User Tag List

Page 66 of 82 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 ... LastLast
Like Tree6510Likes

Thread: October Frugal Chatter - Harvest the Savings

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    Im trying to save a little on electric heating our house.. i have candles going as we speak. its amazing how 3 little candles can warm up a house and create enough light to see.
    its quite cozy.
    MrsSunshine! Thank you so much for the jam coupons! Very much appreciated

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I made a fire in the woodstove as I couldn't take the cold it will take a while for the heat to spread but boy there's nothing like heat from wood. I had a chat with my oldest last night as he told his younger brother that Mr. Cringle don't want to use the word incase there are some little people reading "does not exist" I was so devastated that he would outright say this to his brother who is only 10 and is a definite believer. I told him that the choice is his to believe or choose not to believe but not ruin the Christmas spirit for others with his disbelief, I think he got my point and I also made the point of saying that non-believers do not get the perks that believers do . The boys have been arguing since last night since they both decided to each pay 1/2 of a xbox game. Jaden likes to get a rise out of his brother and Logan is very soft hearted, so I told them until they can treat each other with the respect that they rightfully deserve there will be no playing that game period. I'm expecting my oldest to walk in the door and say he is sorry right away, however, he needs more so to apologize to his brother and choose his words more carefully as you cannot take back the hurtful words and actions that we dish out.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

That can be a very touchy subject. I never even heard of you know who til I started school. The religion I was brought up in didn`t allow it.
    Just got home from getting my hair cut. It`s snowing...huge wet flakes. Stopped to pick up the mail and got soaked.
    Now I need to get back to crocheting.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    That can be a very touchy subject. I never even heard of you know who til I started school. The religion I was brought up in didn`t allow it.
    Just got home from getting my hair cut. It`s snowing...huge wet flakes. Stopped to pick up the mail and got soaked.
    Now I need to get back to crocheting.
    well just seen tiny snowflakes so I guess I was right in making a fire as it's supposed to go below tonight again. Hope you got some goodies in the mail. Happy crocheting!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

It's time to start throwing your names for the November Frugal Chatter thread in the Hat, please post yours, the more the merrier'

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

November frugal chatter name suggestion -

It's Nifty to be Thrifty!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just sold most of my extra 0-3 month baby clothes for $50. I spent that much this morning between the grocery store and a few things at the Dollar Tree (I needed new hair clips and little gloves). I found a bunch of new to me coupons at Sobeys this morning, so I am putting some up for trade. I now have $100 on my club sobeys card. Progress...even though I still need more teaching days booked. I went for "coffee" at one of the schools this morning in hopes of drumming up more work and reminding people that they can call me.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I made a fire in the woodstove as I couldn't take the cold it will take a while for the heat to spread but boy there's nothing like heat from wood. I had a chat with my oldest last night as he told his younger brother that Mr. Cringle don't want to use the word incase there are some little people reading "does not exist" I was so devastated that he would outright say this to his brother who is only 10 and is a definite believer. I told him that the choice is his to believe or choose not to believe but not ruin the Christmas spirit for others with his disbelief, I think he got my point and I also made the point of saying that non-believers do not get the perks that believers do . The boys have been arguing since last night since they both decided to each pay 1/2 of a xbox game. Jaden likes to get a rise out of his brother and Logan is very soft hearted, so I told them until they can treat each other with the respect that they rightfully deserve there will be no playing that game period. I'm expecting my oldest to walk in the door and say he is sorry right away, however, he needs more so to apologize to his brother and choose his words more carefully as you cannot take back the hurtful words and actions that we dish out.
    Last year at Thanksgiving my sister said something about "Mr. Kringle " not being real. She caught herself because my 10 year old son walked into the room. My husband assumed he had heard her so when we got home, my husband said he was not real. Turns out my son hadn't heard my sister. He bawled his eyes out! Then he asked about the Easter Bunny. Oh boy. I assumed when you were 10 you didn't believe anymore. My husband felt terrible!!!! We were able to salvage it by my saying daddy was mistaken....etc, etc. My son was doubtful, but still had a good Christmas. The Christmas before that my mom asked what he would like. I told her a certain lego set, which she purchased. It was kept at her house to be opened at Christmas dinner. Christmas morning my son kept opening presents and was visibly sad. We realized that he was looking for the lego set, thinking Mr. Kringle would have brought it. IT WAS HORRIBLE!!!!!!!! I had to make some big story how he must have thought we were going to grandma's house first. I still feel bad just writing it. Needless to say it was totally anti-climactic when he finally opened it.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I remember when I was a kid Jas.. i wanted a tape player SO bad one year.... opened all my gifts.. nothing.. i was so sad.. then my sisters showed up from out of town.. guess what i finally got.. woohoo i was so happy.. felt like dreams really do come true that year..

i can't even remember when my two finally realized *I* was Mrs Kringle
    although i still like to say.. when they ask for something.. put it on your list for Santa.. LOL

well i went to our 'infamous' rummage sale this morning.. scored myself the nicest, coziest, longest, chickest looking black coat..even has a button at the bottom to secure from the wind and a fur lined hood i literally disappear into..
    $10.. im SO freakin happy.. always looking for something lightweight but warm that covers down to my knees.

also scored a few other goodies for xmas.. its amazing if you take the time to really think about things what you can do.
    I have a larger than normal rectangular table that is hard to find runners for.. i was looking for either a sage green, gold or red runner for my table..
    i actually found a red silk one.. its so pretty.
    i could have gone nuts but was taking two buses home so had to be careful.. however...im taking some measurements and planning on going back to get a few more things.. esp. if they are still there on the last day when its all 50% off.
    i really need to stop watching youtubed vidoes of peoples homes at christmas.. LOL
    anyway back home now and fully stoked to clean my house.. right after lunch.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I remember when I was a kid Jas.. i wanted a tape player SO bad one year.... opened all my gifts.. nothing.. i was so sad.. then my sisters showed up from out of town.. guess what i finally got.. woohoo i was so happy.. felt like dreams really do come true that year..

although i still like to say.. when they ask for something.. put it on your list for Santa.. LOL

well i went to our 'infamous' rummage sale this morning.. scored myself the nicest, coziest, longest, chickest looking black coat..even has a button at the bottom to secure from the wind and a fur lined hood i literally disappear into..
    $10.. im SO freakin happy.. always looking for something lightweight but warm that covers down to my knees.

also scored a few other goodies for xmas.. its amazing if you take the time to really think about things what you can do.
    I have a larger than normal rectangular table that is hard to find runners for.. i was looking for either a sage green, gold or red runner for my table..
    i could have gone nuts but was taking two buses home so had to be careful.. however...im taking some measurements and planning on going back to get a few more things.. esp. if they are still there on the last day when its all 50% off.
    i really need to stop watching youtubed vidoes of peoples homes at christmas.. LOL
    thanks for sharing, lucky ducky on the coat and your finds, gotta love those days when things just work out and you find things that you are wanting and/or needing. I know what you mean about looking at pictures of peoples houses, etc...pintrest is amazing and you get so many ideas but to find the things to do this at super prices is even more stunning in my opinion.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    Last year at Thanksgiving my sister said something about "Mr. Kringle " not being real. She caught herself because my 10 year old son walked into the room. My husband assumed he had heard her so when we got home, my husband said he was not real. Turns out my son hadn't heard my sister. He bawled his eyes out! Then he asked about the Easter Bunny. Oh boy. I assumed when you were 10 you didn't believe anymore. My husband felt terrible!!!! We were able to salvage it by my saying daddy was mistaken....etc, etc. My son was doubtful, but still had a good Christmas. The Christmas before that my mom asked what he would like. I told her a certain lego set, which she purchased. It was kept at her house to be opened at Christmas dinner. Christmas morning my son kept opening presents and was visibly sad. We realized that he was looking for the lego set, thinking Mr. Kringle would have brought it. IT WAS HORRIBLE!!!!!!!! I had to make some big story how he must have thought we were going to grandma's house first. I still feel bad just writing it. Needless to say it was totally anti-climactic when he finally opened it.
    oh my goodness, thanks for sharing, poor guy and nice save in the end but I can only imagine the devestation of the realization and your poor dh, I can only imagine his guilt.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I remember one year really wanting a girl Cabbage Patch girl. I was so upset when I opened it and saw it thinking it was a boy because her ponytails were tied back. I didn't understand why Santa brought me this boy lol Was happy when I finally got her out of the box!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I tell my teenager the same thing, put it on your Santa list lol. He totally believes in the magic and doesn't want to ruin it for his brother. And don't you get more when you believe anyway? lol

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I SO remember CP babies too.. i actually won my very own at a school draw.. only draw i entered. i was so happy.. my Dad even 'installed a brace' on her front teeth for me.. then we both had braces
    so im now trying to take stock over my goal chart for this month.. only a week left. yikes.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our 13 month old son just coloured his first picture for me. I taped a blank page to his high chair and gave him waxed crayons. I had to stop him from eating them. He had great fun tossing them on the floor, but every mark on that page was made by him. It was fun.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 66 of 82 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 ... LastLast

Thread Information