User Tag List

Page 77 of 82 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1219
Like Tree6510Likes

Thread: October Frugal Chatter - Harvest the Savings

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

On a good note I was able to buy DH a Christmas gift today for practically nothing
    Something he has been asking for a while (not going to say since he is home from work trying to creep next to me).
    Regular price at Sears was $99.99, they had it on Amazon for $79.99 and 50% off today so $39.99 plus tax and free shipping, then used $45 in GC from amazon... Paid $0.14!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Now im curious what it is! awesome buy!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    On a good note I was able to buy DH a Christmas gift today for practically nothing
    Something he has been asking for a while (not going to say since he is home from work trying to creep next to me).
    Regular price at Sears was $99.99, they had it on Amazon for $79.99 and 50% off today so $39.99 plus tax and free shipping, then used $45 in GC from amazon... Paid $0.14!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post

holy crackers, that's amazing - great job
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hey all, been super quiet lately, reading everyone's posts but feeling like I have been knocked down again.

An old friend popped up last week and we agreed to go out (date out) all was good he was going to be gone for the weekend, no biggie but we would try for Monday depending on how his day went at work and what time he got home since he does have a commute. It is Wednesday and I have not heard from him which really is not bad but very out of character for him and to be honest has me panicking just a little bit. I panicked when he did not message me and sent him one asking if he changed his mind and many more since (I do not know the exact number anymore) but most with the same point that I am worried about him as this is out of character for him and wondering if he has changed his mind about us. I let my guard down got really excited and now just feeling down, he is a super wonderful guy super sweet super nice but worried all my fears from my previous "relationship" have pushed him away. I just wish he would message me one way or another right now. I am really not good with thing left open ended does he still want to go out with me doesn't, I hope and pray he does but right now I just need to know either way.

So I have spent most of my time obsessing over this and if my message have driven him away. Also not to mention being made at the previous guy for leaving me feeling like this, I know they are two different guys but I still worry and panic and ultimately my fear of getting hurt in my mind may have driven him away. Off I go to plot my next message which I should probably not send but when my nerves get going I ramble even in texts.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Holy crackers lol I like that haha

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well I just did 7 trades from oct 22 til today -one on one trades for really great coupons cant wait til they all come in(some formula coupons for my daughter-in-law too-for baby ashlyn -jasper I like your theory trying to spend next to nothing on items -.47 for mccains fries sure is cheap-well my son /wife are coming over with "ashlyn for a visit after the dentist-we are treating them to swiss chalet -we have a gift card hubby got from the school kids for 30.00 so a nice treat to share

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Hey all, been super quiet lately, reading everyone's posts but feeling like I have been knocked down again.

An old friend popped up last week and we agreed to go out (date out) all was good he was going to be gone for the weekend, no biggie but we would try for Monday depending on how his day went at work and what time he got home since he does have a commute. It is Wednesday and I have not heard from him which really is not bad but very out of character for him and to be honest has me panicking just a little bit. I panicked when he did not message me and sent him one asking if he changed his mind and many more since (I do not know the exact number anymore) but most with the same point that I am worried about him as this is out of character for him and wondering if he has changed his mind about us. I let my guard down got really excited and now just feeling down, he is a super wonderful guy super sweet super nice but worried all my fears from my previous "relationship" have pushed him away. I just wish he would message me one way or another right now. I am really not good with thing left open ended does he still want to go out with me doesn't, I hope and pray he does but right now I just need to know either way.

So I have spent most of my time obsessing over this and if my message have driven him away. Also not to mention being made at the previous guy for leaving me feeling like this, I know they are two different guys but I still worry and panic and ultimately my fear of getting hurt in my mind may have driven him away. Off I go to plot my next message which I should probably not send but when my nerves get going I ramble even in texts.
    You have the right to feel the way you do given your past relationships. I would wait a couple days before sending another text or give him a call (not text), I know it may be difficult but you don't want to come off as a stalker (lol). Perhaps something happened with his phone which you are texting, can't find his charger, or misplaced it, or who knows what has happened. I know you feel this is out of character for him but given the fact that you have been old friends maybe something has happened or circumstances have changed with his work schedule or family emergency. If it's meant to be it will be, just give it a few days before you jump to conclusions and if by chance you did scare him off better now that 6 months from now in my opinion. Good luck and let us know how things work out

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well I just did 7 trades from oct 22 til today -one on one trades for really great coupons cant wait til they all come in(some formula coupons for my daughter-in-law too-for baby ashlyn -jasper I like your theory trying to spend next to nothing on items -.47 for mccains fries sure is cheap-well my son /wife are coming over with "ashlyn for a visit after the dentist-we are treating them to swiss chalet -we have a gift card hubby got from the school kids for 30.00 so a nice treat to share
    have fun coupon girl with the big kids and sweet little Ashlyn enjoy yourselves, great way to spend time together and frugal too

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

well i must say after sitting down and going over my October receipts. im shocked.. our grocery bill averaged out to app. $100 a week.. for 4 of us..that did include a rather larger shopping spree.. it probably would have been half that had dh not been with me..
    is that good. my dh says his parents used to spend $200 a week that was 30+ years ago for 6 of them
    better keep closer track next month..

we found a 'gem in the rough' today.. a goodwill outlet on the outskirts of town has a really interesting 'store' system.. they have 16 very large rolling bins they change appr. every 5-10 minutes.. you literally have that long to go through it.. then a new one is brought out to replace it.
    they have clothes, housewares, furniture, toys.. everything. its all hit or miss
    most are $1.something by the pound.. which is not bad.
    I barely made it over my pound mark.
    its quite the interesting place. after that my son and I went back to a local church rummage sale.. picked up a few more goodies.

a November title.. I like the Remember to save...??

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well got to see my sweet ashlyn -she had us laughing so hard she pooed in her diaper then peed all over the change pad(as my son changed her)-now here is a man (28) who never liked to get dirty as a boy -used hand sanitizer when he worked in fortinos garden centre one summer-loll-and up her back soaked her little sleeper-well guess what in a rush to get to the dentist -my daughter-in-law forgot to pack an extra outfit . so low and behold in my mom's cedar chest -I took it out the other day was a short sleeve jumper with feet pink from England that was mine -so hey 54 years old ladies and I put it on her in a pinch -so cute she wore something of her nanny,s-at the restaurant she was so good sleeping so sweet-my son was worried as they never took her to a restaurant before

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

mrs sunshine a 100 a week for 4 is great -this month I spent 124 a week for 2 of us - a little more than last month

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

We leave a week today for our vacation - I picked up 2 shirts and 2 dresses today at Value Village. Should have shopped yesterday and would have got 20% off but the cashier DID lower one blouse to match the other because they both seemed to be the same kind and one was marked $2 more than the other. I'm trying to stick to turquoise and black as my intermingling colours. I may take one of the blouses back as when I got it home I wasn't quite liking it as much.
    One of the dresses I can wear in my "Wedding Officiant" role next summer. Black with a built in full length jacket and a rhinestone button at the waist. I can dress it up for suppers on the cruise and it is not heavy.
    We are trying to keep to "in house" food to try to use up things in the fridge and freezer before we go.
    I have saved all my Wedding Officiant fees as spending money for our trips. It should cover all our 'out of pocket" expenses.
    When I get paid tomorrow I will pre-pay all the coming month's bills (gestimating some). Since our heating and electric bills will be down to a minimum while we are away, that will help on bills in Dec. when we get home.
    Well, as of tonight, our house is officially off the market until the new year at least. There's nothing available that we want to buy and it would be too much of a hassle while we are away.
    Hope everyone has a good night. I'm sending good vibes to Natalka and her family in their move.
    Oh - a thought for J&C - since you do such a great job with "advising" us here on Frugal Spending - on ANY subject - maybe you should suggest writing an "advice" column for your local newspaper - I'm not kidding!
    How about No-Overspending November
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

oh Avon. enjoy your vacation.. think of me while sipping some fruity drink.. would ya..

its been a long week here.. and with the stress of upcoming family medical issues i haven't slept well. so i think im off to bed.. have a good night all.. see you all back here tomorrow.. hopefully bright and early

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    well i must say after sitting down and going over my October receipts. im shocked.. our grocery bill averaged out to app. $100 a week.. for 4 of us..that did include a rather larger shopping spree.. it probably would have been half that had dh not been with me..
    is that good. my dh says his parents used to spend $200 a week that was 30+ years ago for 6 of them
    better keep closer track next month..

we found a 'gem in the rough' today.. a goodwill outlet on the outskirts of town has a really interesting 'store' system.. they have 16 very large rolling bins they change appr. every 5-10 minutes.. you literally have that long to go through it.. then a new one is brought out to replace it.
    they have clothes, housewares, furniture, toys.. everything. its all hit or miss
    most are $1.something by the pound.. which is not bad.
    I barely made it over my pound mark.
    its quite the interesting place. after that my son and I went back to a local church rummage sale.. picked up a few more goodies.

a November title.. I like the Remember to save...??
    sounds interesting almost the same concept as speed dating (lol) speed shopping, I bet there must have been a lot of interesting gems to search through. I love going to thrift stores and such you never know what you will find. My kids also like going to thrift stores. PS I think $100.00 a week is fantastic for the 4 of you, keep up your frugal and smart shopping.
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Wed, Oct 30th, 2013 at 09:55 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well got to see my sweet ashlyn -she had us laughing so hard she pooed in her diaper then peed all over the change pad(as my son changed her)-now here is a man (28) who never liked to get dirty as a boy -used hand sanitizer when he worked in fortinos garden centre one summer-loll-and up her back soaked her little sleeper-well guess what in a rush to get to the dentist -my daughter-in-law forgot to pack an extra outfit . so low and behold in my mom's cedar chest -I took it out the other day was a short sleeve jumper with feet pink from England that was mine -so hey 54 years old ladies and I put it on her in a pinch -so cute she wore something of her nanny,s-at the restaurant she was so good sleeping so sweet-my son was worried as they never took her to a restaurant before
    I bet she looked beautiful in your old outfit, it's amazing that your mom kept all these treasures from your childhood. Well your son sounds like he has embarrased the daddy role, good for him and great for his wife. glad you all had an enjoyable dinner out together.

Page 77 of 82 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 ... LastLast

Thread Information