User Tag List

Page 76 of 82 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1219
Like Tree6510Likes

Thread: October Frugal Chatter - Harvest the Savings

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    saundyl-Pay $300 on credit cards - most going to prepayment of Christmas gifts except for the $86 already spent on the card. This is done!
    - Finish 2 more scarves, a few dish cloths and my wrap for knitting. - next year i'd like to have enough knitted for scarves, dish cloths, wraps, baby blankets to participate in a craft sale
    have come to a stand still on knitting the last couple weeks should do some tonight and tomorrow night though. - I have 3 scarves and 3 dish cloths complete. My wrap came to a tangled miserable end for now
    - Put my entire GST refund into savings. Done the first week of October
    - Another $25 in Gift cards for Swagbucks/Amazon.ca - I've gone from having $30 in Amazon cards to having $50 and applied them to various xmas gift orders. After christmas is done I've decided swagbucks will continue to be amazon cards and im going to save them to pay atleast part of a new laptop. --- now at $70 applied to Christmas gifts in total and can order another $10 on the first of November currently.
    -Put an extra non christmas related $75 on my capital one - I'm gonna move this goal to December.
    -Have 10 of the 15 christmas gifts ordered and completed - - I'm done Mom, one sister, both grandparents both brothers in law and both my neice and nephew. I have partial gifts and stocking stuffers for the boys and ideas for my bf (bf and boys are being finished november 15th) Ordering the 2nd sister's gift on friday. the 3rd sister - still debating.
    -catchup on the last 50 of the late part of the power bill.
    - done!
    You did Outstanding on your goals/challenges, much better than me I lost my mojo 1/2 way through the month. Congrats on all you've accomplished you should be so proud
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    Just caught up on 11 pages of this thread. Haven't been up to doing much lately, feeling very down, very tired.. Not sure whether it's PPD or not and next Dr. appointment is two weeks away. Might make an appointment before then if I can.

Had DS' birthday on the weekend. Tried to be as frugal as possible. We had bought him a $100 Lego set he really wanted but then went on sale for 20% off so took it back to get almost $25 back after taxes. Also bought him a cheap board game $10.49 minus $5 coupon. And he got his angry bird tshirts and puzzle that I found at the $ store.

For his party my MIL brought over a box of Costco burgers leftover from baby shower and insisted on buying him a cake (we were planning on making one). I had bought everything to make a nice veggie tray but my dad showed up with both a veggie and fruit tray so we have lots of veggies to use up this week, will make a nice stir fry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    oh hun so sorry your are feeling down and tired, make a point of calling your dr's office today to move your appointment up, PPD is not something to put on the back burner, I had it for 1 1/2 years and it's not something I recommend leaving for another 2 weeks. Let us know how things go. Fantastic that you had a stress free birthday party for your ds food wise, always nice when this things happen that people show up with food goodies. Congrats on returning the lego and getting the difference back, lego is so expensive to begin with, thank goodness last year was the last year that my kids wanted it. Hope you feel better soon and please call today even if it feels like it can wait, don't take a chance.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Names for November thread still needed.....imagination doesn't have to include the word November maybe something symbolic or fresh????
    Crochetlady and avoncallingu like this.

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Hi All,
    Happy Wednesday...
    Getting my Halloween treat bags together.
    Then running over to the SS.
    Have a great day all.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hi Ladies, it snowed overnight, oh my goodness it got me looking at the calendar and only 8 more Saturdays until Christmas weekend, eek...Dh and I have to go to the Quebec side to sign papers at the notaries for the waterfront property that we purchased on behalf and with our boys monies (we have automatic deposits in the amount of $25.00 each week in their accounts) and boys does it add up. Anyways the appointment is 1 1/2 hours away (hopefully my OCD will take a backseat (lol), the appointment is not until 515PM so dh can come home from 1/2 day at work and rest his back. In-laws will be feeding the kids tonight and keep them until we pick them up, my oldest is old enough to stay home and watch his db, however, they fight like cats and dogs so I don't want to leave them alone for that long. Plan is to head to WM tomorrow and get some more McCain fries for .47 a bag (my WM allows me to use 1 cp zone and 1 manu) so cheap treat. Going to stop at IGA since we will be on the Quebec side and use my $3.00 Dr. Oetker Casa pizza coupons as they are on sale there for $3.23 - $3.00 = .23 + tx yippee, I've never purchased these but they seem small. Hoping they have some in stock tonight. Hope everyone has a great day. I have not met all my goals/challenges for October and I'm okay with that, I will carry some of them into November, however, my biggest goal is to purchase items for $1.00 or less with the exception of meats, I plan to do this and I do believe it's possible especially since we are well stocked on most items and the flyers have been pretty skimpy sales wise for us. Enjoy your day ladies and chat soon.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvToUseCoupons View Post
    Hi All,
    Happy Wednesday...
    Getting my Halloween treat bags together.
    Then running over to the SS.
    Have a great day all.
    We don't get trick or treaters (I wish we did), we are rural. But ds#2 still wants to make up treat bags for his classmates which he will be doing tonight while we watch survivor, I hid the candies and took them out yesterday, I love making the treat bags as well.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Names for November thread still needed.....imagination doesn't have to include the word November maybe something symbolic or fresh????
    Not meaning to offend anyone with these names just try to be creative, Respect thy Budget (lol), Remember the budget, Tightwad November, Creative spenders, ????

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

cath007 hope all is okay with you, haven't seen you post on here for a while,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Another Name suggestion to add to your list would be Frugal friends or Frugal November friends.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

ARGH got up this morning and my laptop wont power on. Its old (like 6 years old) so It doesnt surprise me, I'll work on fixing it tonight but i really dont want to have to replace it yet.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

You did Outstanding on your goals/challenges, much better than me I lost my mojo 1/2 way through the month. Congrats on all you've accomplished you should be so proud
    I've very proud of what I got done this month. Thank you.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvToUseCoupons View Post
    Great! Thank you.
    Ididn't see it when I was there on the weekend.
    Will go by tomorrow to see if there is any now.
    if you need some pm me, I don't have enough freezer room to use them all

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[QUOTE=jasperandchar;5696606]Not meaning to offend anyone with these names just try to be creative, Respect thy Budget (lol), Remember the budget, Tightwad November, Creative spenders, ????

Not offended. I thought along the same lines and thought that some one might not like adding the word remember to the title. At least you thought of some, my brain is really lacking catchy November names.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    ARGH got up this morning and my laptop wont power on. Its old (like 6 years old) so It doesnt surprise me, I'll work on fixing it tonight but i really dont want to have to replace it yet.
    Hope it's an easy fix

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

[QUOTE=cdngal75;5696708]
    Not meaning to offend anyone with these names just try to be creative, Respect thy Budget (lol), Remember the budget, Tightwad November, Creative spenders, ????

Not offended. I thought along the same lines and thought that some one might not like adding the word remember to the title. At least you thought of some, my brain is really lacking catchy November names.
    I just can't believe tomorrow is already the last day of November, oh my goodness. I'm sure you can come up with something, don't be shy.

Page 76 of 82 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast

Thread Information