User Tag List

Page 68 of 82 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1219
Like Tree6510Likes

Thread: October Frugal Chatter - Harvest the Savings

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

[QUOTE=Caseythegoalie;5689444]Happy Friday all! Looking through flyers to compile my grocery list. Our amount is considerably less than usual ($180 instead of $300) this two weeks but I'm sure I can make do. We have a lot in the pantry, just need stuff to go with. I made a chili the other evening and froze half so that will be nice to pull out in the near future. Ds and I went to his farm trip yesterday. I won't lie. It was hard. I hope that he got some enjoyment out of it-several meltdowns,etc. He seemed to really like the wagon ride.

oh what a great picture, I just read a thread that WM is now pming across Canada, maybe call your WM and see if this is the case you might be able to stretch your budget further, the new policy apparently came out on Monday so they've had a few days to hear about it. I'm in the same boat as you, getting creative with the funds and where and how to spend. Good luck and let us know how you did.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Well I read a post on SC by dariuz (spelling) that WM is now pming all flyers across Canada, this is awesome news as we can now take advantage of the sales across the country, potentially could lead to more frugal savings for all. I am going to call my WM and inquire about his before heading out this weekend, I also want to find out if they will accept virtual pming via tablets, laptops and such. So excited!!! Also for those of you that are not aware WM accepts competitor coupons as well so Coupon Zone, Target, etc....so HAPPY.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    sounds like fun, I wish my guests brought the ingredients to make us meals (lol), very kind of you and I'm sure will be a treat for your sisters as you said she is not much of a cook.
    She is very good to me and my boys so I try to do what I can. She took my oldest out to dinner Wednesday night while I was out of town with youngest for the dentist. Then she took him to mall and bought him and his brother big bags of chips, his fav fruit (blackberries) and then took him to Sportchek and bought him new shoes (reg $89.99 on for $39.99) And she won't let me pay her back!!! He never wants to go shopping and is so picky so she made him try them on and then he says he loves them lol I'm sending her with him shopping from now on as he gives me such a hard time.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    She is very good to me and my boys so I try to do what I can. She took my oldest out to dinner Wednesday night while I was out of town with youngest for the dentist. Then she took him to mall and bought him and his brother big bags of chips, his fav fruit (blackberries) and then took him to Sportchek and bought him new shoes (reg $89.99 on for $39.99) And she won't let me pay her back!!! He never wants to go shopping and is so picky so she made him try them on and then he says he loves them lol I'm sending her with him shopping from now on as he gives me such a hard time.
    that's fantastic, yes send her and him to go shopping together, my eldest is so picky with footwear (shoes, boots and especially socks), sounds like you have a great sister.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    that's fantastic, yes send her and him to go shopping together, my eldest is so picky with footwear (shoes, boots and especially socks), sounds like you have a great sister.
    She is great!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

OMG WM now PM's across Canada.. and takes Target coupons..
    *THUMP*..

sorry.. i fainted at that one.. WOW. holy doozle.. that just changed my shopping list..

found some awesome deals already. and who knew you could buy grocery items for xmas gifts. im making up a basket for a neighbor.. every little bit i save on stuff for it is awesome.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    *THUMP*..

sorry.. i fainted at that one.. WOW. holy doozle.. that just changed my shopping list..

found some awesome deals already. and who knew you could buy grocery items for xmas gifts. im making up a basket for a neighbor.. every little bit i save on stuff for it is awesome.
    What?!?!?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am working at home today, which should be frugal but since I started the day at the vet (scheduled) and spent 155.00 not so much. Thought about stopping for coffee on the way home, but seriously I am the only one that drinks coffee and I have enough here to last me until forever. I am also helping out at school for hot lunch for DS#2. He loves when I do that and is a nice break in the day. then to be an awesome mom I am picking the DS#1 up after school. He has close to an hour on the bus and I can get him in less than 10 minutes. NOt to do the job that I am actually paid for. Later ladies.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    *THUMP*..

Double check with your location but it is in the WM policy that they accept competitors coupons so that does include competitors such as Target, Loblaws chains (coupon zone) and whatever else you can come up with. I don't want to lead you astray but I have asked at my store and have been doing it for about 1 month now, sorry I didn't share sooner. I has to be $ off coupons not b1g1 etc so for example $1.00 off Knorr sidekicks. ADDING: that WM does accept competitor coupons but they are added like a price match if that makes sense if not pm me I can explain more, so you can't pm and use a competitor coupon but my WM let's let use a competitor coupon they enter as price match and then I can use a manufacturer coupon as well. So ask your CSMs.
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Fri, Oct 25th, 2013 at 11:46 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I read about WM last night. I'm not sure about my local WM pm'ing other areas in Canada. I'd definately have to call and talk to the cs manager. They had issues pm'ing a local flier and letting me use a low value coupon on the same item. Partially depends on who you get. It certainly has potential since our local WM is currently becoming a Super WM...so they will have more food items. Ontario consistently has lower food prices on items, so it certainly has potential.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Is there a link or something where a person can print off the new WM coupon and pm'ing policy?
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I read about WM last night. I'm not sure about my local WM pm'ing other areas in Canada. I'd definately have to call and talk to the cs manager. They had issues pm'ing a local flier and letting me use a low value coupon on the same item. Partially depends on who you get. It certainly has potential since our local WM is currently becoming a Super WM...so they will have more food items. Ontario consistently has lower food prices on items, so it certainly has potential.
    I hear you Angela...I'm in a similar boat....
    The Walmart closest to me is great at accepting coupons and price matching smaller local stores, but does not stock a lot of the stuff.
    The Walmart about 40 mins from me is bigger (Superstore) and stock a lot more stuff, but will not price match smaller local stores, according to this location it has to be a competitor, and these smaller local stores are not there competitor.
    Don't even get me started on the competitors coupons.... they will not accept Loblaws chains (coupon zone) coupons or any store specific coupons.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Is there a link or something where a person can print off the new WM coupon and pm'ing policy?
    I have not seen the new policy that was made official on Monday posted on here yet, I am sure that it will be posted shortly, however, the accepting competitors coupons should be in the older version and I am sure will still be in the new version. I think there is a thread somewhere on here where the policies are but I am not much help as I don't know where to find it/them. Maybe do a google for the new policy

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

thanks for the tip Jas .. i have two close to me one smaller one larger and expecting to expand to a SC soon. so lots of opportunities if its true. will as at the CSD just to be sure.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I find in general Wal-Mart are hit and miss with their own policies.

The SC location I go to all the time will do something for me one week and not that next. Not so much with coupons but with Price Matches. Which I find kind of funny as I have heard other SC members from the area say they will Price Match any Ontario flyer but I have had them reject most smaller store flyer from where I live (45 minutes away) saying it is out of their competition area.

As for competitor coupons there has been a huge debate over this for quite some time. Mine takes them no problem actually it was a CSM who told me to do it as one day I was checking out and she saw my Zehrs flyer with Coupon Zone coupons attached (Zehrs is literally 2 minutes down the road from Wal-Mart here) and she told me to to use them here and actually mine will price match, use a competitor coupon and let me use a manufacture coupon. Example (this is old) Cheese is normally $8.99 at Wal-Mart on Sale at Zehrs for $4.99 plus there was a Coupon Zone for $2.00 WUB 2 plus I had a $0.75 Tear Pad so they did the price match as $3.99 plus the $0.75 tear pad. I told her the reason I was not using the coupon was Zerhs has it on sale and she is the one who told me to use all 3 (price match, CZ and manufacture coupon) (so please if this was wrong I am sorry but they told me their policy allowed it so I did it). I have heard some others say to use a competitors coupon it must say what the price will be after the coupon amount is removed, I have never run into this so I do not know if it is true or not.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 68 of 82 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 ... LastLast

Thread Information