User Tag List

Page 26 of 82 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast
Like Tree6510Likes

Thread: October Frugal Chatter - Harvest the Savings

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Doing the happy dance, got a call 1st thing this am from warranty company saying that they are pleased to offer me a brand range/stove, yippee, and Chester the golden retriever puppy met last night, worst part is my sinus are so screwed up I didn't think he smelled so bad so I let him in the house to give him a bath, big mistake, we now have the mild scent of skunk on/in the upstairs floor
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well everybody have my new granddaughter-I cant send pictures as son doesn't want to -put her on facebook or anything-but she was born at 11.13 last night "ashlyn" weight 6 pounds 12 oz- a tiny baby girl with loads of black hair -my lovely daughter-in-law was in labour from 2 .00 am on sat when her water broke -then we went to hospital at 2.00 pm and her labour was slow -but then picked up in the evening -and my daughter-in-law let her mom and I go in the birthing room with her when she was in labour and pushing -midwifes let us -our husbands went home at 9.00 pm- well I almost passed out -unreal-not from seeing anything cause she wasn't crowning yet -just maybe we shouldn't have eaten boston pizza at 4.30-i don't know my nerves -but I removed myself from the room and a nurse told me my coloring was back to go back in there -maybe my blood sugar dropped she said -anxious maybe-so I went back in and held jenns head up as she pushed -my what a different experience than my 2 births -more subdued lighting, no stirrups she used the mom's -us our hips to put her feet on and push -just a nicer experience than I had 28 and 31 years ago-I thanked her for letting me come in -wow then today we went back this morning to hold her -so sweet -ahhhh I cant describe how this feels-wonderfull-then my son said last night that my mom would have loved her -well I cried then -ohh and my son caught her coming out and cut the cord-just wonderfull-now I can have my thanksgiving too
    Just wonderful! Absolutely wonderful!
    CONGRATS!
    Name:  CCF05032013_00112.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  64.4 KB

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    Hey ladies, going to catch up on the thread but just wanted to give a quick update now that I'm home (well at my in-laws home)

Wednesday I continued to experience all-over body pain/aches, tender stomach, hot/cold flashes so DH took me to the walk-in after work. Dr. diagnosed me with suspected kidney infection based on where the aches were the worst, infection in urine and past kidney infection last year.

Got antibiotics, went home, had the chills all night. Tried to go to sleep, DH put a heated throw over top me since I only had a very low fever. I woke up 20 minutes later vomiting, severe pain and with a fever of 105.5. I was completely out of it and possibly had a seizure. DH called 911 and I was rushed to the hospital by ambulance and have been there up until this morning.

Turns out I not only had a severe kidney infection but also pneumonia. I had water in my lungs, swollen kidneys/lungs/liver, trouble breathing and racing heartbeat and was hooked up on oxygen and iv antibiotics/fluids for several days while they sent me for ultrasounds and x-rays.

I have had a very rough week physically and emotionally and missing my babies like crazy (although my in-laws have been taking care of them and bringing them up to see me). I've felt very alone in the hospital and abandoned by my family at a time when I really needed them. My dad came up to see me once (other than the night in emerg) after a guilt trip. Not long ago my dad was in the hospital for weeks and I missed a lot of time off work unpaid going to visit him, yet he couldn't sacrifice his darts night to come see me. My mother in-law and father-in-law came to see me every single day I was there, and my brother-in-law and sister-in-law even came to see me from 2 hours out of town two days in a row... yet my own sister did not bother to come see me once.

Always remember... what goes around comes around.

Now I am at my in-laws for a couple days so they can keep an eye on me and I don't overdo it with the kids. They are always so supportive and would drop anything in a heartbeat for us. They rushed over to our house at midnight to get the kids and have helped us financially with the cost of formula which he hadn't anticipated. I don't know how we could ever repay them for all of the help they have given us.

Please let me know if you think of anything we can do for them. We can't afford anything financially so your ideas are greatly appreciated.
    So glad you are on the mend, you and your family are so blessed to have inlaws like them but remember that is what family is for. I hear ya on the being in the hospital and feeling alone & abandoned, my parents called me from Arizona when I was in the hospital and said "there's no point us coming home" as you will be out in a couple days, my situation was quite different then yours but I never have forgotten that I never will. Take it easy and enjoy the extra help. As for repaying them or doing something for them, they don't expect it and are only being the caring & loving parents that they are. Their gift to you and your dh is helping in anyways they can and they don't need anything other then a thank you, they enjoy helping you and love being around your kids, that is a gift in itself but what do I know.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    Just threw my sons bedding in (I know time of use is not in my favor) to hang outside and dry in the sunshine. I really have trouble doing laundry after 7 pm, does anyone else? I'm just too darn tired.
    I often wonder if it's cheaper washing during daytime high-price hours but paying nothing to hang dry, than using both washer and dryer during low-price times??

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    never take hubbies shopping.. they hit that stupid reduced baked good section.. crap. i'll learn.. THEN he offers to take my son and him to get hair cuts at the barbers-$40 freakin dollars later. cause he can't wait to get his done at my hairdressers - $7!!
    wish they'd learn some patience. oh well he's the one working so much. but still.
    I feel your pain! My hubby is the worst to take to the grocery store, always come out $20 worth of junk food later...
    and we have a family member that used to cut his and ds' hair but now all of a sudden he insists that it's not good enough and pays $40 to get their hair cut when we used to pay nothing

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Inquiring Minds Want to Know!!! So what are everyone's plan for Thanksgiving? Do you celebrate, get together with family and or friends for a meal, what do you eat, who cooks, pot luck?
    We will be getting together with DH's parents, brother ad sister in law, cousins, etc for a nice big dinner on Saturday. Going to my aunt's who I'm very close with new house to have dinner with them and my cousin and his family.

As far as I'm concerned that is all the family I have to worry about

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Oh I do, We do a new sheet each month and I have kept them from the start so I'm not worried at all. I just find it funny that someone would say that.

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyetea View Post
    So just have the person paying sign their names to a sheet of participants at the time they give their money and give a receipt for money received. If one doesn't work, the other should cover it in case of a later dispute. I thought proof was required when a group of people showed to collect their money? Without proof, people may have to pay tax on their winnings.

I work for auditors, can you tell?

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Do you mean frost? I get that in my chest freezer, which means I need to replace the seal, since moisture is getting in. In a home fridge, it could be malfunctioning. Have you looked up the user's guide on the internet?
    No,I will thank you for the response and tip!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Hey ladies, going to catch up on the thread but just wanted to give a quick update now that I'm home (well at my in-laws home)

Wednesday I continued to experience all-over body pain/aches, tender stomach, hot/cold flashes so DH took me to the walk-in after work. Dr. diagnosed me with suspected kidney infection based on where the aches were the worst, infection in urine and past kidney infection last year.

Got antibiotics, went home, had the chills all night. Tried to go to sleep, DH put a heated throw over top me since I only had a very low fever. I woke up 20 minutes later vomiting, severe pain and with a fever of 105.5. I was completely out of it and possibly had a seizure. DH called 911 and I was rushed to the hospital by ambulance and have been there up until this morning.

Turns out I not only had a severe kidney infection but also pneumonia. I had water in my lungs, swollen kidneys/lungs/liver, trouble breathing and racing heartbeat and was hooked up on oxygen and iv antibiotics/fluids for several days while they sent me for ultrasounds and x-rays.

I have had a very rough week physically and emotionally and missing my babies like crazy (although my in-laws have been taking care of them and bringing them up to see me). I've felt very alone in the hospital and abandoned by my family at a time when I really needed them. My dad came up to see me once (other than the night in emerg) after a guilt trip. Not long ago my dad was in the hospital for weeks and I missed a lot of time off work unpaid going to visit him, yet he couldn't sacrifice his darts night to come see me. My mother in-law and father-in-law came to see me every single day I was there, and my brother-in-law and sister-in-law even came to see me from 2 hours out of town two days in a row... yet my own sister did not bother to come see me once.

Always remember... what goes around comes around.

Now I am at my in-laws for a couple days so they can keep an eye on me and I don't overdo it with the kids. They are always so supportive and would drop anything in a heartbeat for us. They rushed over to our house at midnight to get the kids and have helped us financially with the cost of formula which he hadn't anticipated. I don't know how we could ever repay them for all of the help they have given us.

Please let me know if you think of anything we can do for them. We can't afford anything financially so your ideas are greatly appreciated.
    Oh MaddensMomma...sorry you had such a terrible week...
    Glad you're on the mend....Sending you BIG HUGS for a speedy recovery.
    Not all family are supportive...but I'm glad you have the support of you're in-law family...just loved on them, and be grateful for them, because they truly love you, and you're blessed to have them...Think of them as your family...because they think of you as there's. Take care hon.
    Name:  Hope-Feel-Better-Soon-.gif
Views: 237
Size:  226.0 KB

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvToUseCoupons View Post
    See. I told her she was funny .
    Maybe just funny looking these days with uncoordinated clothes and spit-up everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well everybody have my new granddaughter
    Congratulations!! How wonderful!!!

It is body soap. I've been making my own for close to 20 years (although I didn't get to it last weekend).
    Where do you find the ingredients? And did you adjust a recipe to make your own? Do you add in fancy ingredients like rosemary or cinnamon, cocoa or something else? Sorry for the questions, I was doing some reading thinking I may try it one day.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been unwell. I hope you're feeling much better now and I'm so glad your in-laws are so kind and helpful when you need them!

Perhaps you can set up a colouring table with the kids to make them all pictures? Or do some crafts with the kids to decorate their trees for Christmas? Paper chains, sparkle ornaments, snowflake cut-outs?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I need to RANT (lol), my parents have for the last 12 years gone away from May to September and then in the last 7 years also so innadition to this travel to Arizona from Nov. to March, so in essence they are or have only been around for for 2-3 months a year. I'm not upset that they are not around as I had a very difficult childhood and quite honestly destroyed all the pictures of my childhood up to when I met my dh at 17 years old. The only picture I kept was my baby picture. Anyways my rant is now that my mom has to go for heart surgery I know my parents will expect to be invited over for Christmas and I quite honestly don't care to have them over. My parents have said numerous times over and over that it's nice to be away for Christmas and not have to decide who's home they will go to but both my brothers never invite them over for holidays of any sorts so guess who is the one that used to invite them over. My point is that I know they expect that they will be invited over for Christmas but I think they will get the shock of their lives since I have no plans to invite them over as my dad hates Christmas and is a total jerk all the time regardless of the occasion or day. My mom is a drama queen and to be honest this may seem harsh, I don't really want them around because they will ruin our nice Christmas and everything else they take part in. I went out with my boys and parents on Saturday and I swear never again, my dad had a temper tantrum worse than a 2 year old child and is just a jerk in general with my kids especially my oldest who has ADHD. I get mad and tell my parents how can you get upset with someone who is a child and secondly has a disability, shame on you. Anyways as thanksgiving is approaching I won't be hosting a dinner of any sort as dh & my eldest son will be away moose hunting. This gives my youngest and I some quality time together. Anyways I know my parents have started to come around more often and call everyday freakin' day since they got word of my mom's upcoming surgery. I know I will not visit her at the hospital because of what they said to me when I was in the hospital admitted by the ambulance not by choice in the physc. ward, they knew what I did and didn't even have the parenting skills which they never did have, years of neglect and so much more but the point is I am going to stand my ground and not invite them over for Christmas and of course my dad being the jerk he is will say and this is why we go away during Christmas and I will say no one has you over because you don't give a rats ass about anyone else other than your selfsish self. I don't really have a point to this I know my parents won't be around forever and given my past to me they have never been around anyways, I just think that it's ironic now that they will no longer be able to travel given the high insurance costs for my mom to be insured that now they are kissing my ass, sweet karma.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I remember that story...... the sad part is we have people that don't participate and say they will just sue us if we win.... And we work in the legal field lol
    Lol!!
    blueeyetea and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Oh Jasperandchar sending you hugs...
    Unfortunately we don't get to choose our family.
    Do whatever you think is best for you, your DH and kids.
    Whatever well make you guys happiest. After all the holidays are a time to be happy.
    Sending you Hugs.
    Name:  9985.gif
Views: 178
Size:  55.1 KB

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

MaddensMomma: So sorry to hear you`re sick. Hope you feel better soon.

jasperandchar: Glad to hear you`re getting a new stove. Hope whatever you get works better than the one you have.

Don`t get me started on family. We`ve decided that this year we`re not doing any family dinners at Christmas. I know we`ll take a lot of flack for it but we`re totally fed up with both mine and hubby`s families.
    blueeyetea and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    MaddensMomma: So sorry to hear you`re sick. Hope you feel better soon.

jasperandchar: Glad to hear you`re getting a new stove. Hope whatever you get works better than the one you have.

Don`t get me started on family. We`ve decided that this year we`re not doing any family dinners at Christmas. I know we`ll take a lot of flack for it but we`re totally fed up with both mine and hubby`s families.
    Thanks for sharing your own family drama, enough is enough is how I see it and how much is a person or family supposed to subject themselves to all that non-sense. Stay strong and enjoy your own Christmas. And yes I'm so anxious for a new proper functioning stove.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

They always have that deal when dh and I are away on holiday - then I get back and hear everyone talking about the great GC deal - but.....I shouldn't grouch - I wouldn't trade a cruise for great GCs - I know - just be quiet JB!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    don't forget Jas, that sometimes SDM offers their buy $150 in GC's and you get so many points too. im looking at doing it this year. if funds are in place. great for iTunes and restaurants.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Maddens' Momma-so sorry to hear of your awful week! Glad you are on the mend now!

Page 26 of 82 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast

Thread Information