User Tag List

Page 80 of 82 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1219
Like Tree6510Likes

Thread: October Frugal Chatter - Harvest the Savings

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I attempted to have a nap earlier, but dh called while I was laying in bed. Some specialty perogies place from Regina had a truck in town today so dh called to tell me that he wanted to buy some and the guy would deliver it to the house...so I had to get up. At least the guy listened and knocked instead of using the doorbell. LO slept for about 1hr in total.

I mentioned on here about being a Patient and Family Advisor for the province. Not only am I going to be telling my story at the two day Dr. Recruitemnt event, but I am going to be speaking to the 55ppl first thing in the morning when we are starting off the program. I sat down this afternoon to try to type up what I will say. I have been told that I will have 5-10min time slot. I timed what I have written so far and it was about 4min 20sec. It is good to know that I can add some more important details. For anyone wondering...it is the story about my history of DVTs and PEs that were misdiagnosed in 2007 and nearly killed me.

I was also told that I do not need to keep my meal receipts because they will reimburse me the max amount for each meal. Dh suggested that I pack microwavable things for my breakfasts and also snacks because it is a 5hr drive each way. I confirmed with the hotel that my room will have a mini-fridge and a microwave. On the two days of the event I will need to leave the hotel at 6:40am to drive to Dalmeny and be back in time for the meeting which starts at 8:00am. It will be rush hour at that time. The round trip to drop LO off and pick him up is not something that I am looking forward to. Anyway, I was thinking about making different types of breakfast muffins that would be good to grab in the mornings. I haven't tried this stuff before but I did find some recipes for hashbrown cupcakes.

So far my list of ideas is: hashbrown breakfast cupcakes, breakfast biscuits, cheese biscuits, breakfast burritos (I've made them before), apples, marble cheese, puffed wheat squares, brownies, banana chocolate chip muffins, oatmeal chocolate chip squares, cookies, chips, dried apricots, granola bars, leftover Halloween candy (tomorrow's sales), beef jerky, small jam and peanutbutter packets.
    I will also frozen pureed avocado for LO because it is his favourite food and I know that my mom doesn't eat that stuff. I'll also pack Ritz cracker for him because my mom doesn't usually keep those in the house.

I'll pick up some chocolate milk in Saskatoon.
    Any other ideas?
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Oct 31st, 2013 at 05:24 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

well mine are all dressed up and heading out to a local pub.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am home, I left early (hope I don't hear about this later) I got candy and will try this Halloween thing.

What would make me super happy would be a message from a certain someone but I have decided do not give up hope. He waited this long I can wait a little longer. Now lets just hope I did not scare him off with my fears from my past relationships.

Sorry J&C I could not see the photo that was posted it would not load. But I am sure it was hot.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Checking in during trick or treat lull! Happy Halloween everyone!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Very quiet here-both girls have gone trick or treating with their friends! Time to grab dinner before our trick or treaters start arriving!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Working late tonight - Month end (joy oh joy) and setting up a UPS for the Xerox at work.

Will have to replace my laptop - eventually - but for now will share with BF or use the desktop tech system from my previous business. So glad the data i had isnt lost just the functionality of being able to curl up on the bed and do things.

Put in an application for a loan to consolidate a few debts and hopefully make the payments all together more affordable. We'll see if its approved or declined.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well only had about 30 kids -I guess the rain decreased that higher number- so some little ones got 3 chocolate bars -still left with 30 kitkats and aero bars oh well-I love chocolate -it was fun seeing the kiddies thou -my neighbour in their early 60's decided not to give out this year-cheap-that had 2 kids that where small once -boy I wouldn't stop just cause my kids are no longer at home -humbugggg

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

The rain sure didn`t stop the kids here. Not sure exactly how many were here but at least 50 maybe more. Still have a bunch of chocolate left...not a good thing. My Dr. reminded me on Tues that I need to lose weight.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    If you dont' mind sharing how are you able to only spend $50.00 a week on groceries for 3 people, I know you mentioned before that your dh is a picky eater, if I remember correctly, I also know you make a lot of foods from scratch if memory serves me correctly. thanks
    I'm not quite sure that's just what's it's worked out to since I've been keeping track of our budget since April, about $200 a month.

We price match everything if not on sale already and never buy anything not on sale. If it's not on sale we don't buy it that week. And use coupons where we can but lately haven't been using as many as we are so stocked up mainly buying a lot of produce, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Hi All Happy Halloween, it's raining here and I admit I am not looking forward to trick or treating in the rain, I know ds#2 won't mind as long as people are still giving out goodies (lol). I told dh last night that I was heading out to WM this am to stock up on McCain fries and dog food but to my despair I slept in and didn't see him off to work and he took my car....bummer...and to top the icing on the cake, my coupon binder is in the car because I brought it along last night to purchase 7x $3.24 Casa Di Mama pizzas - $3.00 x7....oh well lesson learned don't leave my coupons in the car but I will admit I would not have wanted to drive his truck anyways. I hope that the WM flyer still has the fries on rollback or sale again this week. I will post the names for voting for the November thread before Noon and will only post voting for 1 day as tomorrow is November 1st already.
    Where are pizzas on sale? Did the sale end today?

Crochetlady and jasperandchar like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I kept LO home today because it is Halloween and I am not working. He is currently eating in his high-chair. He got up early (4-5am) the last three days. I am going to take him to the Family Centre this morning for their Halloween tea. My LO is dressing up a Tigger because the costume was free and it fits him. Will do some trick-or-treating with him later in the day. I also have some candy to hand out when we are home. Here's hoping for a happy and smooth sailing Halloween.

I'm also going to stop by NF this morning for my THIRD attempt at getting the 10lb bag of red onions (they were out both other times...even though I was told that they would have more by then). Get more HOMO milk for LO another 4L jug of milk for dh and I because the jug that I bought yesterday is already 3/4 empty. I am also going to redeem an FPC for Cheemo perogies and then submit the receipt to CO51 to get $1 back. I like being paid to take home groceries.
    We are in the same boat this year re: Halloween costumes... DS was a cute bat because he was given the costume and it fit and was warm. We really didn't have the money for a new one this year so worked out great. DD squeezed into DS' newborn cow costume for pictures.... So cute!!

We were also given candy through DH's worked so we spent $0 on Halloween this year which was a nice break in the budget

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    OH Jas I came up with another name for next month...
    Last Call for Fall Savings
    what do you think??
    Really like that name MrsSunshine!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I attempted to have a nap earlier, but dh called while I was laying in bed. Some specialty perogies place from Regina had a truck in town today so dh called to tell me that he wanted to buy some and the guy would deliver it to the house...so I had to get up. At least the guy listened and knocked instead of using the doorbell. LO slept for about 1hr in total.

I mentioned on here about being a Patient and Family Advisor for the province. Not only am I going to be telling my story at the two day Dr. Recruitemnt event, but I am going to be speaking to the 55ppl first thing in the morning when we are starting off the program. I sat down this afternoon to try to type up what I will say. I have been told that I will have 5-10min time slot. I timed what I have written so far and it was about 4min 20sec. It is good to know that I can add some more important details. For anyone wondering...it is the story about my history of DVTs and PEs that were misdiagnosed in 2007 and nearly killed me.

I was also told that I do not need to keep my meal receipts because they will reimburse me the max amount for each meal. Dh suggested that I pack microwavable things for my breakfasts and also snacks because it is a 5hr drive each way. I confirmed with the hotel that my room will have a mini-fridge and a microwave. On the two days of the event I will need to leave the hotel at 6:40am to drive to Dalmeny and be back in time for the meeting which starts at 8:00am. It will be rush hour at that time. The round trip to drop LO off and pick him up is not something that I am looking forward to. Anyway, I was thinking about making different types of breakfast muffins that would be good to grab in the mornings. I haven't tried this stuff before but I did find some recipes for hashbrown cupcakes.

So far my list of ideas is: hashbrown breakfast cupcakes, breakfast biscuits, cheese biscuits, breakfast burritos (I've made them before), apples, marble cheese, puffed wheat squares, brownies, banana chocolate chip muffins, oatmeal chocolate chip squares, cookies, chips, dried apricots, granola bars, leftover Halloween candy (tomorrow's sales), beef jerky, small jam and peanutbutter packets.
    I will also frozen pureed avocado for LO because it is his favourite food and I know that my mom doesn't eat that stuff. I'll also pack Ritz cracker for him because my mom doesn't usually keep those in the house.

I'll pick up some chocolate milk in Saskatoon.
    Any other ideas?
    What about making some mini quiches in muffin trays? They are my favourite go to breakfast

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

We only had 3 trick or treaters tonight. DS only went around the block and back but still got a ton of candy as people were giving handfuls since no one else was out

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

same here.. well the neighbor only had 3. they were our neighbors. then a bunch of rowdy teens showed up.. that was it.. everyone has already shutoff their lights..
    tomorrow the christmas season starts..

Page 80 of 82 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 LastLast

Thread Information