cooking at home is cheaper and tastes better for the most part, but it takes a lot of time to organize, shop for ingredients, cook the food, and clean the resulting mess. All that time devoted to cooking means less time for other obligations and activities.
    Agree totally!
    We both work ft but I do all the cooking and majority of chores etc

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

We eat out to take a break from cooking - and the cleanup! sometimes its more of a necessity as you are away from home too.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

I eat out because I need a break from always being the cook. Ask hubby, and he'll automatically say he prefers eating at home, but he's really thinking about the money being spent. At the same time, he's also the one playing computer games until dinner is on the table. It's a nice life for him, not so much for me, and I'm the one who works full time. Turn the situation around and I ask him to cook, and he pulls out the restaurant delivery flyers.

Yes, cooking at home is cheaper and tastes better for the most part, but it takes a lot of time to organize, shop for ingredients, cook the food, and clean the resulting mess. All that time devoted to cooking means less time for other obligations and activities.
    I am also the chief cook here but hubby and boys always do the clean up/dishes....so I can sit on the couch and figure out the next meals, deals, lists etc lol

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

So, if anyone here has ever sold their home and had to move, I need a bunch of tips!!! Where do you start lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Same here. Chinese food is about the only thing I enjoy for take out the odd time.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    great points, I love eating out but can't afford to so have not being so. But when I go out for dinner it's for something I don't make at home because it would take a whole day or lots of expense purchasing all the ingredients, for ex. for me to buy all the ingredients and proper tools to make Chinese food for everything we normally order would cost me a bloody fortune and of course the whole day cooking, cleaning and the nerves. I'm not one that goes out and orders a hamburger or things that I can make just as good or even better at home, I order things that I can't or won't make at home. It's nice as a treat to eat out & I use to do it once a week when I worked at the government but now we rarely do it and if so it's only special occasions such as birthday, anniversaries but having said that we didn't go out for my birthday in Sept. because we didn't have the $. The costs is what kills me, we all 4 of us have big appetites and my 12 year old son must have a hollow leg as he eats more than dh at times. Can't get off cheap like we use to as the boys now both order adult meals and sometimes share an appetizer which I now allow them as they are eating me out of a house. Now I'm hungry for Chinese food.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I plan many meals that I cook once and make tons of different things from the leftovers. I like to know what is in my food and am very health conscious now so cooking at home is my preference for my family. I too am the main cook (BF cooks on date nights) and work full-time and have 2 children in activities (one that plays rep hockey 4 times a week) but planning is my best friend. Sorry if I touched a nerve

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I`m still waiting for the cable guy...no, not Larry...to show up. Weirdest thing, we can get the music channels but nothing else. Hope he gets here soon. Hubby has music on all day...drives me nuts. We did watch some videos last night...Ma and Pa Kettle movies. Hadn`t watched them in a long time.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Went to the walk-in clinic this morning - I have a sinus infection and ear infection no wonder my brain has been fuzzy the last couple days! I had my perscription filled (so glad i get 100% drug coverage) and spent the day snoozing and watching drop dead diva.

Supper for tonight is pizza - 17 dollars for each one from the Northmart here in town NOT a frozen one but we bake it at home.

I did some swagbucks - actually made goal today i think ive really only done that three times this month. Still waiting on 2 gift cards from amazon. Hoping they come before the next 2 days so i can apply it to an order.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Is it because of your fridge or things you had in your stockpile that you did not use?Misplannification too.. It may also have been that some of the items in your fridge moved the temperature dial in your freeze increasing it so high that things froze, check it out. Also if you have things pushed all the way to the back & tight things will freeze. Sorry to hear about so much wasted that's truly upsetting and not something you need. I would contact the people who are giving you these deadlines for your cleaning up for fire safety and email or write them a letter kindly asking them for a reasonable extension. You don't need to be evicted as that will create a whole new bunch of problems trying to get another place to stay. Chin up, smile and give yourself a big hug and thumbs up for all you have done, achieved and conquered my dear friend. Stay strong and don't fret about the things you cannot change as there is no use worry as that will not solve anything but make you sick.
    things you had in your stockpile that you did not use? It may also have been that some of the items in your fridge moved the temperature dial in your freeze increasing it so high that things froze, check it out. Also if you have things pushed all the way to the back & tight things will freeze.

Those reasons jasperandchar and I spend the afternoon,putting things in the locker all tidy up,more tomorrow to do,I had 1 month to do it,totally my fault,so appart be organized and see after if the inspection pass,being sort of happy,resolve health problems maybe moving in july ,school and car,I dont plan anything else if the people are not happy with that,not my problem.I am 50% better than I was before so for me it is a uge progress.Uge efforts of this hoarding things I start to see the end,so I will not consider inapropriate comments of my familly or so.Exausted and hungry now,see you later. I am glad and that motivate me that some of you see my progress ,my familly dont because it is too big
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Oct 8th, 2013 at 06:31 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Went to the walk-in clinic this morning - I have a sinus infection and ear infection no wonder my brain has been fuzzy the last couple days! I had my perscription filled (so glad i get 100% drug coverage) and spent the day snoozing and watching drop dead diva.

Supper for tonight is pizza - 17 dollars for each one from the Northmart here in town NOT a frozen one but we bake it at home.

I did some swagbucks - actually made goal today i think ive really only done that three times this month. Still waiting on 2 gift cards from amazon. Hoping they come before the next 2 days so i can apply it to an order.
    Hope you feel better soon. I know ear infections are very painful...used to get them all the time when I was a kid and still get them occasionally.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Maddens momma that sounds like awful ordeal, I hope you mend quickly and are strong again soon.I think writing your in laws a heartfelt note letting them know how much it meant to have their support would be a perfect way to convey your appreciation. Remember they are helping you now but as they age you will be there for them I honestly think it works out in the end!
    Maddensmomma, I think most of the ladies here are right when they say your in-laws just need a thank you. They only want the best for their family (including their daughter-in-law) and are happy to do what they can.

I eat out because I need a break from always being the cook. Ask hubby, and he'll automatically say he prefers eating at home, but he's really thinking about the money being spent.
    DH fully agrees with the cleanup and prep time. Now with a little one and his crazy work schedule, he's fighting for all the time he can get. I would agree that food tastes better at home, except in cities with large multicultural communities, like the GTA. I can always find something I can't make as easily that I haven't had in awhile.

great points, I love eating out but can't afford to so have not being so. But when I go out for dinner it's for something I don't make at home because it would take a whole day or lots of expense purchasing all the ingredients, for ex. for me to buy all the ingredients and proper tools to make Chinese food for everything we normally order would cost me a bloody fortune and of course the whole day cooking, cleaning and the nerves. I'm not one that goes out and orders a hamburger or things that I can make just as good or even better at home, I order things that I can't or won't make at home. It's nice as a treat to eat out & I use to do it once a week when I worked at the government but now we rarely do it and if so it's only special occasions such as birthday, anniversaries but having said that we didn't go out for my birthday in Sept. because we didn't have the $. The costs is what kills me, we all 4 of us have big appetites and my 12 year old son must have a hollow leg as he eats more than dh at times. Can't get off cheap like we use to as the boys now both order adult meals and sometimes share an appetizer which I now allow them as they are eating me out of a house. Now I'm hungry for Chinese food.
    Jasperandchar, you need to visit my mom on holidays. She makes homemade soup as an appetizer, which is always filling, and if you don't eat three plates of food, she thinks you don't like her cooking. My brother always brings a cake from the bakery for dessert or Mum bakes five cakes if it's someone's birthday (one to eat, one to take home for each of us). On the drive home, I have the seat reclined fully, whining because I ate too much again. My DH is twice the size of me eats a full plate and goes back for seconds, as do I (I miss Mum's cooking). She has always told me that she's sure he doesn't like her food as he doesn't eat very much. Cooking is her way of expressing love and hospitality - and she is very good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    So, if anyone here has ever sold their home and had to move, I need a bunch of tips!!! Where do you start lol
    Are you selling it yourself or hiring an agent?

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Saundyl Hope you feel better soon, sinus Infections are horrible, I get them all the time.

Sweet Sparrow you mom sounds like my Opa from the moment you walk in until the moment you walk out you are given drinks and food and if you don't eat something is wrong.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

That's amazing about the 3D ultrasound! My mum was ALWAYS knitting baby things - then she'd find a baby to give it to!

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    yes she looks like her 3-d ultrasound picture -chubby cheeks,small nose -she may have to bottle feed the baby is not taking to her -but she will not be uspset -and if so I will look for formula coupons for them-I just lyed down I am tired -but now off to look thru my moms knitted things I am sure she has a few hats that are tiny
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh my GOSH, Momma! That's very scary! I'm glad you have turned the corner and are well enough to be at home!
    WRT relatives and hospitals - some people go into denial when someone they love is ill. Some people are just better at being "helpful." Try to let go of your anger towards your "blood" relatives - it only hurts you and you need all the positive energy you can!

I am sending positive vibes your way to help with your recovery! Take care! I'm glad that your in-laws are such caring people!

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    Hey ladies, going to catch up on the thread but just wanted to give a quick update now that I'm home (well at my in-laws home)

Wednesday I continued to experience all-over body pain/aches, tender stomach, hot/cold flashes so DH took me to the walk-in after work. Dr. diagnosed me with suspected kidney infection based on where the aches were the worst, infection in urine and past kidney infection last year.

Got antibiotics, went home, had the chills all night. Tried to go to sleep, DH put a heated throw over top me since I only had a very low fever. I woke up 20 minutes later vomiting, severe pain and with a fever of 105.5. I was completely out of it and possibly had a seizure. DH called 911 and I was rushed to the hospital by ambulance and have been there up until this morning.

Turns out I not only had a severe kidney infection but also pneumonia. I had water in my lungs, swollen kidneys/lungs/liver, trouble breathing and racing heartbeat and was hooked up on oxygen and iv antibiotics/fluids for several days while they sent me for ultrasounds and x-rays.

I have had a very rough week physically and emotionally and missing my babies like crazy (although my in-laws have been taking care of them and bringing them up to see me). I've felt very alone in the hospital and abandoned by my family at a time when I really needed them. My dad came up to see me once (other than the night in emerg) after a guilt trip. Not long ago my dad was in the hospital for weeks and I missed a lot of time off work unpaid going to visit him, yet he couldn't sacrifice his darts night to come see me. My mother in-law and father-in-law came to see me every single day I was there, and my brother-in-law and sister-in-law even came to see me from 2 hours out of town two days in a row... yet my own sister did not bother to come see me once.

Always remember... what goes around comes around.

Now I am at my in-laws for a couple days so they can keep an eye on me and I don't overdo it with the kids. They are always so supportive and would drop anything in a heartbeat for us. They rushed over to our house at midnight to get the kids and have helped us financially with the cost of formula which he hadn't anticipated. I don't know how we could ever repay them for all of the help they have given us.

Please let me know if you think of anything we can do for them. We can't afford anything financially so your ideas are greatly appreciated.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Page 30 of 82 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast

Thread Information